Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
At the rate that I collect Souls games when they go cheap 3-4 years after release and then never play because of fear of difficulty and backlog anxiety, I wonder if I will be an "Elder" by the time I get to Elden Ring in my backlog.

Eh I don’t think I’ll need hp Regencif it’s barely anything and slow. I’d rather have mp regen
Mana regen is pretty useless when clearing packs refills flasks and boss fights I've found rarely require more than 1-2 mana flasks ever. HP regen in a boss fight however can buy you time if you can dodge indefinitely or top you off after a pot. Has definitely saved me quite a few times.

Anyone playing Elden Ring NEEDS to get this item ASAP. Once you get your mount, it should be the first thing:

https://youtu.be/kU2Rq07j7Yo
I've been using this since I got it and the other excellent talisman comes from the challenge room right at the beginning of the game (after tutorial boss). Gives HP, STA, and equip load which can be acquired immediately if you chose the key as your starter item or you can just grab one near one of the shacks not far into the game. Erdree's Favor for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elden ring has me so hooked I’m not even that pumped for GT7 this week, even though I was real hyped a week ago.
I feel bad for all the games releasing right now, because they foolishly stacked it all in this one month time-frame. Horrible time to be a reviewer because you can't even enjoy them all right now.

Meanwhile I had this hilarious jousting match with a boss when I was waaaaaaaaaaaay too low level for the fight. I don't feel bad at all since I was stuck on him for two hours. :lol:

At the rate that I collect Souls games when they go cheap 3-4 years after release and then never play because of fear of difficulty and backlog anxiety, I wonder if I will be an "Elder" by the time I get to Elden Ring in my backlog.
Same looking forward to picking it up eventually. Just started Horizon 2 & then knocking Seikero out of the backlog. Elden Ring is after that. It'll probably be slightly cheaper by then. It'll probably be May when I get it.

Same looking forward to picking it up eventually. Just started Horizon 2 & then knocking Seikero out of the backlog. Elden Ring is after that. It'll probably be slightly cheaper by then. It'll probably be May when I get it.
Damn u got two great games right before elden ring. I still haven’t received Horizon but after getting elden ring, that’ll be backlogged for now lol.

I think what people should definitely get in elden ring though is barricade shield. Oh and that nice jellyfish

I love elden ring right now. Huge map and definitely not slow like their old games. What it has over sekiro(my fav game from them) is the builds. U can be really op when u mix the right stats and weapons. I always judge these games by the parry system and u can actually apply parry to ur shield. Not everyone would know how to parry early in the game I guess which isn’t good?
I have never been able to parry in a Souls game. I also had a hell of a time with the timing of the gun shot parries in Bloodborne (which I just played last month). I just don't get it - never works for me. And despite that, I've managed to plat most of those games, so it definitely isn't required.

Elden ring has me so hooked I’m not even that pumped for GT7 this week, even though I was real hyped a week ago.
Hah. I still haven't even picked up Witch King for Destiny 2, which is the game I've definitely put the most time ever into. I'll get to it eventually, even as just something to break up my Elden Ring sessions but so far all I want to do each day is get back into Elden Ring. I think I'm 30 hours into the game now. Still haven't beaten Godrick, but I keep finding other places to go.

Mana regen is pretty useless when clearing packs refills flasks and boss fights I've found rarely require more than 1-2 mana flasks ever. HP regen in a boss fight however can buy you time if you can dodge indefinitely or top you off after a pot. Has definitely saved me quite a few times.
Yay! I found the health regen talisman all on my own last night. It was so far away from the starting area I was surprised people claim it can be gotten so early. I mean sure, you can get there pretty easily if you know where to go, but it's definitely not something you find right away normally (especially as it is the opposite way from where the game initially tells you to go).

