Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Well it took a few days of convincing and had to provide my receipt, but finally got bandai namco to send me a pre-order bonus code for Tales of Arise. Lesson learned, don't re order games from Amazon if you want the pre order bonus as they never sent it and Amazon's customer service was not helpful.
Just learned this lesson myself with Aliens: Fireteam Elite, except Cold Iron Studios/Focus Home told us to fuck off.

Played some of the Death Stranding Directors Cut tonight … looks amazing, definitely weird … but impressive graphics on the PS5.

Played some of the Death Stranding Directors Cut tonight … looks amazing, definitely weird … but impressive graphics on the PS5.
I have yet to play a real fun game on PS5, but the games I have played look amazing. I think PS5 games look a LOT better than Series X games.

I love Death Stranding so much. Can't believe it's been two years since my first playthrough... Initial impressions of the Director's Cut:

- It's buttery smooth 60 FPS even 4k in quality mode nearly all the time.

- Ultra widescreen is super cinematic; I might play exclusively on that.

- QoL features remove the few pain points the original had for me.

- Game looks so good; I can't believe this was on PS4. One of the best games I've ever seen.

- Nails all of the PS5 features: controller/load times/3D audio are superb.

- Very hard mode! I'm playing through on this.

I'm only an hour in, so I can't weigh in on any new content. I can't believe how excited I am to do everything all over again. There's so many little details I didn't see the first time through... Reminds me of rewatching something like Twin Peaks.

I love Death Stranding so much. Can't believe it's been two years since my first playthrough... Initial impressions of the Director's Cut:

- Game looks so good; I can't believe this was on PS4. One of the best games I've ever seen.

I'm only an hour in, so I can't weigh in on any new content. I can't believe how excited I am to do everything all over again. There's so many little details I didn't see the first time through... Reminds me of rewatching something like Twin Peaks.
Digital foundry said wide mode keeps the 4K quality of quality mode and stable 60fps and only drops to 59 sometimes when norman looks at his face in the mirror. Looks like performance is the way to go as usual. Ultra wide is cool and I’ll probably mostly play on that

Well it took a few days of convincing and had to provide my receipt, but finally got bandai namco to send me a pre-order bonus code for Tales of Arise. Lesson learned, don't re order games from Amazon if you want the pre order bonus as they never sent it and Amazon's customer service was not helpful.
Just bad luck I guess. I got mine despite preordered years ago when they opened.

I never got past Clifford Unger in Vietnam! I’m sooooooo tempted to buy the director’s cut so I can play it in 4K on my 82” tv.

I bought but didn't play Death Stranding when it went $29.99 or something on PSN (yes I'm a CAG!). Time to pay $10 and get the definitive version.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS1MNTH1DLLR/

PlayStation Plus 1-Month Subscription - $1

Offer Valid September 23, 2021 @ 10:00 AM PST to September 26, 2021 @ 11:59 PM PST.

[customspoiler=terms]Limit one per user.  Not available to existing subscribers.  Your 1-month membership will renew automatically and $9.99 + applicable tax will be deducted from your wallet every 1 month until you cancel. If your wallet has insufficient funds, your account’s default payment method will be charged the remainder. Price may change.

To Cancel:
Go to [Settings] > [Users and Accounts] > [Account] > [Payment and Subscriptions] > [Subscriptions] on PS5; or
Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions] on PS4; or
Visit playstation.com/sonyaccount and log in to your account for PSN. Select [Subscription] > [PlayStation®Plus membership] > [Turn Off Automatic Renewal]; or
Call Consumer Support at 877-971-7669.[/customspoiler]

September PS+ games: Hitman 2 :ps4:, Predator Hunting Grounds :ps4:, Overcooked: All You Can Eat :ps5:

October PS+ games: ???

If you have enough time to blitz through, you can potentially straddle two months worth of games this way.  You can also combine it with the EA Play 1 month $1 offer to try out some multiplayer only games that you might not normally play without PS+, like Knockout City or Rocket Arena. ( https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5498-CUSA15087_00-PSEAA99CENTPROMO/ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems extremely likely, and seems relatively unlikely (though who knows what deals LRG and similar companies pull off?).
Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia sure but Dawn of Sorrow, Konomi will have to come up with some way to get around the having to draw the symbol to defeat the bosses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia sure but Dawn of Sorrow, Konomi will have to come up with some way to get around the having to draw the symbol to defeat the bosses.
Not that I know anything in terms of game programming, but shouldn't it be as simple as having the symbol auto-complete itself or removing it altogether?

