Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I was playing Spider-man remastered and then played Marvel Puzzle Quest and when I went back to Spider-man, it took me back to the menu. I found out that PS5 only has one game open at a time. Series X can have multiple games open with quick resume and I just figured this was a default feature for both next gen systems. Very disappointing that Sony didn't include it. What is the reason? Can they update this with a patch? My Switch only allows one game open at a time and PS5 is more powerful so I don't understand why PS5 doesn't have quick resume like Series X. Major win for MS IMO. If you have a Series X, you know how awesome it is. PS5 only owners are missing out. What's Sony reason?
So when you opened the second game and told you it was closing the first you were just like, that doesn’t apply to me? fucking moron.

I have a feeling that this thread is going to possibly get more lively in the next few hours....lol
I don't understand why people come to the psn thread to talk about what they love about xbox. everyone says the xbox thread is so much calmer, but I don't see people spouting off about sony in that thread. quick resume is good sometimes, but it is not a game changer by any means. it slows your download speeds, some games continue to accumulate play time, if you care about stats like that. and on top of that, at least half of the games have some kind of problem when you resume them. any kind of game requiring a constant internet connection has to be reloaded and anything that checks the internet will error out. so instead of just opening a game, you have to close and then reopen.

I don't understand why people come to the psn thread to talk about what they love about xbox. everyone says the xbox thread is so much calmer, but I don't see people spouting off about sony in that thread. quick resume is good sometimes, but it is not a game changer by any means. it slows your download speeds, some games continue to accumulate play time, if you care about stats like that. and on top of that, at least half of the games have some kind of problem when you resume them. any kind of game requiring a constant internet connection has to be reloaded and anything that checks the internet will error out. so instead of just opening a game, you have to close and then reopen.
I just come here for sales and to get the heads up on cheap games. Personally, that dude seems to come over in this thread and complain about PS5 non stop. Just sell it and play Xbox if there are so many issues with it.

On a side note, the PS5 launches games so fast, quick resume makes no difference to me.

I was playing my disc version of Scarlet Nexus and then I wanted to play my disc version of Watchdogs and I had to get up, remove the disc and THEN put in a new disc.

Ridiculous.  My 2002 Camry has a 6 disc changer.  This technology is almost 20 years old.

I was playing my disc version of Scarlet Nexus and then I wanted to play my disc version of Watchdogs and I had to get up, remove the disc and THEN put in a new disc.
Ridiculous. My 2002 Camry has a 6 disc changer. This technology is almost 20 years old.

Lol

I just come here for sales and to get the heads up on cheap games. Personally, that dude seems to come over in this thread and complain about PS5 non stop. Just sell it and play Xbox if there are so many issues with it.

On a side note, the PS5 launches games so fast, quick resume makes no difference to me.
I tried to take things down a notch here and it settled down for a bit. Hopefully things continue in that fashion.

Honestly, I just created the thread, but I do feel some sort of ownership here because of that.

Again, hopefully the back and forth stops again. Each platform has it's good and bad things. I just want to talk games and deals as well.

I was playing my disc version of Scarlet Nexus and then I wanted to play my disc version of Watchdogs and I had to get up, remove the disc and THEN put in a new disc.
Ridiculous. My 2002 Camry has a 6 disc changer. This technology is almost 20 years old.
Serious comment on that you would think systems at least for cart based ones could hold more than 1 at a time. I mean look at the DS lite. It could play gba and ds titles.

My OCD would be flipping out if I was playing one game and knew I had another game running in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruh that's why I prefer digital. I'm just gonna get digital for some games like SR3 or something. I think ps2 had 6 disc changer but was modded in.

My only big complaint about the PS5 is that I have to switch discs BUT THAT IS ON ME.

I could buy more games digital and not have to worry and complain and complain.

I specifially buy certain games as digital for the convenience of being able to start fast and play briefly.

I know the limitations and don't flip out about what I have to do.  

On a fun note, my Atari 800 which I probably got Xmas 1982 had 48K of memory and TWO cartridge slots!

I think I kept the BASIC programming cart in one of the slots all the time and switched out the games.

What nice memories.

I wish Gran Turismo would make a Forza Horizon style game that is more accessible to casual racing game fans like myself.
I actually found that once GT Sport was all updated, that it was fun enough for me to get into. Having said that, I do have a wheel, but like to play it with a controller as well.

I wish Gran Turismo would make a Forza Horizon style game that is more accessible to casual racing game fans like myself.
Crazy thought. I think Driveclub may have been the closest thing to Forza Horizon on PS. I know it was a different developer and all, it just has that casual feel going for it. At least to me it does.