I've been using this since I got it and the other excellent talisman comes from the challenge room right at the beginning of the game (after tutorial boss). Gives HP, STA, and equip load which can be acquired immediately if you chose the key as your starter item or you can just grab one near one of the shacks not far into the game. Erdree's Favor for reference.
OK, I'm trying to avoid spoilers but WTF!? I went through this area the other day (posted about it in this thread) and never got this item. I got everything I think up to the boss. But the boss was so OP I didn't think I could beat it any time soon. Is this from the boss or did I miss it before that? I could really use that equip load boost! (And yeah I still don't want to spoil too much so I don't want to look at the link just yet).

OK, I'm trying to avoid spoilers but WTF!? I went through this area the other day (posted about it in this thread) and never got this item. I got everything I think up to the boss. But the boss was so OP I didn't think I could beat it any time soon. Is this from the boss or did I miss it before that? I could really use that equip load boost! (And yeah I still don't want to spoil too much so I don't want to look at the link just yet).
There's a narrow "bridge" part in that area where you have to outrun something. Instead of running across that, nudge (DON'T RUN) yourself over the edge to drop down to a secret area.

There's a narrow "bridge" part in that area where you have to outrun something. Instead of running across that, nudge (DON'T RUN) yourself over the edge to drop down to a secret area.
Motherf*!%^%er, thanks. I would have never found that! I know exactly what part you are talking about. I had to book it on that part and could barely get the item that was sitting out in the open - never thought there might be something below. But I should know better and always assume there's something below or in the lift shafts, etc. Anyways, I know what I'm gonna do first thing tonight now.

By the way, are there actually any hidden paths in this game? By that I mean where you strike a wall and it disappears. I'm surprised I haven't seen any yet people troll all over the place with the comments. I swear the two most common comments are trolling about hidden paths and
try fingers, but hole

yes theres illusory walls and a ton of hidden stuff that requires you to do platforming

i was looking up a jump that i was failing to make and i couldnt even find any reference of it anywhere

found a crossbow and a wizard head item there

Motherf*!%^%er, thanks. I would have never found that! I know exactly what part you are talking about. I had to book it on that part and could barely get the item that was sitting out in the open - never thought there might be something below. But I should know better and always assume there's something below or in the lift shafts, etc. Anyways, I know what I'm gonna do first thing tonight now.

By the way, are there actually any hidden paths in this game? By that I mean where you strike a wall and it disappears. I'm surprised I haven't seen any yet people troll all over the place with the comments. I swear the two most common comments are trolling about hidden paths and
try fingers, but hole
That boss is the toughest one I've faced so far. Luckily I got it's health down to 40% and for some odd reason it glitched and didn't move(I'm not complaining). Me and my last remaining spirit wolf finished it off and the items you get from it are worth the hassle. Btw I'm lvl 30 with no special/good armor or weapons(Im 1000% melee only). My stats are pretty much even. Basically I'm the worst at this game and yet I've been fine(8 or 9 bosses defeated so far and a giant ass bear).

Also does anyone else feel like it's cheating when you use a npc for one of the main bosses? I'm about to face the 2nd main boss later tonight but between me, the computer character, and my three lvl 2 spirit wolves, we DESTROYED Margit so quickly it wasn't even funny. I wasted Runes buying the special item to make that fight easier.

I just got a ps4 pro with a damaged disc drive. I have a series X and a switch. What are the must have exclusives for the ps4 and are there any that are greatly enhanced by the pro?

I just got a ps4 pro with a damaged disc drive. I have a series X and a switch. What are the must have exclusives for the ps4 and are there any that are greatly enhanced by the pro?
I'd say the exclusives off the PS5 collection games is a good place to start

PlayStation Plus Collection game list: Every title for PS Plus subscribers on PS5 | GamesRadar+

That boss is the toughest one I've faced so far. Luckily I got it's health down to 40% and for some odd reason it glitched and didn't move(I'm not complaining). Me and my last remaining spirit wolf finished it off and the items you get from it are worth the hassle. Btw I'm lvl 30 with no special/good armor or weapons(Im 1000% melee only). My stats are pretty much even. Basically I'm the worst at this game and yet I've been fine(8 or 9 bosses defeated so far and a giant ass bear).

