Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Might take you up on that when I have time. Busy as shit with 2 kids and my job so I don't play until late at night, and then fall asleep 30 minutes later lol
Same boat...2 kids plus work means game at night or not at all.
I was trying to figure out how I had so many hours in ESO and then realized I fall asleep trying to squeeze in gaming time on a fairly regular basis. Fun times waking up when the controller hits the floor...
Best is when you wake up and realize you have been walking into a wall for who knows how long

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually play at night, I’m pst
Ditto for me. I sunk 7 hours into it last night. Didn't feel like I got that far though - was just mostly exploring that first area and trying to figure it all out (and also grinding for some better armor since I picked a class with bad starting stuff).

Hit a wall against the first major boss (not really a spoiler but just in case):
guy at storm castle thing - it's where the golden light sends you right at the beginning

Even with 2 summons we are getting creamed. So I figured time to head the other way and see what's out there. There were so many summons for the little cave mini-bosses (who aren't all that hard anyway). When I would put my summon sign down sometimes I'd get summoned before I even left my menu afterwards! And this was at like 3am Pacific. Game will only get more crazy today with people who got disc copies.

What class are you guys playing with? I played a little bit but trying to finish Forbidden West first.
I’m using a prisoner. It’s been perfect for me blending melee and magic. Takes some time to get better armor and stats but I’m bald I chose that class.

One tip I'll give is to find the weird little pillar statues on the map as soon as you can, as they fill in your map with at least some art that can give you a better idea of where bodies of water and other biomes on that main landmass that you start on.

Edit: Here's the archive of my second Elden Ring stream.

Anyone read the official rules of that PlayStation treat codes contest? They really want you to jump through crazy hoops to win. First they put all the countries into 3 groups. They pick 3 “potential winners" for each of the 14 codes based on who got closest. And finally Potential Winners who are residents of Argentina, Chile, Mexico, United States or Canada may be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-test question posed by the Sponsor in the manner to be determined by the Sponsor in order to be declared a winner and awarded the applicable Prize. Such question may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be administered online, by email, by telephone, or as part of the Potential Winner’s declaration of eligibility.

Just give the people who are randomly picked the console for god sake like just about every other contest. Taco Bell and Burger King never did this crap.

What class are you guys playing with? I played a little bit but trying to finish Forbidden West first.
Just about everyone is going Samurai since it's a new starter class and very strong. Magic is definitely even stronger in this game than the past, but I think Samurai is flashier early game and can still be molded into a caster which is what I'm doing for my Moonlight Dark Moon Greatsword build. The uchigatana you start with comes with Unsheathe as your "guard" attack (every bit as badass as it sounds) and builds bleed that can build up until it explodes, stunning bosses for a backstab. Extremely powerful in the right hands.

I know this is related but not about games but ADATA - XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2TB Internal PCIe Gen4 M.2 2280 SSD w/ heatsink is $229.99 on Amazon and Best Buy deal of the day. Deal of the day lasts about 12 more hours.

Amazon

Best Buy

Probably a perceived "physical version tax". You could also just buy the PS5 version while it's on sale for $14 and you'll get the PS4 version, too (confirmed).

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4293-PPSA02525_00-TORMENTEDSIEAPS5
Thanks, I looked it up and now its says the ps4 version is unavailable. I don't even know if it is still included with the ps5 version at this point for new purchases. Maybe it was a mistake. The whole thing is odd. I'll just wait on the physical to drop in price to be safe.

I went with Prophet. Having fire tossing ability is nice, but it's a glass cannon. You also don't get to toss fire till you find a merchant later that sells the spell
In the roundtable place

I’m using a prisoner. It’s been perfect for me blending melee and magic. Takes some time to get better armor and stats but I’m bald I chose that class.
I wish I had done this, or...

Just about everyone is going Samurai since it's a new starter class and very strong. Magic is definitely even stronger in this game than the past, but I think Samurai is flashier early game and can still be molded into a caster which is what I'm doing for my Moonlight Dark Moon Greatsword build. The uchigatana you start with comes with Unsheathe as your "guard" attack (every bit as badass as it sounds) and builds bleed that can build up until it explodes, stunning bosses for a backstab. Extremely powerful in the right hands.
Well damn that sounds awesome.

Oh well, I wanted to play this game without knowing stuff in advance, so I just went with something, It's been fun.

I did find a great place to farm runes (i.e., souls) in the early game. You do need to have the horse though first. I'll present this in stages of spoilers:

Very near where you start, there's a lake with a
dragon. Ignore the dragon. There are some dragon burnt ruins in the lake which are easy to get into. Once in there, ignore the messages that inform you the chest is a trap! I didn't at first but then found out later (from another place) that the chest traps will sometimes transport you do different areas!

