Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Now that I'm signed up for PS Now, I started playing the PS3 version of Tales of Cold Steel.  I know that the PS4 version has more complete audio and higher resolutions, but I'm enjoying the PS3 version of the game quite a bit in the early going. 

Now that I'm signed up for PS Now, I started playing the PS3 version of Tales of Cold Steel. I know that the PS4 version has more complete audio and higher resolutions, but I'm enjoying the PS3 version of the game quite a bit in the early going.
It's fine and barely noticeable outside of the main character so it's more than playable. If you didn't update it there's a random chance where you harvest septeth or whatever on the map in the nord highlands later in the game that gives you max amounts for each iirc. Sadly I didn't get it to trigger.

It's fine and barely noticeable outside of the main character so it's more than playable. If you didn't update it there's a random chance where you harvest septeth or whatever on the map in the nord highlands later in the game that gives you max amounts for each iirc. Sadly I didn't get it to trigger.
Yeah, with the PSNow version, I'm not sure if that can happen for me. Either way, I didn't expect the PS3 streaming to work as well as it does. I don't detect any lag when playing the game. Being an RPG probably helps a good deal as far as latency though.

Yeah, with the PSNow version, I'm not sure if that can happen for me. Either way, I didn't expect the PS3 streaming to work as well as it does. I don't detect any lag when playing the game. Being an RPG probably helps a good deal as far as latency though.
When I first used PS Now (likely right when it started) it was awful trying to play online. I was also surprised at how well their streaming worked now. I only played old PS games and GTA Vice City but once they loaded they ran perfectly. The game selection is not the greatest but hopefully that changes in June.

It also helps that cold steel is hardly a demanding game. Besides some lag when you skip attack animations and go straight to the victory screen or when riding your horse/bike and there's fish monsters swimming about in the air.

Now that I'm signed up for PS Now, I started playing the PS3 version of Tales of Cold Steel. I know that the PS4 version has more complete audio and higher resolutions, but I'm enjoying the PS3 version of the game quite a bit in the early going.
I played through 1 & 2 on Now and enjoyed them both. Started 3 on the PS4 and I don't know if maybe I was burned out on the series but I didn't enjoy it much at the beginning so I put it down. May have to pick it back up again soon as I still have 4 to play also.

I was thinking of getting Yakuza Like a Dragon with the dlc if it's worth playing since the complete edition is at it's lowest price, anyone think the extra jobs and stuff are worth it? If the DLC doesn't really add much I'm cool with waiting for the base game to drop lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they are fixing GT7 but all these maintenance periods are keeping me from finishing up the Cafe menus.

At least the roulette isn't a scam anymore. I actually got a free car for the first time and $1 million (the stack of gold bricks) before they went offline earlier.

Chrono Cross still has one of my favorite soundtracks. I don't think I fully beat it as a kid. I want to, but may wait for patches, or just order the Switch Asia and hope it's better someday.

Good luck as the word around the water cooler has been that it's a really bad port with worse load times and such than the original ps1 version on the ps1.
It all seemed perfectly fine to me. Nothing amazing about it, but it's in line with the other PS1 JRPGs they've remastered like FF7-9. At least there are no mobile-style dialog boxes, text, and menus in Chrono Cross.

Good luck as the word around the water cooler has been that it's a really bad port with worse load times and such than the original ps1 version on the ps1.
It's the frame rate that's the issue, not the load times. And frame rate was always an issue in the original, but this version's worse, at least in the new graphics mode - in classic mode it's exactly the same as the PS1 original.

Hopefully they can improve the performance through a patch or two.

Chrono Cross still has one of my favorite soundtracks. I don't think I fully beat it as a kid. I want to, but may wait for patches, or just order the Switch Asia and hope it's better someday.
As a kid, I was beyond hyped. Would turn on my PlayStation every morning before school just to see/hear Scars of Time.

And then I finally got around to playing it. Woof.

The game has its fans and defenders, and good for them. I wish I could enjoy it, truly.

