Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
My wife is pretty terrible at games, but I've gotten her into some stuff like overcooked and animal crossing. This looks like it might be a little bit too challenging for her. Might give it a shot though as it looks great.
There are some platforming and aiming/shooting mechanics, but I don't remember anything being too advanced. Worst case if she can't play you can go online and play with others. But I think the game works best playing with your significant other sitting next to you on the couch because of the narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
So more info about QD Star Wars from a leaker. Notice the date of his tweet.
https://twitter.com/AccNgt/status/1466028786030362624
https://twitter.com/AccNgt/status/1466028791772418057
https://twitter.com/AccNgt/status/1466028796369330176

is alan wake worth it for 20?

never played it before but it gives off that feeling that it will be a ps+ title in a bit

is alan wake worth it for 20?

never played it before but it gives off that feeling that it will be a ps+ title in a bit
The game itself yes, it's worth imo. Great game with a great narrative, it's one of my underrated favorites from last gen. However as to this port of it I can't say as I've heard some buggy things about it. Whether true or not I cannot verify as I haven't tried out the copy I've picked up from BF. If it wasn't for that I say to definately pick it up without any hesitation. As for it eventually being a ps+ game, yeah your not the only one I definately except that somewhere down the line.

I’m halfway through original Alan wake on 360 via BC on Xbox series x. It sounds like remaster is a decent gloss up but not worth a replay just for upres and improved textures

Support studio that worked on God of War and is working on Ragnarok.

https://twitter.com/hermenhulst/status/1469367512823435268

I’m halfway through original Alan wake on 360 via BC on Xbox series x. It sounds like remaster is a decent gloss up but not worth a replay just for upres and improved textures
They also removed a bunch of the extremely jarring product placement & ads in the remaster, which makes it the far superior version imo.

Pfft like they'd ever blow that kind of dosh. Now tecmo koei maybe. But given that atelier is a bigger selling series now they'd be a little bit expensive to get.

Sony acquisitions are so damn boring, geez. It's always some developer that's practically a Sony studio already anyway, and it's usually one no one has heard of. They need to pull a Microsoft and blow everyone's mind with an acquisition. Square Enix or Sega maybe.
Basically just playing defense with the acquisitions

I was playing Spider-man remastered and then played Marvel Puzzle Quest and when I went back to Spider-man, it took me back to the menu. I found out that PS5 only has one game open at a time. Series X can have multiple games open with quick resume and I just figured this was a default feature for both next gen systems. Very disappointing that Sony didn't include it. What is the reason? Can they update this with a patch? My Switch only allows one game open at a time and PS5 is more powerful so I don't understand why PS5 doesn't have quick resume like Series X. Major win for MS IMO. If you have a Series X, you know how awesome it is. PS5 only owners are missing out. What's Sony reason?

I was playing Spider-man remastered and then played Marvel Puzzle Quest and when I went back to Spider-man, it took me back to the menu. I found out that PS5 only has one game open at a time. Series X can have multiple games open with quick resume and I just figured this was a default feature for both next gen systems. Very disappointing that Sony didn't include it. What is the reason? Can they update this with a patch? My Switch only allows one game open at a time and PS5 is more powerful so I don't understand why PS5 doesn't have quick resume like Series X. Major win for MS IMO. If you have a Series X, you know how awesome it is. PS5 only owners are missing out. What's Sony reason?
Here we go again

I also had thought the ps5 was supposed to be able to keep multiple games running for a quick-resume type feature. I’m not sure where I got that from, but I was really surprised (and disappointed) to find out I was wrong

What's Sony reason?
I'd imagine their data suggests that people don't play multiple games in a single session that often. Or they usually play one game at a time. Or they just don't care. I couldn't care less about that feature, but you clearly have a vendetta against Sony now. So, I understand why you are frustrated with it.

Here we go again
giphy.gif

You're such a drama queen.... :roll:

Ha. It's just an observation I made after playing Series X exclusively the last couple of months. Now I have some cool first party PlayStation 5 titles so I've been using it more. No need to get defensive geez. I legitimately thought this was just a default function of the next-gen consoles. I was wrong but that doesn't mean it's not a really cool feature that the Series X has.

Ha. It's just an observation I made after playing Series X exclusively the last couple of months. Now I have some cool first party PlayStation 5 titles so I've been using it more. No need to get defensive geez. I legitimately thought this was just a default function of the next-gen consoles. I was wrong but that doesn't mean it's not a really cool feature that the Series X has.
Hey. Just letting you know that, this is a good community here dedicated to PlayStation deals for the platform.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but lately it would seem like you are only posting in here when you want to say something negative about your PS5 or a feature that you believe is missing from the platform.

It is clearly your right to do that, but you should understand that when those are the primary messages that you post in the thread, people may get annoyed by you doing that. We all know that the PS5 isn't a perfect system (folders anyone?) but that's not really what we're trying to accomplish here.

Thanks for adding to the conversation.

The PS5 loads games so quickly who actually gives a fuck? Even Returnal has a save function now for runs so I don't really see the point in needing to have two games open at once. Never done it on my series X.

The PS5 loads games so quickly who actually gives a fuck? Even Returnal has a save function now for runs so I don't really see the point in needing to have two games open at once. Never done it on my series X.
That's an interesting point. Never in my life have I had a system that can do that, so while it's an interesting addition for the Series X, I just don't know when I would ever use it.

