Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I grabbed a year of ps+ essential for $39.99 and since I never had a ps4 it looks like I’m set for a while. I claimed the 3 games for the month and the 19 games for having a ps5. I shouldn’t need to buy anything else for a bit.

I grabbed a year of ps+ essential for $39.99 and since I never had a ps4 it looks like I’m set for a while. I claimed the 3 games for the month and the 19 games for having a ps5. I shouldn’t need to buy anything else for a bit.
I felt this sentence

https://twitter.com/HogwartsLegacy/status/1558121248814759939

I read that publishers are moving their big releases around because of Ragnarok. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered UNDERNAUTS for PS5 when Amazon had it for $30 as a price error, and then forgot about it. It's on its way now, but I'm not sure I want it. Does anyone have any sense of whether this is the kind of game that will get cheap in a hurry, or if it's niche enough that it will hold its value? 

Has anyone ever claimed an "Included with Plus" game after having already claimed that game's free physical PS5 upgrade?  I'm wondering if both versions stay on your account or if your disc upgrade version is canceled out by the Plus version.

I shall elaborate. I own a physical PS4 disc of Dead by Daylight. I claimed, and have been playing, the free PS5 upgrade version. However, because I play the game sooo much, I think I would prefer to grab the Plus version now just so I don't have to constantly pop the disc in all the time. But I don't want claiming the Plus version to overwrite my disc upgrade version in my account/library, just incase there comes a day in the far future when I no longer have that tier of Plus.

Normally, I shouldn't have to ask this, but I discovered back when the new tiers came out that you cannot claim the free PS5 upgrades to PS4 disc games if that game is included for free in Plus, as when I attempted to claim my Cris Tales upgrade and whenever I clicked on the disc upgrade icon, the claim button would be overwritten by a "Download free with Plus" button instead.

Question: just recently got a PS5 and got a year of essential cheaper than it would be through psn store ..

If I want to upgrade to the next tier how much will that cost me and am I allowed to revert back after say a month or two without being charged more money since I already bought a year?

Question: just recently got a PS5 and got a year of essential cheaper than it would be through psn store ..

If I want to upgrade to the next tier how much will that cost me and am I allowed to revert back after say a month or two without being charged more money since I already bought a year?
Price will be whatever it is minus the sub you already have.

And if you sign up for a year, which I think you have to, no you can't revert back until that sub is up.

Damn it evil west. I guess since I got it for 30% off I won’t be getting a bigger discount at target anytime soon anyway so it’s all good

I pre-ordered UNDERNAUTS for PS5 when Amazon had it for $30 as a price error, and then forgot about it. It's on its way now, but I'm not sure I want it. Does anyone have any sense of whether this is the kind of game that will get cheap in a hurry, or if it's niche enough that it will hold its value?
Time will tell, I suppose. I only ever saw like 2 copies of the switch version on a shelf and it would seem there is no PS5 upgrade for this game. If it's a small printing (and its a game people want/like) one day, it may go up, esp if the digital version ever gets delisted. My estimation is if it goes up in value, it'll be more than a few years

weird 0 and kiwami are both showing up as downloadable. I'm pretty sure I never bought those. I don't have extra either.  kiwami 2 isn't showing up as downloadable and has the get ps+extra tag to get it under the add to library or whatever button.

If you have PS+ Extra, they’re both in that as of yesterday.
I don't have extra which is why I don't understand why these are popping up but others are not. I probably should have mentioned I don't have extra in the previous comment so my bad. Fixed that. Kiwami 2 doesn't show as downloadable so I dunno whats up. The only yakuza title I have purchased on psn is 6 I believe. It's funny since the games I should be able to download on ps4 because of the new system for titles you own on other platforms I can't for some of those titles (regardless of whether I bought them in a sale or got them through ps+ or anything else) but games I've never owned are showing up as free.

I'll just chalk it up to getting stuff for free for no discernable reason like that batch of ps+ titles from a few years ago suddenly being playable on my account when I didn't have plus anymore.

