Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I have the game already. Installed it last night but haven’t had a chance to play it. I’ll post some initial thoughts tonight hopefully.
Oh wow, how'd you get it early? Would love to hear some impressions. Have it pre ordered from the target b2g1 but I'm on the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schmups such as....? I don't remember the names they are so many just search the category in the deals section. I went through all the games and picked out all the games picking up all that looked good to me and got all the shoot em ups I ran across on sale ranging from 1.99 to 7.49 range. Weird names all of them.

I'm betting it's last year's sale.  If you sort from newest to oldest, there are no titles included on sale that was released over the past year (since March 2021.)  I can't imagine they wouldn't include any games over the past year.

So many games to dig through.  Here are my thoughts on a few random ones:

- Pixeljunk Monsters 2 Deluxe Edition for $3.29 is a hell of a deal.  Great local co-op tower defense game.

- Crypt of the NecroDancer for $2.99, good price for anyone who hasn't played it yet.  Really well-known rhythm+roguelike mashup.

- Momodora for $2.99 is a good deal, another popular indie.

- OlliOlli World ($24) - I picked this up on launch as a huge fan of OlliOlli, but it's a small step down in quality and a huge step up in price.  Stick with OlliOlli.

State of Play Summary:

First time I've seen a State of Play where there wasn't a single game that I was interested in.  

Hope others found something for them in there.  

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/09/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-cowabunga-collection-launches-this-year/

Details on the TMNT Collection from Digital Eclipse:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection is a collection of thirteen previously released video games from the Arcade, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Sega Genesis, and the Nintendo Gameboy. Immensely popular and very influential games, this collection provides a unique opportunity for gamers to experience these titles with a fantastic set of new quality of life features:

• Added Online Play* for certain games and Local Couch Play!
  • Save anytime and Rewind
  • New Gameplay Modes : Boss Rush and Challenge Mode
  • Eleven Japanese Regional Titles - Release Versions
  • Button Mapping
  • HD texture updates
  • Unique Development Art & Sketches
  • Historic TMNT Media Content

Games:

TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES, Genesis, NES)

TMNT (Arcade, NES)

TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (GB)

TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)

TMNT II: Back from the Sewers (GB)

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)

TMNT III: Radical Rescue (GB)

TMNT: Turtles in Time (SNES, Arcade)

TMNT: The Hyper Stone Heist (Genesis)

Pretty awesome collection even if I only really care about Turtles in Time.

I have not played Returnal yet but why is it now called Ascension? Is it the same game but with an update that will change the name of the game? So, people that own Returnal get those new modes as an update? Is the co op and survival called Ascension?

I have not played Returnal yet but why is it now called Ascension? Is it the same game but with an update that will change the name of the game? So, people that own Returnal get those new modes as an update? Is the co op and survival called Ascension?
It's an update called Ascension that adds campaign co-op and a survival mode for free to the game for everybody to enjoy.

That was pretty weak sauce. I'm assuming Valkyrie whatever is using the Trials of Mana engine. Looks a little rough so far. Also Trek to Yomi looks a lot less impressive in action. That fighting looked really weak, but I'll buy samurai games because they're few and far between. The strategy game looks okay. The Cowabunga collection always is good. TMNT games, even the NES one, are all fun to play. I think the stuff coming soon (Strangers of Paradise, Ghostwire: Tokyo (knew it was going to be showed) ) are the best things here. I'm sure I'll play some of these on sale, but I'll probably wait for most of them.  

I enjoyed it. Excited for TMNT and especially the new Jojo fighting game which is a sequel to the 2013 game. Always wanted to play that one but never owned a PS3. Some of the other games are interesting too (Exoprimal, Gigabash (though I agree that the artstyle is disappointing)). Gundam games are always fun to mess around with. I haven't played Returnal yet but free coop and survival modes are cool, should give the game some more longevity.
If you were watching it for exclusives or first-party stuff, I can imagine why you'd be disappointed though. I had zero expectations going in.

