Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Guys... PS security is horrible.  I was away from my account for a few years, and recently purchased a PS5.  About a week later, I got notification e-mails that purchases were made on my account.  My fault for sure as I didn't have 2-factor turned on and I didn't have require password at checkout.  Lesson learned.

Fast forward to changing my account password, I'm playing God of War and I get kicked off because someone signed in on another console.  Huh?  Mind you I have a randomly generated PW and I don't even have any friends on PS.  I ignore it thinking its a network glitch.  Last week, I got another group of e-mails about purchases on my account.  Luckily, they can't get to the money so all the purchases were free items.  But still, someone is playing games like Fortnite and other games I own on a PS4

I changed my PW again and clicked "sign out on all devices" on the website.  Contacted CS to see if they could track who was using my account, and they said no.  My account SHOULD be secure now, right?  I don't understand how they were able to access my account still after I changed my PW.  The console doesn't show on the website, either

Guys... PS security is horrible. I was away from my account for a few years, and recently purchased a PS5. About a week later, I got notification e-mails that purchases were made on my account. My fault for sure as I didn't have 2-factor turned on and I didn't have require password at checkout. Lesson learned.

Fast forward to changing my account password, I'm playing God of War and I get kicked off because someone signed in on another console. Huh? Mind you I have a randomly generated PW and I don't even have any friends on PS. I ignore it thinking its a network glitch. Last week, I got another group of e-mails about purchases on my account. Luckily, they can't get to the money so all the purchases were free items. But still, someone is playing games like Fortnite and other games I own on a PS4

I changed my PW again and clicked "sign out on all devices" on the website. Contacted CS to see if they could track who was using my account, and they said no. My account SHOULD be secure now, right? I don't understand how they were able to access my account still after I changed my PW. The console doesn't show on the website, either
Did you turn on two factor when you changed your password? Also, change the password for the email associated with your account and turn two factor on for that too if you haven't already.

Guys... PS security is horrible. I was away from my account for a few years, and recently purchased a PS5. About a week later, I got notification e-mails that purchases were made on my account. My fault for sure as I didn't have 2-factor turned on and I didn't have require password at checkout. Lesson learned.

Fast forward to changing my account password, I'm playing God of War and I get kicked off because someone signed in on another console. Huh? Mind you I have a randomly generated PW and I don't even have any friends on PS. I ignore it thinking its a network glitch. Last week, I got another group of e-mails about purchases on my account. Luckily, they can't get to the money so all the purchases were free items. But still, someone is playing games like Fortnite and other games I own on a PS4

I changed my PW again and clicked "sign out on all devices" on the website. Contacted CS to see if they could track who was using my account, and they said no. My account SHOULD be secure now, right? I don't understand how they were able to access my account still after I changed my PW. The console doesn't show on the website, either
sounds like they are playing on an old ps4 of yours. i once sold a vita and the guy was able to play games, and get trophies, even after i removed the console from my account and changed my password. ive had the same problem with an xbox series s that ive had to remove from my account several times. this is even after i removed my accounts from the consoles, and even did a full factory reset on the series s.

sounds like they are playing on an old ps4 of yours. i once sold a vita and the guy was able to play games, and get trophies, even after i removed the console from my account and changed my password. ive had the same problem with an xbox series s that ive had to remove from my account several times. this is even after i removed my accounts from the consoles, and even did a full factory reset on the series s.
This is probably exactly what happened. I traded in a console to Gamestop a couple of months ago. I trusted them when they said they were gonna wipe it. I guess no harm, no foul if they can't actually access my money, but I don't like seeing random games in recently played. I haven't seen that for a little over a week when I changed the PW last, though

Did you turn on two factor when you changed your password? Also, change the password for the email associated with your account and turn two factor on for that too if you haven't already.
Yes I did. It seems like somehow they were never signed out. I didn't know about the "sign out of all devices" option until I reset the 2nd time

Quick tip, always deactivate your consoles before trading in to Gamestop. You can set up a dummy account for any system in about 5 minutes

Sifu has been available for download for Deluxe Edition owners for a few hours now.
Side note on Sifu. After seeing the awesome reviews I decided to go ahead and pre order the game on PS5. Even though I just did the standard edition (39.99 one) it still unlocks the full game now rather than Tuesday. Not sure if it'll stay this way, but they probably just had to unlock every version to get it to start working I think. (Others have had success also doing this. No guarantees though.)