Plus I don’t know that most GT diehards would appreciate a more casual/arcade version of the game. I also feel like Polyphony Digital wouldn’t go for the idea if someone at Sony/PS pitched it.

$54.99 a set…that’s expensive.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1470379788816760836?s=21
They have certainly adopted a "create the issue, then sell you the solution" MO. I've also just hidden it from view, which is ironic because it hasn't been played in months either.

Scored a PS5 from Walmart.com today. Glad I ended up just flipping the one I got from PS Direct last year, the wait was totally worth it in hindsight. Excited to sell my Pro and join the cool kids' club.
I mean, it's going for over a grand again (and people didn't believe me when I called it months ago lol. . .) so could have enjoyed it for a year and still made the cash anyway. Then again, other than Demon's Souls they haven't had anything of substance. Guess it's all a wash in the end. :whistle2:?

Pretty sure you said that you are going to get rid of your PS5 for $1500 this holiday, in fact you been posting that you are looking to get rid of it for almost a year yet you still have it.

Pretty sure you said that you are going to get rid of your PS5 for $1500 this holiday, in fact you been posting that you are looking to get rid of it for almost a year yet you still have it.
$1200, and yes still have it and a Switch we never use either. Pandemic and working from home has been good to us, so not hurting for the scratch is why. I guess you could say I can't really justify it either way, selling vs keeping; limbo.

Same brain. I realized that it wasn't just Game Pass making it an easy sell for people to try out, but it's retaining players for what you pointed out. Neither game out of the box would have been on my radar, but given a chance to play both for "free" I'm 110% positive FH5 would have retained my attention since I'm not deeply into racing games at all.

1. I can't believe a new Gran Turismo game is actually coming out in less than 3 months. I realize there's time to delay it again.

2. "GT Horizon" is a fun idea.

3. Indiana Jones tables might be a day one buy, which would be a first for pinball tables.

$1200, and yes still have it and a Switch we never use either. Pandemic and working from home has been good to us, so not hurting for the scratch is why. I guess you could say I can't really justify it either way, selling vs keeping; limbo.
Haven't touched my PS5 since finishing Demon's Souls last year and we're almost into August. Any games, Sony?

If this isn't in ample supply by around Christmas time, mine is going up on ebay when it peaks for $1500.
Nope, you said $1500 for your used PS5 but you do whatever you want.

I mean, it's going for over a grand again (and people didn't believe me when I called it months ago lol. . .) so could have enjoyed it for a year and still made the cash anyway. Then again, other than Demon's Souls they haven't had anything of substance. Guess it's all a wash in the end. :whistle2:?
Where do you live that they are selling for over a grand? Its about 700 in the areas I am around

Wow can't believe it, my DS4 was DEAD and completely uncharged after not using it for a couple months. Meanwhile my AA batteries in my Series S controller are still going strong despite not using them for a full year.

People really gonna act like AA controllers aren't the future. PS6 better step it up.

Wow can't believe it, my DS4 was DEAD and completely uncharged after not using it for a couple months. Meanwhile my AA batteries in my Series S controller are still going strong despite not using them for a full year.

People really gonna act like AA controllers aren't the future. PS6 better step it up.
I hate to agree with you, but this is my main issue with PS5. Built in batteries that die in a few hours. My eneloops out perform that battery and when they do die I just swap in charged ones. Twenty years from my my Xbox controllers will still be usable without being tethered to your console with a charging cable.

Yeah, I hate the built in rechargeable batteries for Sony systems. I have no idea if my ps3 controllers can still hold a charge.

My PS3 controllers also do. And it's not like it doesn't work in wired mode.

Pro controller on the other hand, that thing dies if you don't it for like a week.

​If I take my fully-charged 3DS into work on a Friday and play it for a half-hour on my lunch, and then don't play it at all throughout the weekend, I still better keep it damn well plugged in during that time because if I don't, the battery will be dead come Monday.

​If I take my fully-charged 3DS into work on a Friday and play it for a half-hour on my lunch, and then don't play it at all throughout the weekend, I still better keep it damn well plugged in during that time because if I don't, the battery will be dead come Monday.
Do you turn the power off? My 3DS battery lasts so long when it's powered off.

Yeah, my PSP and DS Lite can stay in sleep mode basically indefinitely. My launch 3DS lasts maybe eight hours from full with all the wireless stuff turned off.

I guess I've been lucky. All my internal battery devices still work. The DS3 does need to be charged if it hasn't been used in awhile but it still works fine. My New 3DS XL charges fine and keeps a charge even in sleep mode but if I don't use it for like 6 months when completely off, the battery will need to be recharged. I have rechargeable AA batteries that are the same way. Will need to be fully recharged if not used for months.

bread's done
Back