Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Well if you get the game running smoothly and you find yourself nearing the end of MGS4, be warned that the final cutscene of the game is over two hours long! I remember making a save at the point of no return and then putting the game down for a few days till I knew I had the free time to watch it without interruptions.

gft.gif

They are both live service models and you said live service games were bad and no one wants them... They are by the same company, bruh. I'm just trying to make arguments over here and respond to the substance of what people say, you should try it sometime.
You clearly don't have a good handle on the SquareEnix situation and why so many people are disgusted with their business tactics. They've had a broken webstore for years. They've let strong IPs flounder and failed them through lack of support or advertising. Like some of the western titles which were recently sold off. Most of us can't / won't buy their CEs anymore bc they've been priced gouged to oblivion upwards of $300. They don't make even fractionally enough of the FF14 CE's which also never become available to the public.

SquareEnix owns some of the most respected and loved properties in gaming and that is what has people frustrated. Since the merger and their evolution through the e-commerce and digital era their business plan has evolved to gouge supporters at every opportunity. They just released a collectors statue that everyone wants but it's $11,000 ffs. The only difference between SE and say Activision-Blizzard is that SE is still capable of putting out a great standard edition game (like Nier or FF7R) every now and then. They have a few success stories which are just enough to gaslight a person into thinking that their strong distaste for company operations is irrational. Then like other crappy publishers such as EA or Ubisoft they completely eviscerate any and all value from their own (especially failed) titles by selling them for < $20, and proceed to complain that the public doesn't value them! No no, everyone has simply learned that there is no point in buying your semi-complete games for $60 because content has been carved out, the value isn't there, you're going to make my purchases worthless while continuing to nickle and dime me, as well as put out more definitive editions in the future. Yet they aren't putting out updated 4K 120fps / PS5 or XBSX versions of current titles like Nier Automata or Replicant. It's not worth funding to them. Widely aggregated customer dissatisfaction is not the fault of the customer. SquareEnix is the dictionary definition and textbook example for why gamers are disgusted by DLC practices. Just like how no one buys Ubisoft Gold Editions for $100. These companies devalue themselves. That should be blatantly obvious when the publisher is putting out several 8-8.5/10 games and yet still nobody is buying them.

Then you roll by and point at Final Fantasy 14. lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you get the game running smoothly and you find yourself nearing the end of MGS4, be warned that the final cutscene of the game is over two hours long! I remember making a save at the point of no return and then putting the game down for a few days till I knew I had the free time to watch it without interruptions.
Oh yeah DEFINITELY watch out for this. I don't recall if it's actually over 2 hours but remember it being at least 90 minutes for sure. I just watched it on youtube since I missed out on it the first time around.

Streaming some of the new game Trek to Yomi, if you want to see it in action. We also have a review.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a solid action game, though the constant switches from 2D action fights to 3D movement traversal can be a bit jarring at times. It also gets more challenging on the normal difficulty and spreads out the save points to make it a more frustrating game as you get further into it. Probably best on sale.

Square just needs to do a HD remaster of Parasite Eve 1 & 2 and a port of The Third Birthday.
After seeing the FFVIII Remaster and the Chrono Cross Remaster, and how we still have no idea how much longer it'll be until FF7 Remake Part 2, nor how many parts there are, I'd rather they didn't "re"-anything to their classics.

Oh yeah DEFINITELY watch out for this. I don't recall if it's actually over 2 hours but remember it being at least 90 minutes for sure. I just watched it on youtube since I missed out on it the first time around.
That is insane for a video game cutscene. They should at least have provided a way for you to pause the cutscene and save your place until you have time to finish watching the whole thing.

Just sat through a 52-minute cutscene at the end of act 3 but there were some loads in between where you could save at least. I still am not quite clear what happened either. I don't really get the whole guns of the Patriots and how the dude did what he did but I will read up about it.

There was about 30 seconds of gameplay in between those 52 minutes of cutscenes. It was the dream sequence. I am a gameplay first kind of gamer and it's difficult to call Metal Gear Solid 4 a video game since it's a movie first with some game play thrown in there. I played and beat the phantom pain and I don't remember nearly this many cutscenes so I'm not sure if this series is known for being mostly a movie or if the fourth game in the series is just the one that is mostly a movie.

