Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The new Golden Week sale is the first time ever that the Dragon Quest Builders 2 Season Pass and Samurai Shodown Season Pass 1 - 3 have ever been on sale. Grabbing all of them finally.

Also I was interested in The Good Life but it's only on sale on the EU store. Wtf Sony US.

How's your experience with it so far, love/hate? I have a C1 on my list for later this year. My old Vizio P series is approaching 6 years old and I'm ready for an upgrade.
It's fantastic. Lots of great gaming features for this gen and really great color accuracy right out of the box. Would definitely recommend and I'm sure the new C2 is just as good if they discontinue the C1

It is a great series and huge payoff if you start at 1 and play thorugh 4. There is NOT a lot of "previously in the last game" narrative dumps. Be prepared to sink a TON of time...i think each one took me over 80 hours. Despite the time the games never felt grindy. You see the enemies on the field before you decide to attack. Battles are great and one thing they do in this game is if you die in ANY battle there is the option to retry the battle or start from a save. I mean nothing is worse than playing for a few hours and then some regualr baddie casts a "kill" curse and wipes the team out and all your progress is lost. Looking at you Persona 5 (preparing for fanboy back lash for that comment). Again though could not recommend this series enough.

ProTip: Money is hard to come by in the first game
Is it worth jumping in, in your opinion, if you haven't kept up with the earlier Trails games? Starting with Cold Steel 1, sure, but I mean the prior series'. I'm sure nuance is ultimately missed, but it's daunting to start from square one with how many games there are and how long they each are.

Is it worth jumping in, in your opinion, if you haven't kept up with the earlier Trails games? Starting with Cold Steel 1, sure, but I mean the prior series'. I'm sure nuance is ultimately missed, but it's daunting to start from square one with how many games there are and how long they each are.
I have put some time into the first Trails in the Sky but haven't found my way back to it yet. I am liking Cold Steel and know that there is some lore that I have missed, but it is definitely enjoyable.

Sony detailed the upgrade path when you have both Plus and Now subscriptions active: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/

"If you are subscribed to both PS+ and PS Now when the new PlayStation Plus launches, you will be migrated into the PlayStation Plus Premium plan and you will have a new single payment date based on whichever subscription is set to end last."
So if I have 2 years left on PS+ and 3 on PS now, that's the same as having 2 months left on PS+ and 3 on PS now. Neat. Sony is once again doing the bare minimum, a considerably less generous thing than their competition. Gonna be great when they are no longer on top so they have to start giving value propositions again...

There are some nice transfer bonuses if you play the PSNow version of Trails of Cold Steel and then start the PS4 version.  Costumes, Mira and Max points for all link sessions.  That's a pretty solid bonus for upgrading.  

The sky trio is dated and your only option basically is PC for those. Azure and zero aren't released yet but they take place around the same time as cs1 and 2 or so I've read.

I started cold steel 1. It's ok but the story is completely back ended to the point where most of it feels like padding. honestly you could practically skip 1 and go straight into 2 without much to lose besides carry over bonuses since very little actually happens in cs1 before the final chapter. And they recap it at the start of 2 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Trails of Cold Steel IV suppose to be the last one in the series or will there be more?
Short answer hahaha yes there will be more.

The series is sitting at around 12 games and counting with more on the way. Sky trilogy azure zero cold steel quadrilogy, reverie?, black (kuro) 1 and 2. Only 7 titles are currently in English. Zero is set for September and the other two reverie and azure for next year and so on.

The trails games are my favorite series currently being made so I guess I'll drop a brief opinion here. The Sky (FC, SC, 3rd) and Crossbell (Zero, Azure) games are in most ways superior to the Cold Steel games. So it's not just background to the Cold Steel games being missed - it's five really good, largely superior games being skipped.

