Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
They did have official emails going out that specially explained why the charge was higher. It's certainly possible they adjusted based on the feedback.

I don’t have a PS5 or PS+ so I don’t really care about what I might or might not potentially get out of the program, but I’ll take any excuse to talk about PS1 games, so here’s my list of PS1 Classics. Wish I could see my list of PS2 Classics, too, but my PS3 is fubar.

Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Dino Crisis
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
Sentimental Graffiti
Suikoden
Threads of Fate
Vanguard Bandits
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears

And of course, the crown jewel of the PS1 (or any console’s) library: Vagrant Story.

I think there were one or two other games that were part of the freebies from the PSN hack, but I don’t seem to have them on my PSP at the moment.

They did have official emails going out that specially explained why the charge was higher. It's certainly possible they adjusted based on the feedback.
The customer service email that said you couldn't get a second discount on the upgrade even though there wasn't a discount on the upgrade? That thing read like typical clueless CS speak.

I don’t have a PS5 or PS+ so I don’t really care about what I might or might not potentially get out of the program
Same here but I have had heard rumblings that if you bought PS1 classics on PS3 they should transfer over to PS4/PS5 when the service launches. If I can play the classics I already bought and get trophies on PS4 without plus that will be kinda cool I guess. I find it hard to believe until it's official though.

Same here but I have had heard rumblings that if you bought PS1 classics on PS3 they should transfer over to PS4/PS5 when the service launches. If I can play the classics I already bought and get trophies on PS4 without plus that will be kinda cool I guess. I find it hard to believe until it's official though.
From their blog post about a week ago:

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.

God of War Amazon series, Horizon Netflix series, and GT series are in the works. There were multiple bidders for the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already hard out on PS3 since it's streaming only. No DLC is pretty bad for some games, but if they're only available as part of the subscription instead of purchase you're just at the whim of the provider. One of the downsides of this implementation.
Honestly, the streaming isn't bad for PS3 games. I have played a few on PSNow and if you have a good connection, they're definitely playable.

I only watched the first episode and I thought it was bad. The CGI looks off, the writing and acting were pretty bad too. I heard it got a little better but there is too much other stuff I need to watch.

Really hope they bring the majority of PS1 games that were available digital on the PS3/Vita. Since y'all are sharing here's my digital PS1 games from the PS3 era. Fingers crossed

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Bomberman Party Editon
Breath of Fire IV
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: SotN
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Front Mission 3
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Grandia
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Mana
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Metal Slug X
Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Parasite Eve
Rayman
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Silent Hill
Streef Fighter Alpha
Streef Fighter Alpha 2
Streef Fighter Alpha 3
Strider 2
Suikoden
The King of Fighters ’99
Tomba!
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears

I only watched the first episode and I thought it was bad. The CGI looks off, the writing and acting were pretty bad too. I heard it got a little better but there is too much other stuff I need to watch.
I think my TV backlog is starting to compete with my gaming backlog, and Netflix has the AUDACITY to release the majority of Season 4 of Stranger Things tomorrow. I can't handle it.

They also just released the first two episodes of Obi Wan Kenobi on Disney plus today too.
I know I risk losing my nerd cred card when I say things like this, but I'm just done with so much Disney/Marvel/DC stuff.

It was a huge part of what I watched and read when I was younger (48 now,) but I am just bored with a lot of it now.

Might just be me.

Probably just need a break from them because there are a lot.

Check out Severance on Apple TV if you need a break and something else to watch.

Not gonna lie, Disney scares the bajeezus out of me and I try not to give them money. Which is pretty nearly impossible considering they own half of everything these days, but still.

I know I risk losing my nerd cred card when I say things like this, but I'm just done with so much Disney/Marvel/DC stuff.

It was a huge part of what I watched and read when I was younger (48 now,) but I am just bored with a lot of it now.

Might just be me.
It’s not fun anymore. It’s like homework to keep up with marvel. Oh you want to see this? Have you seen this series, these movies in this order?

Probably just need a break from them because there are a lot.