Is there a way to get PS5 spider man without buying the miles morales ultimate edition?
n/m i found the answer. if you also wanted to know..

*Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for the PS5 console is available as part of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition or available for $20 when purchased with Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales Standard Edition. PS4 Standard Edition owners must upgrade to PS5 version (at no cost) in order to redeem. To upgrade PS4 Standard Edition disc to the digital PS5 version, you will need a PS5 console with a disc drive.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/marvels-spider-man-remastered/

Sifu is fucking legit

Be warned though that shit ain’t easy
You're not kidding. I barely made it to the second level in my 50s. I definitely need to spend some time looking at re-mapping the evade/dodge button. I think swapping the item grab with the evade would be easier to manage.

That's still way too high to pay for storage even with the discount/mistake. I bought a Crucial X6 2TB External SSD that was on sale for $162 on amazon months ago and I got $40 off that due to some mistakes on Amazon's part and I think that even $122 for only 2TB is still too expensive.  I bought a 5TB external HDD for only $90 1 year ago. Now that's a good deal for that amount of storage and so I paid $32 more for 3TB less of storage. Using the SSD for my PS5(mostly all the PSVR games) and the 5TB external for my Series X.  It's crazy how expensive and overpriced SSD still is.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's still way too high to pay for storage even with the discount/mistake. I bought a Crucial X6 2TB External SSD that was on sale for $162 on amazon months ago and I got $40 off that due to some mistakes on Amazon's part and I think that even $122 for only 2TB is still too expensive. I bought a 5TB external HDD for only $90 1 year ago. Now that's a good deal for that amount of storage and so I paid $32 more for 3TB less of storage. Using the SSD for my PS5(mostly all the PSVR games) and the 5TB external for my Series X. It's crazy how expensive and overpriced SSD still is.
You are comparing external drives that don’t work in the PS5 to drives that do.

Might as well say “I’m not spending $60 on a nice filet because I can get beef at McDonald’s for $2.99”

That's still way too high to pay for storage even with the discount/mistake. I bought a Crucial X6 2TB External SSD that was on sale for $162 on amazon months ago and I got $40 off that due to some mistakes on Amazon's part and I think that even $122 for only 2TB is still too expensive. I bought a 5TB external HDD for only $90 1 year ago. Now that's a good deal for that amount of storage and so I paid $32 more for 3TB less of storage. Using the SSD for my PS5(mostly all the PSVR games) and the 5TB external for my Series X. It's crazy how expensive and overpriced SSD still is.
Comparing apples to oranges bro

Not in the same ballpark lol

Google SSDs are overpriced. There you go. I know external SSDs can't play PS5 games. I know you have to open up the PS5 to install the ones with the price mistake. I know SSDs are faster than HDDs. I merely stated a fact that you get WAY more storage for less $ with HDDs. It's also odd that SSD's have been around for years and years and still cost as much as they do. So much for SSDs replacing HDDs like DVD replaced VHS. I get it though, most here are fine paying such high prices.

I would like to know what people's experiences are with buying a 1 TB SSD.

1 TB doesn't seem THAT much bigger than the stock 650 GB. (Yes, I know its 50% larger)

Do people who have bought and installed a 1 TB think it was worth the cost for the extra stroage space?

I feel like I should wait for a 2 TB to drop to a reasonable price (whatever that is)  just to have enough space to not have to upgrade again.

1 TB doesn't seem THAT much bigger than the stock 650 GB. (Yes, I know its 50% larger)

Do people who have bought and installed a 1 TB think it was worth the cost for the extra stroage space?
I feel like I should wait for a 2 TB to drop to a reasonable price (whatever that is) just to have enough space to not have to upgrade again.
Well, remember that you aren’t replacing the internal drive. You are adding to it. So you are getting more than double your current space with a 1 TB. I agree that if you can hold out for 2 TB, that’s even better. But I’ve been much happier after adding a 1 TB (total 1.65 TB). Was a pain with just the 650 GB accessible on the stock drive.

Well, remember that you aren’t replacing the internal drive. You are adding to it.
I honestly did not know that. I thought it was a swap (like on the PS4).

