Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Wish that freaking plague tale CE wasn’t a store exclusive. Not paying full price for it when there’s no steelbook and no matter how sexy Amecia looks

I snagged a cheap Sonic Origins code last night off a buddy on Reddit. Game is pretty solid. Sadly wish there were more games on the collection.
I'll grab it on sale sometime since it's the definitive versions of 1, 2 and CD. It's too bad they butchered the redone music for 3 though.

Lame. Usually "founder's pack" deadlines are announced ahead of time in a way to give you time to play the game if you already have access to it. See: Fall Guys, Knockout City, etc.
This just makes me less interested in ever giving the game a try.
So apparently they made an exception for those who claimed the game through Plus during its launch window or bought it outright, so that's something. Was able to claim it in-game, it's only a few customizations and 0 game cuttency which is pretty lackluster for a Founder's Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question. If I'm looking to have PS+ Extra, can do it by finding a deal on regular PS+ card and then upgrade?

I read about Sony charging the price difference in upgrades but never knew if that was a real thing or only applies to PS+ discounts purchased through PS Store only.

Yes, I bought a 12 month ps+ digital code from cdkeys for $45 and upon redeeming it was given the “essential” plan which is fine for me. You can upgrade to the Extra plan for $40 more on top of your current subscription or pay $60 more for Premium on top of your current subscription.

Some of these early 3D games are in bad need of a remaster. I played about an hour of the original Ape Escape a game I loved when it came out and the controls and camera are so frustrating that it's not very much fun to play. 

Crash 4 is a good get for basic PS Plus. Man of Medan is ok I guess, but it's a game that's better for PS Now/Game Pass due to its nature.
Never heard of Arcadegeddon.

Some of these early 3D games are in bad need of a remaster. I played about an hour of the original Ape Escape a game I loved when it came out and the controls and camera are so frustrating that it's not very much fun to play.
I feel that on a lot of early 3D games on the PS1. Nostalgia does not always overcome the bad controls/camera.

Ape Escape (the original) had garbage controls even back then. It doesn't feel great to control. Luckily the sequels are nice to control for the most part.

It's the new game from the guys who did the Friday the 13th game.
Interesting. Looked it up, I liked F13 but this doesn't seem like my cup of tea.
Hopefully Gun Media and Sumo Digital's upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre game is more my speed than this and Illfonic and Sony's take on the Predator.

I just played through Jumping Flash a game I had never played before and thankfully it played a lot better than Ape Escape.
Ape Escape was the first game to require the Dualshock and the controls were terrible even back then. I remember a lot of people being unhappy about it.

I'll grab it on sale sometime since it's the definitive versions of 1, 2 and CD. It's too bad they butchered the redone music for 3 though.
https://youtu.be/kas9IbqvJgg

Looks like there's a lot more issues than initially reported.

I'm streaming some of the smaller games on PS+ to see if they're hidden gems or not.

Edit: Played Legends of Ethernal, Chronos: Before the Ashes, Gabbuchi, and Space Crew.

Legends of Ethernal seems like a solid 2D action adventure game with a lot of story to it, but it has a slow start and more mechanics to unlock later than I'd like. Might be worth checking out if you want to play one of those.

Chronos: Before the Ashes is a 2DTV port of an Oculus VR Souls-like that doesn't work well without the VR. The combat is too slow and cumbersome and the camera during lock-ons is offset, unlike most games in the genre that makes it a bit weird. The most interesting thing is that this is a prequel to Remnant: From the Ashes, but that is a much better take on the genre. Play The Surge games for some good Souls-likes on PS+.

Gabbuchi is my favorite of this bunch as a simplistic puzzle platformer that gives me big BoxBoy! vibes in the way these puzzles work. Definite recommendation for puzzle platformer fans, as it has some clever puzzle design and neat advanced techniques you need to use to solve these puzzles and the bonus goals.

Space Crew is the follow-up to Bomber Crew in this developer's series of FTL-style games. This game is most influenced by Star Trek as you manage a crew of six on a ship with more stations than people to fill them, so the challenge is trying to keep up with what's going on take out enemies, fix machines, or do whatever else your mission asks of you. There is plenty of management stuff to do between missions with recruiting new members, outfitting them, and other things. This version is also the Legendary Edition, so you get the extra campaign to play through. It even has plenty of options for tuning the difficulty a good bit to make it easier or harder.

There are a handful of new games in the Atari 50 collection:

• Swordquest: AirWorld – Yes, you read that right: After nearly 40 years of waiting, the team at Digital Eclipse has created the fourth and final entry in the legendary Swordquest series, inspired by the design concepts of original Swordquest creator Tod Frye. Who will be the first to solve its mysteries – and finally complete the quest?
  • Haunted Houses – The original "survival horror" game for the Atari 2600 gets a modern 3D voxel-based sequel, featuring more houses, more spooky situations, and more urns.
  • VCTR-SCTR – This mashup celebration of the vector era of gaming combines the gameplay from Asteroids, Tempest, and other vector-based arcade classics into a single, continuous challenge.
  • Neo Breakout – An amazing and addictive two-player competition that combines the best features of Breakout and Pong, with a modern graphic style.
  • Quadratank – The first new entry in the classic Tank series since 1978 combines features from the original games with four-player fun in team or free-for-all modes.
  • Yars' Revenge Reimagined – Howard Scott Warshaw's masterpiece for the Atari 2600 gets a whole new look – and you can swap between original and modern graphics at any time! Designed by Digital Eclipse studio head Mike Mika, who created the Game Boy Color version of Yars' Revenge in 1999.
https://www.atari.com/games/50th-celebration/

Cool, I'd be interested in an Atari collection that doesn't have just the usual 70s/early80s stuff.
To be fair, there’s very little worth noting from Atari Corporation (the console/home computer company, the arcade company became Atari Games and their assets are all (mostly?) owned by WB now) after the early 80s. The Tramiels (who ran the company from 1984 to 1996) rather famously had no interest in video games, and mismanaged the console side of the business pretty badly.

Showing OOS for me, but I'll keep checking back. Thanks for posting

Edit: Damn, showed available briefly, but went OOS again when I tried to check out.

bread's done
Back