Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I have a Jackie Robinson Edition code for MLB The Show 21. Redeems for a full PS5 digital copy of MLB 21, as well as the Jackie Robinson bat skin, and a bunch of the card packs and whatnot.

If anyone is interested PM me an offer. Happy holidays everyone and happy hunting.

Hooked up the PS5 tonight (just delivered) and booted up RE Village. I can barely hear thr main characters voice...am I missing a setting? It sounds like he's underwater. The wife was loud in clear at the beginning.

Currently running the audio through an Onkyo receiver with speakers if that makes a difference.

I assume it's an in game setting since other games didn't seem tk have this problem.

Hooked up the PS5 tonight (just delivered) and booted up RE Village. I can barely hear thr main characters voice...am I missing a setting? It sounds like he's underwater. The wife was loud in clear at the beginning.

Currently running the audio through an Onkyo receiver with speakers if that makes a difference.

I assume it's an in game setting since other games didn't seem tk have this problem.
Might be a center channel issue somewhere, try the console in STEREO mode and see if its the same.

Just a reminder that $85.50 is less money than $90, for those who care.
Don't you need a Red Card for that? It's like saying it's $85.50 at Amazon if you use their rewards card.

I also save my hard pulls for better cards since I don't shop enough at Target to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you need a Red Card for that? It's like saying it's $85.50 at Amazon if you use their rewards card.

I also save my hard pulls for better cards since I don't shop enough at Target to make it worthwhile.
Nope not the same thing. Amazon rewards card only gets 3% cash back in points not 5% off. 5% if a prime member. 5% only works on Amazon sold stuff iirc.

It also doesn't require a credit card like Amazon since you can get the debit card one tied to your bank account.

So yeah to me it sounds like target and the other one for 15% off are the best options.

Nope not the same thing. Amazon rewards card only gets 3% cash back in points not 5% off. 5% if a prime member. 5% only works on Amazon sold stuff iirc.

It also doesn't require a credit card like Amazon since you can get the debit card one tied to your bank account.

So yeah to me it sounds like target and the other one for 15% off are the best options.
5% works for anything sold through Amazon Digital if you're a Prime member with the card, so I always get 5% for PSN cards there.

The Amazon hurdles are definitely higher than the Target ones, though, so I agree that it was a bad comparison for a lot of other people.

5% works for anything sold through Amazon Digital if you're a Prime member with the card, so I always get 5% for PSN cards there.

The Amazon hurdles are definitely higher than the Target ones, though, so I agree that it was a bad comparison for a lot of other people.
I wasn't aware of that so that's good to know.

I was thinking of going into a year of PS Now. What's my target price to look out for? It looks like a year is $60 everywhere and a key can be had on CD Keys for about $48. I'm not in a rush if it goes lower than this, so how low does a year of PS Now go?

Not a current deal (and not to rub it in anyone's face), but my $29 copy of Tsushima DC arrived today! Dell shipped it before the cancellation emails went out. I kept waiting for them to recall the package or something, but it made it across the country and into my hands. Sometimes you get lucky.

I was thinking of going into a year of PS Now. What's my target price to look out for? It looks like a year is $60 everywhere and a key can be had on CD Keys for about $48. I'm not in a rush if it goes lower than this, so how low does a year of PS Now go?
I picked it up for $42 from Amazon about a year ago when they were running a special, but I don't remember it going down to that price again afterward. $48 is a good price IMO.

Not a current deal (and not to rub it in anyone's face), but my $29 copy of Tsushima DC arrived today! Dell shipped it before the cancellation emails went out. I kept waiting for them to recall the package or something, but it made it across the country and into my hands. Sometimes you get lucky.
Congrats.

You are the reason why us CAGs can continue to dream lol. Congrats

If you don't mind creating another account in Europe or UK region, PS Now goes as low as $30/year like it did last month. I was happy to jump in then, though the catalog isn't exactly the same. But the nice thing is that PS Now games don't require PS+ to play online, so you're not limited in features by making a brand new account.

All I wanted for Christmas was a sale on Chicory.

Looks like that probably won't happen since it was not included in the end of the year sale.

I think that's the issue with most DLC. After a bit I'm like I'm a bit tired of this game even if I liked the game. After a while I may want to go back, but most often I'm moving on to other games unless I love loved the game.

All I wanted for Christmas was a sale on Chicory.

Looks like that probably won't happen since it was not included in the end of the year sale.
There will still be other sales going on during the month. There should be one for The Game Awards.

Seems like the PS+ rumors for December are getting more official. I open LEGO DC, but really happy about Godfall and Mortal Shell!

