Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Random question, is anyone else not able to sign into the PS Store on their PS3s? Every time I try to sign on, it just says I'm signed out of my account and takes me back home. So I sign back on and try to go to the store and it just starts to load but then I get a "you've been signed out" error again.

I wanted to download some of my games but not sure how else I can do that without accessing the store.
You have to sign in with a generated password or whatever. You can no longer use your main account's password. I forgot how to do it, but I had the same issue a couple of months ago.

Random question, is anyone else not able to sign into the PS Store on their PS3s? Every time I try to sign on, it just says I'm signed out of my account and takes me back home. So I sign back on and try to go to the store and it just starts to load but then I get a "you've been signed out" error again.

I wanted to download some of my games but not sure how else I can do that without accessing the store.
You have to sign in with a generated password or whatever. You can no longer use your main account's password. I forgot how to do it, but I had the same issue a couple of months ago.
If you sign into your account using the web you can view your devices and then generate a password for them.

I just did this recently for my Vita TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the Uncharted trailer with Nathan Fillion? If this was done with a bigger budget it could have been great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74&t=473s

For what?
PS5 OS

If you mean for the new firmware, I wish I could give you mine. I thought it was universal for PS4 and PS5, but nope. They sent me a PS4 code even though I only have a PS5 currently active. The code went to waste.

Edit: nevermind. The code can be redeemed 5 times. I'll PM you.
Saw you sent me the PS4 one. Thanks man, but I never use my PS4 anymore lol. I haven't redeemed the code(s) so if anyone else wants it you can share it with them.

Fillion, ten years ago, would've been great...but he was showing his age in that fan film. In a perfect world someone would've saved Mad Men's Jay R. Ferguson from the dreck that is The Conners and cast him as Nate. He would've done just as good, and resembles the character. Unfortunately studios rarely consider tv actors for gigs like that, especially if they're bit players.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1493601389427277825

Starting February 17 around 10am PST and lasting through 10am PST February 23rd , players 18 or over in U.S. and Canada with a PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch internet-connected console can participate in the MLB The Show 22 Technical Test. What is the Technical Test? We want to deliver the best version possible of MLB The Show 22 and to do that we need everyone’s help to stress test the servers, online match-making, cross-platform play, online co-op, and more in addition to gathering feedback on gameplay. The best news? No need to sign up, it’s open to everyone eligible**. Download for free on the PlayStation Store beginning tomorrow, February 16. Learn more at www.theshow.com/techtest

I have cyberpunk ps4 disc that I never installed, will it automatically download the ps5 version for me, or do I have to “purchase” it?
You always have to "purchase" (for free) the PS5 upgrades. It shows up after you put the disc in on the right side of the screen, you select it, choose to purchase it for free, and then download it.

It could be Resident Evil 4 Remake

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1491838570218274821?s=20&t=Kk1gKY9s-HcolpZQl9cpFw
One of the coolest things about RE4 was going back to the village a second time when it was nighttime and it gave the whole scene a completely different feel and atmosphere. Seems weird to make both village sections take place at night (or will they bump back the time of the second village section to morning?).

This remake is one of my most anticipated titles and I'm both excited and nervous about these changes. I like the idea of the game taking on a scarier tone but I don't like altering the opening section to nighttime. The dreary, cloudy feel to the initial levels practically define the game for me.

RE4 is such a great game, it doesn't need a remake. It still holds up, especially the Wii version outside of dated graphics. Code:Veronica on the other hand, should've been their next project...and probably would have had it not included what is likely deemed a problematic villain in 2022.

RE4 is such a great game, it doesn't need a remake. It still holds up, especially the Wii version outside of dated graphics. Code:Veronica on the other hand, should've been their next project...and probably would have had it not included what is likely deemed a problematic villain in 2022.
Pretty sure CV Remake is already in the early stages of development. I believe Capcom wanted to have all the mainline RE titles up to date. Still hoping for a proper Outbreak Remake at some point.

I totally agree that Code: Veronica X should have been the next game to get an upgrade as it desperately needs it (what is problematic about the villain, btw?) however, RE4 does need some quality of life adjustments. Truth be told, the control scheme is the reason why I stopped playing RE games with RE4 and haven't found the will to return to them. I liked how in RE1-3, you just had to aim in the direction of a zombie and pull the trigger and then boom! headshot. But in RE4, you had to stop moving, aim at a specific part of the body, and shoot. I'm fine with aiming at specific parts of the body, but to have to stop moving dead in your tracks to aim, that killed all the momentum for me. If they make the aiming like in the RE2 & 3 remakes, it'll be so much better.