Also does anyone else feel like it's cheating when you use a npc for one of the main bosses? I'm about to face the 2nd main boss later tonight but between me, the computer character, and my three lvl 2 spirit wolves, we DESTROYED Margit so quickly it wasn't even funny. I wasted Runes buying the special item to make that fight easier.
I'm like level 35 or so now, but I tried that boss (and Godrick) a while ago and haven't been back. But on Godrick I was trying to to help others and we'd only get like 10% of his health gone before getting nuked. I did get to the second stage once at least.

I'd say the exclusives off the PS5 collection games is a good place to start
PlayStation Plus Collection game list: Every title for PS Plus subscribers on PS5 | GamesRadar+

I'm like level 35 or so now, but I tried that boss (and Godrick) a while ago and haven't been back. But on Godrick I was trying to to help others and we'd only get like 10% of his health gone before getting nuked. I did get to the second stage once at least.
Get the barricade shield and u probably should be set

Get the barricade shield and u probably should be set
It may be my weapons choices too. I've gone with spears. My son just started a game up as a Samurai and I noticed with his Uchigatana he's killing some of the starting enemies so much easier than I did.

I do have the heater shield with 100% damage reduction. But it is small so I probably get staggered pretty easy with it too. I'll see if I have the barricade one. I have lots of bigger shields, but they are heavy so that means downgrading my armor.

It may be my weapons choices too. I've gone with spears. My son just started a game up as a Samurai and I noticed with his Uchigatana he's killing some of the starting enemies so much easier than I did.
Oh yeah dual wield is good too if you’re good enough at dodging. Mine’s a samurai but I still use a shield cuz I love to block then R2 afterwards

Before I get myself killed again, are you talking about an area where there’s fire?

Not at all. I'm grateful for the aggro distraction at least.

Before I get myself killed again, are you talking about an area where there’s fire?
If you're asking whether the secret area contains the fire and not the part leading up to it, then yes.

try fingers, but hole
Funnily enough, I stumbled upon a mini-dungeon last night that had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR (at least) hidden paths, one of which led to the boss for that location.

If anyone is curious about the name of this place, it's
Road's End Catacombs, on the western side of the Weeping Peninsula.

Yay, I got the item from the beginning secret area.  I didn't have trouble with the fire (though it got me the first time, there was a comment about how to beat it).  But the enemies down in that hallway after you drop down kept murdering me until I realized I could wait until one walked away a bit and then take them one at a time.  And then the enemies around the item were super aggro and almost impossible for me to damage.  I just got the item and eventually died trying to finish them off.  At least Souls games don't take your newly found items away - that would be a bit too much ;).

And then, after a few frustrating attempts on Godrick late at night (like 3am) I just randomly got matched up with 2 pro summons who made it look easy and beat him.  My job was to not die and to lob fire when I could.  At the end they both simultaneously did some sort of spitting fire/sparks move that finished him off. (Well, actually, I got to do a jump attack to deliver the final blow which was satisfying!).  But I was like WTF did they just do?  I've never seen that before and it was funny for two unrelated summons to do the same thing like they were in on strategy together.

Anyway, since a whole new area opened up plus all the ring shard stuff I just had to play for another few hours when I had been about to hang it up for the night on Godrick.

And in between those two things I cleared out
the castle the far south of the starting area and got that awesome 40 strength GOT-style sword.  I had no idea that was a thing - too bad I'll probably never be able to use it.

Also got one of the very stingy trophies for this game there (and later when I beat Godrick).  I think I'm close to 40 hours in and have a whopping 5 trophies ;) (and got 3 just last night).

What I love about this game is seeing these summons (and also messages with emotes and bloodstain videos) use strategies and attacks and weapons and armor that I have no idea where they got it all from.  I want all of it of course, and I am tempted to look into spoilers but I really love just stumbling upon things on my own.

My 14 year-old son wanted to start playing and I was helping him get started and he kept finding stuff in the starting area that I had missed, even though I thought I had been all over it.  I had to go back and clean some of that up in my own session last night.  And then as I got past the Godrick area into a fresh part of the map I'm seeing messages that say I'm just getting started.  I love it.

