Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Maybe I'm slow to notice this, but does anyone else have all PSN store search results (on desktop) direct to the home page instead of the game pages?

What's this about?
Crap. I thought I posted about it in this thread too. EA play was yesterday and they had a code ITSBACK that you would enter for all different games and prizes. I definitely did in the Xbox thread. Not sure why I didn't post here. I really thought I did. Contest is over now.

What do I get from Apple TV?
The device or the service? The device is a streaming box like Roku and such. The service is a streaming platform with all original programming. There some real gems. There are a few documentaries that are excellent. Central Park is a wonderful animated show from one of the co creators of Bob’s Burgers. And I really liked Dickinson, a series about Emily Dickinson with a lot of anachronisms.

The service isn’t really worth the $5/month on a recurring basis, but it’s definitely worth bringing a bunch of stuff on a per month basis every so often

The device or the service? The device is a streaming box like Roku and such. The service is a streaming platform with all original programming. There some real gems. There are a few documentaries that are excellent. Central Park is a wonderful animated show from one of the co creators of Bob’s Burgers. And I really liked Dickinson, a series about Emily Dickinson with a lot of anachronisms.

The service isn’t really worth the $5/month on a recurring basis, but it’s definitely worth bringing a bunch of stuff on a per month basis every so often
Just the service. I don’t really have cable so was wondering if it’s something like being able to watch some tv shows or sports channels or somethin

Any predictions for August PS Plus?

I'm thinking:

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Tennis World Tour 2
Hunter's Arena: Legends* (PS5)

Totally random and really shitty list so I hope I'm wrong, but I just pulled em out of me butt.

I just bought Astebreed ($3.99) and Metal Max Neo ($7.99) for PS4.

Both are obscure Japanese games, so I thought that I might enjoy them.

Wish me luck.  :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I see what you did there
What'd I do other than put together a completely random list of games that I think will be free but there's no way it could ever be a real list of free games because it would be a super awful month and kind of embarrassing and just further the truth that Jim Ryan is ruining America?

What'd I do other than put together a completely random list of games that I think will be free but there's no way it could ever be a real list of free games because it would be a super awful month and kind of embarrassing and just further the truth that Jim Ryan is ruining America?
The funny thing is at the start of the year I got my PS5. PS+ had a PS5 game I wanted to try but not buy at full price so I found a year of PS+ for cheap. The next month or two PS+ had some good titles on it so I said "Screw it" and I bought another year of PS+ for cheap. I thought I was getting a great deal. Sony has not put a title I would even bother downloading on PS+ since. I guess they wanted to try to compete with Game Pass, realized they could not so just went back to competing with Xbox Gold. They are doing a great job keeping up with those low standards.

"However, it seems someone at Sony jumped the gun, updating the website prematurely and leaking the free PS Plus games for August 2021 ahead of time.

Sony has fixed its error, but the cat's out of the bag. Unless something changes between now and July 28, the free PS Plus games for August 2021 will be Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, Tennis World Tour 2, and the previously announced Hunter's Arena: Legends."

Someone remind me what the excuse for replacing the old storefront was again, I’m too tired of the new one taking so long to catch up to remember.

Yes I'm having the same results. The PS app seems fine. I tend to use the App more because the web store is crap.
I only ever use the app so I’m not sure about the web store’s issues. It’s poorly designed and laid out I assume?

But why would anyone ever use the web store?

I just bought Astebreed ($3.99) and Metal Max Neo ($7.99) for PS4.

Both are obscure Japanese games, so I thought that I might enjoy them.

Wish me luck. :shock:
"Good Luck! You'll need it" - Smash TV announcer

I own Astebreed on PS4 and it's a good Shmup.

I never heard of Metal Max. Looks pretty interesting. It's in my cart :)

I only ever use the app so I’m not sure about the web store’s issues. It’s poorly designed and laid out I assume?

But why would anyone ever use the web store?
I've used it to snag some of the PS Plus PS5 games I cant get on my PS4 and when I do eventually get a PS5 those games I claimed will be there waiting for me

"Good Luck! You'll need it" - Smash TV announcer

I own Astebreed on PS4 and it's a good Shmup.

I never heard of Metal Max. Looks pretty interesting. It's in my cart :)
Metal Max Xeno is the sequel to the PS2 game Metal Saga which was one of the hidden gems on the PS2.

I enjoyed Astebreed, but it wish it saved after each stage. I think that the developers want you to play it all the way through to the end in one sitting, but I don't have the attention span for that anymore. :bomb:

Metal Max Xeno is the sequel to the PS2 game Metal Saga which was one of the hidden gems on the PS2.

I enjoyed Astebreed, but it wish it saved after each stage. I think that the developers want you to play it all the way through to the end in one sitting, but I don't have the attention span for that anymore. :bomb:
Hi guys. Another nerd here wanting to jump in. I have looked at Astebreed each sale and may finally purchase it.

As for Max, I have been following this series since it's Super Famicom days. Like many, by the time it reached the US, it was no longer as well regarded, however, I was looking forward to trying this one.

Was going to grab it, but apparently there is a Metal Max Xeno REBORN or something coming to Switch. so I'll see you guys back here in a couple years when that one is $5. No, for real tho, I feel this series has been trying hard to capture the magic of the Super Famicom iterations (which, in all truth, I never played, even after unofficial translation). The Reborn version might finally be the chance if they actually take care of all the problems people complained about. I think it could be a crazy gem.

https://rpgamer.com/2021/05/metal-max-xeno-reborn-western-release-announced/

Coming to all platforms according to this

Hi guys. Another nerd here wanting to jump in. I have looked at Astebreed each sale and may finally purchase it.