Assuming you saw the minor spoiler about where something near the start is located, continue on: You are now in a tough area, but just run downhill past the enemies and you get to a bonfire thingy. From there, look at your map. The stuff around there is pretty high level and I did some exploring but didn't find too much of interest (though it was fun to explore). What you should do is put a marker down on the only thing you can see on the map, which is where the area map is located. Gallop like crazy on the horse to get to that and reveal the area on the world map.

Once you have the map revealed:
Head down to the lower right where there is a castle across a bridge. There are VERY tough enemies here but just gallop past. Before you would cross a bridge to the castle, there is an area with a bunch of rabid dogs and soldiers and a small wall of rocks on fire that you can jump over. Just past that is a wooden tower with two guards who will shoot at you. Just past them is another bonfire. Stop there, and then look back - you should have kited the rabid dogs over to the soldiers and they will be fighting each other! You can wait till one group wins, then gallop back over and pick up any drops (soldiers will drop armor). You can sit at the bonfire and then gallop in a loop back up to the dogs and back to the bonfire. I was getting 4000-6000 runes every time depending on which group wins (you get more if the dogs win).

With all those souls I'm trying not to power level, but I did use them to buy out most of the 3 merchants I have found so far. In particular,
I go an item from Patches that supposedly helps in that hard fight at the beginning of the stormview castle. So I'll be off to there again tonight. Where to find Patches in the next spoiler

In that same lake area with the ruins with the teleporter trap, if you go to the upper right area there is a canyon. Gallop past the undead here and eventually you will run into an NPC invader. If you can hold him off for a bit, an NPC helper will arrive and you can beat him. Off to the left, there is a cave that will lead you to Patches. I won't say anything else about the encounter, but I will add that eventually there is a second teleporter trap which is what made me go back and explore that first one which I initially dodged away from thinking it was poison or something.

Guessing I may be alone in this problem here but I got the PS4 version of GRID Legends because they were out of PS5 preorders during the Target B2G1 sale. And I cannot get the free upgrade at all. There’s nothing under the three dots to change to the PS5 version and no download for the upgrade.

Contacted PlayStation and they told me it was EA’s problem. Contacted EA and they aren’t responding. Has anyone here figured out how to get it to work? Honestly should just get multiplatform games on Xbox.

Anyone playing Elden Ring NEEDS to get this item ASAP. Once you get your mount, it should be the first thing:

https://youtu.be/kU2Rq07j7Yo

For someone who isn’t a souls fan, but loved Sekiro, I have been enjoying this game a lot. The freedom to choose how I want to approach a fight, and the shorter distances between rest points has taken away the discouragement of being able to recover runes. This guide was a huge help that leveled and increased my flask count, and raised my weapon level. I followed the suggested path and it took less than an hour even when I got distracted exploring. Happy hunting!
https://youtu.be/tx9IsK8qhg4

I'm trying to play this time without any guides or tips.  I want to find everything on my own.  As a result, I'm taking it very slowly.  I haven't even upgraded my weapon once yet and I'm close to 20 hours in.  Finally beat that guy at the beginning of the storm castle
Margit The Fell Omen
and, wow, the place that opens up after that is amazing.  So many places to go - I haven't even found where the eventual (and inevitable) boss is.  The night before last I spent several hours just exploring the area I got to by accident (read my previous post's spoilers) where I was seriously under-leveled but had fun trying to see what I could get anyway.

I haven't upgraded my weapon because so far the upgrade stones seem very hard to get in quantity and I was hoping for a better spear.  I'm still on my starter short spear and I know previous games had something like a winged spear.  So I'm trying to wait till I get a better one before pouring resources into it.  Problem is it barely scratches some of the bosses, though my fire spells tend to make up for that.

I have stumbled upon a few flask upgrades and lots of ashes of war and the summon ghost things.  Though from what I've seen so far the latter are pretty useless. I haven't found that health regen item yet, but I started my character off with the extra health one and I can't see taking that off for health regen anyway.

Also last night I spent a few hours just on this:
I opened up the imp statue in the very starting area to get past the white fog.  Made it past the chariots of death and stumbled into a boss room with a completely un-killable rage machine of a boss (though I think it was some sort of twisted fire breathing tree thing).  I guess that will have to wait until *much* later.

size of liurna is making my head pop. im like 25 hours in and i feel like im nowhere near the middle
dont play open world games much anymore but overall enjoying myself.

How valuable are credits in Gran Turismo? I haven't played since 6 and don't really recall ever being in a credit crunch, but I was also surprised by how hard money was to come by in GTAV compared to previous titles in that series.

I am debating whether to pre-order and if I do, whether to go for the anniversary edition.

Is Elden Ring a must buy or should I wait to see if performance updates are made for PS5? Digital Foundry recommended to play the PS4 version on PS5 for better frame rate so I am wondering if any CAGs have noticed frame rate issues? Thanks in advance.