I don't get the justification for doing that. I doubt Many people in charge are playing on the ps4\5 in Russia.
Who knows what kind of propaganda Putin is feeding the Russian people; if their media isn't blacked out. If some of my services became unavailable I would try to find out what's up.

Did Sony decide to plug Gran Turismo 7 in that message? Saying they were suspending all software had it covered.

Who knows what kind of propaganda Putin is feeding the Russian people; if their media isn't blacked out. If some of my services became unavailable I would try to find out what's up.
Did Sony decide to plug Gran Turismo 7 in that message? Saying they were suspending all software had it covered.
They were protesting in st Petersburg according to the news at the start of it.

I don't get the justification for doing that. I doubt Many people in charge are playing on the ps4\5 in Russia.
It's not rocket surgery

These cutoffs and suspensions on services don't impact people in charge. Sony isn't stopping sales because oh shit Putin was really hyped for GT7 and this'll teach him. This impacts the people. The regular Josephs trying to enjoy whatever they can in their lives. Now they can't because their dick-tater insists on being a warmonger.

You make the people angry and that's when the people in charge will start feeling it.

The president of Ukraine called upon businesses the world over to stop doing any business with Russia. I am assuming his reasoning is that it will hurt the Russian economy, which will trickle down to defundind the Russian troops and ending the war. Nobody wants the war except Pootin, so naturally places like Sony and what-not are going to withdraw from doing business in Russia in order to show support and solidarity with the Ukraine. And that's great, the sooner the war ends, the better.

The problem is that Russian citizens are also getting the shaft because of it. I have a few Russian guys on my PS friend list from a few years ago when we met up to help each other get the Platinum in The Crew. They were nice guys, spoke decent English, were friendly, helpful and really appreciative of all the help they received in getting such a difficult platinum. I can't imagine any of them being supportive of what their leader is doing.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "The American President". After the Libyans bomb a (peaceful) American base stationed in Isreal, the US president chooses to make a proportional response and bomb one of theirs. He wants the least causalities, so he decides to do it in the middle of the night when the fewest people would be working. He's naturally feeling bad about it, and one of his advisers says that what he did was very presidential. The president responds that right now, there was a janitor in Libya working the night shift, going about his business, and he has no idea that in about an hour from now, he's going to die in a massive explosion and that he just did the least presidential thing he does.

Right now, the Russian people are being punished for the sins of the father. Because of their president's war, they're losing goods and services, their economy is tanking, and their way of life has drastically changed. Is that as bad as what Pootin is doing to the people of Ukraine? Of course not, but is cutting off the Russia citizens a proportional response when they have no part in any of this and are not even supportive of their president? Can't help but feel bad for everyone being affected due to the whims of a power-hungry madman.

In before the thread cleanup.

You know who else can't play Gran Tursimo?  The Ukrainians that are being shelled into paste while trying to flee their country.

https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick/status/1501933148040400908
I was very excited about the release of this table when it was announced. I understand the reasoning behind the pricing but I can't justify that price for only one table. If it was a three pack from the films sure I would be all in but for just one I will wait for a sale.

Sucks I seriously have no time for horizon dying light 2 and gt 7 all because of elden ring. It’s annoying all the great games came out so close to each other. What is even there to by hyped about later this year aside from GOW?
Annoyed? Because the game expires? If you were a cag you’d buy and play when time and save dollar bucks but you preordered them all and probably got disc protection from GameStop.

Sucks I seriously have no time for horizon dying light 2 and gt 7 all because of elden ring. It’s annoying all the great games came out so close to each other. What is even there to by hyped about later this year aside from GOW?
Confirmed for the end of the year AFAIK: Forspoken, Saint's Row, Gotham Knights, Starfield.

Probably coming out: Breath of the Wild 2, Atomic Heart, GoW: Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, Mario Rabbidz 2, Redfall, Kirby Switch, Splatoon 3, Star Ocean, etc, etc. etc.

Don't worry, there's still plenty coming in 2022.

bread's done
Back