I also never finished it when I first tried it, so I went back and did it in 2020. Slightly cathartic since I always regretted never beating it, but it wasn't very satisfying.

Amazing music, though. Chrono Trigger still GOAT.

If you have Fall Guys, there's a new version of the game on the store that they're switching to being the main client. So grab it since the original version will stop getting updates by May:

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1513502501198311427

Nobody Saves the World is out now and is 10% off for PS+ members until 4/29:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2045-PPSA03332_00-6824837102800807

Tape: Unveil the Mysteries has a 20% launch discount for PS+ members until 4/22:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0814-CUSA24609_00-0021838940024339

War Thunder has a free high-res texture pack out now for the PS5 version:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4432-PPSA01950_00-UBW0550000000000

There are some new free PS+ packs for Rocket League, Fortnite, Genshin Impact, and others:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/a42d9fd4-6dc5-4821-8d72-8ad971b4e32f/1

Supposedly Sony updated their banner to include Death Stranding, making it the only game shown that is made by a studio not owned by Sony.  Personally, I think that Sony bought KP and an announcement is imminent.

Article for reference:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-playstation-studios-website-banner-has-added-death-stranding-leading-to-acquisition-speculation/

Also would make sense bringing Kojima under the Sony umbrella if Sony does indeed have plans to buy Konami.

Keep in mind this is all speculation, but we all remember when Blue Box was leaked as well and turned out to be true.

Here's the video for Chrono Cross.

The battle system was the most surprising part of it, especially compared to what Chrono Trigger had. It's weird that they just throw you into the game without long intro cutscenes and it seemed like your intro party is random? I played for a few minutes just to check if it had some long intro I needed to skip, but I had Kid and the mermaid lady that time before getting Leena and Kid in the video. Once I got through the tutorial, the battle started to make more sense, but I can see how by the mid to late game, it can get cluttered. It also being a JRPG without XP being visible at any point was also a big surprise. Some of the writing is too long and messy, though the writing for Solt and Pepper as Karsh's henchmen is really well done silly humor. It's an interesting relic of a PS1 JRPG that tried to do something different and doesn't nail much of it, compared to what people would want out of an actual Chrono Trigger sequel.

Supposedly Sony updated their banner to include Death Stranding, making it the only game shown that is made by a studio not owned by Sony. Personally, I think that Sony bought KP and an announcement is imminent.

Article for reference:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-playstation-studios-website-banner-has-added-death-stranding-leading-to-acquisition-speculation/

Also would make sense bringing Kojima under the Sony umbrella if Sony does indeed have plans to buy Konami.

Keep in mind this is all speculation, but we all remember when Blue Box was leaked as well and turned out to be true.
There’s actually another article to that pointing out that the banner has been used in the past for other games not published by Sony-owned studios. And that Death Stranding was published under the PlayStation Studios label.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/04/death-stranding-added-to-playstation-studios-banner-probably-isnt-what-it-looks-like

There’s actually another article to that pointing out that the banner has been used in the past for other games not published by Sony-owned studios. And that Death Stranding was published under the PlayStation Studios label.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/04/death-stranding-added-to-playstation-studios-banner-probably-isnt-what-it-looks-like
Correct

However, all current titles shown on that banner are from Sony owned studios currently so it seems like a logical buy when you think about it given the working relationship between the two (Sony funding Kojima when he split from Konami, and Hulst basically giving him the decima engine for DS).

But like I mentioned, all speculation. I personally think that KP will be brought in under the Sony umbrella. Only a matter of time.

Twitter translated, "It sounds misleading, but Kojipro has been and will continue to be an independent production studio."

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1514822206353973249

But than again, Bluepoint Games did said something similar after the banner mixed up, so who knows. 

Twitter translated, "It sounds misleading, but Kojipro has been and will continue to be an independent production studio."