I got past the fire part but didn’t know about what happens in that room when you try to get the item. And wow, killed instantly. I’ll keep trying.

Do you like games other people often hate? Have Nostalgia for the PS2 era? Are you a Front Mission fan? Left Alive might be the game for you, and it's only $9 right now. It's a very difficult stealth game with extreme ammo and resource limitations. Reminds me a lot of the early Metal Gear games. I enjoyed it quite a lot despite the fact that it is extremely flawed.

If you're a weird gamer and want to try something different, I can recommend it assuming you can tolerate a fair bit of weirdness. FWIW I liked Metal Gear Survive so you know what you're getting with this recommendation.

Best Buy shipped my GT7 preorder through ontrac. Pray for me,
Mine shipped via UPS next day, so I'm actually hopeful that it will show up tomorrow... not that I will have time to do anything other than install it until Sunday, but it'll be nice if it actually shows up on release day.

My GT7 from the GameStop $15 glitch shipped today as well. I’m not much of a sim racer. Generally prefer games along the Forza Horizon/GRID/NFS arcadey style but with the great reviews and $20 off (had a $5 cert), I decided to grab it. Anxious to give it a go (with a bunch of assist settings on, lol).

try fingers, but hole
Lol that's baby trolling; next level is "If only I had a giant... Pickle!" near all the women at Round Table.

I do have the heater shield with 100% damage reduction. But it is small so I probably get staggered pretty easy with it too. I'll see if I have the barricade one. I have lots of bigger shields, but they are heavy so that means downgrading my armor.
There's also summons in the game which is new, not to be confused with player summons. If you've made your way to that boss then you've no doubt crossed paths with the woman at the shack on the path there. She'll give you an excellent tank summon that can pull aggro off you if you ignore the boss and run for a few seconds. Might help if you're not already using it.

Just as an FYI, I'd humbly suggest keeping at least one full upgrade set of items available for your summons for a specific one later on after you defeat another elden lord. People have quickly decided it's the best summon in the game and fully customizable pre-fight to be whatever you need. I just got mine to +10 last night and it's a beast.
It can solo bosses given a chance.

I got past the fire part but didn’t know about what happens in that room when you try to get the item. And wow, killed instantly. I’ll keep trying.
Just run past them and grab the item you see at the end of the path. I managed to do that and actually get all the way back to the area you drop down to, but I wanted to kill at least one of the things so I kept at it and eventually died. It can be hard to get past since they are so big, but I just did a lot of rolling and made it.

There's also summons in the game which is new, not to be confused with player summons. If you've made your way to that boss then you've no doubt crossed paths with the woman at the shack on the path there. She'll give you an excellent tank summon that can pull aggro off you if you ignore the boss and run for a few seconds. Might help if you're not already using it.
I have never used the (white ghost-like) summons on bosses. I use the wolves on outdoor encounters and boy do they make things easy there sometimes. I've only upgraded them like twice so far. Good to know about the later one. So if I'm just entering the area after Godrick I won't see that for a bit though, right? That's the kind of stuff I don't mind knowing about in advance (saving summon upgrade materials). Like, I know you can probably buy the starting level weapon upgrade stones at some point so I have finally been using the ones I find. But at some point those become precious - like in Bloodborne there being only one item per play-through to get to +10.

I'm not sure what to do with the remembrance thing from
Godrick. Which weapon would you suggest going with? I assume now it is going to be a new game+ situation to get all the weapons since you can only choose one of two now. I was leaning towards the second one since it looks like the first is just another high-strength mega-weapon, and I know there will be lots of those (and I already have some).

I'm also trying to figure out how
the paintings that you find relate to the rememberances. Are those other weapons you can now get from finger-lady? It's really hard to tell where those are based on the fuzzy small paintings though. I assume you just go there and find something to interact with? Or are they pointing me to boss areas like Godrick? God damn there's so much mystery with this game (I love it!).

Maybe we need to have an Elden Ring thread somewhere. I'm not sure which forum is appropriate since it's cross-platform.

