Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
What did you do to go from 300 to over 500? There aren't enough tasks there to give you points. Supposedly, you get 200 for linking your Sony Store and Movies Anywhere accounts, but I didn't get them. Customer service told me it might take 5 business days, but I'm not optimistic.
There was an option to get 300 points by inviting 3 friends. I just created three new PSN accounts and sent the emails to those new accounts and got the points immediately once I linked them to Sony rewards. Kinds of a pain in the ass but it was the only option I had outside of movie stubs and registrations

Thank you very much for mentioning this. I had 778 points, earned another 25 by watching a video, then paid the remainder for a 1-month PSNow code--I'll take the chance of waiting to redeem it for 15-16 days (the email with the code already arrived in my email) to lock in PS+ Premium through 2024.
I'd probably wait a little longer to be safe. The thing I read said they were "targeting" a release date of June 13 for US, but that verbiage made me worried it might get delayed by a few days or a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still not sure I understand the conversion. Is it the same as Game Pass? I bought one year of PS NOW a couple of weeks ago but it was on my own account and not the one I game share with. My friend currently has at least 1 year of PS+ on his account. Is Sony converting all PS+ memberships to PS Now? When I bought the PS Now 1 year sub, I though that only PS Now subs would covert to the highest tier of the new PS+ in June but did that change? If I knew it would convert all current PS+ subs to the highest tier in June, I would have bought the PS Now sub through my friends account and not my own. Oh well.

If you have PS Now on your account you are converted to the highest tier and the length you are converted to that tier is for whichever subscription on your account is the longest. A lot of us have PS+ stacked for many years so just adding PS Now at any length will get the length of our PS+ subscription to the highest tier.

If you have PS Now on your account you are converted to the highest tier and the length you are converted to that tier is for whichever subscription on your account is the longest. A lot of us have PS+ stacked for many years so just adding PS Now at any length will get the length of our PS+ subscription to the highest tier.
So I don’t have a ps now subscription but I have ps+ for at least 2 more years. I also have a ps now 1 month voucher code that is unused. Should I redeem this 30 days before June 13th when the new ps tiers are released? To convert my ps+ to ps premium?
I’m also trying to get the ps now 3 month code from sony rewards and redeem that asap.

So I don’t have a ps now subscription but I have ps+ for at least 2 more years. I also have a ps now 1 month voucher code that is unused. Should I redeem this 30 days before June 13th when the new ps tiers are released? To convert my ps+ to ps premium?
I’m also trying to get the ps now 3 month code from sony rewards and redeem that asap.
Yes. But maybe redeem it a little closer to June 13 in case they don't meet that target date for the rollout (their language makes it seem like it's not a definite date).

Kinda grumpy I ended up using my 1 month ps now code that came with my Costco PS5 on uploading my avengers save without redownloading it last year. Oh well.

Thanks to all the above posters this page.  

Bought a 3 month PS NOW (just to be safe if the transition is delayed) for 36.69

Now I'll have top tier to Jan 2026

I didn't even care about subscribing to the top tier but everyone seemed really interested in doing it so I'll waste a little money now and try it out.

I didn't even care about subscribing to the top tier but everyone seemed really interested in doing it so I'll waste a little money now and try it out.
Yeah same here, I wasn't going to pay a crazy amount for a code because I'm not all that interested, but definitely excited to mess around with it now for a reasonable price. If I didn't have so much PS+ time on my account I probably wouldn't have messed with it at all.

Feel exactly the same way. I have PS+ til the end of 2026, so figured I'd pay $45 for a 3-month PS Now code that will upgrade 4 1/2 years to premium. Funny enough, that is more than I paid for the PS+ annual subs that got it that far out. I also figure there will be deals on the annual PS+ premium sub by the time it runs out if the top tier ends up being worth keeping beyond that point.

Yes. But maybe redeem it a little closer to June 13 in case they don't meet that target date for the rollout (their language makes it seem like it's not a definite date).
I went ahead and redeemed the one I finally found now, made sure auto-renew is on.

Yes, it will cost a little more that way, but you know what? This way I don't have to worry if they decide to turn off code redemption altogether before launch (which would make it a complete waste of a code purchase).