Has anyone ever claimed an "Included with Plus" game after having already claimed that game's free physical PS5 upgrade? I'm wondering if both versions stay on your account or if your disc upgrade version is canceled out by the Plus version.

I shall elaborate. I own a physical PS4 disc of Dead by Daylight. I claimed, and have been playing, the free PS5 upgrade version. However, because I play the game sooo much, I think I would prefer to grab the Plus version now just so I don't have to constantly pop the disc in all the time. But I don't want claiming the Plus version to overwrite my disc upgrade version in my account/library, just incase there comes a day in the far future when I no longer have that tier of Plus.

Normally, I shouldn't have to ask this, but I discovered back when the new tiers came out that you cannot claim the free PS5 upgrades to PS4 disc games if that game is included for free in Plus, as when I attempted to claim my Cris Tales upgrade and whenever I clicked on the disc upgrade icon, the claim button would be overwritten by a "Download free with Plus" button instead.
I don't have your answer, but I'd like to learn as well. How terrible you can't 'buy' the free PS5 upgrade if it's in Plus. What if the PS5 upgrade stops being free before your PS membership lapses? Ugh, just like the PS3 wouldn't let you buy a game already activated from PS+.

Another round of psvr sales with no discount on Beat Saber... It's been $30 since release day.
Certain games just never go on sale. I know I have been waiting for the DLC for Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign to go on sale and it never has. I am sure there are plenty of other examples.

Certain games just never go on sale. I know I have been waiting for the DLC for Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign to go on sale and it never has. I am sure there are plenty of other examples.
I know, I was just venting. Just checked and the Steam version actually started at $20 and increased to $30. Never been on sale there either.

I have the puzzle quest vol. 1 & 2 dlc packs. Definitely recommended if you like the game and want to add Deadpool/Hulk/Punisher. Even if they eventually go on sale, you'd only save a couple bucks on each pack and licensing could lead to a sudden delisting.

The Last of Us stuffs are going for a lot on the secondary market.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/933846782236340224?lang=en

[attachment=37209:The_Last_of_Us_Giraffe.jpg]

[attachment=37210:Firefly_Edition.jpg]

The Last of Us stuffs are going for a lot on the secondary market.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/933846782236340224?lang=en

attachicon.gif
The_Last_of_Us_Giraffe.jpg

attachicon.gif
Firefly_Edition.jpg
There was a fuckup when I ordered my Firefly edition on the store. Said the order failed so I placed it again, when in fact it succeeded. So I ended up with 2 of them. If these prices hold, you bet your ass its going up on eBay lol

There was a fuckup when I ordered my Firefly edition on the store. Said the order failed so I placed it again, when in fact it succeeded. So I ended up with 2 of them. If these prices hold, you bet your ass its going up on eBay lol
How did u even get to order it? It went live while I was at work and I’m guessing it sold out fast?

Went live and I was sitting at my desk.  Had it in my cart and proceeded to pay.  Took forever and I got this message saying order failed.   So I immediately refreshed and it was still in my cart, and tried to process it again.  Got the same error.  I then got two email notifications that both orders had apparently gone through.  Not really sure how I got it but I did.

If I remember correctly, it was available for about 30 minutes or so before it sold out.  Hasn't been back since and I don't expect it to be.  Maybe there might be a few when it launches, but I think it is gonna be tough to get one at this point.

Went live and I was sitting at my desk. Had it in my cart and proceeded to pay. Took forever and I got this message saying order failed. So I immediately refreshed and it was still in my cart, and tried to process it again. Got the same error. I then got two email notifications that both orders had apparently gone through. Not really sure how I got it but I did.