Just run past them and grab the item you see at the end of the path. I managed to do that and actually get all the way back to the area you drop down to, but I wanted to kill at least one of the things so I kept at it and eventually died. It can be hard to get past since they are so big, but I just did a lot of rolling and made it.

I have never used the (white ghost-like) summons on bosses. I use the wolves on outdoor encounters and boy do they make things easy there sometimes. I've only upgraded them like twice so far. Good to know about the later one. So if I'm just entering the area after Godrick I won't see that for a bit though, right? That's the kind of stuff I don't mind knowing about in advance (saving summon upgrade materials). Like, I know you can probably buy the starting level weapon upgrade stones at some point so I have finally been using the ones I find. But at some point those become precious - like in Bloodborne there being only one item per play-through to get to +10.

I'm not sure what to do with the remembrance thing from
Godrick. Which weapon would you suggest going with? I assume now it is going to be a new game+ situation to get all the weapons since you can only choose one of two now. I was leaning towards the second one since it looks like the first is just another high-strength mega-weapon, and I know there will be lots of those (and I already have some).

I'm also trying to figure out how
the paintings that you find relate to the rememberances. Are those other weapons you can now get from finger-lady? It's really hard to tell where those are based on the fuzzy small paintings though. I assume you just go there and find something to interact with? Or are they pointing me to boss areas like Godrick? God damn there's so much mystery with this game (I love it!).

Maybe we need to have an Elden Ring thread somewhere. I'm not sure which forum is appropriate since it's cross-platform.
Rememberances are boss souls; same functionality. I can warn you that they once again made the game a little more casual in that you're able to dupe boss souls in your current play-through for a limited number of times. Makes it so you can get both items from a boss soul if you really want them, plus obvious trophy benefits if used on harder/late game bosses. None of the boss items seem particularly great early on that I've seen, so you can save them for now.

The paintings I have no idea TBH. I've found a couple and haven't gotten around to exploring what they're for. Nobody has mentioned it so I don't think they're a huge deal, at least for now.

Yeah, I finally sort of got past this using rolling. I forget that you actually keep items (or at least some of them) even if you die after you pick them up. So I rolled to get the talisman and got killed by one of the crabs(?). But still kept it, lol. I’m happy enough with that.

Rememberances are boss souls; same functionality. I can warn you that they once again made the game a little more casual in that you're able to dupe boss souls in your current play-through for a limited number of times. Makes it so you can get both items from a boss soul if you really want them, plus obvious trophy benefits if used on harder/late game bosses. None of the boss items seem particularly great early on that I've seen, so you can save them for now.

The paintings I have no idea TBH. I've found a couple and haven't gotten around to exploring what they're for. Nobody has mentioned it so I don't think they're a huge deal, at least for now.
Oooohh, good to know. So you can dup them, but only a limited amount (and thus not each boss soul)? The second weapon from Godrick looked interesting. It had a fire component and scaled with Faith, too, which is good for my build.

Ugh I really don't want to look up how all the late-game stuff works but I also hate getting locked out from a trophy because of some stupid trivial decision early on. I wish they didn't do that kind of stuff. I can see that there is a trophy for getting all the "legendary" weapons (and talismans, etc). I have no idea what those are - it's a new concept to a Souls game as far as I remember. Are the ones from Godrick not "legendary"? I think in at least one of the games you had to get *every* weapon for a trophy. As a result, I've been buying everything from every merchant I run into. Maybe I don't need to do that if it is just "legendary" you need to collect? I was surprised how (relatively) easy the Bloodborne trophies were. I didn't have to get every emote and weapon in that game for example. Maybe they've gone more in that direction.

Yeah, I finally sort of got past this using rolling. I forget that you actually keep items (or at least some of them) even if you die after you pick them up. So I rolled to get the talisman and got killed by one of the crabs(?). But still kept it, lol. I’m happy enough with that.
You keep everything but your runes (souls). That makes Dark Souls/Elden Ring games not nearly as hardcore as some people like to make them out to be. You very rarely don't make any progress on a run as you usually at least get some items, even if they are just drops from enemies. And of course doors/shortcuts you open remain open. If every time you died it reset you back to like a previous save point, that would be brutal. On the other hand, you also don't get back any items you *use* during a run either, which is why I tend to be stingy with usable items in these games.

