Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The person I responded to wants to start playing the Vita versions they have.
Yes but since you didn't mention the specifics your post would only cause confusion.

The change of publishers is irrelevant to the conversation. It's the change of platforms that prevents those previous versions from transferring save files to the ps4 versions of cold steel 3 and 4. And to my knowledge there's no way to remedy that for those. Only the ps4 versions of 1 and 2 can provide a save bonus for 4 currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been busy and not paying attention on PS+/Now news for a few months. I had no idea about the tier changes and just read a few articles to catch up. I have PS+ for a couple more years, but no PSNow subscription.

From my reading, am I correct I missed the opportunity window and there is no longer any way to add 3 months of PSNow?

I've been busy and not paying attention on PS+/Now news for a few months. I had no idea about the tier changes and just read a few articles to catch up. I have PS+ for a couple more years, but no PSNow subscription.

From my reading, am I correct I missed the opportunity window and there is no longer any way to add 3 months of PSNow?
My guess is if you buy a code already activated and valid you're good but a code you find at a retail store is probably not gonna activate at this point, based on my experience today.

I got my 3-month PS Now code here: https://www.gamivo.com/product/playstation-now-3-months-us

They appear to still have them, though they are up to $52 a code, but may still be worth it if you have years of PS+ stacked like I did. There are plenty of coupon codes floating around that can knock a couple dollars off the price too, but they charge tax, so the codes basically negate the tax.

First time using PS Now.  The downloadable games section is not bad, I own probably 50% of the offerings there though, which is kind of telling to how old the library is since I haven't bought a game on PlayStation in over 2 years.  Looking forward to the revamped service to see if it can even come close to competing with Game Pass.

I have ps plus for another 5 years. I must have missed this but it sounds like I would get the top tier of the new service for 5 years by just adding a 3 month ps now code but the link above is now sold out. Does anyone else know of a place that still has codes or have an extra code they are willing to sell?

Is it worth jumping in, in your opinion, if you haven't kept up with the earlier Trails games? Starting with Cold Steel 1, sure, but I mean the prior series'. I'm sure nuance is ultimately missed, but it's daunting to start from square one with how many games there are and how long they each are.
I first bought 3, then did some searchng and found that "need" to start at 1. There are references and characters from previous games, that I am sure if you had played would ahve been a nice touch,

Near as I can tell the whole "series" deals with different places in the world--> think of it as different continents. I personally would not bother going back in time to those. One of games (might be 3) starts out confusing and had I played the other "trials" games might have made more sense (don't want to give anything away).

Just be happy that 1-4 are released and do not have to wait for the next in the series!

The upcoming Legends of Heroes: Trails of Zero deals with another area, but (i think) before Cold Steel and I do not have much interest at this point. There is an upcoming one titled "Trails into Reverie" that takes palce at Cold Steel 4

What’s up with the price of Ys VIII? Weird pricing for this sale.

As for the Trails games, does your progress carry over? I have the first two on vita in my backlog and am thinking it might be a good time to start a play through.
I know that there are things that do carry over, but can't recall the specifics. I palyed them all on the PS4 (late to the party) and I seem to recall 1 to 2 there was some unlocks and 3 to 4 as well. I mean nothing game changing and I am one of those that even when something comes with "bonus" whatevers I do not sue them because want to experience the game without "boosts" (if that makes sense)

Here is an article :

https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/news/transferring-save-data-to-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel#:~:text=In%20The%20Legend%20of%20Heroes,carry%20on%20with%20your%20progress.

Reading this thread is hilarious. Game preservation has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with backwards compatibility or emulation or letting people log into deprecated stores or download their old purchases or anything consumer-oriented whatsoever.

If you don't know what a term means, it doesn't take long to look it up instead of running wild with baseless speculation.

I'm planning to put a PS4 on layaway at the local pawn shop. I kept my PS+ up for four years even when I didn't have a system due to having to sell it for rent money, so I have a substantial backlog as long as I keep my membership paid.

Yeah, I cant find any codes sitting out there either.

I have ps plus for another 5 years. I must have missed this but it sounds like I would get the top tier of the new service for 5 years by just adding a 3 month ps now code but the link above is now sold out. Does anyone else know of a place that still has codes or have an extra code they are willing to sell?

I found the 1 year for $112 on kinguin.net and the code worked. Never heard of the site before but when I checked my ps+ status, I realized I actually had 7 years left so even with the inflated price, it should be worth it.

I found the 1 year for $112 on kinguin.net and the code worked. Never heard of the site before but when I checked my ps+ status, I realized I actually had 7 years left so even with the inflated price, it should be worth it.
when did you activate it? i saw comments saying it won't let you activate subscription plans on psn

when did you activate it? i saw comments saying it won't let you activate subscription plans on psn
I think it is just PS+ cards you can't activate right now. I heard here that you can activate PSNow if you are not currently subscribed. It's all very confusing for sure.

