Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Is Last of Us, Part 2 going to get some kind of PS5 director's cut or something as soon as I buy the PS4 version?  Is it going to be $15 at Christmas if I buy it now for $20?

Additionally, I'd like to get Cyberpunk, but I won't play it til the PS5 version drops.  $25 is good, but if I skip it, will it bump in price once it's on PS5?

Guess I could wait til next year for both.  I am broke af.  And there may be other deals I can't pass up later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you see Plus for less than $39.99? Or will it be less than $39.99 on or around Black Friday? Mine runs out in May 2022, so I'm not in any particular hurry.
The cheapest I have seen is $39.99 with using Amazon or Gamestop credit. I don't like to using cash when upping my PS+ because I got credit to burn.

Is Last of Us, Part 2 going to get some kind of PS5 director's cut or something as soon as I buy the PS4 version? Is it going to be $15 at Christmas if I buy it now for $20?

Additionally, I'd like to get Cyberpunk, but I won't play it til the PS5 version drops. $25 is good, but if I skip it, will it bump in price once it's on PS5?

Guess I could wait til next year for both. I am broke af. And there may be other deals I can't pass up later.
Well, definitely don't buy Cyberpunk for $25. Especially since Target has it for $10.

Arise is ok. The change in direction half way is like the FF8 post-disk-1 change. I didn't mind the FF8 one as much as Arise's. Arise, story-wise, was really strong through the third-ish area. Then it just falls off a cliff with a layers of deus ex machina stuff, and the stuff in the first areas pretty much just... ignored almost entirely.

Then I didn't like the combat enough to want to replay it in NG+.

Well, definitely don't buy Cyberpunk for $25. Especially since Target has it for $10.
Ain't got a disc drive. But maybe the digital will drop, too? I'm worried about some "Wow, PS5 version is great and out now!" future price hike. But if that can't really happen...

Do you see Plus for less than $39.99? Or will it be less than $39.99 on or around Black Friday? Mine runs out in May 2022, so I'm not in any particular hurry.
Last year it was $32.99 from some website or another, so I'm hoping for that again! relevant link: https://www.techradar.com/black-friday/black-friday-ps-plus-deals

Awesome Frisky, thanks for the list. I grabbed a bunch of stuff.

Another question for you PS pros. I will be giving my PS4 to my son who is away at college. How does PS+ game sharing currently work? I thought before I could have 2 consoles active for my account and the kids could play my PS+ games and other purchases on that second one without me needing to log in on it. Does it still work that way? Do I have to make one of them a "home" console like with Xbox in order for me not to have to be logged in at the same time?
Yes. My wife has my primary and I log in maybe once every couple months or so.

Does anyone know if there is a sale on upgrading a normal copy of Ghost of Tsushima PS4 for the PS5 version? I know it's usually $30 for the upgrade alone but since the game is on sale I thought the upgrade would be as well...

Hey guys, what is the cheapest way to get PSVR games? Used? (gamestop)? Ebay? Some CDkeys online? Help!
It really depends on the games. If you are ok with digital, they have given away a bunch on PS+ over the years (including 3 bonus ones this month), and some of them get frequent discounts on PSN. I just started playing Red Matter which I bought for $7.50 in the previous sale, and it on sale now for even less. I you require physical, I’d suggest B2G1 at GameStop for some of them, though still check prices against eBay and other stores of course.

Is Last of Us, Part 2 going to get some kind of PS5 director's cut or something as soon as I buy the PS4 version? Is it going to be $15 at Christmas if I buy it now for $20?
Pretty sure that's the one game that's not from what Druckman said. If anything it needs an edit...playing through it now...good, but super bloated.

It really depends on the games. If you are ok with digital, they have given away a bunch on PS+ over the years (including 3 bonus ones this month), and some of them get frequent discounts on PSN. I just started playing Red Matter which I bought for $7.50 in the previous sale, and it on sale now for even less. I you require physical, I’d suggest B2G1 at GameStop for some of them, though still check prices against eBay and other stores of course.
I don't have PSVR yet, but i had no idea they were giving away games with PS+. They don't show up in the monthly free games list I guess. Or at least not that I've seen before - now, I'm in the shop and they are there with the other PS+ games I already claimed a few weeks ago. I swear when I viewed the free game list (and claimed them) earlier those weren't there. Maybe there are different lists in their shop.

