Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
It’s worked for me every year till this one.
Same here, and I just wasted time going through TWENTY "which mouse can't reach the cheese" captcha things just to get that stupid vague error message. I swear, everything internet related these days just feels like digitally swatting flies, smh.

If it makes you do 20 of the maze mice captchas, just back out or close the tab and open a new one to try to sign in again. That refreshed it for me and then it only made me do 3 of them.

Hoo boy indeed.
Even averaging by 365 days that's still 6 hours per day.
A Platinum every 3 and a half days.

I don't know whether to be impressed, sorry for you or call the FBI to report the weirdest sweat shop ever.
The hours sound about right as I had more time to play last year. Working from home means less time driving back and forth to work, more time on the console. Six hours every weeknight after work and much more on the weekends could be fine.

What doesn't add up (other than 549 days played in one year,) is that it says I played 77 games but earned 100 platinums. That doesn't seem possible. I don't know exactly what days they're counting between, but according to my completed games list for 2021, I only earned 76 platinums in 2021, so that seems more inline with their 77 games played count.

There's no way, because mine's pretty much on rest mode all the time.
Yeah, if rest mode counted, then mine would be much higher as I keep mine in all the time when I'm not playing.

It’s worked for me every year till this one.
This years is different, but yeah the terms show:

Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 or PS5 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Users who have not consented to the collection of “Full Data” from their PlayStation 5 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.

Users located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, and Russia, who have not consented to the collection of “Additional Data” from their PlayStation 4 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.

This years is different, but yeah the terms show:

Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 or PS5 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Users who have not consented to the collection of “Full Data” from their PlayStation 5 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.
Users located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, and Russia, who have not consented to the collection of “Additional Data” from their PlayStation 4 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.
I don’t own a PS5 and I’m not located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, or Russia.

I don’t own a PS5 and I’m not located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, or Russia.
inb4 they'll continue to argue that it's something on your end and not sony's fault because heaven forbid companies make mistakes instead of being infallible.

Nice. That's going to look real nice. I'm tempted by the purple, but the black is probably safer.
I finally put the black case on this morning. Before when it was white I would walk in my room and the huge white PS5 was a giant eye sore. First thing you would see. Now with the black covers it is almost invisible on its shelf. Exactly what I wanted. I do not regret paying $60 for it.

Also if anyone plans to buy that or something else off of Playstation Direct, shoot me a PM and I will give you the $5 off code that came with my covers.

I finally put the black case on this morning. Before when it was white I would walk in my room and the huge white PS5 was a giant eye sore. First thing you would see. Now with the black covers it is almost invisible on its shelf. Exactly what I wanted. I do not regret paying $60 for it.

Also if anyone plans to buy that or something else off of Playstation Direct, shoot me a PM and I will give you the $5 off code that came with my covers.
Nice. Going for the all black set up. Is it your bedroom or man cave? The entertainment center for my modern set up in my game room is already has a few standout colored consoles on it. My silver Reach 360, grey Retron 5, black & red Monster Hunter PS4 pro & white PS5. So I picked up the red covers last night. It pops & adds to the colors of that room.

Nice. Going for the all black set up. Is it your bedroom or man cave? The entertainment center for my modern set up in my game room is already has a few standout colored consoles on it. My silver Reach 360, grey Retron 5, black & red Monster Hunter PS4 pro & white PS5. So I picked up the red covers last night. It pops & adds to the colors of that room.
It is my man cave. I have my black Series X, black external HD for XBox, black Switch, black Logitech hub, black AV receiver, black center speaker all in the TV stand. Now I have a black PS5. The stand itself is also black so it all blends in well.

It is my man cave. I have my black Series X, black external HD for XBox, black Switch, black Logitech hub, black AV receiver, black center speaker all in the TV stand. Now I have a black PS5. The stand itself is also black so it all blends in well.
Well yeah... but is it black?