I totally agree that Code: Veronica X should have been the next game to get an upgrade as it desperately needs it (what is problematic about the villain, btw?)
I have no idea what he means either. Maybe just that the mutated character model is a bit too "sexy"? Obviously they would update the character model for 2022 with more roots and bark growth to cover her up and make her less sexy.

But in RE4, you had to stop moving, aim at a specific part of the body, and shoot. I'm fine with aiming at specific parts of the body, but to have to stop moving dead in your tracks to aim, that killed all the momentum for me. If they make the aiming like in the RE2 & 3 remakes, it'll be so much better.
It's almost guaranteed the control scheme will be the same as the other two remakes. I kind of hope they'll leave tank controls as an option, though, even a hidden option.

I actually replayed Code Veronica over the holidays and while I do think it could use a makeover, I actually wish they'd just keep it to upgrading the visuals and adding a few things here and there ala the original REmake. As much as I enjoyed the more recent RE2 and RE3 remakes, I don't need yet another game in that over-the-shoulder shooter style (I'm okay with the RE4 remake being like that since obviously that game has always been that way). I find myself really missing the deliberate camera angles and slower pacing of the older games.

Also, the problematic character he was referring to is almost certainly
Alfred/Alexia. I think they could still keep the character relatively true to the original game but they would need to drop some of the stereotypes and certainly the main character's reactions to him as a "freak" and things like that.

I actually replayed Code Veronica over the holidays and while I do think it could use a makeover, I actually wish they'd just keep it to upgrading the visuals and adding a few things here and there ala the original REmake. As much as I enjoyed the more recent RE2 and RE3 remakes, I don't need yet another game in that over-the-shoulder shooter style (I'm okay with the RE4 remake being like that since obviously that game has always been that way). I find myself really missing the deliberate camera angles and slower pacing of the older games.

Also, the problematic character he was referring to is almost certainly
Alfred/Alexia. I think they could still keep the character relatively true to the original game but they would need to drop some of the stereotypes and certainly the main character's reactions to him as a "freak" and things like that.
Should give this game a try:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4293-PPSA02525_00-TORMENTEDSIEAPS5

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1493948549813481472?t=y3q7CgTeEFbuij_cERShwQ&s=19
This looks really cool.

But man, I am not a fan anymore of this trend of adding micro-expansion-pack content updates years after release. I realize I might be the only one who feels that way, because a lot of people see it as very generous on the devs' behalf. But it feels like I'm missing out on a big chunk of a game unless I either 1. wait for years to play it, or 2. go back and replay it.. again and again. There are too many games to play as it is to justify option #2, though, unless it's a game you really love.

I'd honestly rather see developers put all those micro-expansions together into a sequel. But that's, strangely, become a riskier business decision today than releasing something small for free that will gain free press and positive PR, cashing in on renewed sales every quarter. At least for big games where the guarantee of press coverage is there.

I don't know I like it for sure. Why wouldn't I be happy if a game I liked got new content? I mean I seem to go back to something like Dead Cells when they want to release a new DLC. Also generally they're cheaper/and or free so nothing too bad. I know some games just get endless DLC and by then I want another sequel like Street Fighter V. If it's in the developer's heart I'm OK about it. There is too many new games to play anyway, so it's nice when you can get comfy with older favorites again.

This looks really cool.

But man, I am not a fan anymore of this trend of adding micro-expansion-pack content updates years after release. I realize I might be the only one who feels that way, because a lot of people see it as very generous on the devs' behalf. But it feels like I'm missing out on a big chunk of a game unless I either 1. wait for years to play it, or 2. go back and replay it.. again and again. There are too many games to play as it is to justify option #2, though, unless it's a game you really love.

I'd honestly rather see developers put all those micro-expansions together into a sequel. But that's, strangely, become a riskier business decision today than releasing something small for free that will gain free press and positive PR, cashing in on renewed sales every quarter. At least for big games where the guarantee of press coverage is there.
Complaining about constant FREE updates of which some are pretty big? Yikes.

New deals:

Planet of the Discounts Sale ends 3/3 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/8a31d28e-61a4-4794-9286-24f7944b7c5c/1

Games Under $20 Sale ends 3/3 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/30826e82-088f-4cc2-aaa4-81507aa31353/1

67% off NBA 2K22 Deal of the Week ends 2/24 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f65229a4-503b-4811-8930-58fec83ae298/1

Last Week: Add-on Sale ends 2/24 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/97db7c30-45e3-49c6-b269-486d9940710a/1

Some really poor reactions in here. It's not a complaint to say that you personally dislike the concept of waiting years to play the fully finished version of a game.

No Man's Sky is a title that desperately needed some extra content, and it's wonderful that they've done it. However, understand that if you're a Day One player who hasn't stuck around for almost six years you might feel like you've missed out on the newer stuff, especially if you already did all (what little there was) to do when it initially launched.

