Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I’ve played and beaten Red Earth multiple times on MAME and it’s just okay. I’d much rather see a Capcom All-Stars with all the fighters from every Capcom fighter included. Anyone who’s played MUGEN knows it’s possible.

No Tech Romancer? Huge miss for me.
Maybe we can get it in a 3D collection with Rival Schools/Project Justice, and Power Stone 1-2/

I'd also say the Street Fighter EX games, but probably rights issues with those since there are Arika characters in them.

Not bad, but this is about what I expect from Plus so not much of a make-good for last month. If we had gotten this last month though, I'd have no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the odds that the Mass Effect Trilogy ever hits PS Plus? I'm new to the service, so not sure what to expect. I want it, but I also have a decent backlog such that I can wait for a few months.

Any buy 2 deals out there, or coming up? Haven't purchased a brand new game since MW, but the two games I've been waiting on forever come out in back to back weeks in Elden Ring and Gran Turismo 7. Ugh. Horizon last week too, though I can wait for that. When is the last time so many huge games have come back to back to back like this?

What are the odds that the Mass Effect Trilogy ever hits PS Plus? I'm new to the service, so not sure what to expect. I want it, but I also have a decent backlog such that I can wait for a few months.
Not that my prediction carries any weight, but I could maybe see that hitting PS+ late this year, like in the fall? I'm not sure if EA would ever feel that generous, though.

I really doubt Mass Effect Trilogy hits the PS+ anytime soon. I would bet higher on something like the Crysis Trilogy (likely split up), or even the yearly likely older Fifa game. For this months games Sonic racing looks aight and Ghostrunner is actually one I want to play. I don't usually care for multiplayer co-ops, but who knows if that will be good. Ghosts of Tsushima seems too stealth based to play well in multiplayer, but I'll look out for reviews and still claim it. Elden Ring is coming soon, so I'll be on that soon.

Mass Effect Trilogy just recently hit EA Play so that’s another reason it probably won’t be a plus game anytime soon.

Mass Effect Legendary is 9 months old. Most EA games (aside from SW Squadrons) are pushing 2 years or more when they get added.

am i seeing this right? the listing on the ps store for gran turismo 7 now shows the ps4 version with both the ps4 and ps5 icons. is it no longer a $10 upgrade?[attachment=36705:Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18-59-29 Gran Turismo® 7.png]

am i seeing this right? the listing on the ps store for gran turismo 7 now shows the ps4 version with both the ps4 and ps5 icons. is it no longer a $10 upgrade? Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18-59-29 Gran Turismo® 7.png
Horizon and GT 7 are the last two first party games that don’t have the $10 upgrade charge. But Sony made it more difficult to see that for HFW and got a lot of flack for still having the PS5 $70 listing on PSN. Maybe they’re making GT easier because of that.

Horizon and GT 7 are the last two first party games that don’t have the $10 upgrade charge. But Sony made it more difficult to see that for HFW and got a lot of flack for still having the PS5 $70 listing on PSN. Maybe they’re making GT easier because of that.
ok, everything I read said gt7 had the upcharge for the upgrade, thanks

ok, everything I read said gt7 had the upcharge for the upgrade, thanks
Oh crap, searching and maybe you are right. HFW might have been the last freebie. Wonder if that listing is a mistake? Or maybe they are saying you can play the PS4 version on a PS5?

Oh crap, searching and maybe you are right. HFW might have been the last freebie. Wonder if that listing is a mistake? Or maybe they are saying you can play the PS4 version on a PS5?
yep, looks like that only unlocked the ps4 version. somewhat misleading as it looks the same as what they had changed the forbidden west page to.

yep, looks like that only unlocked the ps4 version. somewhat misleading as it looks the same as what they had changed the forbidden west page to.
That sucks. At least you should be able to cancel it via CS. Maybe argue with them about the PS5 version. Doubt they’ll give it to you but worth s shot.

That sucks. At least you should be able to cancel it via CS. Maybe argue with them about the PS5 version. Doubt they’ll give it to you but worth s shot.
im getting the upgrade when its available anyway, just wanted to try and save a few bucks. might be worth chatting about both versions being shown though.