Sounds slick. I have two set ups in my man cave modern & retro. The modern set up is black 3 tiered stand with the PS5, PS4, PS3, Retron 5, Switch, Series X, 360 & Wii U. The retro set up is a grey two tiered shelf & Grey CRT with the NES, Genesis, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube & Wii. I didn't go for a uniform color scheme. There are so many colors everywhere. It's fun though. Lol!

Sounds slick. I have two set ups in my man cave modern & retro. The modern set up is black 3 tiered stand with the PS5, PS4, PS3, Retron 5, Switch, Series X, 360 & Wii U. The retro set up is a grey two tiered shelf & Grey CRT with the NES, Genesis, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube & Wii. I didn't go for a uniform color scheme. There are so many colors everywhere. It's fun though. Lol!
I realize you have a Retron in the modern setup, but no SNES in that retro set up?

I realize you have a Retron in the modern setup, but no SNES in that retro set up?
Yeah i don't. I never grew up with the SNES. All of my retro consoles are the same ones I've had for decades. My parents got me a Genesis during that era. I do have a small collection of SNES games (less than 10) that I play on my retron. I just started collecting for it last year. There are a lot of great games on it so the plan is to pickup a OEM console at a convention/swap meet this year. It has to be a good deal though. I also want to get another OG Xbox. My original died a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i don't. I never grew up with the SNES. All of my retro consoles are the same ones I've had for decades. My parents got me a Genesis during that era. I do have a small collection of SNES games (less than 10) that I play on my retron. I just started collecting for it last year. There are a lot of great games on it so the plan is to pickup a OEM console at a convention/swap meet this year. It has to be a good deal though. I also want to get another OG Xbox. My original died a few years ago.
Gotcha, yeah the SNES has a ton of great games so definitely worth getting a collection for, especially if you missed some back in the day!

Would love to see pics of this setup

So I knew it was going to be bad, but I was not prepared for these numbers:

25 games / 2 platinums

1. Genshin Impact - 2212 hours

2. Anthem - 52 hours

3. Marvel Avengers - 21 hours

4. Observation - 9 hours

5. Fe - 7 hours

Basically, besides the $1 discount months of PS Now / EA Play where I was forced to blitz through as many games as possible against the clock, the only game I played last year was Genshin.  I think I need to make a change, because I could have played like 100x 20 hour games for the same amount of time spent. 

I still enjoy the game as much as when I started, but I don't know how long this can go on, especially now that I've started buying PS5 games in advance of the actual console.  Am I really going to spend the entire next gen playing only Genshin Impact and nothing else?  Instead of cold turkey, maybe I can just cut down on all farming activities (which would effectively kill my endgame Spiral Abyss progress permanently), and only do dailies/events/exploration.

On the other hand sometimes it's best to drop something when you know you might be spending too much time on it, or addicted, or could be better allocating your time to other games and such. 

mine finally worked too, some how i added 44 of 37 ps plus games. i guess it has something to do with ps4/ps5 versions of the games? i know i claimed both for control and a couple others.

1. Trails of Cold Steel 4 97 hours

2. Civilization 6 82 hours

3. Dragon quest Builders 2 49 hours

4. Jurassic World Evolution 2 32 hours

5. Far Cry 6 31 hours

interesting and depressing that 65% of my play time was with ps4 games..

486 hours

79% of play time was on PS4 games

Played 28 games

1. Warzone -156 hours

2. GT Sport - 50 hours

3. Far Cry 4 - 43 hours

4. Immortals Fenyx Rising - 39 hours

5. Ghost of Tsushima - 35 hours

259 trophies (no platinum)

38 out of 37 PS Plus titles

183 hours (Seems high to me)

8 games

NO ONLINE.  I guess that could be correct seems a bit off.   

92 hours Watch Dogs Legions.  I think stats are messed up since Played some on PS4 and some on PS4.  I really don't think played anywhere near 92 hours.

53 hours FC3 Classic.  Perhaps I left the game running a couple of days instead of putting it to sleep?  Got the Platinum.

