Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
15 Full Game Trials on PS+ Premium

PS4 - Biomutant - 2 Hours

PS4 - The Cruel King and the Great Hero - 2 Hours

PS5 - Crusader Kings III - 3 Hours

PS5/PS4 - Cyberpunk 2077 - 5 Hours

PS5/PS4 - Elex II - 2 Hours

PS5/PS4 - Farming Simulator 22 - 3 Hours

PS5/PS4 - Horizon Forbidden West - 5 Hours

PS5 - Hot Wheels Unleashed - 2 Hours

PS4 - LEGO City Undercover - 2 Hours

PS5/PS4 - MotoGP 22 - 2 Hours

PS5/PS4 - OlliOlli World - 1 Hour

PS5 - SpellForce III Reforced - 2 Hours

PS5/PS4 - Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 2 Hours

PS5 - Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection - 2 Hours

PS5 - WWE 2K22 - 2 Hours

Hope they also patch RE7 to have a 3rd person mode too.
Probably not since it wasn't announced now and the next-gen version is here. That'd be a lot of work for an older game, 8 makes more sense as they're still working on it and went to third-person for the DLC.

Maybe for RE7 Remake.

It's awesome that Sony released directors cuts and full DLC games on the service. I don't believe Game Pass has any GOTY games or full DLC games on it.

It's awesome that Sony released directors cuts and full DLC games on the service. I don't believe Game Pass has any GOTY games or full DLC games on it.
I know Fallout 3 GOTY is on there, as well as Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY and Origins Ultimate (if you count EA Play). It looks like there’s also Gears 5 GOTY, Elder Scrolls, PVZ GOTY…

Edit- Not there yet, but Persona 5 Royal is technically a more deluxe version that will hit Game Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil Village is RE8 not RE7. I will do some googling if Capcom will upgrade it for PSVR2.

I know Fallout 3 GOTY is on there, as well as Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY and Origins Ultimate (if you count EA Play). It looks like there’s also Gears 5 GOTY, Elder Scrolls, PVZ GOTY…

Edit- Not there yet, but Persona 5 Royal is technically a more deluxe version that will hit Game Pass.
Fallout 3 GOTY is only for PC. I know that because I played it recently and used my disc copy on my Series X. I forgot about Gears 5 and the rest of the games I did not know about and not sure of all are on Series X or PC so that's good to know Game Pass also has GOTY games. Still really cool that Sony is giving us them day one.

One annoying thing I am finding when browsing the games is that after you scroll to a game you want and then hit the back button, it takes you all the way back to the top. I am searching under all games to check them all out its taking me all the way back to the top starting with A games every time. Hopefully a glitch they fix asap.

PSVR games on PlayStation Plus Extra

Bound

Chess Ultra

Concrete Genie

Eagle Flight

Infinite Minigolf

Kona - Requires DLC purchase

Prey - Requires DLC purchase

Rez Infinite

Space Junkies

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Tetris Effect: Connected

Trackmania Turbo

Transference

Werewolves Within

I think I got them all. The odd thing is that there's another VR game in there, at least it was on Oculus. Chronos: Before the Ashes is a 2D port of a PCVR game.

They have not said anything about an PSVR2 upgrade for RE7. It might be possible they'll announce closer to the hardware release, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably will be stuck running the PS4 version through backwards compatibility.

PSVR games on PlayStation Plus Extra

Bound

Chess Ultra

Concrete Genie

Eagle Flight

Infinite Minigolf

Kona - Requires DLC purchase

Prey - Requires DLC purchase

Rez Infinite

Space Junkies

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Tetris Effect: Connected

Trackmania Turbo

Transference

Werewolves Within

I think I got them all.
Hopefully more to come!