Edit: I think I figured it out. If you go to "Subscriptions" they are all listed in a row there - however, most of the time when I log in it doesn't think I have PS+ so it asks me to sign up for it (even though I subbed till 2023). If you go under "Deals" and then click the PS+ square below that it highlights the 3 main games (which I always claim). I never scrolled down (way off the bottom of the page) to see the "bonus" PSVR titles. D'oh! I blame that on web sites being designed for mobile use and having to have everything be big with lots of blank space so people can fat-finger stuff on their phones.

I don't have PSVR yet, but i had no idea they were giving away games with PS+. They don't show up in the monthly free games list I guess. Or at least not that I've seen before - now, I'm in the shop and they are there with the other PS+ games I already claimed a few weeks ago. I swear when I viewed the free game list (and claimed them) earlier those weren't there. Maybe there are different lists in their shop.

Edit: I think I figured it out. If you go to "Subscriptions" they are all listed in a row there - however, most of the time when I log in it doesn't think I have PS+ so it asks me to sign up for it (even though I subbed till 2023). If you go under "Deals" and then click the PS+ square below that it highlights the 3 main games (which I always claim). I never scrolled down (way off the bottom of the page) to see the "bonus" PSVR titles. D'oh! I blame that on web sites being designed for mobile use and having to have everything be big with lots of blank space so people can fat-finger stuff on their phones.
I found this list of PSVR compatible titles that have been given away via PS+ in the past: https://psplusinfo.com/games/ps_vr
Note: though Racket Fury is listed, it was not part of PS+ in North America. I think all of the others were.

If you have had PS+ for a while, there is a good chance you claimed some of these without necessarily realizing.

Just got the new Guardians of the Galaxy on Walmart for $25. Absolutely insane this game that just came out is so cheap. It seems mostly pickup only though.

Not to mention it got very positive reviews.

I loved Tales of Arise, but the 2nd half is pretty different and the endgame grind is so slow that if feels like they want you to buy the level up mtx. (10 levels for $3).  I still really enjoyed it. 

I need to try FF7R again.  I was just so bored with it.  I never played the original, so can't tell if it gets any better which I've heard many people say it does not pick up until the end.

For what to get, I'm thinking the retail version of Kena even though it's not on sale.  I thought about Returnal, but I am not into hyper-difficult games and may wait on a deeper sale.

I doubt that levels dlc would make a large difference.  Tales of games don't have more than bare minimum stats increase on level up these days.  Not since xillia 1 where they come more from whatever sphere grid like skill system/title system they use and equipment and stat herbs. usually its 1-2 3rds equipment with with the rest coming from herbs or the skill system. 

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1463288449922969605

More video game TV Show adaptation in the works.

Lucked into a PS5 in the Sony Direct drop last night. Should be here Friday! I’m psyched. I can’t wait to play Astro, and finally get around to God of War and Horizon, both of which I bought when I got a PS4 a couple years ago (late enough that it was cheap, but also late enough that I had other consoles I played more often).

Lord knows I have plenty of games in my backlog, but I want to get one more to show off the PS5. I’m leaning towards Miles Morales, since it looks great and also sounds like it’s short enough that I could finish it despite my limited dedicated gaming time. I haven’t played the original Spider-Man yet, but I’m leaning towards just getting MM and waiting to get the SM remaster down the road. It would be different if the Ultimate edition was cheaper, but it seems like it’s going to be a $20 upgrade no matter what.

Anyone have any other thoughts, recommendations, general advice?

I enjoyed Ratchet & Clank myself and it was shorter too so that may work well with your limited playtime also. But maybe wait for a deal. Not worth full price to me, in my opinion.

Lucked into a PS5 in the Sony Direct drop last night. Should be here Friday! I’m psyched. I can’t wait to play Astro, and finally get around to God of War and Horizon, both of which I bought when I got a PS4 a couple years ago (late enough that it was cheap, but also late enough that I had other consoles I played more often).

Lord knows I have plenty of games in my backlog, but I want to get one more to show off the PS5. I’m leaning towards Miles Morales, since it looks great and also sounds like it’s short enough that I could finish it despite my limited dedicated gaming time. I haven’t played the original Spider-Man yet, but I’m leaning towards just getting MM and waiting to get the SM remaster down the road. It would be different if the Ultimate edition was cheaper, but it seems like it’s going to be a $20 upgrade no matter what.

