Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Here's hoping to steep discounts on Untitled Goose Game  and Shakedown Hawaii.

Shakedown was like $5.99 on 3DS the other day, fingers crossed on that being the price here.

giphy.gif

Twin Mirror is at it’s all time low. Anyone here have any experience with it? I’m morbidly curious. It just seemed like they combined Twin Peaks and Black Mirror with the title.

Should I just get 1 of WRC9 and Dirt 5 or both? WRC9 is 70% off through tomorrow, Dirt 5 as part of the summer sale.
For PS5? WRC9 does a really good job of using the DualSense's triggers and haptics to improve the experience, but it's more of a rally sim racer while Dirt 5 is more like a light sim rally racer without as much of a focus on the checkpoint races. Dirt 5 is supposed to be getting, or has gotten, a big update to improve the DualSense stuff, though I don't know if it's good or not.

Should I just get 1 of WRC9 and Dirt 5 or both? WRC9 is 70% off through tomorrow, Dirt 5 as part of the summer sale.
I have both and really love Dirt 5. But I’m more of an arcade racer at heart - and Dirt 5 is definitely more arcadey than even previous iterations in the series. WRC9 is a great technical rally racer if you prefer a more sim like experience.

On PS5, Dirt 5 also looks fantastic on PS5 and up to 120 FPS if you have a TV that supports it. As mentioned, WRC had great dual sense features but Dirt 5 is now on par. Yesterday’s update really made haptics pretty amazing on D5.

So, while I’m a huge fan of Dirt 5, you can’t go wrong with either. Just depends on if you want a sim or an arcade racer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prepare for disappointment. Just got an e-mail from Sony; Playstation Summer Sale starts this Wednesday.
If insiders are to be believed, the reason sales suck is because they're invite only. Sony cherry picks who goes on sale based on their own metrics, not popular demand. Business-wise, it's smart. Consumer-wise, they're just another company who just wants your money.

I have both and really love Dirt 5. But I’m more of an arcade racer at heart - and Dirt 5 is definitely more arcadey than even previous iterations in the series. WRC9 is a great technical rally racer if you prefer a more sim like experience.

On PS5, Dirt 5 also looks fantastic on PS5 and up to 120 FPS if you have a TV that supports it. As mentioned, WRC had great dual sense features but Dirt 5 is now on par. Yesterday’s update really brought made haptics pretty amazing on D5.

So, while I’m a huge fan of Dirt 5, you can’t go wrong with either. Just depends on if you want a sim or an arcade racer.
Dirt 5 or Year 1 edition? Is the extra content in the year 1 worth 6 bucks? Thanks!

If insiders are to be believed, the reason sales suck is because they're invite only. Sony cherry picks who goes on sale based on their own metrics, not popular demand. Business-wise, it's smart. Consumer-wise, they're just another company who just wants your money.
Yep, I had read that. And they don't even have a way to track wishlists to see what games are in high-demand. So it's probably just a small handful of people at Sony who have no clue what people want and just keep picking the same ol' AAA titles.

Anyone have any input on Project Cars 3?  Been waiting for the Deluxe to drop like a rock, which it has, but want to know if $28 is still too much for it lol

The reception was pretty lousy, people did not feel simcade was the proper direction to take with that series, and it didn't seem to even do that very well. Very rough and unpolished, at least at launch if I recall correctly.

The reception was pretty lousy, people did not feel simcade was the proper direction to take with that series, and it didn't seem to even do that very well. Very rough and unpolished, at least at launch if I recall correctly.
Yea I had heard that when it came out. Was curious if patches and what not fixed some of the complaints. I had read that some people thought the game was awesome and reminded them of NFS Shift. Price ain't bad but if it isn't that good I will wait for it to go lower.

Twin Mirror is at it’s all time low. Anyone here have any experience with it? I’m morbidly curious. It just seemed like they combined Twin Peaks and Black Mirror with the title.
As someone who had preordered Twin Mirror, I'd say wait until it's closer to $5. There's some good ideas and a few nice-looking parts, but not much was executed very well, and the story and characters were pretty bland. As someone who usually loves these types of games, I was pretty disappointed.

Also, if you're masochistic enough to go for the platinum trophy, you'll soon discover that there's no way to skip dialogue and have to slowly slog your way through everything multiple times. Your different choices affect things even less than the typical Telltale game, so it's not even too terribly interesting choosing different responses. Each of the 4 endings were unsatisfying in different ways.

What strategies do you guys use for combing through PSN deals?  I use Deku deals for Switch to wade through the shovelware, and it sort of works.

I used to use the PSN website, but it's awful now.  I have tried PSPrices, but it is just annoying to have to go through so much crap.  After 10-15 years of CAGging, I am sick of this.  I know PSPrices at least has a list mode with sorting but I can't even remember how to get that.

Do they really sell more stuff by putting 1200 things on sale at at a time?  Why not 100 things every week and rotate?  It's just a rotation of the same crap over and over, which is fine, but again, you have to search through a sewer of shit.  I used to enjoy it and just look on the PSN site (we circle back), but... I've changed, and so has the site.

What strategies do you guys use for combing through PSN deals? I use Deku deals for Switch to wade through the shovelware, and it sort of works.

I used to use the PSN website, but it's awful now. I have tried PSPrices, but it is just annoying to have to go through so much crap. After 10-15 years of CAGging, I am sick of this. I know PSPrices at least has a list mode with sorting but I can't even remember how to get that.