PS5 games on PS+ Extra

The Artful Escape

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Assetto Corsa Competizione

Balan Wonderworld

Control Ultimate Edition

CrisTales

Death Stranding Director's Cut

Demon's Souls

Destruction AllStars

Evil Genius 2: World Domination

Foreclosed

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - Different version from what you may already own, but doesn't seem to have different content

Ghostrunner

GreedFall Standard Edition

Human: Fall Flat

I Am Dead

KeyWe

Kona

Last Stop

Lawn Mowing Simulator

Maneater

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Monster Truck Championship

Mortal Kombat 11

MXGP 2021: The Official Motocross Videogame

NBA 2K22

Observer: System Redux

Override 2: Super Mech League

Returnal

Ride 4

Tennis World Tour 2: Complete Edition

Tour de France 2021

Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood

WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship

Wreckfest

Wytchwood

It's nice to see how many recent PS Now additions that were only the PS4 version have gotten the PS5 version added, too.

If they have the same framework as the PS+ monthly games, we should get word of what classic games are being added next week with an announcement this Wednesday.

They have not said anything about an PSVR2 upgrade for RE7. It might be possible they'll announce closer to the hardware release, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably will be stuck running the PS4 version through backwards compatibility.
Oh man, I am still a little worried that they haven't confirmed BC for PSVR yet but hopefully it's just because they are still figuring out the best way to do it and just how many games they will be able to include.

I am pretty impressed with this new PS+. I have the premium version and have just been scrolling through all the games and putting PS3 ones on my wishlist and downloading some games I think I will get to soon or just want to play. Still curious how long the games will be on the service and how far ahead they will announce games that are leaving or being added but a great launch IMO!

I see the annoying trend of having to delete the disc version and download the digital version has stuck around for this gen.
Yep, even though you’re downloading it with the disc version, Sony loves contributing to your data cap! (Thankfully I don’t have one but annoying all the same)

Oh, they also like to try to keep downloading the PS4 version of a game that got a PS5 upgrade if you are using a disc.

Fixing annoying system software bugs doesn’t seem to be of concern to Sony.

Games in the PS+ catalog give me the option to add to my library on the app, should I be doing that? Would that attach it to my account for as long as I'm subscribed even if the game is removed?

What happens if I buy a ps plus 12 month code on a website right now?

Can i still upgrade to premium at the discounted rate?
Thing is, I don't think it's a discount if you're only on a single year. I think there's a cap on upgrade costs if you have multiple years stacked but if you buy a single year it's still gonna ding you for the other 60.

In April, I added a year of PS Now. I am currently on PS+ Premium. Says my next payment is due on April 4th 2023 for $59.99 and will recur every 12 months. I have no idea if that means I get premium for $59.99 for as long as I want or if it will just give me the normal PS essential.

Thing is, I don't think it's a discount if you're only on a single year. I think there's a cap on upgrade costs if you have multiple years stacked but if you buy a single year it's still gonna ding you for the other 60.
Hmmm but i guess if i buy the ps plus membership at a discount, that would save money?

Just trying to find the most cag way to subscribe lol, i should have bought those ps now subs with everyone else.

Is there no way to buy Tekken 2 straight up? Not sure if I’m just dumb or you can’t just buy it. Thought I read somewhere that you’d be able to buy games individually. I also had it purchased on ps3 and thought I’d also just get it for free

Is there no way to buy Tekken 2 straight up? Not sure if I’m just dumb or you can’t just buy it. Thought I read somewhere that you’d be able to buy games individually. I also had it purchased on ps3 and thought I’d also just get it for free
It seems Bamco and Capcom aren't playing ball for whatever reason, can't buy Tekken, Mr Driller, or Resident Evil.

This kills any hype I had for PS1. Hopefully Square-Enix adds buyable stuff, Parasite Eve would be good.

Hmmm but i guess if i buy the ps plus membership at a discount, that would save money?

Just trying to find the most cag way to subscribe lol, i should have bought those ps now subs with everyone else.
That would save you some, sure.