Anyone have any other thoughts, recommendations, general advice?
Looks like you are in the same boat as me. Huge backlog of PS4 stuff not to mention Xbox/Switch but after finally getting a PS5 I felt like i needed to get *something* new for it. I ended up going with FF VII. My CAG heart aches to have to pay $42.74 (Target with red card discount) for any game, especially since my days of having store credit/trade-ins to use are long gone. But this is an exception. Lord help me I may even end up paying near full price for Elden Ring when it comes out if it lives up to the hype.

What's weird is that I got my PS5 last Friday and I still haven't hooked it up yet. I did clear off a space for it though! I removed a PS3 that was sitting there and not used for years. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my PS4. It is going to one of my boys - just have to decide which...

I enjoyed Ratchet & Clank myself and it was shorter too so that may work well with your limited playtime also. But maybe wait for a deal. Not worth full price to me, in my opinion.
I would have preferred this to FF VII as a quicker and probably more obvious "demo" of the PS5's power, but $50 is just too much for such a short game. I know I'll be able to get this for much less within the next year or so. If the BF pricing had been $30 I would have been all over it, and I may have considered it at $40. It just seems to me that BF pricing this year is for the most part about $10 over what it should be.

Probably a stupid question, but I am new to PlayStation. When I uninstall a game do I lose all my saves? If I was to reinstall in the future can I continue from where I left off?

Probably a stupid question, but I am new to PlayStation. When I uninstall a game do I lose all my saves? If I was to reinstall in the future can I continue from where I left off?
I'm no expert on it but I believe with PS+, anyway, your saves are uploaded to the cloud.

Also, I just discovered that Amazon is price matching Walmart so I just ordered Deathloop and Guardians of the Galaxy for $25 each. I'd probably not even spend that much on those games normally, but it goes back to the shiny new toy thing again - want some more games to show off I guess. Actually those aren't even the types of games I'd normally play at all ;). I just have to be disciplined and force myself to beat both games ASAP to get my money's worth.

Not sure what I'll do with my FF VII now... Can always return that to Target though.

Just to confirm I do not have PS+ subscription and it should still be fine?
Save files are still stored on the console and are separate from the game download itself. As long as you don't go into your save storage on the console and delete the specific save then you're good. Keep in mind without PS+ you have to put your saves on a flash drive if you change systems.

Save files are still stored on the console and are separate from the game download itself. As long as you don't go into your save storage on the console and delete the specific save then you're good. Keep in mind without PS+ you have to put your saves on a flash drive if you change systems.
Thanks!

Just to confirm I do not have PS+ subscription and it should still be fine?
Without PS+ you can back up your PS4 game saves to a USB drive FYI. Unfortunately Sony went the other way for PS5 game saves and those can only be backed up via uploading them to the cloud with PS+. No way currently to locally backup PS5 game saves, but I hope that changes in the future.

Looks like you are in the same boat as me. Huge backlog of PS4 stuff not to mention Xbox/Switch but after finally getting a PS5 I felt like i needed to get *something* new for it. I ended up going with FF VII. My CAG heart aches to have to pay $42.74 (Target with red card discount) for any game, especially since my days of having store credit/trade-ins to use are long gone. But this is an exception. Lord help me I may even end up paying near full price for Elden Ring when it comes out if it lives up to the hype.

What's weird is that I got my PS5 last Friday and I still haven't hooked it up yet. I did clear off a space for it though! I removed a PS3 that was sitting there and not used for years. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my PS4. It is going to one of my boys - just have to decide which...

I would have preferred this to FF VII as a quicker and probably more obvious "demo" of the PS5's power, but $50 is just too much for such a short game. I know I'll be able to get this for much less within the next year or so. If the BF pricing had been $30 I would have been all over it, and I may have considered it at $40. It just seems to me that BF pricing this year is for the most part about $10 over what it should be.
Thanks both. I would get R&C in a heartbeat if it was cheaper. Miles Morales for $30 feels like the best bang for the buck. When they get cheaper, I’ll pick up Ratchet, Demons Souls, Tsushima, and Returnal. I’m definitely getting Elden Ring when it comes out. I just have to choose between PS5 and Series X.

bread's done
Back