Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The Sly Collection and Sly 4 are still able to be streamed. They were never given PS4 ports, only the Jak series was.
I noticed the inability to disable auto-renew too. I'm hoping it'll be fixed once the two subscriptions are completely merged.
Edit: Nevermind. Just noticed the 0 days timer on the page in the PS Now app. Disappointing.
Right? The Sly games really should have been there. They're friggin' first-party games! This isn't a "whoops Capcom/Konami/Sega/whoever decided to pull their games" situation.

I'm ALSO still annoyed - I was before the switch and still am - that the Ratchet & Clank Collection isn't on Now/Plus Premium. I have it digitally on PS3, but that means I have a whole-ass console still set up to play essentially that one title when, c'mon, all the OTHER Ratchet games are streaming, why not that one?

I'm ALSO still annoyed - I was before the switch and still am - that the Ratchet & Clank Collection isn't on Now/Plus Premium. I have it digitally on PS3, but that means I have a whole-ass console still set up to play essentially that one title when, c'mon, all the OTHER Ratchet games are streaming, why not that one?
Have felt the same way.
The Jak PS3 collection was never on there either but they released those meh PS4 versions so it wasn't that big a deal ultimately. Then again, the PS3 versions of the Uncharted trilogy are on there for whatever reason.
Maybe we'll get a Sly Cooper Quadrilogy and a Ratchet Clank Collection port announcement at the next State of Play.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did say only select PS1/PSP games would be able to be bought outside the subscription service (and presumably as a result, only select previous purchases can be claimed for free on PS4/PS5).
I assumed they were referring to games that had been either delisted from the store or had never been offered on the store at all, but I guess not.
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/
Looks like these are purchaseable (and able to be claimed for free if already purchased on PS3/PSP/Vita):
Ape Escape
echochrome
Hot Shots Golf
IQ Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash!
Oddworld Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter
Wild Arms
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party

There are subscription only:
Mr. Driller
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Tekken 2
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading that. Echochrome is also prompting me to purchase and I know I bought that. Though I'm wondering if I only owned the ps3 version and psp is what's needed to trigger it being free now.

Anyone having issues with the new plans. I have ps+ and recently added ps now but now with the switch its still showing I only have those two separate and not converted premium. Any suggestions on what to do?

Anyone having issues with the new plans. I have ps+ and recently added ps now but now with the switch its still showing I only have those two separate and not converted premium. Any suggestions on what to do?
I also added PSNow while subscribed to PS+ and while I still see both subscriptions separately, the PS+ entry shows this:

Upcoming Plan Change
PlayStation Plus Premium: 1 Month Subscription
Next payment date: 12/19/2024
Next payment: $9.99

Meanwhile, this is what the PSNow entry shows:

Upcoming Plan Change
PlayStation Now: 1-Month Subscription
Next payment date: 06/30/2022
Next payment: $9.99

I'm able to add PS+ Premium games (including Wild Arms, Ape Escape, and Syphon Filter) to my library, so maybe this will reconcile later in the week?

So apparently Sony removed over 200 games from their game collection overnight without any heads-up. This is on top of the games that already left prior to the switch (from publishers like Konami and SEGA) and includes stuff like the aforementioned Sly and Killzone which are first-party series.
fucking ridiculous.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/vb9eyy/comment/ic6wiu3/
Nothing. They're probably still working on consolidating the plans.

Does anybody know if you can stack PS plus codes now. I would imagine you can but if you can I definitely want to do that before I upgrade.

Does anybody know if you can stack PS plus codes now. I would imagine you can but if you can I definitely want to do that before I upgrade.
Why would you want to do that? You have to pay the upgrade fee at this point so that doesn't save you any money unless I'm missing something(which is possible, this is slightly confusing)

You can stack PS Plus codes now but they'll automatically convert to PS Plus Premium time if you use them while already having a PS Plus Premium subscription.

So I have yet to try this on my PS5. This is my situation before the new PS Plus. Does this mean I'm automatically upgraded due to the Now subscription I have?

PlayStation Plus
CURRENT PLAN
Expiration date: 04/06/2030

PlayStation Now: 12-Month Subscription
CURRENT PLAN
Expiration date: 07/08/2022

So I have yet to try this on my PS5. This is my situation before the new PS Plus. Does this mean I'm automatically upgraded due to the Now subscription I have?