And, yeah, Sony have gone out of their way to make it difficult to get Premium on the cheap. Like, if you could find a Now card, maybe you could stack Plus Essential and then pop a Now card in there to get converted, since the Now should, in theory, redeem as Premium? And maybe that would work the same as what worked for people who got converted on the 13th?

But Now cards aren't available at retail anymore, so while I'm speculating that might work, you're probably paying a grey market markup unless you're sitting on a stash of those cards.

Buying Premium while subscribed to Plus is just gonna make you convert all your Plus time, on the other hand; if the conversion is capped at $150, you might be able to stack a ton of Plus and then convert it all for that $150.

But the cheapest way to convert was to be subscribed to both services when the rollover happened. What's left now is a game of less and more expensive, where you're adding $60-150 to the cost of whatever Plus time you buy, in all likelihood.

A little bummed that Sony-published and Sony studio-developed MLB The Show is on Game Pass but not PS+. Other than that, launch list generally looked pretty good to me. Played some Tetris Effect last night. Going to play Ys 9. Will check-out Returnal even though it's not really my kind of thing.

A little surprised that Kena is not part of Extra/Premium. It’s the type of game I would love to play within a service without outright purchasing it.
It was a great game and worth the price. I really enjoyed it. It's a game that needs new game plus. I've been waiting to play it again with the hope they add new game plus. I expect it to appear on the service in the near future. They are not going to put everything on there right away they need to have stuff every month for people to get hyped about.

I'm going to maybe upgrade once they add Stray. The upgrade costs were not that bad.

Looks like Sony caught onto the "claiming a PS5 upgrade of a game you have through Plus lets you keep the game permanently" trick. Can't claim RE7 to keep despite having it with Plus.

Looks like Sony caught onto the "claiming a PS5 upgrade of a game you have through Plus lets you keep the game permanently" trick. Can't claim RE7 to keep despite having it with Plus.
Not really. Pubs have the option to allow it or not. The Furi devs just allowed it a couple of weeks ago.

I played Dragon's Lair via streaming and it worked for the whole five minutes before I decided fuck this game.

How did I ever tolerate playing it in the arcades?

Now though Dragon's Lair is the first game on my list of games.  Anyone know how to remove it from this listing?

I don't want my PS5 XMB (or whatever it's called on the PS5) to be cluttered with games I'm just trying out.

Not really. Pubs have the option to allow it or not. The Furi devs just allowed it a couple of weeks ago.
Fair enough but I remember this happening with DBD though, and I'd be honestly surprised if they deliberately allowed that to happen. Obviously the tech to block it has been added since as evidenced by FFVII and Uncharted but I thought it was more of a "publisher specifically asks for a block ahead of time" kind of thing and I didn't see those kind of warnings ahead of time with RE7.

Might have missed it, but how is this new PS Plus going to work in stores or anywhere outside of buying directly from Playstation? Will the different tiers be purchasable in stores, and if so how long until they become available? Rather use store credit I may have somewhere if it is possible.

You're correct. When clicking the "Join Playstation Plus" button (even though I still have PS+), then under the Essential tab, that's literally the only place that shows the 12 months (2023 expiration) that I added today. It doesn't show anywhere else. Maybe everything is still in the process of updating. Frustrating though.
My Plus has expired, and that spot is now asking me to pay for Essential. So that's 12 months just gone. Thanks Sony. It's also shady that you have to cancel your sub to what essentially equates to turning off auto-renew. Why does it feel like Sony is this gen's Microsoft like Microsoft was at the launch of the Xbox One.

Might have missed it, but how is this new PS Plus going to work in stores or anywhere outside of buying directly from Playstation? Will the different tiers be purchasable in stores, and if so how long until they become available? Rather use store credit I may have somewhere if it is possible.
Existing PS Plus cards will just grant that length of time at the Essential tier.
They may introduce cards for other tiers later.
You can also just buy PSN prepaid cards and use the funds to buy subscriptions straight from Sony.

bread's done
Back