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1466022157230788611?s=21

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1466086064586641409

It's weird to not want to give people the campaign, so Gearbox made this specific version with just endgame content. I don't know if that's an indictment on the campaign or a weird attempt at getting more money out of a game that isn't full of microtransactions. The couple of hours I played of the game was not very interesting to get me to play more of it. You're better off playing something like Warframe for more interesting action and loot stuff to it.

Seems like the PS+ rumors for December are getting more official. I open LEGO DC, but really happy about Godfall and Mortal Shell!

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1466022157230788611?s=21
Don't be - Godfall is a glorified demo, apparently. Its just a few modes, not the full game.

What the hell is up with Godfall? This just seems like a terrible idea. The game already has a bad reputation. Now they're just bait and switching on the game and including a demo as a ps+ release. This surely isn't going to gain them any favor.

They should have just made the Godfall thing like a PS+ benefit and not announced it as part of the monthly games. Pretty bad look IMO.

Wait, what? The godfall included is just the post game stuff? Wasn't that somehow the worst part?
No, the campaign is tedious and boring since it's just slowly improving combat with no good story to push you through it. The endgame stuff is supposed to be the best part, but nobody sees it because you have to play through the campaign first and that's a talk ask for people.

I don't know that this is the best way to handle that instead of offering both the campaign and a means for creating an endgame-ready character to just jump to that content for PS+. Instead, they're treating it like the campaign is some precious thing you definitely need to pay for while making this version that suggests you definitely shouldn't unless you're that kind of person.

No, the campaign is tedious and boring since it's just slowly improving combat with no good story to push you through it. The endgame stuff is supposed to be the best part, but nobody sees it because you have to play through the campaign first and that's a talk ask for people.

I don't know that this is the best way to handle that instead of offering both the campaign and a means for creating an endgame-ready character to just jump to that content for PS+. Instead, they're treating it like the campaign is some precious thing you definitely need to pay for while making this version that suggests you definitely shouldn't unless you're that kind of person.
I admittedly have not kept up with godfall, but I feel like I remember reviews saying the endgame was very shallow, but I'm guessing it has been built upon over the last year. I'm a little confused what happens if you decide to buy the base game after playing this. Do you just have a max level character starting the campaign? This is definitely a strange way of handling this.

I admittedly have not kept up with godfall, but I feel like I remember reviews saying the endgame was very shallow, but I'm guessing it has been built upon over the last year. I'm a little confused what happens if you decide to buy the base game after playing this. Do you just have a max level character starting the campaign? This is definitely a strange way of handling this.
I think you'd just start a new character for the campaign. The base game also gets the option to play the campaign or skip to the endgame content, so they're just being precious about wanting people to pay for a campaign they're encouraging people to skip.

I've only played a brief portion of the Godfall campaign but I enjoyed it. My main complaint is the some of levels seem too long and the quest design is bland. I enjoyed the combat and the different weapon types and armor unlocks. The bosses I fought were really neat. I do like the character designs.  I was hoping they would be giving the actual game with PS Plus so I could try some campaign multiplayer with friends. A few of my friends said they would give it a go with plus but i doubt they will even bother now.

They could have given away the base game and then maybe sold some of the DLC and increased the player base.

I don't think this is going to help sell the base game and DLC to anyone which is what it looks like they are trying to accomplish with this offering.

I hate being boosted to max level in a loot-based game. It makes sense to get players up to a point where they can play the higher content, but you’re missing out on how the game plays, building your character, etc. It just feels cheap.

I was looking forward to Godfall and now not as much. I wish they had the boost a choice instead of it just being this version. Also I guess this version may work with the expansion that came out around the PS4 release? This is just poop IMHO and the equivalent of that one bundled game (forget now) having a basic version available Humble bundled, but there was only a complete version available at the time.

I enjoyed what I played of Godfall too. So I’m sorry, there’s no misinterpretation of this other than it being a gimped version. I mean they’re even saying if you like it, you can upgrade.

That and no free upgrade for Mortal Shell basically means there is no actual PS5 game this month.

As someone who actually did do everything in Godfall (before the expansion, haven't bought it yet) this is weird. Because yes, the actual story is very boring and it's one of those games where it doesn't feel like the game begins until endgame. But what makes it weird is that it's not like you're not going to be doing the story content. Dreamstones (one of the included endgame activities) is literally just a high/max level version of the story missions, just without the actual story. You play through every single mission but there are modifiers and such to shake up the experience each run, if you've played any loot game ever you know exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about.

So content-wise you appear to be getting the full game with all the levels and bosses and such, you're just not getting all the cutscenes and dialogue.

I don't get it. Usually when a game gets chopped up they give you the boring intro stuff and ask you to pay for the rest, not the complete opposite of that.

bread's done
Back