PlayStation Plus
CURRENT PLAN

CURRENT PLAN
Isn't Playstation Now what used to be PS Plus? Only Sony could be so good at confusing the hell out of people. They did the same thing with their PS4 to PS5 game upgrades.

I forgot I had 8 years of playstation plus stack up. Its 149.99 to upgrade the whole thing to the highest tier till 2030. Seems like a deal to me.

PlayStation Plus
CURRENT PLAN

CURRENT PLAN
Yes, that's how mine looks more or less but not with the 2030 end date lol. If you go to the new plus page it should show you are good through 2030. The subscription management page is not updating.

So im still subscribed with the basic psplus service. What would be my cheapest option atm to upgrade to premium or extra?... can i buy a few years and then upgrade like gamespass? Or will it be the same as just upgrading through the sony store?

So apparently Sony removed over 200 games from their game collection overnight without any heads-up. This is on top of the games that already left prior to the switch (from publishers like Konami and SEGA) and includes stuff like the aforementioned Sly and Killzone which are first-party series.
fucking ridiculous.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/vb9eyy/comment/ic6wiu3/
Nothing. They're probably still working on consolidating the plans.
This is really crappy. I know people here don't really talk bad about Sony as they see them as God but it's not a good practice to just get rid of 251 games overnight without telling your customers you are going to do it. I wanted to play some of those games especially the Sly cooper series. Lame.

List of free games in the service: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/

Lots of games in there that I almost bought on sale over the past couple months but held out just in case they'd be free :)
Then I see all of the games they did add and am pleasantly surprised. Looking through the list, I didn't know about at least 10 of them. What's even better is I own some of these games and can now sell them or trade them in. I haven't even played certain games I bought like Ass Creed Valhalla, SM MM, Death Stranding DC and more. I feel okay with owning some of the games already though as I got to already experience them and games like Shenmue I bought the DLC for which aren't included.

Do we know if there will be any permanent games on the service? For example, on Game Pass, every first party MS game won't leave the service. Has Sony stated anything about that yet? Is there anyway to save games I want to play in the future? With PS Now, I could add game favorites all in one place but now I have to go to each game all over again. I see wishlist and that seems to be similar correct?

Do we know if any PSVR games are on the service? I am looking for a way to filter. I see Kona is on there as well as Tetris Effect so I wonder if the game is there if it's automatically the PSVR version too. I see that Kona has a $2.99 PSVR add on price but Tetris does not. Maybe going to be a case by case basis.

Just an FYI: I'd still hold off redeeming any PS+ codes until your sub expires. Mine is up tomorrow, but I redeemed a 12 month PS+ card in the android app today, it showed redeemed, added the 12 months and showed a 2023 expiration, then immediately took it away and said the code was already used, and it isn't in my transaction history. Sony support is not helpful. They said it was redeemed on another account, but couldn't tell me which account. I have no other account. It all happened so fast, otherwise I wouldn't screenshot my phone at redemption.

This is really crappy. I know people here don't really talk bad about Sony as they see them as God but it's not a good practice to just get rid of 251 games overnight without telling your customers you are going to do it. I wanted to play some of those games especially the Sly cooper series. Lame.

Then I see all of the games they did add and am pleasantly surprised. Looking through the list, I didn't know about at least 10 of them. What's even better is I own some of these games and can now sell them or trade them in. I haven't even played certain games I bought like Ass Creed Valhalla, SM MM, Death Stranding DC and more. I feel okay with owning some of the games already though as I got to already experience them and games like Shenmue I bought the DLC for which aren't included.

Do we know if there will be any permanent games on the service? For example, on Game Pass, every first party MS game won't leave the service. Has Sony stated anything about that yet? Is there anyway to save games I want to play in the future? With PS Now, I could add game favorites all in one place but now I have to go to each game all over again. I see wishlist and that seems to be similar correct?

Do we know if any PSVR games are on the service? I am looking for a way to filter. I see Kona is on there as well as Tetris Effect so I wonder if the game is there if it's automatically the PSVR version too. I see that Kona has a $2.99 PSVR add on price but Tetris does not. Maybe going to be a case by case basis.
I saw Eagle Flight on the list, which is VR-only I think.

There’s no way I subbed to PS+ through 2025, but my expiration shows June 2025. Not complaining, but seems like an error. Anyone else seeing something similar? I also have the option to upgrade to Extra/Premium for $100/$150.