Just sat through a 52-minute cutscene at the end of act 3 but there were some loads in between where you could save at least. I still am not quite clear what happened either. I don't really get the whole guns of the Patriots and how the dude did what he did but I will read up about it.

There was about 30 seconds of gameplay in between those 52 minutes of cutscenes. It was the dream sequence. I am a gameplay first kind of gamer and it's difficult to call Metal Gear Solid 4 a video game since it's a movie first with some game play thrown in there. I played and beat the phantom pain and I don't remember nearly this many cutscenes so I'm not sure if this series is known for being mostly a movie or if the fourth game in the series is just the one that is mostly a movie.
Yup MGS v has the best gameplay and was definitely all about gameplay and that’s probably cuz people complained about MGS 4 cutscenes. I personally liked 4 and I’m all for great cutscenes/story that makes a game feel like a movie. Bosses were kinda meh though but definitely not worse than MGS 2’s. I think mgs3 had the best bosses. Makes u feel like a big boss

Yup MGS v has the best gameplay and was definitely all about gameplay and that’s probably cuz people complained about MGS 4 cutscenes.
My theory on it: I think Kojima wanted to do something more cinematic like all the previous MGS titles, but when he was going over-budget and Konami was pushing him to "hurry up and get this damn thing released already," a lot of planned cutscenes went out the door.

That would explain why the first part of The Phantom Pain is very cutscene-heavy, while the rest is gameplay-heavy. Then again, the gameplay also shifts significantly at that point, becoming more open-world, so maybe it just felt more natural to have fewer cutscenes at that point. Who knows.

Just sat through a 52-minute cutscene.. I still am not quite clear what happened either. I don't really get the whole guns of the Patriots
laughed at this...also could never get into Phantom Pain. Think I have started that one from the start like 5 times now and then get distracted by something else....

The issue I have with MGS is the menus. If I'm playing XCOM 2 then complex menus are fine, but in MGS it is so jarring to spend half an hour in menus choosing between hard-to-read weapon/gear tiles with a dozen stats, only to dive into a frenetic mission where I find out I didn't bring the right gear halfway through. They are brilliant games I just don't have the time or skill to play them properly.  

Salt and Sacrifice is out now for $19.99 and is Cross Buy:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0613-PPSA04293_00-6980832032208657

540 MB on PS5 and 1.1 GB on PS4

There's also the Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy for $24.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA03482_00-ACCHRONICLESTRIL

India and China are $3.99 each right now and Russia's full price at $9.99, so that's $7 cheaper than the bundle at launch.

They also released it in 2016:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-NPUB50322_00-B000000000001785

I remember getting the AC China game from a season pass for AC Unity I believe, and I quit that game like 10 minutes in. I really hated it and how it played. Skipped Russia and India since they play the exact same. Easy skip for me.

I am excited to play Salt and Sacrifice though. I loved Salt and Sanctuary. I am playing Star Wars The Force Unleashed on PS Now first though, and with work I have so little time haha

I remember getting the AC China game from a season pass for AC Unity I believe, and I quit that game like 10 minutes in. I really hated it and how it played. Skipped Russia and India since they play the exact same. Easy skip for me.

I am excited to play Salt and Sacrifice though. I loved Salt and Sanctuary. I am playing Star Wars The Force Unleashed on PS Now first though, and with work I have so little time haha
I enjoyed those AC games well enough, but I didn't have the patience to try to 3-star every level.

I'm streaming Salt and Sacrifice, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive.

Liking is so far, though it doesn't do a great job of letting you see what the differences are between classes and the different starting items upfront along with some of the menu stuff being a bit obtuse at times. The action has been good so far and the mage hunt stuff is a neat idea that gives it some Monster Hunter-style vibes to some of the way it works.

I'm streaming Salt and Sacrifice, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Liking is so far, though it doesn't do a great job of letting you see what the differences are between classes and the different starting items upfront along with some of the menu stuff being a bit obtuse at times. The action has been good so far and the mage hunt stuff is a neat idea that gives it some Monster Hunter-style vibes to some of the way it works.
It's like Dark Souls, with less stuff on the Internet to look up to figure it out. The classes seem to be similar to the first, with the addition of the Highblade which like Elden Ring is basically the addition of a samurai. Your Crime in creation is basically the determination of your gift.