As for Max, I have been following this series since it's Super Famicom days. Like many, by the time it reached the US, it was no longer as well regarded, however, I was looking forward to trying this one.

Was going to grab it, but apparently there is a Metal Max Xeno REBORN or something coming to Switch. so I'll see you guys back here in a couple years when that one is $5. No, for real tho, I feel this series has been trying hard to capture the magic of the Super Famicom iterations (which, in all truth, I never played, even after unofficial translation). The Reborn version might finally be the chance if they actually take care of all the problems people complained about. I think it could be a crazy gem.

https://rpgamer.com/2021/05/metal-max-xeno-reborn-western-release-announced/

Coming to all platforms according to this
Astebreed is a really good game. The perspective switches from 2D to 3D and back and forth throughout the game. Pretty impressive.

Unfortunately, I already bought Xeno on PSN, but it's cheaper at $7.99 than the physical copies were on Amazon, so I don't feel cheated.

For all buying Metal Max Xeno it was very OK. You drive around a tank and do some tasks and have to visit places and have to fight hard bosses at some of them. The story is basically nonexistent with the big push being finding survivors. The gameplay is alright with you sprucing up your tanks with weapons and having a few types as well. I honestly wouldn't really recommend it, cause I got a little bored of it after a few hours, but it's not terrible at least. Just feels like a waste of time for me, but it's just my own opinion. 

anyone else get the weekly update email and it has the june ps+ games in it?  How silly of them when it should be at least advertising this or next months titles. 

Tribes of Midgard is looking really good! I’m watching some early streams and it seems like a steal at $20, and it releases tomorrow. Anyone else picking it up?

Astebreed is a really good game. The perspective switches from 2D to 3D and back and forth throughout the game. Pretty impressive.

Unfortunately, I already bought Xeno on PSN, but it's cheaper at $7.99 than the physical copies were on Amazon, so I don't feel cheated.

For all buying Metal Max Xeno it was very OK. You drive around a tank and do some tasks and have to visit places and have to fight hard bosses at some of them. The story is basically nonexistent with the big push being finding survivors. The gameplay is alright with you sprucing up your tanks with weapons and having a few types as well. I honestly wouldn't really recommend it, cause I got a little bored of it after a few hours, but it's not terrible at least. Just feels like a waste of time for me, but it's just my own opinion.
The Metal Max Xeno Reborn version takes care of many of those issues but not all of them-- one of those deals where someone who likes the genre, or is just as bizarre as me and remembers the Famicom (!) game, might be the only people into it. Even with the Reborn, it won't be for everyone, but I'm hopeful! It's either this or I go play the fan translated Famicom and Super Famicom versions.

I cant' believe we're talking about Metal Max on here. There was a discussion about some other truly nerdy game recently too where someone said that. Wish I could remember which game that was, but I'm glad we can really truly nerd out in here sometimes. Never met anyone in real life who would have any clue what Metal Max was. :p

OhCsRlf.gif

I tried some Tribes of Midgard this morning on PS5 and had a good time. For $20, the game has a lot of replay value, free content updates and seasons, free battle pass, etc. There is a paid cosmetics store, but that’s to be expected and isn’t a necessity to have fun. The game can be played solo or co-op up to 10 people, and there’s matchmaking if you have no friends (like me!).

You can’t beat the price, and it’s really enjoyable so far! It might end up being a sleeper game for a lot of people.

Also

[attachment=35838:Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.21.14 PM.png]

Either this is an elaborate troll, or it is some sort of Metal Gear remake because there is a silhouette of a dude with a fucking eyepatch over his eye in the background.

Kojima I see you you sneaky mo fucka

The Metal Max Xeno Reborn version takes care of many of those issues but not all of them-- one of those deals where someone who likes the genre, or is just as bizarre as me and remembers the Famicom (!) game, might be the only people into it. Even with the Reborn, it won't be for everyone, but I'm hopeful! It's either this or I go play the fan translated Famicom and Super Famicom versions.

I cant' believe we're talking about Metal Max on here. There was a discussion about some other truly nerdy game recently too where someone said that. Wish I could remember which game that was, but I'm glad we can really truly nerd out in here sometimes. Never met anyone in real life who would have any clue what Metal Max was. :p
I totally missed this game series until Josekortez brought it up in this thread. That's one of the things I like about this forum. I find games I never would have known about. I watched a youtube review of the game and it looks like a game I will enjoy and I typically don't care for JRPGs all that much anymore.

As someone who bought a PS5 last week and haven't even set it up yet, you're welcome! But I feel like the sales figures would be triple that by now if there weren't pandemic-related supply issues.

Also

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.21.14 PM.png

Either this is an elaborate troll, or it is some sort of Metal Gear remake because there is a silhouette of a dude with a fucking eyepatch over his eye in the background.

Are we the fools? This whole thing has been so odd. If this isn’t Kojima, then these devs are asking for really bad backlash… and I kinda think they deserve it.

Also

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.21.14 PM.png

Remake of the original Metal Gear would be nice. He did said that is not the player character and that does look like Big Boss, so there's chance that it is Metal Gear Remake. My theory is Bluepoint games is working on the MG remake and Kojima is doing Silient Hills, but who knows.

bread's done
Back