Just an FYI: I'd still hold off redeeming any PS+ codes until your sub expires. Mine is up tomorrow, but I redeemed a 12 month PS+ card in the android app today, it showed redeemed, added the 12 months and showed a 2023 expiration, then immediately took it away and said the code was already used, and it isn't in my transaction history. Sony support is not helpful. They said it was redeemed on another account, but couldn't tell me which account. I have no other account. It all happened so fast, otherwise I wouldn't screenshot my phone at redemption.
Did you check the new plus page or the subscription management page? I had the same thing happen but the new plus page shows the correct end date.

I think the new PS+ or game demo feature has psprices.com confused, they sent me a notification that Horizon Forbidden West is 100% off with PS+.  That nearly gave me a heart attack since I'd just bought it a few days ago. :shock:

Did you check the new plus page or the subscription management page? I had the same thing happen but the new plus page shows the correct end date.
You're correct. When clicking the "Join Playstation Plus" button (even though I still have PS+), then under the Essential tab, that's literally the only place that shows the 12 months (2023 expiration) that I added today. It doesn't show anywhere else. Maybe everything is still in the process of updating. Frustrating though.

I think the new PS+ or game demo feature has psprices.com confused, they sent me a notification that Horizon Forbidden West is 100% off with PS+. That nearly gave me a heart attack since I'd just bought it a few days ago. :shock:
Yeah I also got an email blast with a ton of games that I had wishlisted on psprices and they were all showing as free with PS+. This is kind of irritating since even if they are included in the Extra/Premium game catalog, they can leave at any time- unlike actual PS+ monthly free games which are yours as long as your sub is active. There needs to be some distinction between the free PS+ games downloads and the new PSNow-style games.

There’s no way I subbed to PS+ through 2025, but my expiration shows June 2025. Not complaining, but seems like an error. Anyone else seeing something similar? I also have the option to upgrade to Extra/Premium for $100/$150.

My sub is till 2030. And it shows 100/150 to upgrade the whole thing.

My sub year is right tho. Got tons of years threw all thoes cd keys promos.

My sub is till 2030. And it shows 100/150 to upgrade the whole thing.

My sub year is right tho. Got tons of years threw all thoes cd keys promos.
I guess $100-150 is the max default. My only issue is that I wish I could try out the service and streaming before I commit an additional $100+.

So I own echo chrome digitally on psp and ps3 since it was cross buy, but it’s not showing up as owned for me? Is this because it’s a completely different version for ps4/ps5?

Has there been any info about game streaming on PC?  There used to be a PS Now program for PC but the link and page have been removed to point to the new PS+ stuff.

So I own echo chrome digitally on psp and ps3 since it was cross buy, but it’s not showing up as owned for me? Is this because it’s a completely different version for ps4/ps5?
I don't think echochrome was cross buy. You need to have purchased the PSP version to have the PS4/PS5 in your library. I had purchased only the PS3 version and it does not show in my library.

So if it was bought on PS4 it shows up as free, but if you bought it on PS3, you have to upgrade to PlayStation Plus blah blah … case in point, Tokyo Jungle was purchased on PS3 but requires an upgrade and doesn’t show I own it, but Wild Arms was a free download … or is it that PS1 games are a free upgrade but PS2 and PS3 can’t be played without upgrading to the premium monthly service.

Either way, pretty garbage compared to Xbox’s process.

My sub seems to have been extended a good bit through this process. I had PS+ expiring on 12/1/22 and got in on that PS Now 12-month sub option right after they started taking the options for extended subs that would've ended 4/3/23. The new end date I have with PS+ Premium is 4/3/24, which is a full extra year. Seems like a generous extension for having subs to both.

My sub seems to have been extended a good bit through this process. I had PS+ expiring on 12/1/22 and got in on that PS Now 12-month sub option right after they started taking the options for extended subs that would've ended 4/3/23. The new end date I have with PS+ Premium is 4/3/24, which is a full extra year. Seems like a generous extension for having subs to both.
Supposed to be extended through your longest sub date. Did either sub go through 4/24 for you yesterday?

Edit: I didn't see that your dates were 22 and 23.

Also, there's definitely some backend confusion. The screen attached is from the PS app, showing both my premium and recurring one month, but my PS5 only shows the premium.[attachment=37012:Screenshot_20220613-154206_PS App.jpg]

Also, now that it shows that I have PS+ Premium should I cancel my PS Now? It shows a "next payment date". Or should I let the year sub run out on its own without canceling?

bread's done
Back