I'll have to do some thinking now if I see a good price.

My 650 GB is getting pretty tight....I could just delete Avengers. That's 100+GB right there

I feel like I should wait for a 2 TB to drop to a reasonable price (whatever that is) just to have enough space to not have to upgrade again.
I went cheap and got 500GB SSD for my PS5 and just adding the extra 500GB of space makes everything much more manageable. I got the Sabrent Heat Sink and a WD SN850 500GGB SSD for just under $100 and I am very happy with my investment and the extra space.

I have every game I want installed and I still have plenty of space for Horizon and Elden Ring this month.

I honesty think 1TB at a decent price would be great and be plenty of space for a while.

I honestly did not know that. I thought it was a swap (like on the PS4).

I'll have to do some thinking now if I see a good price.

My 650 GB is getting pretty tight....I could just delete Avengers. That's 100+GB right there
I also have Avengers Installed and it would be the first game I remove if I need space.
I had it installed to try Spider-man when he released and it was disappointing.

I also have Returnal and Guardians installed still and I finished both (platinum) and could remove them for space as well. I was hoping for some DLC with Returnal but so far no news.

Coming from someone who had his 2tb internal and 8tb full for PS4, I hated that ps5 barely had any storage but it’s making me actually finish my games. Now I can just wait till at least a 2tb ssd becomes cheap enough. I still ain’t using my external HDD on my ps5

I went cheap and got 500GB SSD for my PS5 and just adding the extra 500GB of space makes everything much more manageable. I got the Sabrent Heat Sink and a WD SN850 500GGB SSD for just under $100 and I am very happy with my investment and the extra space.

I have every game I want installed and I still have plenty of space for Horizon and Elden Ring this month.

I honesty think 1TB at a decent price would be great and be plenty of space for a while.

I also have Avengers Installed and it would be the first game I remove if I need space.
I had it installed to try Spider-man when he released and it was disappointing.

I also have Returnal and Guardians installed still and I finished both (platinum) and could remove them for space as well. I was hoping for some DLC with Returnal but so far no news.
How’s guardians compared to avengers

I bought the 1 TB SN850 on sale, and, yeah, happy with it. Would love to go to 2TB someday but the pressure is off now.

So I bought the Samsung 2TB SSD for my ps5 even though I already had a 1TB SSD installed. Is there a way to repurpos the 1TB SSD like put it in an enclosure and hook it up to the ps5 for an additional storage?

So I bought the Samsung 2TB SSD for my ps5 even though I already had a 1TB SSD installed. Is there a way to repurpos the 1TB SSD like put it in an enclosure and hook it up to the ps5 for an additional storage?
If you can't put it in your computer, just sell it. Any other way is a waste of its benefits.

I am not a fan of voice commands at all but it is a huge pain to see what button to hit on the PS5 remote to pause a movie.

I always end up stopping it and getting sent to the top menu and then I have to turn on the lights.

So, I guess I'm looking forward to telling the PS5 to PAUSE to fix my first world difficulties.

wish they would add the ability to backup ps5 game saves to usb like you can with ps4

I am not a fan of voice commands at all but it is a huge pain to see what button to hit on the PS5 remote to pause a movie.

I always end up stopping it and getting sent to the top menu and then I have to turn on the lights.

So, I guess I'm looking forward to telling the PS5 to PAUSE to fix my first world difficulties.
HDMI-CEC? I know I can pause with my TV and Chromecast remotes.

wish they would add the ability to backup ps5 game saves to usb like you can with ps4
I wasn't aware you could do that. I thought that crap was tied to the specific console. I know you can do it for the PSP and vita.

Google SSDs are overpriced. There you go. I know external SSDs can't play PS5 games. I know you have to open up the PS5 to install the ones with the price mistake. I know SSDs are faster than HDDs. I merely stated a fact that you get WAY more storage for less $ with HDDs. It's also odd that SSD's have been around for years and years and still cost as much as they do. So much for SSDs replacing HDDs like DVD replaced VHS. I get it though, most here are fine paying such high prices.
HDD's are insanely overpriced. I can get a 2TB SSD for $162, but a 2TB HDD that is two thousand times slower still costs $40, instead of the eight cents that it ought to ($162 divided by 2000).

#logic #basicmath #googleit

bread's done
Back