I could have sworn that i stopped auto renew for ps+, but it just auto renewed using my existing balance. Is there any way to undo that and get my credit back? Or am I just screwed

Is Elden Ring a must buy or should I wait to see if performance updates are made for PS5? Digital Foundry recommended to play the PS4 version on PS5 for better frame rate so I am wondering if any CAGs have noticed frame rate issues? Thanks in advance.
theres some drops occasionally but nothing crazy, personally im unbothered.

imo nothing better will be released this year and unless you have your hands full with something else its worth it to pick it up now

right now is the best time to play because even if i wanted to spoil the game for myself it would be a challenge to do so

theres some drops occasionally but nothing crazy, personally im unbothered.
imo nothing better will be released this year and unless you have your hands full with something else its worth it to pick it up now

right now is the best time to play because even if i wanted to spoil the game for myself it would be a challenge to do so
Thank you for the response! Now to decide on physical or digital.

Awesome, Pacman Championship Edition finally available on the PS4 in the Museum+ compilation! It's not the DX version unfortunately, but I'll take it!

Thank you for the response! Now to decide on physical or digital.
Also, if you are worried about fps drops on PS5 (which are really not a big deal at least to me), you can install the PS4 version on PS5, and it runs at a locked 60fps. Just a small tip. Game is completely worth it by the way.

Also, if you are worried about fps drops on PS5 (which are really not a big deal at least to me), you can install the PS4 version on PS5, and it runs at a locked 60fps. Just a small tip. Game is completely worth it by the way.
Thank you for the advice!

Quick Elden Ring thoughts...

1) Can't believe how good it looks. Demon's Souls PS5 is probably technically prettier in static shots, but the animations in this are so much better.

2) Such a big game. My mind is blown.

3) Combat feels great and much deeper this time around.

4) I love the progression curve, it's pretty great.

5) The mount is actually amazing.

It doesn't feel like anything I've ever played before overall.

1) Can't believe how good it looks. Demon's Souls PS5 is probably technically prettier in static shots, but the animations in this are so much better.

I have pretty much the same impressions. I never played the previous Demon Souls games but Sekiro is my first time really going through one of From Software's games. I recall playing Ninja Blade many years ago and really enjoying it, but that was about all I can remember with it. Elden Rings is just more up my alley as far as the game setting and I keep telling myself this is what I'd love an open world game in Middle Earth to play like.

I'm about 10 hours into Elden Rings and I must say it has me addicted and I feel bad for neglecting the copy of Dying Light 2 I got the week prior.

I love elden ring right now. Huge map and definitely not slow like their old games. What it has over sekiro(my fav game from them) is the builds. U can be really op when u mix the right stats and weapons. I always judge these games by the parry system and u can actually apply parry to ur shield. Not everyone would know how to parry early in the game I guess which isn’t good?

I do experience frame drops and it kinda bothers me but it’s understandable since it’s a huge world and also graphics look better than I thought it’d look. I wonder if vrr would do anything tho? I know ps5 doesn’t support that yet

Ditto on this. Playing on my Series X (and yes to the other poster that VRR makes a big difference so hope it comes to PS5 soon). I am addicted. The world is absolutely amazing and I feel like I’m doing better than any other souls game. I get better leveling up and taking on smaller dungeons and mini-bosses before getting the bigger ones. So much to do and so many ways to play with summoning and ashes that are a huge help with bosses. It may be just as hard as other souls games but there are more ways to make it approachable.

I love it and think it may end up being my GOAT. It’s that good to me.

The world is absolutely amazing and I feel like I’m doing better than any other souls game. I get better leveling up and taking on smaller dungeons and mini-bosses before getting the bigger ones. So much to do and so many ways to play with summoning and ashes that are a huge help with bosses. It may be just as hard as other souls games but there are more ways to make it approachable.

I love it and think it may end up being my GOAT. It’s that good to me.
Yes I'll have to agree that this is my thoughts on my experience with the game so far. I think it is as difficult as their other games, but the player has the choice to scale the difficulty as necessary by avoiding getting into fights with enemies that are beyond their current level by going through other smaller dungeons to get XP and level up.

It's going to be pretty difficult for anything to top Elden Ring as my GotY, maybe GoW Ragnarok assuming that's still coming this year. I'm almost positive this is going to ruin all other open-world games for me going forward.

Just got my Elden Ring, but still may wait a bit to go in. Still working through about 80 Steam Fest demos haha. Mine was delayed so much I barely got it last night though. Sucks for me cause I wanted that Best Buy steelbook, but UPS have been a bit slow lately for deliveries.

I may go get the physical PS4 copy at Walmart for $49.99. That way I get PS5/PS4 versions and save a little cash.

bread's done
Back