33 hours Spider-Man Morales.  Again seems a bit high but I played on both PS4 and PS5 so maybe.   Got the platinum. 

3 hours TC Ghost Breakpoint.  Really wanted to like this game but I don't. 

144 Trophies

mine finally worked too, some how i added 44 of 37 ps plus games. i guess it has something to do with ps4/ps5 versions of the games? i know i claimed both for control and a couple others.

1. Trails of Cold Steel 4 97 hours
2. Civilization 6 82 hours
3. Dragon quest Builders 2 49 hours
4. Jurassic World Evolution 2 32 hours
5. Far Cry 6 31 hours

interesting and depressing that 65% of my play time was with ps4 games..
Maybe. I claimed the same cross plat titles and didn't have that higher number.

The numbers in wrap up don't add up for me. Total says 91 hrs and the break down is

1. God of War - 83 hrs

2. The Pathless - 19 hrs

3. HZD - 8 hrs

I played a lot of God of War but don't think it was 83 hours though.

This year I have finished Shadow of the Colossus. Will probably jump on Demon's souls once I am done with Mortal Shell on Xbox.

My wrap up highlights:

678 hours Total

537 on PS5 games

141 on PS4 games

4 hours online

32 games played

Top 5 Games:

Nioh 2 Remastered 78 hours

Tales of Arise 66 hours

Yakuza Like a Dragon 65 hours

Immortals Fenyx Rising 52 hours

Judgement 48 hours

773 trophies

6 Platinum

38 PS plus games

Anyone have any idea why the Dying Light 2 Ultimate Edition is no longer purchasable on the PSN store?
Only version available is the basic edition. I had looked for it to drop a pre-order and couldn't find it. Googled the item page and takes me to a broken link. Weird.https://store.playstation.com/en-tw/product/UP3050-CUSA12584_00-ULTIMATEEDITIOUS
Not sure why that is, but if you have the original game there was an update today that added a new story for a character that will be in the second game. Guess it explains how he escapes the city and ends up where he’ll be in the second game 20yrs later.

Yes! It finally works now. 

85 hours (0 online)
23 games played
128 trophies

Top games:
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - 27 Hours
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - PS4 & PS4 - 17 Hours
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS4 & PS5 - 12 Hours
Tetris® Effect: Connected - 11 Hours
Mafia: Definitive Edition - 7 Hours

I'm quite surprised I only clocked that amount TBH. I'm thinking I spent most of my gaming on the PS3 (going through backlogs) and Switch (Skyrim, Zelda & indie games).

Might as well drop my results in here as well.

843 total hours

92% on PS4 titles (sounds legit)

314 online hours

88 games

755 trophies (6 plats)

Got 36 out of 37 Plus games (no clue what I missed, unless I already owned it and passed on picking it up?)

1. GTA V - 328 hours (my son strikes again - it's been my most played for the past several years due to him playing GTA Online so much under my account)

2. Yakuza Like a Dragon - 60 hours

3. HZD Complete - 53 hours

4. Immortals Fenix Rising - 35 Hours

5. Children of Morta - 28 hours

1,251 hrs played across 301 days and 51 games

Top games played...

Rocket League - 464 hrs
WWE 2K19 - 289 hrs
Shadow of Wardor - 96 hrs
Alien: Isolation - 75 hrs
Bully - 45 hrs

381 trophies / 7 platinum

420 Hours Played (230 PS5 190 PS4) 7 Hours online

197 Days Played

58 Games played

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 156 Hours

God of War - 44 Hours

Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 34 Hours

Marvel Avengers - 30 Hours

Ghost of Tsushima - 27 Hours

302 New Trophies (P - 0, G - 9, S - 40, B - 253)

45/37 PS+ Games added

PS5 has a new feature in the Capture and Broadcasts section of the settings to have it automatically upload screenshots and videos to the PS app on mobile for posting elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/jaypeters/status/1486158003577384962

bread's done
Back