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1514822206353973249

But than again, Bluepoint Games did said something similar after the banner mixed up, so who knows.
Here’s the translated Tweet:
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1514844190819373056?s=21&t=BhpIr9pRE2n0PVtG_5E74g

And a story on Push Square thinking this should end speculation about a buyout.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/04/kojima-productions-not-being-bought-by-sony-says-hideo-kojima

Streaming some Nobody Saves the World since that's out on PS5/PS4 now. It's the newest game from Drinkbox Studios, the Guacamelee devs.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a solid Zelda-style action adventure game with the hook of having different forms to switch between, but the many quests they give for each of the forms gives it a lot of grindy feel to the combat and how you get around the world.

As a former CE guy who bought every CE under the sun, all they are all overpriced bullshit junk that does nothing lol

Digital is the move haha (least in my opinion).

Looks like it’s $150? $110 on top of the price of the vanilla release seems like a lot for what the LE offers.
I'd probably drop 80-100 on it but that would be max and just because I'm a big TMNT fan. 150 just puts everyone out for the most part I think but maybe just as many will sale at that time will tell.

$8.99 for batman arkam collection I'm in (even though I have 1 of the 3 already never even downloaded it) once I saw the 1989 batmobile and batman dlc pack which these include all DLC I think then I just bought the collection. Lego Worlds for $3.99 is a no brainer too.

I have an 8TB extended usb storage attached to my ps5. Nothing on it auto updates even though I have it in my settings to have everything auto update when on or in rest mode. The extra frustrating thing is that for some reason they also removed the manual update button that was available on PS4.

Anyone else run into a similar issue? Tips on how to fix it?

I'd suggest possibly waiting to play 3 and 4 till after you play azure and zero since those take place before 3 and 4 I read.
Good looking out, sounds like a plan!
https://www.rpgfan.com/feature/so-you-want-to-get-into-the-trails-series/
This is a really good article on getting into the games and the timeline they follow.

we really need a image to post like we used to do for atelier series back when it was just the arland and dusk trilogy's at this point. Or at least if it ever becomes as common a question in the future.

I have an 8TB extended usb storage attached to my ps5. Nothing on it auto updates even though I have it in my settings to have everything auto update when on or in rest mode. The extra frustrating thing is that for some reason they also removed the manual update button that was available on PS4.

Anyone else run into a similar issue? Tips on how to fix it?
Auto updates only happen on games you've recently played. Even with auto update settings on this is how it worked on PS4 too. At least on PS4 you could hit options and then click check for update like you said. PS5 you can only do that on games on the main tiles on the homescreen. Lots of backwards stuff on the PS5 from the PS4.

Auto updates only happen on games you've recently played. Even with auto update settings on this is how it worked on PS4 too. At least on PS4 you could hit options and then click check for update like you said. PS5 you can only do that on games on the main tiles on the homescreen. Lots of backwards stuff on the PS5 from the PS4.
Good grief. So load every game you want to check for an update? Guess that saves Sony on bandwidth charges.

Whats the best way to get PS4 No Man's Sky these days? Digital from PSNfor $30? Risk the condition via Ebay/Amazon 3rd party for a physical copy?

Regret now trading in my cheap copy last year for a nice flip without playing it...

Whats the best way to get PS4 No Man's Sky these days? Digital from PSNfor $30? Risk the condition via Ebay/Amazon 3rd party for a physical copy?

Regret now trading in my cheap copy last year for a nice flip without playing it...
I liked digital. It's a game that I want to maybe to log in for a few minutes and get some Chlorine management done and log out. I wouldn't be getting up to switch discs for that. Plus its SO SMALL of a download. Takes up no room on the SSD

Good to know that I'm not just an idiot who can't figure it out. But man this is so dumb. I was with Xfinity up until recently with a 1.2TB monthly data cap that we came close to hitting nearly every month. I made sure I only connected my external when the network was disabled. Now I have fiber with no cap and I just want to go wild and get EVERYTHING updated. It's bonkers that it's impossible to update anything even manually and that I have to launch everything in order to check if there's an update.

bread's done
Back