I like it a lot, but if you are expecting something like the first you might want to look into it more and maybe check out reviews. They definitely went for the Monster Hunter vibe with this one, and less Dark Souls. That may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your tastes.

Over 1,000 items on sale.

Extended Play Sale (ends 5/26 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/160aa67a-6c19-4a48-9384-140990eeabda/1

Games Under $15 Sale (ends 5/26 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

Deal of the Week is Tiny Tina's Wonderlands for PS4 and the Chaotic Great Edition with PS5/PS4 versions for 20% off (ends 5/19 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f65229a4-503b-4811-8930-58fec83ae298/1

I'm hesitant to buy anything right now since we don't know what might be included in the new PS Plus tier(s).

Which I'm guessing is why we don't know what might be included in the new PS Plus tier(s), but it's making me sit on my hands anyways.

Soundfall is out now for PS5/PS4 for $29.99 ($26.99 for PS+):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0481-PPSA03801_00-9482550928209070

There's a bundle of Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers for $35.99 for PS+ people:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01631_00-1657732467940937

$54.99 for the bundle of the Deluxe Editions:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01631_00-6602123233789099
Hadn’t even heard of Soundfall but looks good!

Sony really needs to fix their digital game refunds.  This is like the third time in the past 6 months I have been denied a refund for a digital game that has not been downloaded or streamed, and they said it has.  Wtf

Sony really needs to fix their digital game refunds. This is like the third time in the past 6 months I have been denied a refund for a digital game that has not been downloaded or streamed, and they said it has. Wtf
I had this issue once. Turns out my refund reason made the system automatically assume I had downloaded/streamed the game.

Sony really needs to fix their digital game refunds. This is like the third time in the past 6 months I have been denied a refund for a digital game that has not been downloaded or streamed, and they said it has. Wtf
Just for my own curiosity, why did you need to return mutiple digital games?

I ask because I have attempted to return zero games in the entirety of the existence of the PS store.

Just for my own curiosity, why did you need to return mutiple digital games?

I ask because I have attempted to return zero games in the entirety of the existence of the PS store.
One i bought and after I wanted to wait for a sale. Impulse buy. Other game I had added to my cart, and forgot it was in there. Went and added some free dlc on the mobile app and finished transaction, then realizing I bought the game when I didn't intend to lol. My own fault. But it falls within their refund policy and should be eligible for a refund.

I had this issue once. Turns out my refund reason made the system automatically assume I had downloaded/streamed the game.
I figured that was what it was. The dude instantly declined it without even looking into the transaction. Might just try again tomorrow or bite the bullet. Regardless they need to fix this shit system and establish one like MS has for digital refunds.

I figured that was what it was. The dude instantly declined it without even looking into the transaction. Might just try again tomorrow or bite the bullet. Regardless they need to fix this shit system and establish one like MS has for digital refunds.
Yeah, the online chat reps did the same thing to me. Once I tried phone support, I got a rep who eventually figured out what was happening and gave me the refund after actually verifying that the content was never accessed.

O

Yeah, the online chat reps did the same thing to me. Once I tried phone support, I got a rep who eventually figured out what was happening and gave me the refund after actually verifying that the content was never accessed.
Omg, I complained about this exact issue a while back. Wish I had known to call support.

Also, what was the refund reason that was preventing the return?

When does everyone plan on using their 1 month psnow cards? I’m thinking the 31st just so it will cover all of June, hopefully it still works by then.

What's left of the Onrush team is merging with Criterion: https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/1524704763010502657

I honestly can't remember the last PSN Digital full game purchase I have made. I think I end up just going physical for the cheaper base game and buying the digital expansion packs at discount. Also PS Plus tends to eventually get decent full games if you are patient enough. The smaller cheaper digital games usually have Switch versions which I prefer for portability and graphically make more sense on the Switch. Also, the Steam Deck is going to make PC a more viable route now as well. 

When does everyone plan on using their 1 month psnow cards? I’m thinking the 31st just so it will cover all of June, hopefully it still works by then.
Those last six words are why I redeemed mine already. It's all a gamble. My gamble was that it would let me turn on auto-renew (it did) and that that would actually work (TBD).

