Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I hate Star Wars
bw43W.gif

[customspoiler=...]
HoarseGrizzledEyas-max-1mb.gif

[customspoiler=...]
star-wars-dont.gif

[/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

I'm streaming some Sniper Elite 5 if you want to see some Nazis insides shatter.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's basically more Sniper Elite, though the opening mission seems weaker than the past two games. There isn't much opportunity for sniper shots that are masked by sound, so I ended up spending more time trying to take a shot or two and run away until the coast is clear for a bit. The only other thing that I found that worked was just hiding in tall grass, whistling to get one guy's attention, and then kill or knock them out in the grass. I couldn't tell if the game was just able to generate infinite Nazis or if I'd eventually get them all, but it made the act of exploring the map more of a pain in the ass than it was in Sniper Elite 4. 

Maybe I need to turn down the difficulty or mess with some settings, but it's a weird follow-up to the past couple of games that were pretty straightforward and seemed to be designed for more exploration and experimentation. It seems to be cribbing from Hitman a bit with big boxes to hide bodies in and a weird focus mode is very limited with little use, but maybe that improves with some upgrades. I'll have to see if I can mess with settings to get it where I'd like it to be. Controls are also a bit unwieldy at times, like the binoculars being on R3 as a press but the focus is a hold on R3 to turn it on and to turn it off. I'd frequently pull up the binoculars when trying to turn it off. The acceleration on camera controls was also wildly all over the place with the normal camera feeling way too fast while in the scope or binoculars feeling too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some BRAND NEW PS4 slim for sale 500gb disc edition pm me if interested in buying I have only 5pcs left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm streaming some Sniper Elite 5 if you want to see some Nazis insides shatter.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's basically more Sniper Elite, though the opening mission seems weaker than the past two games. There isn't much opportunity for sniper shots that are masked by sound, so I ended up spending more time trying to take a shot or two and run away until the coast is clear for a bit. The only other thing that I found that worked was just hiding in tall grass, whistling to get one guy's attention, and then kill or knock them out in the grass. I couldn't tell if the game was just able to generate infinite Nazis or if I'd eventually get them all, but it made the act of exploring the map more of a pain in the ass than it was in Sniper Elite 4.

Maybe I need to turn down the difficulty or mess with some settings, but it's a weird follow-up to the past couple of games that were pretty straightforward and seemed to be designed for more exploration and experimentation. It seems to be cribbing from Hitman a bit with big boxes to hide bodies in and a weird focus mode is very limited with little use, but maybe that improves with some upgrades. I'll have to see if I can mess with settings to get it where I'd like it to be. Controls are also a bit unwieldy at times, like the binoculars being on R3 as a press but the focus is a hold on R3 to turn it on and to turn it off. I'd frequently pull up the binoculars when trying to turn it off. The acceleration on camera controls was also wildly all over the place with the normal camera feeling way too fast while in the scope or binoculars feeling too slow.
My experience is they just have a battalion in every area for some reason. They do run out eventually, there's just a ton. Helps save time if you realize that most deadly situations can be slipped out of to an Alamo bottleneck via a barn or room somewhere. The AI will usually single-file send one at you to rush the room right into your spray. Eventually they can't figure out where you are and you can run right up to them for knife kills.

Feels more 'Deer Hunter' than sniper elite IMO.

Yes, we're all having fun with this but this thread is not the place to hawk your wares.

Unless you're the guy who programmed the PS4 game and it's on sale.

Remember that you do indeed need to own a PS5 to get that collection and a lot of people don’t. That said, I’m sure almost everyone who had any interest in the game already owns it.

I already got dad of war when it and horizon were like 2-3 bucks each in a previous sale so them making it free with plus is about par for the course.

ce275b53edd9c64b65743d884c514e19.jpeg

Available my contact on each boxes ps 4 slim disc edition $210 each one 1T for $335 all are branded new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also gave away Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition during the Covid Play at Home Initiative last year.

It's almost like they decided to throw it togethere at the last minute & put the minium effort required into it :whistle2:k... It's the Playstation Classic all over again & I'm not surprised by that.
I sadly thought they would have learned from the Playstation Classic. My mistake.