Check out Severance on Apple TV if you need a break and something else to watch.
Severance is the first new show I've watched in forever that I absolutely loved. So good. Great intro sequence.

https://youtu.be/NmS3m0OG-Ug

Saw this news on the PS5 dashboard about free PS5 upgrades for this trilogy of games I didn't know was a trilogy:

https://twitter.com/COWCATGames/status/1530085754814201856

Demon's Tier+:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1778-PPSA06876_00-DEMONPS500000000

Xenon Valkyrie+:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1778-PPSA06872_00-XENONPS500000000

Riddled Corpses EX:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1778-PPSA06874_00-RIDDLEDPS5000000

Trilogy bundle:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1778-PPSA06876_00-DIABOLICALTRILOG

Some new releases with PS+ discounts:

PS4 Ashigaru: The Last Shogun - $4.99 - 50% off - Ends 5/28 - The return of that dev Gilson B Pontes that made many bad games on PSN years ago

PS4 Moo Lander - $16.19 - 10% off - Ends 5/31 - Has a demo

PS5/PS4 Remote Life - $15.19 - 20% off - Ends 6/11

It’s not fun anymore. It’s like homework to keep up with marvel. Oh you want to see this? Have you seen this series, these movies in this order?
As someone whose idea of pregaming for a weekend convention includes marathoning anything that might be a current topic of conversation like I'm cramming for a final, I see this and say "challenge accepted." I enjoyed Doctor Strange far more because I pregamed for it by reading up on something of the things that spoilers hinted would be included.

https://twitter.com/thegranturismo/status/1529704254759391232
I've heard from some in the GT7 community that Force Feedback for wheels is all sorts of messed up with the new update.

I just got a Thrustmaster T300 and have been struggling to get that all dialed in, so hopefully they get it resolved quickly.

My PS+ expires before the new tiers start.  Is it correct that I can't add more time before it expires, but I would be able to after it expires?  Or would I be able to renew now if I go through the PS store instead of getting a PS+ card and redeeming a code?

Dungeon Defenders: Awakening's networking/party features are really buggy. Played a few nights ago and ran into a disconnect at the last wave of a match. Reinviting to party after that was buggy, with one PS5 thinking the party still existed and the other not. Had to close the game and relaunch it on both systems. Ran into a similar issue later. Only managed to complete one full level in online play without issue.

I saw they patched the game the next day, so hopefully the patch included a fix for that..but otherwise, prepare yourself for some frustration.

Plus Disney force directors to make the same type of movie with generic villains and horrible color grading. The only recent Marvel movies I wanted to watch are GOTG and Spiderman, the rest is just same ol same ol.

I love all the crazy, wildly inconsistent Batman related movies and TV shows. I think I'm done with extended universes, if I ever have to hear about crap like the Sokovia accords again I'm walking out of the theater.

Maybe similar to Netflix's F1 Drive to Survive?

The TV series news is meh to me. Not sure how they are going to pull off Horizon either unless they are going to give them a big budget for the special effects.
Gotcha. Just seemed like a weird IP to turn into a TV show. Sony might have better luck with other IPs like the cartoon characters (Ratchet and Clank? Jak and Daxter? Sly Cooper?).

In regards to the Marvel stuff, I think the last movie in the universe I have seen is Avengers Endgame. I boycott the TV show stuff because who the hell has time for that and videogames lol? My friend wanted to go see Dr Strange for $20 in AMC IMAX and I had to look up how far behind I was in the movie order before I could watch it:

-Spiderman Far From Home
-Black Widow
-Shang Chi
-Eternals

-Spiderman No way Home

I think I may need to retire from superhero movies until this ends lol

I was never into Marvel or DC superheroes when I was a kid. I was into American Manga like Ninja High School or comic adaptations of shows, movies or games that I enjoyed.  DC universe characters have always been so boring while Marvel artist loved to use so much wrinkles and shadows on their characters that they always looks like they should be living in a nursing home.

I had seen plenty of superhero movies, like the Keaton Batmans, the X-Men movies, and Raimi's Spidey trilogy, but it wasn't really until Ironman started the MCU that I finally got hooked on Marvel. Some movies are hit and miss, of course, I'm fine if I never see the first Captain America, second Thor, or Black Widow's movie ever again, but I still love watching how the cinematic universe intertwines.

I have Disney+ for the sole purpose of the MCU shows. I hate Star Wars, and 95% of Disney originals are aimed at a much younger demographic than I fit into, but having the MCU shows to invest in between the movie releases is great for me.

bread's done
Back