Not much storywise is spoiled in playing CSI&II first, though. So if someone really wants more modern/accessible games, then that's fine. CSIII, contrary to NISA's marketing claims, is a poor place to begin. The recommended play order is the same as the games' original release (Sky FC, SC, 3rd, Zero, Azure, CSI-IV, Reverie).

I'll admit they're not for everyone. If you don't enjoy reading, get frustrated with a dated-looking psp-era game, or get impatient with a game doing a lot of subtle world building without much action in an hour span, then I would just pass.

Heads up, you cannot redeem ps plus codes anymore. I had a 12 month code I was waiting to redeem after seeing the details of the conversion. Sony support is zero help as well, other than codes will work again sometime later they believe.

Heads up, you cannot redeem ps plus codes anymore. I had a 12 month code I was waiting to redeem after seeing the details of the conversion. Sony support is zero help as well, other than codes will work again sometime later they believe.
Also, I found some 3 month PS Now cards at Walmart, but they don't activate at the register, so I would guess all of their subscription redemption is turned off until June.

Also, I found some 3 month PS Now cards at Walmart, but they don't activate at the register, so I would guess all of their subscription redemption is turned off until June.
This appears to be intentional: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/04/ps5-ps4-owners-cant-redeem-pre-paid-ps-plus-cards

So if I have 2 years left on PS+ and 3 on PS now, that's the same as having 2 months left on PS+ and 3 on PS now. Neat. Sony is once again doing the bare minimum, a considerably less generous thing than their competition. Gonna be great when they are no longer on top so they have to start giving value propositions again...
Same boat. I jumped the gun and added another year of PSNOW 3 weeks ago..... Basically a $60 donation to Sony.... Already had PS+ extended to 2028 and PSNow to the end of the year.... Adding that extra year of PS NOW did nothing.... Live and learn..

Anyone remember the discount of Lawn Mowing Sim when it came out?

It is on sale again but I wanted to know if this discount is more than the last one.  PS Deals doesn't have it listed

In before all of the attacks on Sony about this (because that's all people seem to do on CAG of late...)

Sony is building a game preservation team
From the article, Sony is making a "Preservation Team." If it's a team dedicated to BC games ("preserving" previous gen games so they work on current consoles), like the article suggests, I'm all for it.

Once it’s confirmed that u can buy ps now and get a free upgrade regardless of when u buy it as long as it’s before June, I’ll stack a bunch

In before all of the attacks on Sony about this (because that's all people seem to do on CAG of late...)

From the article, Sony is making a "Preservation Team." If it's a team dedicated to BC games ("preserving" previous gen games so they work on current consoles), like the article suggests, I'm all for it.
Temper your expectations:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/04/sonys-game-preservation-team-may-not-be-quite-as-exciting-as-it-sounds

But when I brought this up a few weeks ago about how I would love to still be able to play old PS3 games, people here attacked me saying how it's not possible to emulate PS3 even when i provided evidence of RPCS3 running PS3 games on PC. Even Jim Ryan said nobody wants to play old games. So what happened? Could it be that maybe he was wrong? Of course he was. This is what happens when you hold companies accountable instead of making excuses. Demand better!

Sony Playstation is an entire generation behind Xbox with many old original Xbox and 360 games being upscaled to native 4K, 60fps, 16x anisotropic filtering and auto HDR all completely for free to the end user. I own an entire library of PS games. I would love to play Sly Cooper, Ratchet, Jax & Daxter and Puppeteer with enhanced performance. When you upgrade your computer all of your old games look and run better. Consoles should not be any different. Make it happen! :whee:

Stop being dramatic. No one ever said it was impossible, the thing that you kept on saying that was very wrong was that the PS3 and 360 has the same system architecture so it should be easy to emulate which is not the case.

Also RPCS3 is no where close to perfect and there are still a majority of the games that have issues running even with very high end CPU and GPU. The video you posted last time, that you called the evidence, contradicted the things you said within the first minute of it.

