Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I was thinking of trying the Extra tier for a year, but I'm not too excited about the list.  I already have most of the titles on there I would want to play.  Returnal is the most tempting to me at this point but I'm probably better off working through my backlog.

That lineup is much better than expected, adding Ghosts of Tsushima and Demons Souls, which I don't think were previously announced before, and PS5 versions for Death Stranding and Miles Morales. I just hope this means that the monthly free games for PS Plus don't scrape the bottom of the barrel now a la Games With Gold.

Everyone who got in on the month or 3 from Sony Rewards to convert our multiple-year subscriptions will make out like bandits!

You can also get a 2 hours trial of Forbidden West if you have the top tier. The graphics and character models animation are insane in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm personally not excited by the initial lineup announcement. This gives me a very similar feeling I had when gamepass launched. I didn't like that line up either and waited a while before I subscribed to gamepass until they had newer games I was interested in playing. I now think the current gamepass is fantastic but it took a little time to get there. I've enjoyed lots of games on Xbox because of the service.

Most of the games on the initial PS list that I want to play I own them and they are in the backlog. So I will wait a bit keep my current basic membership and maybe upgrade in the future if they start offering new 3rd party games at launch, games I'm interested in and don't own and increase the size of the classic catalog. Right now patience will hopefully lead to a bright future. I excited to see how they improve as time goes on.

For someone new to PlayStation though this lineup is excellent.

I'm personally not excited by the initial lineup announcement. This gives me a very similar feeling I had when gamepass launched. I didn't like that line up either and waited a while before I subscribed to gamepass until they had newer games I was interested in playing. I now think the current gamepass is fantastic but it took a little time to get there. I've enjoyed lots of games on Xbox because of the service.

Most of the games on the initial PS list that I want to play I own them and they are in the backlog. So I will wait a bit keep my current basic membership and maybe upgrade in the future if they start offering new 3rd party games at launch, games I'm interested in and don't own and increase the size of the classic catalog. Right now patience will hopefully lead to a bright future. I excited to see how they improve as time goes on.

For someone new to PlayStation though this lineup is excellent.
Yeah newer gamers to sony systems definitely get the most benefit out of those things.

Most of the games on the list I already have in my backlog so outside of the ps1/psp downloads thing it doesn't do much of anything for me.

It does say the following in the post....

Below is an early look at a selection of games that will be available.

It could disappoint, but it is just an early list.
iirc, they said there would be over 750 games in the highest tier. So I think you're right, this is almost definitely a small slice of the total offering.

My guess is a lot of the remaining ones will have overlap with what's already in PS Now, since that's somewhere in the hundreds and it'd make sense to just bring those over. At the same time, though, around half the games in this list are already PS+/PS Now games, so it does raise the question about how they came to decide on this list as the one to announce.. maybe the goal of the announcement was to showcase some of the new titles as well as some of what they see as the "best" of the existing PS+/PS Now titles.

Okay so I really like the list of games that was released. No announcement of psvr games but hopefully that will be coming soon. I own some of them physically but haven't played them yet so this is a good time to sell or trade them in. What would be the best way to maximize to get the highest tier? Would it be just buying a couple years of PlayStation Plus and then using my 1-month PS Now code and redeeming it as close to June 11th as possible? As I understand it, that would give me the highest tier of the new subscription program for as many years I have left on my PlayStation Plus correct?

I could take that lineup or leave it. Already own all I care to from it so it's a wash. The only thing that matters from subs going forward is day one.

Okay so I really like the list of games that was released. No announcement of psvr games but hopefully that will be coming soon. I own some of them physically but haven't played them yet so this is a good time to sell or trade them in. What would be the best way to maximize to get the highest tier? Would it be just buying a couple years of PlayStation Plus and then using my 1-month PS Now code and redeeming it as close to June 11th as possible? As I understand it, that would give me the highest tier of the new subscription program for as many years I have left on my PlayStation Plus correct?
You're a few weeks late in trying to game it since they disabled stacking a while back. If you have a decent PS+ sub built up already, then definitely redeem the PS Now code when there's less than a month to go before the new launch.

Can’t do it. If you have a current PSNow or psplus membership you cannot add to it until after the new program launches. They did this to prevent people from stacking 10 years of psplus and adding a 3 month PSNow code.

"Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5.When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase. "

I really like this part, built up a nice digital PSone collection because of their flash sale.
Do you guys know how I check what games I've purchased?

Do you guys know how I check what games I've purchased?
Shoot, I just did this. Go search for PSDLE and add it as an extension to Chrome.

On the PSDLE website there's a link for twitter feed about using it to access the PS3 and Vita lists.

I don't remember specifics but you'll find it.

I exported the data in to Excell so I have it permanently so I don't recall what other steps you need.

Shoot, I just did this. Go search for PSDLE and add it as an extension to Chrome.

On the PSDLE website there's a link for twitter feed about using it to access the PS3 and Vita lists.
Yeah, I was able to get my PS4 and PS5 exported, but had no luck with the PS3 and Vita stuff. I might give it a try later but it just doesn't seem to work with any browser I choose.

New game from the creators of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden for PS5 in 2023:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1_xUNcm2Zo

"From the creators of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden comes a beautifully crafted tactical adventure you won’t forget. Embark on a quest across a post-apocalyptic wasteland torn apart by a savage force known only as the ‘Miasma’."

I looked and looked and can't figure out how I got my PSV/PSP/PS3 games listed through PSDLE.

I did it in March 2022 so it was less than 2 months ago.  

People can look at this...... (the link is the post in the twitter feed)

https://github.com/RePod/psdle/issues/94

https://twitter.com/RePod37/status/1440843904245551104

It discusses the old store and I must have figured out what to do from it

Also, my last google search before I got it to work was.....

psdle to see vita games purchased 2022  

maybe one of the search results will point people in the right direction?

Yeah, I found that post but maybe it's broke again.  It shows a large number of games, but doesn't allow me to export anything.  

If someone else has luck with it, let us know.  Thanks!

I don't remember specifics but you'll find it.

I exported the data in to Excell so I have it permanently so I don't recall what other steps you need.
Thanks for the reply but I forgot you can use the PS Vita to find out. What I did was log into the PS store, click the 3 dots on the corner, and then click "Download list" to see what I have purchased.

PS1
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Harvest Moon Back to Nature
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Legend of Dragoon
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VI
Klonoa
Breath of Fire IV
Mega Man Legends 2
Xenogears
Vanguard Bandits
Resident Evil 2
Suikoden

PSP
Ridge Racer

Now I don't want to buy any games since I'll never have a chance to get around to play them AND with the Supreme PS+ level, there's a much better chance that they'll be free for me somehow some time soon.

Ara Fell looks good based on its Steam page. Picked it up for $6.
I really enjoyed it, although it overstayed its welcome a bit by the end. It's a pretty charming 16-bit-style JRPG, though. It's one of those games that I *loved* for the first 10 hours, liked a lot after that, and then was ready to be done with about five hours to go.

Easily worth the $6 though.

Deathverse: Let It Die has an open beta network test going on.

PS5:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0747-PPSA07060_00-EAGAPP0000000000

PS4:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0747-CUSA32958_00-EAGAPP0000000000

If you got Furi on PS+ or just bought it, it's now out on PS5 and has a free upgrade for everybody that owns it on PS4:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0774-PPSA06147_00-FURIREMPS5SIEA00

The highly anticipated end of the My Name is Mayo trilogy is out now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0307-CUSA31515_00-1073664758417165

Deathverse: Let It Die has an open beta network test going on.

PS5:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0747-PPSA07060_00-EAGAPP0000000000

PS4:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0747-CUSA32958_00-EAGAPP0000000000

If you got Furi on PS+ or just bought it, it's now out on PS5 and has a free upgrade for everybody that owns it on PS4:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0774-PPSA06147_00-FURIREMPS5SIEA00

The highly anticipated end of the My Name is Mayo trilogy is out now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0307-CUSA31515_00-1073664758417165
I wonder if adding the ps5 upgrade to the ps+ version leaves the ps5 version attached to plus also or not.

I know I'm opening up a can of worms by asking this, but are there any good deals on a year of the current version of PlayStation Plus?

I don't care about all the tiers of the new one or all the new crap that they're planning to add.  I don't have that much time to play as it is.

Thank you in advance for any constructive suggestions that you can provide.  :oldman:

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1527424104025817088

I'm expecting a trophy to set a guy on fire with the taser.

bread's done
Back