Debating snagging a PS Now code from Kinguin.  They have year ones for $99, and I still have plus through 2025, so even at the inflated price it is worth it.

Reading this thread is hilarious. Game preservation has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with backwards compatibility or emulation or letting people log into deprecated stores or download their old purchases or anything consumer-oriented whatsoever.

If you don't know what a term means, it doesn't take long to look it up instead of running wild with baseless speculation.
Yeah, the article (and news) is pointless from a gamer standpoint.

Can confirm that the Kinguin.com PS Now $99 codes work.  Redeemed mine with zero issues.  In the end I will save about 100 bucks or so over the next 3 years.  Worth it.

Can confirm that the Kinguin.com PS Now $99 codes work. Redeemed mine with zero issues. In the end I will save about 100 bucks or so over the next 3 years. Worth it.
I thought about it, but I've got 2yrs of ps+ left and at 100 for Now I'm paying 50 per year for the upgrade. If I understand correctly I can upgrade normally for ~60. A 3month at reasonable price would be a no brainer or if I had tons of plus stacked, but now I think I'm in the wait on it camp if it's even worth it as a program.

I thought about it, but I've got 2yrs of ps+ left and at 100 for Now I'm paying 50 per year for the upgrade. If I understand correctly I can upgrade normally for ~60. A 3month at reasonable price would be a no brainer or if I had tons of plus stacked, but now I think I'm in the wait on it camp if it's even worth it as a program.
Paid like $30 a year for PS+ so when you take that $90, + the $100, and then take $120 a year = $360, I saved a decent chunk. Figured it was worth it.

The official PlayStation site has been updated with a faq about not being able to stack and the conversation rates once the new services launches. Only took them 3 days 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

I am an existing PlayStation Plus and/or PlayStation Now member. Why do I get an error message when I try to add time to my membership either by purchasing more time on the PlayStation Store on console/web/app, or by applying a membership voucher?

As we prepare to launch the new PlayStation Plus membership service, we are doing some work behind the scenes to make the transition as smooth as possible for all of our existing members. As part of this work, we’ve temporarily disabled stacking memberships for existing customers until after the launch. Rest assured that your voucher code is still valid, and you will be able to redeem your code either when your existing membership expires and deactivates, or after the new PlayStation Plus service launches in your area, whichever happens first. 

I have a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now 1-month, 3-month or 12-month membership voucher. What will happen if I redeem it before the new PlayStation Plus service launches?

• If you are not a current member of the service the voucher is for, you can redeem your voucher using PS4, PS5, Web and Mobile App. Click here for instructions. If you join PlayStation Plus and still have an active membership when the new PlayStation Plus service launches, you will transition into PlayStation Plus Essential. If you join PlayStation Now and still have an active membership when the new PlayStation Plus service launches, you will automatically migrate to the PlayStation Plus Premium.  If you currently have a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now membership, due to changes we are making to the service prior to launch, you won’t be able to redeem a voucher code for that service until your existing membership expires and deactivates, or after the new PlayStation Plus service launches in your area, whichever happens first. Rest assured that your voucher code is still valid. See next question for further information. 

I have a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now 1-month, 3-month or 12-month membership voucher. What will happen if I redeem it after the new PlayStation Plus service launches?

If you do not have an active membership:  

• The PlayStation Plus voucher you redeem will provide you access to PlayStation Plus Essential for the length of time denoted on your original voucher. For example, a one-month PlayStation Plus voucher will provide access to one month of PlayStation Plus Essential. 
  • The PlayStation Now voucher you redeem will provide you access to PlayStation Plus Premium for the length of time equivalent to the monetary value of your original voucher. For example, a one-month PlayStation Now voucher will provide access to approximately 3 weeks of PlayStation Plus Premium. See conversion chart here for details. 
If you are an existing customer: 

• The PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now voucher you redeem will be converted to a length of time on your current PlayStation Plus membership plan equivalent to the monetary value of the voucher you are redeeming. For example, a 1-month PlayStation Plus voucher will provide access to approximately 3 weeks of PlayStation Plus Extra or approximately 2.5 weeks of PlayStation Plus Premium. See conversion chart here for details.  

So a 1 month PS Now code redeemed at the start of June would do the trick?

Edit: Bought a 1 month code on GameFlip for $20.  Checked it and I’m able to redeem it.  I’ll save it until we’re close to launch.

Edit: Bought a 1 month code on GameFlip for $20. Checked it and I’m able to redeem it. I’ll save it until we’re close to launch.
I've been out of the PS game for a long time. When you attempt to redeem a code, does PS tell you what you are about to activate before you confirm the redemption? I have 2 1 month PS Now codes that I want to check for validity but I don't want to use them myself.

I've been out of the PS game for a long time. When you attempt to redeem a code, does PS tell you what you are about to activate before you confirm the redemption? I have 2 1 month PS Now codes that I want to check for validity but I don't want to use them myself.
I checked mine on the PS app. After you enter the code and click next, it will tell you what it’s for and then you can redeem or cancel.