Heck, I lived my whole life swapping cartridges and then CD/DVD's when I want to play another game. When I'm in a mood to play a game, I'm usually not in the mood to play 2 or more games in a short period of time.

Maybe as digital titles rule the day, that might be more of a thing, but for now.. meh.

Most people who have used Quick Resume would say it’s actually a pretty great feature, though it’s not perfect. I enjoy my PS5 as well, but I’ve been switching between AC Valhalla, Spider-Man Remastered, and Tiny Tina…jumping straight back into those would be cool.

I think it’s okay to want more from these companies - Freeze Time could probably phrase it differently or allow past conversations to settle some before starting a new one with a downer tone.

I'm one who focuses on one or 2 games at a time over multiple consoles so I rarely need quick resume, though it helps with rewards quests on Xbox.  But I play Fall Guys all the time for a quick in between or warm up to get into game mode and would love it to quick resume when I jump in after playing another title.  Fall Guys loads pretty quick anyway, but it is still 15-20 seconds where quick resume would be near instant.  It is very noticeably missing especially if you have ever experienced it.

On another topic, a weird bug I'm running into is I have the PS4 version of Sackboy on disk, but you get the PS5 version for free.  I installed the PS5 version and deleted the PS4 version, but every time I power on with the disk in it reinstalls the PS4 version.  I just gave up and leave it on there.

I rarely use quick resume on my series x because if it’s an online game, it loses connection and usually needs to be relaunched to fix the connection. Also, some games still record suspended time as game time. Which isn’t a big deal for some people, but I like to keep track of how much time I’ve sunk or how much is left if I’m starting to lose interest and want to power through it.

I rarely use quick resume on my series x because if it’s an online game, it loses connection and usually needs to be relaunched to fix the connection. Also, some games still record suspended time as game time. Which isn’t a big deal for some people, but I like to keep track of how much time I’ve sunk or how much is left if I’m starting to lose interest and want to power through it.
Yeah online games is where it fails. I’ve noticed it the most with Halo Infinite PVP, where I have to close the game each time in order for it to establish a connection again.

Quick resume is sweet because I can use it to swap between Halo MCC and Halo Infinite for when I get sick of Halo and want to switch to some Halo instead

PS5 doesn't need it because I'm pretty sure it only plays Destiny 2

I might be crazy, but I remember the original being way harder than the remaster was. I was swimming in flare gun ammo all throughout the remaster on Nightmare, and I never felt ammo deprived, unlike the original where I was bee-lining it to the next light source all the time. On Nightmare on the remaster I just killed everything.

I was following along with an old guide for chest collectibles, too, and I was getting way more ammo on Nightmare than what was listed in that guide for Normal.

I loved my time with the remaster, but I also love this game and it might just be nostalgia talking. It's one of the few 360 games I've kept - that collector's edition that looks like a novel. So good.

Maybe it’s just me, but I see Wildlands for sale for 12.49 for the PS4.  However, when I click on the link I am told that the product is unavailable. 

I might be crazy, but I remember the original being way harder than the remaster was. I was swimming in flare gun ammo all throughout the remaster on Nightmare, and I never felt ammo deprived, unlike the original where I was bee-lining it to the next light source all the time. On Nightmare on the remaster I just killed everything.

I was following along with an old guide for chest collectibles, too, and I was getting way more ammo on Nightmare than what was listed in that guide for Normal.

I loved my time with the remaster, but I also love this game and it might just be nostalgia talking. It's one of the few 360 games I've kept - that collector's edition that looks like a novel. So good.
I had the same feeling playing through it, seemed easier and 'smaller' than I remembered, but still very much enjoyed playing it again.
I think it's a combination of nostalgia/time-worn remembering, and the fact that the first time through you didn't know where anything was, or what might jump out at you at any time.
Like, even if you don't remember all the details, you probably had moments where you went "oh yeah, I remember this, this/that happens" and you prep for it subconsciously.
At least that's what I feel like, YMMV

On another topic, a weird bug I'm running into is I have the PS4 version of Sackboy on disk, but you get the PS5 version for free. I installed the PS5 version and deleted the PS4 version, but every time I power on with the disk in it reinstalls the PS4 version. I just gave up and leave it on there.
I had the same issue with Tales of Arise, got in to the habit of pausing and deleting as soon as I logged in.
In hindsight, your way of doing it would have been less hassle :razz:
It never messed with the PS5 version or my save files, so I never looked in to it too deeply.

Hey. Just letting you know that, this is a good community here dedicated to PlayStation deals for the platform.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but lately it would seem like you are only posting in here when you want to say something negative about your PS5 or a feature that you believe is missing from the platform.

It is clearly your right to do that, but you should understand that when those are the primary messages that you post in the thread, people may get annoyed by you doing that. We all know that the PS5 isn't a perfect system (folders anyone?) but that's not really what we're trying to accomplish here.

Thanks for adding to the conversation.
Thumbs up for this post. It's always good to give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume there's negative intent behind a comment that could be interpreted as such. Reminds me of years ago when I noted that 3DS eshop games tended to be original whereas console ones are typically ports from other platforms, and I got called a Nintendo fan boy and troll.

bread's done
Back