Not that I know anything in terms of game programming, but shouldn't it be as simple as having the symbol auto-complete itself or removing it altogether?
Possibly but that’s if Konami wants to do it. I don’t think removing it would work because it’s the activation of it that triggers the end of the boss fight and opens some doors, so auto correcting the symbol could work.But that’s still if Konami wants to put in the effort to do it.

Possibly but that’s if Konami wants to do it. I don’t think removing it would work because it’s the activation of it that triggers the end of the boss fight and opens some doors, so auto correcting the symbol could work.But that’s still if Konami wants to put in the effort to do it.

Pretty sure there's already emulation patches that do exactly this, so you'd think it wouldn't be hard for the company who made the game.

The Death Stranding Director's Cut is the first game to truly make me wish I had a PS5 by now. I've been waiting for a while to restart it. Good to see all the great impressions.

Liking Kena a good bit so far. It really picks up when you get the bow form for your staff, as you can finally interact more with the environment and the combat gets the variety it needed so that you don't have to get close to all of the enemies to deal damage. Looks very nice, though it's not close to a Ratchet & Clank in terms of great looking PS5 games. Seems to have a lot of collectibles or activities to do in each area, so there's some reasons to go back for things you couldn't get or missed the first time around. Feels like a lengthy game based on how this first chunk is being stretched out and how many other side paths in the village that weren't opened up yet.

Also, it's pronounced Kay-na, not Key-na.

Edit: Here's the archive of the stream.

I haven’t had a PS+ sub in a couple of years. Are any of the games on sale worth it? Their rows of three on the store front making navigating the sale of hundreds of games a huge pain in the ass.

Liking Kena a good bit so far. It really picks up when you get the bow form for your staff, as you can finally interact more with the environment and the combat gets the variety it needed so that you don't have to get close to all of the enemies to deal damage. Looks very nice, though it's not close to a Ratchet & Clank in terms of great looking PS5 games. Seems to have a lot of collectibles or activities to do in each area, so there's some reasons to go back for things you couldn't get or missed the first time around. Feels like a lengthy game based on how this first chunk is being stretched out and how many other side paths in the village that weren't opened up yet.

Also, it's pronounced Kay-na, not Key-na.
Not Ken-na?

fuck. Having the itch to buy Diablo 2 Resurrected but $40 for that shit seems a bit steep.
In case it wasn't mentioned, no lobby support for consoles as I understand it. Considering the entire ability to advertise trading for items depended on a lobby trade chat, can't imagine the game without it.

I’m trying to get the PS5 upgrade for $10 but the link just takes me to the Deluxe version. Anyone else get the $10 upgrade for the PS4 disc version? I don’t see it on PSN either.

Edit- found it. I had to go to the store on my Ps5 with the disc in.

Not Ken-na?
Phonetically speaking, to be pronounced that way, it should be spelled that way (Kenna). That said, I have a friend named Kena, and it's pronounced Kenna. But phonetically, Frisky is right, and I'd imagine the people doing the game tried to get it right. (Admittedly, that is not always the case; names are often pronounced phonetically wrong in movies and games.)

In case it wasn't mentioned, no lobby support for consoles as I understand it. Considering the entire ability to advertise trading for items depended on a lobby trade chat, can't imagine the game without it.
No couch co-op was the deal killer for me. How they thought that was OK for a console game is beyond me

Phonetically speaking, to be pronounced that way, it should be spelled that way (Kenna). That said, I have a friend named Kena, and it's pronounced Kenna. But phonetically, Frisky is right, and I'd imagine the people doing the game tried to get it right. (Admittedly, that is not always the case; names are often pronounced phonetically wrong in movies and games.)
Names don’t typically follow phoneme rules, and English in general is pretty bad about following those rules in the first place.

If you have Target CIrcle you might have a 40% off videogames coupon.

Works on some preorders, was able to Preorder Forbidden West PS4 for about $36 after tax and Red Card.

works once in all eligible items in one cart, also works on Gran Turismo 7 Preorder, FF7 PS5 and some others.

Good luck!

Works on some preorders, was able to Preorder Forbidden West PS4 for about $36 after tax and Red Card.

works once in all eligible items in one cart, also works on Gran Turismo 7 Preorder, FF7 PS5 and some others.

Good luck!
4UZwk0.gif

Good luck!
Wow. Never received anything higher than 15% from target. Lucky

Good luck!
Holy hell glad you said something as it turns out I too have this coupon in my offers page. Never would have checked after the 10% one from last week. Thanks a bunch, now I need to decide what to use it on.

Oh... I reread what you typed and yeah it works on all eligible items in the cart.

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up I pre-ordered forbidden west for PS5 for $46. Wasn't going to get it day one, but a $28 discount was way too tempting seeing as PS5 games take their time to drop down in price.

bread's done
Back