But when I brought this up a few weeks ago about how I would love to still be able to play old PS3 games, people here attacked me saying how it's not possible to emulate PS3 even when i provided evidence of RPCS3 running PS3 games on PC. Even Jim Ryan said nobody wants to play old games. So what happened? Could it be that maybe he was wrong? Of course he was. This is what happens when you hold companies accountable instead of making excuses. Demand better!

Sony Playstation is an entire generation behind Xbox with many old original Xbox and 360 games being upscaled to native 4K, 60fps, 16x anisotropic filtering and auto HDR all completely for free to the end user. I own an entire library of PS games. I would love to play Sly Cooper, Ratchet, Jax & Daxter and Puppeteer with enhanced performance. When you upgrade your computer all of your old games look and run better. Consoles should not be any different. Make it happen! :whee:
Nobody does want to play old games, it's been proven time and time again. Even Microsoft said that it's a tiny fraction of time, get a new rant you dramatic bitch.

0-60.gif

Haven't read the article, but Sony suddenly being interested in game preservation is rich, after they already shut down a whole service and permanently locked people out of their purchases.

As someone who worked on 360 and PS3 when they were current, I can attest that PS3 was way harder to develop for.  Case in point, the Saints Row PS3 port.

Devs tried to port it from 360 to PS3 and ultimately had to cancel it because it was too much work and not worth the time.  They instead did Saints 2 on both consoles with a separate development for PS3.

Lucky to find a 3-month PS Now code, but overpaid a little. It redeemed, but like others was not able to stack another PS+ code.  Already subbed til 2027, was hoping to add 3 more years, oh well.

Lucky to find a 3-month PS Now code, but overpaid a little. It redeemed, but like others was not able to stack another PS+ code. Already subbed til 2027, was hoping to add 3 more years, oh well.
I thought they turned off the ability to redeem PS Now codes.

For anyone in the US you can still redeem psnow codes. I just bought a 3 month code of Facebook and redeemed it.  I don’t think you could redeem it if your a current member due to the stacking block. If your not a current member however and you have a few years of plus it’s definitely worth it.  

Lucky to find a 3-month PS Now code, but overpaid a little. It redeemed, but like others was not able to stack another PS+ code. Already subbed til 2027, was hoping to add 3 more years, oh well.
Where did you find it? Walmart couldn't even activate the one I tried to buy today.

What’s up with the price of Ys VIII? Weird pricing for this sale.

As for the Trails games, does your progress carry over? I have the first two on vita in my backlog and am thinking it might be a good time to start a play through.

Damn, I have been sitting on a ps now code from eneba for a while now (got it real cheap months back) and now seeing this new info I decided to redeem it. "this code has already been Redeemed". That's what I get from shady ass sites I guess. Now I can't find anything at all. Are there any codes left or can you even subscribe to psnow anymore?

As for the Trails games, does your progress carry over? I have the first two on vita in my backlog and am thinking it might be a good time to start a play through.
They changed publishers after the first two Cold Steel games, so there's no way to carry any bonuses over between 2 and 3. It's only between 1 and 2 as well as between 3 and 4.

Trails in the Sky do have carry over between 1 and 2.

What service are you referring to? The mobile game section on Vita? The PSP store?
PS Mobile. It was shut down completely so you can't even re-download anything, and combined with their dumbass Vita security measures, if anything happens to your system or you so much as ever remove your memory card, you no longer have access to those games, ever.

Progress doesn't carry over since the games don't work like say .hack series. You just get a little bit of money and other bonuses for having a save from the previous games.

They changed publishers after the first two Cold Steel games, so there's no way to carry any bonuses over between 2 and 3. It's only between 1 and 2 as well as between 3 and 4.

Trails in the Sky do have carry over between 1 and 2.
Incorrect. Cold steel 4 has save bonuses for 1 and 2 since those were ported to ps4. Only the vita, ps3 versions can't be transferred to my knowledge.

bread's done
Back