But sure, just don't play the vidja game lole

This looks really cool.

For me, it depends on the game. No Man's Sky was in very bad shape when it was released. It didn't even have a storyline to play through, it was just a sandbox. Even today, the storyline they do have is minimum. It's there more to guide you through what the game has to offer. The fact that the purpose of playing NMS isn't to play through a campaign (and the fact that they haven't added any new trophies,) helps because there's nothing specific to draw you back to playing the game. You're not really missing out on not going back to it.

Another game that I play often is Dead by Daylight. which also doesn't have any sort of storyline or campaign. I mean, it's really just a horror version of Hide & Seek mixed with Tag with each match lasting on average of 10 minutes. If the game was never changed from the way it was at launch, it would be a tedious game after a while. The fact that they release new killers and survivors every three months really keeps it fresh and something to genuinely go back to every so often.

Episodic titles like the Telltale games, or games like Assassin's Creed, however, I do absolutely get annoyed at that they spread out these episodes or season pass add-ons across a year or more. Those games do have a campaign and/or story that you get invested in. I don't want to have to go back to it every few months because then I feel unfulfilled until the next installment, not to the mention I'll have forgotten some of the nuances of the story in between playing them. I just want to play through the story while I'm in the game's mindframe. So I've basically learned at this point not to even start playing it until all the DLC has been released, even if that's two years after release. I have more than enough games across the last five generations I haven't played yet, I don't need to play a game at launch. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have an entire game on disc that I can pop in and play straight through right when I'm excited for it rather than waiting two years later to even start it.

I definitely wouldn't want all expansions put into sequels, though, because sequels usually ditch some aspects of what came before it. Like, Rock Band 4 is great because they constantly put out new songs that you can add to your massive library going back to Rock Band 1. If they did the sequel route, it'd be like Guitar Hero 1-4 where each game was just a new set of songs and you lost what you had in the game before it.

This looks really cool.

I guess I'm not sure what the issue is. They've been putting out updates a few times per year and it's an endless game anyway, so there's nothing to replay about it. If you got what you wanted out of the game at launch, it's fine to move on.

They've added and changed a lot over the years and it's easy to just hop back in for a few hours every few months to see what's new if it interests you. I don't think it's that big of an investment. There are generally guides out there to help you see what all is new and how to get to that stuff if you need it. Minecraft, Terraria, and others like No Man's Sky don't really need arbitrary sequels to gate off content for people to have to buy again when they can just keep updating them for years to keep the fun going.

Wow - didn't expect that post to ruffle feathers like it did.  I wasn't hating on anyone's favorite game here, so let's all chill for a moment.

I probably wasn't clear enough.  Some games do post-launch content updates well.  Frisky brought up a couple of good examples: Minecraft and Terraria.  Those are games that are made with replayability in mind, so the regular content patches are neat.

But for games you're only ever going to play through once?  It sucks buying it on launch, not realizing at the time that you're buying an unfinished product that the developer plans to add 1/3 of its content to via patches over the next 5+ years.  Yeah, yeah - you can say the devs gave you exactly what you agreed to buy: the game as it existed at the time, and that's a fair point - but there's still that tinge of remorse for not waiting until later to buy and play it.

It's not like when I was 12 and could dedicate 20+ hours/week to playing games.  Booting up an old game and spending an hour refamiliarizing myself with it + figuring out what state I left my save in, just to try out two new hours of content?  That's a big time investment, and unless it's a game I loved, it's probably not happening, which means I only ever got to experience the unfinished game.  That kinda sucks.  Small updates are cool.  Releasing 1/3 of your content post-launch  - that just screws early adopters, who paid the most for your game and are thus your biggest supporters.  There's a line between giving your customers some free bonuses vs releasing a big chunk of your game after launch.

I get your point, Josh.  For me, I payed full retail, played at launch for a while and enjoyed some of it, but gave it a break.  Tried it again a year or so later and found a brand new game, played it a while and set it down.  Tried it again another year later and found that it was completely different again.  

For me, I'm just impressed how much time and effort they're putting into it.  It wasn't a perfect game at launch and I'm glad they've kept working on it, because it's the kind of game you want to see from the start when they put out the massive changes.  

Personally, I think it would be very cool to have an option to play v1, v2, v3, v4, etc separately so you can see how much the game has evolved over time.  The fact that they're not charging for these things is a pretty great thing, IMHO.  

Probably not the best place to ask this, but does anyone know what's up with the Godfall story upgrade. It pops up in the most recent deals along with the Godfall challenger edition but is listed as "unavailable". Does it become available to add on once you buy the challenger edition (for free, presumably)?

bread's done
Back