I went ahead and redeemed the one I finally found now, made sure auto-renew is on.

Yes, it will cost a little more that way, but you know what? This way I don't have to worry if they decide to turn off code redemption altogether before launch (which would make it a complete waste of a code purchase).
That's a good idea as long as auto-renewal for PS Now is working (I wouldn't count anything out with Sony right now).

That's a good idea as long as auto-renewal for PS Now is working (I wouldn't count anything out with Sony right now).
Which is fair, but it's a gamble either way.

If they disable auto-renew I'll at least get a month out of Now as it currently exists.

If they disable code redemption entirely prior to launch, I don't even get that.

Subscription management currently shows auto-renew having been turned on for both Plus and Now, and I previously had Plus off, so I don't think they can disable one without disabling both.

I feel good about this gamble.

It's weird, they turned off the ability to disable auto-renew. After I put in my 3-month code, I tried to turn it off, and it won't let you. I didn't think about getting a month with auto-renew on, could have saved some money, oh well.

Subscription management currently shows auto-renew having been turned on for both Plus and Now, and I previously had Plus off, so I don't think they can disable one without disabling both.
It only crossed my mind because subscription management won’t let me turn on auto renew for my PS+. I’d redeem my 1 month of Now if I knew that auto renew would be enabled. Did your PS+ auto renew get turned on by redeeming your Now code?

It only crossed my mind because subscription management won’t let me turn on auto renew for my PS+. I’d redeem my 1 month of Now if I knew that auto renew would be enabled. Did your PS+ auto renew get turned on by redeeming your Now code?
That's what I'm guessing happened, yes. Because I always turn off auto-renew on Plus when adding additional time.

So for it to be on now for Plus, I'm guessing that the act of adding Now had to flip that switch for both services.

That's what I'm guessing happened, yes. Because I always turn off auto-renew on Plus when adding additional time.

So for it to be on now for Plus, I'm guessing that the act of adding Now had to flip that switch for both services.
Tried to add a screencap to show what I see after redeeming my Now. Hope it works.[attachment=36887:20220430_231507.jpg]

Do we know if PS Now will have the PlayStation 5 upgrade of Death stranding and other PS4 games? I have the physical copy of death stranding I bought at Walmart for $2 and was going to just pay the $10 upgrade fee to get the best version but will wait and see just what Sony is going to do with PS4 and PS5 versions of games. I highly doubt they will have director's cuts or GOTY versions but I do hope they have a PS5 version if one is available.

Pretty sure unless it's the only version, they will not have DLC similar to Gamepass offering the full base games in the subscription. You know they wont ever give everything, cause then what would someone buy if they want more?

I redeemed my 1 month PS Now code (from a third party key site).  During redemption it said that the subscription would automatically renew, but auto renew did NOT turn on.  There is no option to enable auto renew for the PS Now sub on PS4 or PS5 (only an extend option that gives an error).  The enable/disable auto renew option in subscription management on the web site and app doesn't work for my PS+ or PS Now subs.  I can enable and disable auto renew for PS+ on console.

I did the 300 point quest on the Sony Rewards app to get enough points for a 1 month PS Now code.  Now I just have to hope that I can redeem the code after my current 1 month sub expires.

Cost me an extra $18 but hopefully others that are trying to maximize their subs can learn something from my experience.

I redeemed my 1 month PS Now code (from a third party key site). During redemption it said that the subscription would automatically renew, but auto renew did NOT turn on. There is no option to enable auto renew for the PS Now sub on PS4 or PS5 (only an extend option that gives an error). The enable/disable auto renew option in subscription management on the web site and app doesn't work for my PS+ or PS Now subs. I can enable and disable auto renew for PS+ on console.

I did the 300 point quest on the Sony Rewards app to get enough points for a 1 month PS Now code. Now I just have to hope that I can redeem the code after my current 1 month sub expires.

Cost me an extra $18 but hopefully others that are trying to maximize their subs can learn something from my experience.
That's goofy. I just checked mine again and it still says auto-renew is on.

Strange, it didn't enable auto-renew on yours because mine turned auto-renew on, and I can't turn it off.

VE43AFF.png

TFRqjic.jpg

Yeah, I don't know why it's different other than their whole system is pretty messed up right now with them trying to close "loopholes".  I wonder what the odds of the new services launching on time/smoothly are?

