Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
anyone have opinions / played thru Kena?  wondering if I should get it since it's pretty cheap on PSN sale

or wait for the physical to get to a lower price. probably won't play it immediately

anyone have opinions / played thru Kena? wondering if I should get it since it's pretty cheap on PSN sale

or wait for the physical to get to a lower price. probably won't play it immediately
I freaking loved it. I actually had more fun on my second playthrough (hardest difficulty) than my first (regular difficulty).

Just go into it knowing that it's basically a boss fight game. You're going to fight 15 or so different bosses where you have to learn their movesets to beat them (unless you just play on the easiest difficulty, but even then some of them can destroy you if you aren't careful). It's not particularly hard, and most bosses only have 2-4 moves you really have to worry about or watch for. If you can deal with something like the Kingdom Hearts games, you'll be fine.

The story is one you've seen before and isn't the strong point - clear the land of corruption. It's surprisingly rewarding to clear out areas, though, and I never really got tired of it. The strengths of the game are the boss fights and the sheer beauty of the world and the art style. Exploration is pretty fun as well as you look for the rots everywhere, and each of Kena's movesets that she unlocks are super fun to play with.

It's also pretty short if that matters to you, so that might make you want to wait on a sale. It also seems like the kind of game we'll get on PS+ in a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I have been playing my Cyberpunk disc on Series X and it quick resumes when I go to play it.
Hm how does it work? Let’s say I have 2 physical games downloaded, I can switch from one of those games to the other without removing the first game disc and without having to instert the 2nd game disc? If that’s the case, that’s nice

Hm how does it work? Let’s say I have 2 physical games downloaded, I can switch from one of those games to the other without removing the first game disc and without having to instert the 2nd game disc? If that’s the case, that’s nice
No. You would need to put in the disc. The Series X can have multiple games open at once so one physical and the rest digital. I think it's 6 but I haven't tried that many. It works fine with me when I am playing 3 or 4. Switch inbetween games without having to load them up from the beginning to the main menu and choosing your game to continue etc. You can also unplug the power to the Series X and it saves all the games in quick resume when you plug it back in.

Complaining about the upgrade cost for games makes no sense to me in all honesty.

Its like you buy a 2020 model of a car, and the 2021 model comes out with an upgraded stereo standard. Doesn't mean the company who made the car needs to upgrade your stereo for free.

And if we all remember, when the PS4 launched, games that were on both the PS3 and PS4 did not get free upgrades.
I think I speak for all when I say anyone that bought Skyrim on PS3 should definitely have qualified for a free upgrade.

I don't know about Europe but "games don't sell on Xbox because of GamePass" is false in the US. My store sold 50 copies of Halo Infinite yesterday and can't keep Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator in stock at full price despite all 3 being heavily advertised as Day 1 GamePass games.
Game Pass got a sale from me on the $45 upgrade for FH5, a game that wasn't even going to be a sale from me otherwise because I wasn't interested. Their Trojan horse strategy is stronk.

Quantic Dream sort of muted my excitement a bit. It certainly looks cool though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Same response, however now that details are coming out it looks to be a non-traditional QD game. I was in the same boat of if this game is going to be a conversation wheel fidget spinner experience, then I'm out. Now I have one eye open.

I might go with the red, already have both the black and red dualsense. Wish they had a darker blue, even though the purple kind of looks blue. Wonder if they will do custom sets for Horizon, Gran Turismo, and Ragnarok.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Those new colors are... terrible. I just want a colors that's not white, black, or "cosmic bright"
Would mud brown work for you then? Bold colors seemed to be the obvious choice here to really make the new plates stand out. I'm curious if they will just slap these plates on systems and sell them as limited edition consoles.

I already have two controllers but that Galactic Purple Controller and face plates are really nice. I will probably pick them up in the future.

AC Valhalla and Odyssey are getting a free updates tomorrow to add some crossover story stuff with Kassandra/Alexios in AC Valhalla and Eivor in AC Odyssey.

There's also a big $39.99 expansion for AC Valhalla called Dawn of Ragnarok that will be out 3/10/22.

$55 for a new cover for my PS5? HA! As if!

Proceeds to order a new black cover. And now I need a new black controller to go with it. Dammit, this site is supposed to SAVE me money.

$55 for a new cover for my PS5? HA! As if!

Proceeds to order a new black cover. And now I need a new black controller to go with it. Dammit, this site is supposed to SAVE me money.
I've had Darkplates for a while and upgraded my white dualshock to a black one when Gamestop had the ridiculous trade in values. All murdered out, just the way I prefer now.

The purple controller is calling my name though.

I've had Darkplates for a while and upgraded my white dualshock to a black one when Gamestop had the ridiculous trade in values. All murdered out, just the way I prefer now.

The purple controller is calling my name though.
Purple controller is calling out to me as well. Agree with the black plates as well.

I feel the PS5 is one ugly design, but now I can get a design in colors I could want. I kind of like the pink just because of how much it stands out. I'd likely go for the purple controller/plates combo though. Just not a fan of the blue color. Would have loved metallic blue or Uncharted blue.

I feel the PS5 is one ugly design, but now I can get a design in colors I could want. I kind of like the pink just because of how much it stands out. I'd likely go for the purple controller/plates combo though. Just not a fan of the blue color. Would have loved metallic blue or Uncharted blue.
I want black for the opposite reason. I want it to blend into the black TV stand I have it in. I do not want to see it.

Scored a PS5 from Walmart.com today. Glad I ended up just flipping the one I got from PS Direct last year, the wait was totally worth it in hindsight. Excited to sell my Pro and join the cool kids' club.

Bought a game from Playstation Direct and received the $5 off another order promo in the package. Tried using it, and it constantly says "Promo code not valid" despite being typed exactly as shown into the "PROMO CODE" box.

Totally amazed that Sony has such difficulty making websites. They all suck so much.

I may be in the minority but I think the black/white PS5 color combo looks better than these pastels. I am more interested in getting a better looking 2nd controller distinguishable from the base one though.

I really take issue with that tweet.  The PS5 and Series X have been out over a year now.  It should read:

"- Added previous gen to current gen save data transfer for PlayStation and Xbox."

I really take issue with that tweet. The PS5 and Series X have been out over a year now. It should read:

"- Added previous gen to current gen save data transfer for PlayStation and Xbox."
All of the fucking asshats are scalping the low availability current gen systems, which means that PS5 and X1S aren't considered current gen by most people. People not scalping consoles for twice the price on ebay would help get more of these into player hands, then your statement would make more sense to people reading it.

All of the fucking asshats are scalping the low availability current gen systems, which means that PS5 and X1S aren't considered current gen by most people. People not scalping consoles for twice the price on ebay would help get more of these into player hands, then your statement would make more sense to people reading it.
This makes zero sense. The Switch was being scalped when it was in short supply last year so was it not current gen? And people are buying every PS5 and Series console made regardless of who it’s from.

bread's done
Back