Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anybody play Tails of Iron?

I am at a part that I have to fight TWO enemies at once....literally like the second battle in the first town after I become the sole defender of the rats. I am not good at this game. I am mad that I keep dying. Timing the block or parry or dodge is not a skill I seem to have. People say it's a Souls-type game. There are a lot of save points (so far after nearly every battle) but I've only killed less than a dozen things and have already died twenty or thirty times. IT IS VERY EARLY IN THE GAME.

You can't change the difficulty unless you restart the game. I want to successfully play it since my son specifically researched it and bought it for me for Christmas. Do I try to get good or do I just pick the easy setting and be happy that I played it (assuming I can even handle the easy setting)?
I played it five hours straight a couple nights ago as my first introduction to it. What was super confusing is the way they teach you how to dodge. That is, the dodge mechanic for when it's a red circle and you're supposed to dodge twice according the tutorial. What I found is that it's just a warning about AoE damage from the attack and that all you need to do is dodge away from them the exact same as normal but enough distance to not get hit. Also parry is super forgiving AND can be performed on non-yellow telegraphed moves. Basically you can block everything except red attacks and parry them otherwise.

Only one boss has given me any real trouble so far, but it's because I wasn't recognizing that my window of attack was pre-dodge and I could actually get them into an infinite loop of attack-dodge for the first phase which was surprisingly the most difficult. I'd imagine this game would be very difficult for non-souls veterans, but even then it's on the casual end of that spectrum. I absolutely love it but I've always been a sucker for Redwall, Rats of Nimh, and now Mouse Guard ever since I was a kid. I'm actually taking a break from it because apparently it's very short and I'd just be sad if I beat it in two nights. The Crimson Knight edition skins are slick BTW; love it.

A lot of info about Tails of Iron
Thanks for the info. I've started a new save on easy and it is a ball but I guess TOO easy. Like, I've gotten the trophy for getting 20 Gold which gives you an idea of how many quests I've done and I haven't come anywhere close to dying on easy.

I've never played a Souls game.

I understand the combat now in Tails though from playing and you are right about the game's weird explanation of double dodging.

I still suck at parrying but I can block and then dodge attack.

I will probably go back to the harder save now that I understand what I'm doing.

Any tips on affordable headphones for the PS5? Wireless preferred (are the Puse 3d junk?)..but open to wired.
It's been a minute since they were on clearance, but Walmart had the SteelSeries Arctis 7X for as cheap as $37.25. They are Xbox specific headphones, but they work for PS4/PS5 as well. They are usually $150 and are well worth at even 50% off.

If you are just looking for affordable good headphones to plug into your controller without a mic, I would recommend either the Koss Porta Pro or the Koss KSC75. $35 for the Porta Pros and $25 for the KSC75. Both have a great soundstage and are super affordable. Throw some Yaxi Pads on either for an additional $12 & the soundstage will open even more. I haven't tried them yet but Koss has a Porta Pro model now with a mic for $60 on Amazon as well.

Thanks everyone on the headset recs. Definitely will check my local Wally for the Arctis 7x despite unreliable Brickseek showing no stores in area for it.

I'm sitting on some PS4 Pro tic at GS so thinking that might be an option although the cheap ass part of me does want to go with the lowest price on an item. 😆

Fwiw I'm not sure my ears can tell that much difference between cheaper sets and the more professional audiophile ones. Never had an ear for music (explains why I still love punk and metal 😄).

Also I've really never used headsets for my consoles so I didn't know where to start. Lots of good info now though. Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone on the headset recs. Definitely will check my local Wally for the Arctis 7x despite unreliable Brickseek showing no stores in area for it.

I'm sitting on some PS4 Pro tic at GS so thinking that might be an option although the cheap ass part of me does want to go with the lowest price on an item. 😆

Fwiw I'm not sure my ears can tell that much difference between cheaper sets and the more professional audiophile ones. Never had an ear for music (explains why I still love punk and metal 😄).

Also I've really never used headsets for my consoles so I didn't know where to start. Lots of good info now though. Thx!
I am definitely no audiophile, I can't tell much of a difference between various headsets I've used in my life. But what I can tell is comfort, and the Arctis 7x are the most comfortable set I've used. I've used all the first party PlayStation ones, Astros, and they don't come close to his the 7x feels.

Had several Steelseries headsets and hated them. Super uncomfortable. But I’ve heard the opposites before from others. Guess your mileage may vary lol

I got an Arctis 9x for Christmas and despite being very user-friendly to connect on Xbox (didn't try with the PS5 so no idea there), the sound would cut out every few seconds. No matter what I tried via their support pages or recommendations online, it only made the issue worse to the point I gave up and returned it. I was already somewhat wary given many people complained the hinge would break quite easily with a ton of pictures online of the exact same problem. I would check out the 7x to see if somehow the experience would be different, but one of the selling points was having simultaneous BT for your phone so I could listen to youtube, music, or w/e while gaming.

I've never been a fan of Steelseries so this was the nail in the coffin for them.

Any recommendations for FIST Forged In Shadow Torch? I may pick it up in the sale since it seems more niche and something I may like.
Thought it was a solid metroidvania. Has a few graphical issues and pop-in at times. I imported it for a physical copy just because it is a metroidvania.

I got an Arctis 9x for Christmas and despite being very user-friendly to connect on Xbox (didn't try with the PS5 so no idea there), the sound would cut out every few seconds. No matter what I tried via their support pages or recommendations online, it only made the issue worse to the point I gave up and returned it. I was already somewhat wary given many people complained the hinge would break quite easily with a ton of pictures online of the exact same problem. I would check out the 7x to see if somehow the experience would be different, but one of the selling points was having simultaneous BT for your phone so I could listen to youtube, music, or w/e while gaming.