The Americas market could use the NTSC version instead of the PAL version when it goes live. PAL version was supposedly used in the other markets because of the multi-language option.

Remember that you do indeed need to own a PS5 to get that collection and a lot of people don’t. That said, I’m sure almost everyone who had any interest in the game already owns it.
I'm in that camp, played all the previous GOW too. Just a true old school CAG

Tbf, there are plenty of issues with the emulation that are unrelated to using PAL versions that I don't expect to be fixed with the NA launch.
After watching that Digital Foundry video, it seems like there are a good deal of easy fixes for a lot of the things people see as issues.

I'm willing to see what the release in our region is like before I have any big reactions about it... and honestly, it'll be the PS4/5 library that I'll be playing most games on anyway.

Worst case scenario, I get my PS3 online and get my PS One library on there, not ideal... but not the end of the world either.

I'm gonna wait and see how I feel about the emulators by using them before I pass judgement. DF has a habit of obsessing about particular things and saying it ruins the experience for them. RE: Elden Ring's performance--I honestly didn't notice any problems and they spent weeks to months talking about it.

Is the full list of games out for the new sub yet? Wanted to buy gta for ps5 before price goes up, but I’m a little hesitant thinking it might go to the service since RDR2 is.

Is the full list of games out for the new sub yet? Wanted to buy gta for ps5 before price goes up, but I’m a little hesitant thinking it might go to the service since RDR2 is.
The thing is that I don’t think any Rockstar game has been on a service (PS Now or GamePass) for more than like three months. I’m guessing RDR2 will be the same. Just something to keep in mind.

DF has a habit of obsessing about particular things RE: Elden Ring's performance--I honestly didn't notice any problems
Well.. it's what they do. They're a hardware/performance subsite. So you're one of these people who doesn't notice such things. That's fine, but why even highlight that they actually pay attention to their raison d'etre?

In reference to Elden Ring, pre patch the FPS was pretty shit.  Post patch, it was much better.  I am referring to the PS5 version.  Then again I haven't played in a bit but this was a couple months back.

Well.. it's what they do. They're a hardware/performance subsite. So you're one of these people who doesn't notice such things. That's fine, but why even highlight that they actually pay attention to their raison d'etre?
Honest answer, how I feel: I love probably 70% of their content but then sometimes they just go off on a 10 minute tangent about black frame insertion. Or I have to listen to John evangelize about some other ultra-specific thing I don't give a crap about.

TBH, I'm probably too poor to be caring about that kinda stuff. I can't afford an OLED TV, don't have VRR, never had PC capable of running anything higher than 60 FPS, etc.

So both my ps plus and ps now expired this week. I set my ps now to auto renew, and it did so I got another year for the standard price. I had auto renew turned off for my ps plus sub though, but I'm about to buy just one month right now.

So, help me understand, once the new service launches I will be simply converted to a year's worth of PS Plus Premium? Everything I'm reading seems to indicate this, but I find it hard to believe Sony is about the let me save almost 50% on a year of their fancy new service just because I lucked out on the timing of my subs expiring. Is this really what's going to happen in a couple weeks?

You don't need to buy the PS+ code actually. It's Now that gets grandfathered to premium. The reason so many people are talking about both subs is that you get premium for the length of the longer of the two subs if you have both.

So if you have four years of plus stacked and one month of Now, you get four years of premium. If you have four years of Now stacked and no plus, you also get four years of premium. If you have four years of plus stacked and no Now, you get four years of essential. It's why everyone was scrambling for one-month Now codes for the last few weeks.

Here's where Sony talked about Now converting straight to Premium: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

Here's where Sony has their FAQ up that explains that you get the longer of the two subs: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

They would need the month of PS+ if they want to play online or use any of their PS+ titles between now and the new service launch.  This does seem like a better way to do it though, mine expires tomorrow, maybe I'll go for a year of Now and a month of PS+ instead of just renewing PS+.  (I'm in the middle of Control from PS+ right now.)

bread's done
Back