Ugh I really don't want to look up how all the late-game stuff works but I also hate getting locked out from a trophy because of some stupid trivial decision early on. I wish they didn't do that kind of stuff. I can see that there is a trophy for getting all the "legendary" weapons (and talismans, etc). I have no idea what those are - it's a new concept to a Souls game as far as I remember. Are the ones from Godrick not "legendary"? I think in at least one of the games you had to get *every* weapon for a trophy. As a result, I've been buying everything from every merchant I run into. Maybe I don't need to do that if it is just "legendary" you need to collect? I was surprised how (relatively) easy the Bloodborne trophies were. I didn't have to get every emote and weapon in that game for example. Maybe they've gone more in that direction.
Without spoiling too much, the legendary things needed for the various trophies explicitly state in their descriptions that they are "one of the legendary ____". AFAIK, none of the weapons/items from redeeming boss souls are required for trophies.

As far as missable ones go, there seem to only be 2 weapons, one that can be obtained early on and one in late-game:

1) At the Warmaster's Shack in Limgrave, kill the NPC there; he can relocate if you progress too far. I don't think he's too difficult if you were able to kill Godrick.

2) Without naming late-game locations, the other missable legendary weapon is near a corpse of particular size in a city.

So much stuff in the whole big map I wish you could at least mark some locations you’ve already cleared like tunnels, evergaols, etc. I’ve mainly just explored and beat a “bunch” of bosses but pretty sure not that many main bosses. Margit, godrick, renalla, I tried radhan but goddamn I might be hella under leveled for him who knows. Idk if 20 vigor will cut it. Summoned everyone and usually one clean hit he kills me lol

Without spoiling too much, the legendary things needed for the various trophies explicitly state in their descriptions that they are "one of the legendary ____". AFAIK, none of the weapons/items from redeeming boss souls are required for trophies.

As far as missable ones go, there seem to only be 2 weapons, one that can be obtained early on and one in late-game:

1) At the Warmaster's Shack in Limgrave, kill the NPC there; he can relocate if you progress too far. I don't think he's too difficult if you were able to kill Godrick.
2) Without naming late-game locations, the other missable legendary weapon is near a corpse of particular size in a city.
I might need some clarification on both of those missables. Feel free to spoiler tag or PM.
So much stuff in the whole big map I wish you could at least mark some locations you’ve already cleared like tunnels, evergaols, etc. I’ve mainly just explored and beat a “bunch” of bosses but pretty sure not that many main bosses. Margit, godrick, renalla, I tried radhan but goddamn I might be hella under leveled for him who knows. Idk if 20 vigor will cut it. Summoned everyone and usually one clean hit he kills me lol
You can manually mark things on the map with those greenish tokens. I've been doing that for NPC locations and places that I cleared out minus the boss.

I'm also all for a separate Elden Ring thread if anyone cares to do it.

I might need some clarification on both of those missables. Feel free to spoiler tag or PM. You can manually mark things on the map with those greenish tokens. I've been doing that for NPC locations and places that I cleared out minus the boss.

I'm also all for a separate Elden Ring thread if anyone cares to do it.
U mean the blue line things on map that shows up on your world? If ur talking about that idk why but seems like they get removed automatically after some time

No, not the blue markers. They get removed automatically when you get to the marked location.

I'm talking about the circular badge/medallion things. Various different options. Sword, skull, treasure chest, etc.

No, not the blue markers. They get removed automatically when you get to the marked location.

I'm talking about the circular badge/medallion things. Various different options. Sword, skull, treasure chest, etc.
Jesus Christ I just looked it up on google and this dude who posted it said he’s played for 50 hours and just found out there are a bunch of marker options. I’ll definitely check it out later! Thanks!

Easy to get the "early game" weapon on New Game+ if you don't want to kill the Warmaster.

bread's done
Back