I've never been a fan of Steelseries so this was the nail in the coffin for them.
Interesting. I used to have a Sony Gold Wireless Headset for my PS4 that was constantly losing connection. There might be good days when it rarely every disconnected, but some days it could be anywhere between every two minutes to every hour or so. It drove me up a wall. Then it physically broke and I had to replace it, so I bought the Arctis 7P for the PS5. Never had a single time when I lost connection or had the audio cut out.

Interesting. I used to have a Sony Gold Wireless Headset for my PS4 that was constantly losing connection. There might be good days when it rarely every disconnected, but some days it could be anywhere between every two minutes to every hour or so. It drove me up a wall. Then it physically broke and I had to replace it, so I bought the Arctis 7P for the PS5. Never had a single time when I lost connection or had the audio cut out.
My PS3 Sony Headset is still going strong, I thought it was dead the other day since my computer or PS5 wasn't charging it all of a sudden but I used a wall outlet and it was charging just fine. Needless to say I bought the PS5 Pulse Headset off Craigslist new for $60 just incase.

I have two Sony Gold headsets. One is the Uncharted Limited and the other the 500 LE. I use the Uncharted with my vita, ps3, and PS4, and the 500 is primarily used with VR. Never had any issues with either.

Deep Rock Galactic is gonna be a fucking banger I feel on PS5, based on all the other platform reviews I have seen.
I checked it out on the cloud via Game Pass this weekend and couldn't get past the tutorial. Got stuck when it told me to collect 20x gold nuggets (literally the third objective in the first minute of gameplay) and no matter what buttons I pressed to try and find a scanner, there was absolutely nothing to help me. I ended up randomly digging for 10 minutes from the small tomb the game started me in and gave up after finding nothing. Pretty sure I could have looked it up online but at that point, is it really worth my time? The answer was no.

The 6xx is my daily set but I don't know if I would recommend it for console gaming?

You can also check out the 559, which are lighter and have lower impedance, for half the price.

58X Jubilee which is in between the 559 and 6xx.

PC38X if you want a mic (I have not used these personally).
This guy knows what he is talking about in reference to headphones. Have the 6XX and just ordered the 58X this past week when it was on sale for $129. If you sign up for new account on mass drop you can get another $10 off, Id recommend the 58X (easier to drive without an amp) if it goes on sale again. Quality will last you years and you can probably resell it at cost or more 10 years from now.

Did anyone get the end of the year game played stats like they did last year yet?
No but Sony did send me an email with the title we noticed you've been a little quiet which is very strange because I've been playing a lot of Spider-Man remastered. I am 90% done with the campaign and have 100% in all of the areas.

I checked it out on the cloud via Game Pass this weekend and couldn't get past the tutorial. Got stuck when it told me to collect 20x gold nuggets (literally the third objective in the first minute of gameplay) and no matter what buttons I pressed to try and find a scanner, there was absolutely nothing to help me. I ended up randomly digging for 10 minutes from the small tomb the game started me in and gave up after finding nothing. Pretty sure I could have looked it up online but at that point, is it really worth my time? The answer was no.
The gold nuggets were literally right where you start lol

Yeah great month for those who don't already own these. Sadly I bought p5 strikers last year during the gamefly sale with the Groupon coupon.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1478538813580316673

The controllers are called Sense Controllers.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1478541932389277700

Building upon our innovations from PS5, PlayStation VR2 adds a true next-gen experience with high-fidelity visuals, new sensory features, and enhanced tracking – along with a simplified single-cord setup.

• Visual Fidelity: For a high-fidelity visual experience, PS VR2 offers 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view, and foveated rendering. With an OLED display, players can expect a display resolution of 2000×2040 per eye and smooth frame rates of 90/120Hz.
  • Headset-based Controller Tracking: With inside-out tracking, PS VR2 tracks you and your controller through integrated cameras embedded in the VR headset. Your movements and the direction you look at are reflected in-game without the need for an external camera.
  • New Sensory Features: PS VR2 Sense Technology combines eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D Audio, and the innovative PS VR2 Sense controller to create an incredibly deep feeling of immersion. Headset feedback is a new sensory feature that amplifies the sensations of in-game actions from the player. It’s created by a single built-in motor with vibrations that add an intelligent tactile element, bringing players closer to the gameplay experience. For example, gamers can feel a character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to the character’s head, or the thrust of a vehicle as the character speeds forward. Additionally, PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech makes sounds in the player’s surroundings come alive, adding to this new level of immersion.
  • Eye Tracking: With eye tracking, PS VR2 detects the motion of your eyes, so a simple look in a specific direction can create an additional input for the game character. This allows players to interact more intuitively in new and lifelike ways, allowing for a heightened emotional response and enhanced expression that provide a new level of realism in gaming.
All of these advancements in PlayStation VR2, combined with the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers from the PS VR2 Sense controllers, enable players to feel and interact with games in a much more visceral way. PS VR2 will also have a simple setup process — with a single cable connected directly to PS5, you can immediately jump into the VR experience.

I wonder how this will stack up against Oculus Quest. It looks like it's more powerful but the quest is $299, wireless and no console needed so it will be interesting to see if Sony can launch it for $399 or cheaper.

Bug Fables is at an all-time low of $12.50. I wish Chicory were on sale, but I may buy that one full price. Thanks for the list Frisky!
You must of missed it because Chicory was on sale recently for $15.99. I think it was part of the game awards sale.
I picked it up during that sale.

Just picked up a PS5 from Best Buy, so I'm back in the family :)

Question about PS5 upgrades... is there a running list somewhere of games with free upgrades to PS5 versions (looking to maybe save a couple bucks by purchasing the PS4 version and then upgrading)?  Or is that not a thing with PS?

bread's done
Back