Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone ever play Ashen?  $12 soulslike.  The store description about a passive co-op system where people will randomly join your game sounds really interesting.  I love to coop in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Anyone ever play Ashen? $12 soulslike. The store description about a passive co-op system where people will randomly join your game sounds really interesting. I love to coop in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
I bought the game after reading some good reviews. The dlc is on sale too for $3.

Anyone ever play Ashen? $12 soulslike. The store description about a passive co-op system where people will randomly join your game sounds really interesting. I love to coop in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
I played the game when it was on Gamepass and I loved it. If you enjoy souls games you should also enjoy this.

The passive co-op system is neat but it really depends on how many people are playing it right now. I played it when it launched on gamepass so there were a lot of people playing it and helping. The coop system reminded me of Journey.

One note about co-op is I don't think you can fight the last boss with a coop partner.

I bought it on sale on the Switch with the DLC to have it portable. Great Game.

Atari put some notable stuff on sale in this week's deals:

Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1 for $9.99 - 50% off:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0182-CUSA06100_00-FLASHBACK000VOL1

Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2 for $9.99 - 50% off:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0182-CUSA09458_00-FLASHBACK000VOL3

Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 3 for $9.99 - 50% off:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0182-CUSA06099_00-FLASHBACK000VOL2

Black Widow: Recharged (PS5/PS4) and Centipede: Recharged (PS5, not sure why there's no PS4 version like the other Recharged games) are $6.99 - 30% off:

Tempest 4000 (Vita classic TxK remastered and rebranded as Tempest) got its first PSN sale at $14.99 - 50% off:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0182-CUSA09856_00-TEMPEST400000001

Best Buy still has physical copies for $9.99:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tempest-4000-playstation-4-playstation-5/6248903.p?skuId=6248903

Pong Quest is also on sale for the first time at $7.49 - 50% off:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0182-CUSA18661_00-PONGQUEST0000000

Meh, my Horizon Special Edition is still sitting in "Packaging your item" status and has been for the past day, tracking number has been generated but I guess it isn't being shipped until later today.  Yeah, I know they changed their "Release Day Shipping" to "We'll ship it on Release Day", but up until now for the most part they still get it here by Release Day.  I can wait, but now seriously considering changing Elden Ring to store pickup so I can get it on release day (though they will still have to ship the Steelbook).

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=36694:Screenshot 2022-02-18 122058.png]Anyone else order Horizon FW in September when it was included in a Target circle offer when it shouldn't have been? I honestly thought they'd end up cancelling it, but it stayed put and I got it today. Loved the first horizon, but if it wasn't for the massive discount I would have waited for a sale. 

How bout no
I still can't understand how they miscast Uncharted so badly. They had the perfect casting served up on a silver platter in that fan movie. Why not look at Tomb Raider - Jolie was a hit while Vikander bombed the franchise. Tom Holland is an ok actor, but does he really give anyone "Indiana Jones" vibes? Come on.

Screenshot 2022-02-18 122058.pngAnyone else order Horizon FW in September when it was included in a Target circle offer when it shouldn't have been? I honestly thought they'd end up cancelling it, but it stayed put and I got it today. Loved the first horizon, but if it wasn't for the massive discount I would have waited for a sale.
Wow lucky u but it makes sense u got it since it’s basically standard. My special edition got backordered further to March. Same with my dying light deluxe both for ps5 lol

Screenshot 2022-02-18 122058.pngAnyone else order Horizon FW in September when it was included in a Target circle offer when it shouldn't have been? I honestly thought they'd end up cancelling it, but it stayed put and I got it today. Loved the first horizon, but if it wasn't for the massive discount I would have waited for a sale.
I did too, combined that Circle offer with my Birthday coupon and Redcard, ended up paying $35.10 after tax for the PS4 disc (free upgrade :p ) but will not be delivered until Monday.

I still can't understand how they miscast Uncharted so badly. They had the perfect casting served up on a silver platter in that fan movie. Why not look at Tomb Raider - Jolie was a hit while Vikander bombed the franchise. Tom Holland is an ok actor, but does he really give anyone "Indiana Jones" vibes? Come on.
From what I've been reading, Holland is one of the bright spots of the movie.

I did too, combined that Circle offer with my Birthday coupon and Redcard, ended up paying $35.10 after tax for the PS4 disc (free upgrade :p ) but will not be delivered until Monday.
Wow nice :shock: I was going to go for the PS4 version to get it cheaper, but it's a hassle downloading large games on my internet. My estimate was the 21-24, but once it shipped on Wednesday it updated saying it was coming today. I hope there's another mistake like this once God of War Ragnorak can be pre-ordered so I can get it cheaper too :rofl:

attachicon.gif
Yep got my PS5 version for 41 bucks + tax. Got it last night.

Doing the Chrono Cross remaster before Chrono Trigger on consoles is an amazing troll job to the part of the Chrono fanbase that prefers Chrono Trigger over Cross.
Well to be fair, a CT remaster would likely be more in vein with the excellent retro styling they've been doing with Octopath et al and has seen reprints. CC hasn't been on a system other than PS1 AFAIK, so this does make a little more sense in reaching more audiences. I will admit, I remember nothing about Cross other than the fantastic music. Easy pass for me.

Did anyone see the Uncharted trailer with Nathan Fillion? If this was done with a bigger budget it could have been great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74&t=473s
I remember seeing it and thinking it was perfect. My opinion hasn't changed and I'd rather watch the short than the new movie any day.

He's Sony's poster boy for Spiderman, so of course they're trying to push him as a mascot. Talk about an abusive company SMH.

This is absolutely deliberate. Why would they think this is okay to do?
This is more a UI design fault that normally wouldn't be an issue except they reneged on the $10 upgrade. At that point they should have simply priced the game at $60 across the board to avoid this buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Jim Ryan is determined to run their name into the ground.

He's succeeding.

This is more a UI design fault that normally wouldn't be an issue except they reneged on the $10 upgrade.
I think it's a few things. The PS4 to PS5 transition is taking way longer then anyone expected and is causing all sorts of shenanigans. Also Sony games is working on huge mergers, moving to a subscription service, and competing with gamepass. I really don't think they spend all that much time on thinking about pricing and PSN game sales (and it shows).

Would've been nice if they had stuck the Slam Master games in that collection.

Also, if Arcade 1up can get a Capcom Marvel fighter, there's no reason for Capcom to not re-up the license again and give us the console collection everyone and their mama wants.

Good deal but it’s deceiving. Then again it’s Newegg so I’m not the least bit shocked lol. Looks like it’s just the regular 2TB with a third party heatsink for free.
A third party heat sink should be fine, I have one on a 1TB SN850 in my PS5 and have had no issues. In fact I even read that the WD heat sink isn't exactly the best out there and definitely not worth the premium they put on the model that includes it.

That's pretty cool, but I don't want PS Now to necessarily compete with Game Pass by offering new games at launch. How did you notice that it was coming to PS Now? It's just mentioned in one line and has a PS Now tag, but I would've definitely missed it if you didn't notice it.

bread's done
Back