Do they really sell more stuff by putting 1200 things on sale at at a time? Why not 100 things every week and rotate? It's just a rotation of the same crap over and over, which is fine, but again, you have to search through a sewer of shit. I used to enjoy it and just look on the PSN site (we circle back), but... I've changed, and so has the site.
The link Frisky posted to the list on PlatPrices was helpful to me. I like the organization and additional information they give on that site. It's where I prefer to look at the sale lists at this point.

As someone who had preordered Twin Mirror, I'd say wait until it's closer to $5. There's some good ideas and a few nice-looking parts, but not much was executed very well, and the story and characters were pretty bland. As someone who usually loves these types of games, I was pretty disappointed.

Also, if you're masochistic enough to go for the platinum trophy, you'll soon discover that there's no way to skip dialogue and have to slowly slog your way through everything multiple times. Your different choices affect things even less than the typical Telltale game, so it's not even too terribly interesting choosing different responses. Each of the 4 endings were unsatisfying in different ways.
Thanks for the response. I’ll definitely be saving my money for a while longer.

Worth noting if you have Target Circle, you can get another 4 months of Apple TV for free that should stack with this, it sounds like. Gonna see if it does when I get home

Worth noting if you have Target Circle, you can get another 4 months of Apple TV for free that should stack with this, it sounds like. Gonna see if it does when I get home
I did it the opposite way. I had been on the Target 4 month and got the additional 6 months by updating and opening the PS app. It worked this way so I am sure it will work the other way too.

I used the 4 months from Target and this 6 months stacked, though it was on a different account than where i had the year trial (that turned into 18months) for buying an iphone. on slickdeals it was said that this code won't stack with those trials.

Anyone have any input on Project Cars 3? Been waiting for the Deluxe to drop like a rock, which it has, but want to know if $28 is still too much for it lol
I got burned out on Gran Turismo Sport after so many years and while I wasn't wild about the reboot of Grid (it was just ok), I still felt like I needed something less serious than GTS but not totally arcade like Grid. Project Cars 3 is one of the pew games that found the perfect middle ground (the way Dirt 4 did before the Dirt Rally series started). I'm also someone who only played the demo of PC1 & PC2, so I wasn't all pissed about the change of direction that PC3 took (which is what most of the complaining was about rather then the quality of the game).

I'd say if you liked Driveclub or Grid that you'd like this game. It takes itself more seriously than those, but is not as serious as GT or Forza.

I bought it for just under $18 (after tax and shipping) back in March and don't regret it. I'm not a digital guy, but $35 is waaay too much for the DLC alone. The DLC is worth about $15 IMO. The physical can be bought for about $18 and traded for about $8. So with the depreciation/loss on physical ($10) plus the sunk cost on where I estimate the "true" value of the DLC ($15) I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the whole bundle at this point in time.

Personally, since I already paid $18 several months ago I would be open to the season pass DLC at $10 or so...I think it's a pretty fun game. Not the best graphics, sounds, or career, but the feeling of the cars, they just feel sorta alive if that makes any sense.

I got burned out on Gran Turismo Sport after so many years and while I wasn't wild about the reboot of Grid (it was just ok), I still felt like I needed something less serious than GTS but not totally arcade like Grid. Project Cars 3 is one of the pew games that found the perfect middle ground (the way Dirt 4 did before the Dirt Rally series started). I'm also someone who only played the demo of PC1 & PC2, so I wasn't all pissed about the change of direction that PC3 took (which is what most of the complaining was about rather then the quality of the game).

I'd say if you liked Driveclub or Grid that you'd like this game. It takes itself more seriously than those, but is not as serious as GT or Forza.

I bought it for just under $18 (after tax and shipping) back in March and don't regret it. I'm not a digital guy, but $35 is waaay too much for the DLC alone. The DLC is worth about $15 IMO. The physical can be bought for about $18 and traded for about $8. So with the depreciation/loss on physical ($10) plus the sunk cost on where I estimate the "true" value of the DLC ($15) I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the whole bundle at this point in time.

Personally, since I already paid $18 several months ago I would be open to the season pass DLC at $10 or so...I think it's a pretty fun game. Not the best graphics, sounds, or career, but the feeling of the cars, they just feel sorta alive if that makes any sense.
It's $28 for the Deluxe (game and season pass) so I might just pull the trigger on the digital edition as I don't really sell any games anyways.

The campaign stuff is pretty good from what I've played so far, though the slow drops of loot makes it feel like a slower game than it is. You can even play the online stuff solo, at least for the basic missions, which lets you see the rebuilt carrier and other characters faster than the campaign lets you try them out.

I had over 160 hours in Avengers as of last year I think, and more this year.  They really fucked the leveling with the change they made.  Also, the slow drip of content is pretty lame, on top of paying full price for the game and having to pay for more cosmetics on top of it.  Some I get, like the Endgame outfits.  But as far as the other rehashed 55 time costumes, paying like $10 each is a pretty shit thing to have to do.  Just my opinion.

I definitely recommend checking this game out, especially during the trial period. The campaign is great, as are the additions of Kate Bishop, Clint, and the Future Imperfect storyline. War for Wakanda will be out soon as well!
You can easily shotgun the campaign in a weekend and have a good time. Quite frankly, they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot giving away the best and shortest part of the game for free, but hey, why not

bread's done
Back