Streaming some Elden Ring (link) if you want to see it in action. I barely know anything about the game, so there will be no spoilers.
I'll be playing in 2 hours when it goes live here. This is the first game I've ever preordered digitally at full price and pre-loaded. Can't wait. I was disappointed there wasn't a thread for it on CAG. But if anyone gets into it and wants to coop at some point I'm up for it.

I went with the PS version for two reasons:

1) It just seems more appropriate on PlayStation for some reason (even though I did play Dark Souls 3 on Xbox One)

2) I've had like $20 sitting in my PSN wallet for multiple years and that was a good excuse to spend it finally.

Since, technically, I got that PSN credit at a discount through some previous deal I suppose I didn't quite pay full price for this game - still barely hanging on to my CAG cred ;).

I never heard of Ghostrunner until recently; I've been wondering if it's any good.
If you have patience for extremely hard games, it is pretty fantastic. The game has a great atmosphere and it is really rewarding when you get through an area that you were having trouble with. If you care about speedrunning at all, you could get a lot of replayability out of improving your time on individual sections in the game. It is one of the hardest games I have had the patience to finish.

Elden Ring does seem good so far. Most of the way it works is just like the Souls games. They do some nice things like you can get a flask use back by killing off a group of enemies in an area, though I don't know what constitutes a group since I killed two giant crabs that I guess were near each other and the second one refilled a flask. You can also craft some stuff after you buy a crafting kit, though the stuff you can make early on aren't that useful like other open world RPGs would do with their crafting.

The nice thing is that you're not locked into linear paths to progress, so you can just leave an area that's giving you issues and go elsewhere for a while to come back after you've leveled up with some new weapons and armor to better handle that area.

Edit: Here's the archive of my stream of the Steam version.

I'll be playing in 2 hours when it goes live here. This is the first game I've ever preordered digitally at full price and pre-loaded. Can't wait. I was disappointed there wasn't a thread for it on CAG. But if anyone gets into it and wants to coop at some point I'm up for it.

1) It just seems more appropriate on PlayStation for some reason (even though I did play Dark Souls 3 on Xbox One)
2) I've had like $20 sitting in my PSN wallet for multiple years and that was a good excuse to spend it finally.

Since, technically, I got that PSN credit at a discount through some previous deal I suppose I didn't quite pay full price for this game - still barely hanging on to my CAG cred ;).
Digital to me is the best. Also Elden Ring is loaded and ready to fuck come 9pm PST lol

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the PS4 version of Tormented Souls.  It's not stated on the page, but if you buy the PS5 version, it makes the PS4 version free (at least it did for a friend who bought the PS5 version at release and me when I bought the PS5 version tonight after the PS4 version came out). 

The PS5 version is on sale for $14, but the PS4 version just came out at the full $20.  So if you buy the PS5 version, you should be able to get both for $14.

Streaming some Elden Ring (link) if you want to see it in action. I barely know anything about the game, so there will be no spoilers.
I'm guessing you bought it digitally? As I don't think any physical copies are available yet besides the couple gs that did midnight releases.

I got it during the buy 3 get 2 sale so that's prettymuch the only reason I picked it up since I needed enough games that qualified.

My preorder just shipped finally. Though I'm still playing pokemon arceus right now so I won't have time to jump in for a while.

not quite a PS game, but I wanted to say how fun Tumble Time is from Devolver. Not a fan of mobile games but I appreciate the Devolver characters in such a simple gratifying game. If you got the invite to the closed beta, give it a shot.

Something I noticed last night.  Why is Tormented Souls $20 on psn but $40 physically?  Is there something wrong with the ps4 version?  I find that weird.  I would buy it no problem on disc if it were $20, but it isn't worth $40.

Something I noticed last night. Why is Tormented Souls $20 on psn but $40 physically? Is there something wrong with the ps4 version? I find that weird. I would buy it no problem on disc if it were $20, but it isn't worth $40.
Probably a perceived "physical version tax". You could also just buy the PS5 version while it's on sale for $14 and you'll get the PS4 version, too (confirmed).

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4293-PPSA02525_00-TORMENTEDSIEAPS5

bread's done
Back