I checked mine on the PS app. After you enter the code and click next, it will tell you what it’s for and then you can redeem or cancel.
Ah awesome, thank you for the quick response! Man I wish Steam did the same so I can check my backlog of Steam keys from Humble Bundle without accidentally redeeming them :)

Edit: Bought a 1 month code on GameFlip for $20. Checked it and I’m able to redeem it. I’ll save it until we’re close to launch.
I had PS+ through July 2025, so I was going to do this same thing through a month code on Gameflip, but it sold out as I was putting in my credit card info during the checkout process!

Anyone know where else I can find a 1 month code?

I had PS+ through July 2025, so I was going to do this same thing through a month code on Gameflip, but it sold out as I was putting in my credit card info during the checkout process!

Anyone know where else I can find a 1 month code?
I was able to buy a 1-month code on Gameflip after creating an account there, but I'm not a fan of how my order will stay Under Review until I upload photos of my face, Driver's License (both sides), mobile phone bill, and credit card used for the order. I kinda get the fraud-prevention aspect, but this is too intrusive for my liking.

I was able to buy a 1-month code on Gameflip after creating an account there, but I'm not a fan of how my order will stay Under Review until I upload photos of my face, Driver's License (both sides), mobile phone bill, and credit card used for the order. I kinda get the fraud-prevention aspect, but this is too intrusive for my liking.
Wow- I thought you were joking, but another 1 month PS Now code became available and I purchased it, but they actually do require all of that to finalize my order! Absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled my order!

Wow- I thought you were joking, but another 1 month PS Now code became available and I purchased it, but they actually do require all of that to finalize my order! Absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled my order!
I never had to do any of that but things have probably changed since I made my account.

Saving codes for later from GameFlip is a bad idea. You get a period of 3 days to confirm if the code is valid, after that you no longer have any support from them and the transaction is final. A lot of sellers on there sell codes that are a bit shady and will be used if you wait too long. GameFlip has great deals, but I always redeem codes immediately when buying from there

Saving codes for later from GameFlip is a bad idea. You get a period of 3 days to confirm if the code is valid, after that you no longer have any support from them and the transaction is final. A lot of sellers on there sell codes that are a bit shady and will be used if you wait too long. GameFlip has great deals, but I always redeem codes immediately when buying from there
I agree, but it’s a $20 gamble to get my 5 years of plus converted to premium. I can’t redeem it now because it would run out before the upgrade. I would have got a 3 month code if there were any available.

As we prepare to launch the new PlayStation Plus membership service, we are doing some work behind the scenes to make the transition as smooth as possible for all of our existing members.
Aka "we disabled stacking to keep you assholes from costing us future money because we were dumb and greedy enough to not have hard limits on subscription length".
Disingenuous pricks.

Hey guys. The Sony rewards app has 1 month playstation now codes. It costs 2k points for 1 month and I think 4.5k points for 3 months. I had only 900 but guess what. You can pay for points! 1 cent = 1 point. I think if you do some hoop jumping, they'll give you free points to get you started. It worked for me last night as I plugged in my 3 month in the ps app and it took. I'm a new subscriber to ps now btw. Also, when I checked out for the 3 month code, saw a message that I needed at least 500 points to purchase the code....

Hey guys. The Sony rewards app has 1 month playstation now codes. It costs 2k points for 1 month and I think 4.5k points for 3 months. I had only 900 but guess what. You can pay for points! 1 cent = 1 point. I think if you do some hoop jumping, they'll give you free points to get you started. It worked for me last night as I plugged in my 3 month in the ps app and it took. I'm a new subscriber to ps now btw. Also, when I checked out for the 3 month code, saw a message that I needed at least 500 points to purchase the code....
Just did the same thing. I only had like 300 points so it was kind of a pain in the ass to get over 500 but got there. Ended up ordering the 3 month because I was afraid I would either enter the 1 month at the wrong time, it would some how get redeemed or I'd forget to redeem it. $38 was a steal to get to the top tier.

How long did it take to get your code?
Edit: nevermind, just got it. Took a about 10 minutes.

Thank you very much for mentioning this. I had 778 points, earned another 25 by watching a video, then paid the remainder for a 1-month PSNow code--I'll take the chance of waiting to redeem it for 15-16 days (the email with the code already arrived in my email) to lock in PS+ Premium through 2024.

Just did the same thing. I only had like 300 points so it was kind of a pain in the ass to get over 500 but got there. Ended up ordering the 3 month because I was afraid I would either enter the 1 month at the wrong time, it would some how get redeemed or I'd forget to redeem it. $38 was a steal to get to the top tier.
How long did it take to get your code?
Edit: nevermind, just got it. Took a about 10 minutes.
What did you do to go from 300 to over 500? There aren't enough tasks there to give you points. Supposedly, you get 200 for linking your Sony Store and Movies Anywhere accounts, but I didn't get them. Customer service told me it might take 5 business days, but I'm not optimistic.

bread's done
Back