Who are they is the consistent thing that seems to be lacking in every post I've seen.
I didn't know either, but it sounds like they're formerly THQ Nordic and it's now essentially a parent company of 10 developers.

https://embracer.com/about/

With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.

I didn't know either, but it sounds like they're formerly THQ Nordic and it's now essentially a parent company of 10 developers.

https://embracer.com/about/

With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.
Those are publishers, not devs. They own dozens of mid and small-sized devs that fit in under those various pubs. Many of them are probably studios many here know like Zen Studios, Aspyr (doing many of the Star Wars remasters), and now the former Square Enix western devs.

Here's a good list of the studios they own:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embracer_Group#Subsidiaries

https://twitter.com/SifuGame/status/1521504863540191233

• Difficulty options - Players will now be able to choose their difficulty setting in Sifu: Student, Disciple & Master. The original Sifu difficulty level corresponds to the middle setting, Disciple. It is now possible to either play the game in an easier setting, or to make it harder for experienced players who have already finished the game.
  • New Outfit feature - Players will now be able to change the main character’s outfit in the Wuguan. All players will be able to unlock two new outfits and more will be added in coming updates. One extra outfit will also be added for all Deluxe edition owners!
  • Advanced training mode - In the updated training mode, players will now be able to face any kind of enemy archetype or bosses they have defeated in the story, as well as face multiple enemies at once.
  • Dark mode & UI improvements - We have also added various quality of life improvements such as a dark mode for the in-game menus, better mouse & keyboard support and improved HUD readability. We have also added the support of 5.1 sound systems as well as the 21:9 format resolutions.
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode) :

• More life and structure for the Main Character
  • Enemies are less aggressive
  • Enemies are less reactive in defense
  • Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
  • The Death Counter cannot beyond 1
  • Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :

• The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :

• Less life and structure for the Main Character
  • More life and structure for various enemies
  • Enemies are more aggressive
  • Enemies are more reactive in defense
  • New patterns for bosses

https://twitter.com/SifuGame/status/1521517102015856643

PS5: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2703-PPSA05132_00-DELUXE0000000000

PS4: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2703-CUSA30202_00-DELUXE0000000000

PictoQuest is out on PS4 now for $7.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4425-CUSA31366_00-4656205081169220

It's a Picross game that labels itself as having RPG elements, but it doesn't have any of that. You just do puzzles, sometimes in combat against enemies that take damage as you fill in blocks, lines, and columns correctly, and it's only 100 puzzles long with them being fairly easy if you've played Picross games before. It's still good, but it is more for newbies and those that want an easier game.

Wow. Goodbye Square Enix caring about Western developed games!
It's better this way. The westdev stuff that they tried to support never worked. They don't understand the western market. They should focus on their core competency because the world definitely doesn't need more western games whereas japanese ones are the rarities these days.

It's better this way. The westdev stuff that they tried to support never worked. They don't understand the western market. They should focus on their core competency because the world definitely doesn't need more western games whereas japanese ones are the rarities these days.
That may be true about SE execs, but is Embracer better? SE has popped out great games from these studios over the past decade. Is Embracer known for letting devs make great games or do they cost cut the hell out of stuff?

Speaking of Square, Saga Frontier Remastered worth the $17 and change?
It's OK. I played it on Switch. Still janky as all heck and the story is still ultra weak sauce. If you like Saga games sure, otherwise watch a review or 3. It didn't quite have the same fun feeling when I played it on the PSX ages ago IMHO.

That may be true about SE execs, but is Embracer better? SE has popped out great games from these studios over the past decade. Is Embracer known for letting devs make great games or do they cost cut the hell out of stuff?
I think my biggest question is whether this sale makes it more or less likely we could eventually get an HD re-release of the 1st Deus Ex. I'm guessing the odds under SE were 0% and under new management probably also 0%? Damn.

It's OK. I played it on Switch. Still janky as all heck and the story is still ultra weak sauce. If you like Saga games sure, otherwise watch a review or 3. It didn't quite have the same fun feeling when I played it on the PSX ages ago IMHO.
Thanks for the info. Pass it is lol

bread's done
Back