Waiting is to gamble that, having disabled stacking and activating new cards, they won't ALSO temporarily disable activating codes as we draw nearer.

It's all a gamble. My gamble will cost me a little more in the short term but also appears to be working so far.

If something changes, it may not pay off, but I'll have at least had a month of Now.

Although if something happens to wreck my gamble, I think it's a decently safe bet that it would also negatively impact the waiting play, so.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1524751380887445504

Accessibility Features

Game Update 3 introduces over 30 improvements and added accessibility options, from menu navigation improvements and interface options to a host of new gameplay options. The update also adds a dedicated Accessibility category, which can be found in the options menu. This new menu wraps up the existing options as well as many of the new options available with this update, including:

• New gameplay settings that allow players to further customize combat in Single-Player Mode (most are not available for Online or Friends modes). This includes increasing or decreasing combat difficulty, adjusting number of Reprises and slowing game speed.
  • New HUD and subtitle options, such as customizing the size, opacity and color of various text and graphical elements
  • Easier menu navigation, allowing for the use of directional buttons on the controller to navigate up and down menu lists. The cursor speed can also now be adjusted in settings to help with navigating the settings with a controller.
Free PS5 Deathloop Avatars

Show off your love for your favorite Deathloop character with these free PlayStation 5 avatars featuring the game’s colorful cast, from our hero Colt to the eccentric and chaotic Visionaries. This collection of 9 avatars is available for free to all PS5 users. Redemption instructions & codes for each region are below.

• SIEA (North America, South America): 7673-6HNN-K887
  • SIEE (Europe, Africa, Middle East, Oceania): 3XF7-QANX-CJ6A
  • SIEJ (Japan): QQH5-75NA-3TBP
  • SIE Asia (Asia): KB3H-FQNJ-5BCT
  • SIEK (South Korea): AN6J-FGNM-CCH7
To redeem on your PS5:

• Go to Settings > Users and Accounts.
  • Select Account > Payment and Subscriptions > Redeem Codes.
  • Enter the code and select Redeem.
* These codes are for promotional purposes only and have no cash or retail value. Each code is redeemable up to 1 million times. Each code shall be redeemed before: 04/18/27 (SIEA/SIEE); 01/01/38 (SIEJ); 01/01/00 (SIEK); 04/29/27 (SIE Asia). Each code is available only on PlayStation 5 in the region specified and requires an internet connection and a PlayStation account (Deathloop game not included and sold separately).

Ended up grabbing Soundfall on PS5 last night. Great game! Really addictive. I actually like it better than Crypt of the Necrodancer. Every time I went to put it down, I kept saying…just one more song.

Got the persona dancing collection. Would have preferred to get them on the vita but atlus can't likely put those on sale. And I'm not really interested in paying around 100 for them.

Ended up grabbing Soundfall on PS5 last night. Great game! Really addictive. I actually like it better than Crypt of the Necrodancer. Every time I went to put it down, I kept saying…just one more song.
Does the PS5 version allow importing mp3s like the Steam version does? That's the major draw for me, I love games with mp3 procedural generation like Beat Hazard, Melody's Escape, Riff Racer, etc.

This is a complete unknown game to me. Like is it Guitar Hero without a guitar and insde a dungeon? I don't get it, but tempted. Does the song list change or teh same 5-6 songs??? really curious

Does the PS5 version allow importing mp3s like the Steam version does? That's the major draw for me, I love games with mp3 procedural generation like Beat Hazard, Melody's Escape, Riff Racer, etc.
Unfortunately only the PC version allows importing of songs.

This si a complete unknown game to me. Like is it Guitar Hero without a guitar and insde a dungeon? I don't get it, but tempted. Does the song list change or teh same 5-6 songs??? really curious
Not sure if you’ve played Crypt of the Necrodancer but it’s similar but IMO much better than that. It’s a twin-stick shooter/dungeon crawler, but you try to attack and dash to the beat of the music. If you miss the beat, you do less damage and also risk having to reload your weapon (there are melee weapons as well). Levels are split up by song and you get better bonuses than if you can finish the level before the song restarts. It’s really fun.

NME has a good review of it that explains it more.

https://www.nme.com/reviews/game-reviews/soundfall-review-3221245

bread's done
Back