If I remember correctly, it was available for about 30 minutes or so before it sold out. Hasn't been back since and I don't expect it to be. Maybe there might be a few when it launches, but I think it is gonna be tough to get one at this point.
Lucky. I hate store exclusives tho since a lot of scalpers will ruin it for people who actually want one. I don’t expect plague tale CE to be restocked either since it’s a store exclusive

Recent releases with PS+ discounts:

PS5/PS4 The Ascent: Cyber Edition - $31.49 - 30% off - Ends 8/26

PS5/PS4 Little League World Series Baseball 2022 - $39.99 - 20% off - Ends 9/1

PS5/PS4 Rollerdrome - $19.79 - 34% off - Ends 8/30

PS5 Slaycation Paradise - $15.99 - 20% off - Ends 9/8

PS4 Slaycation Paradise - $15.99 - 20% off - Ends 9/8

PS5 Thymesia - $23.99 - 20% off - Ends 8/25

PS5/PS4 Voyage - $11.99 - 20% off - Ends 8/27

PS5/PS4 We Are OFK - $17.99 - 10% off - Ends 8/26

Other new releases:

PS5/PS4 Cursed to Golf - $19.99

PS4 RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - $29.99

I started playing Spider Man Remastered and it’s fantastic except for, the cutscene button prompts throw me. Since I’m new to PlayStation I have to look down at the controller quickly and see which one is Square or Circle or X or Triangle or R2. It’s a learning curve for sure to start using a button system your not familiar with.

I finished Astros Playroom and Journey, started playing a little bit of Street Fighter V too.

Astros was a lot of fun, my kids are still working there way through it. My oldest son watched me play Journey, we had no idea the people we saw were other players until we finished the game.

How did you go 30 years without ever having a PS system? That's like saying you never had a Nintendo system.

Also, there's an accessibility option that lets you hold a button prompt instead of mashing it. Makes it much easier to do those QTEs - those mashing ones are just never fun. Once you get over the novelty of Spidey falling flat on his back or getting crushed by a car, you should just make the switch.

How did you go 30 years without ever having a PS system? That's like saying you never had a Nintendo system.
As a kid my parents only bought us one system, so we had Nintendo then Super Nintendo, then N64, and GameCube. In college I bought my first Xbox system, it was a $30 red ring of death 360 system. Got it taken apart and fixed it, it worked for two more years but then that had me buying Xbox 360 games so then I got an Xbox One and then a Series X since I was already in the ecosystem. The only real reason I got the PlayStation 5 was as payment for some work I did, but I’m happy to have both now. I’ve never owned a Sega system either, we were just always in the Nintendo ecosystem. (I had a Wii, and various game boys too and now have 3 Switch systems between me and my kids, still love Nintendo too)

Also, there's an accessibility option that lets you hold a button prompt instead of mashing it. Makes it much easier to do those QTEs - those mashing ones are just never fun. Once you get over the novelty of Spidey falling flat on his back or getting crushed by a car, you should just make the switch.
Try playing anything on Switch after having Xbox's layout ingrained as your default. :p

Streaming some We Are OFK, if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Only played the first episode, but it's a well done music biopic turned into a narrative adventure game about this digital band. First two episodes are out now and the other three are supposed to be out over the next three weeks, so I'm excited to see how this turns out. The music video near the end of the first episode was pretty well done.

As a kid my parents only bought us one system, so we had Nintendo then Super Nintendo, then N64, and GameCube. In college I bought my first Xbox system, it was a $30 red ring of death 360 system. Got it taken apart and fixed it, it worked for two more years but then that had me buying Xbox 360 games so then I got an Xbox One and then a Series X since I was already in the ecosystem. The only real reason I got the PlayStation 5 was as payment for some work I did, but I’m happy to have both now. I’ve never owned a Sega system either, we were just always in the Nintendo ecosystem. (I had a Wii, and various game boys too and now have 3 Switch systems between me and my kids, still love Nintendo too)
I completely get this. I grew up in a Nintendo house myself. My first non-Nintendo system was an original brick Playstation from Cash America. My first Sega was one of the Retron systems that my brother gave me a couple years ago. On top of that, I missed out on a lot of good single player NES franchises growing up because my folks would only buy games with two player or co-op so I had to take turns. That helped me get really good at Contra though...

Good to know about the accessibility option. Maybe I will go back to the Spider man game and set that option. I really hate the button mashing part of QTEs.

I’m not a huge fan of the Spider-Man game (it’s fine, I just didn’t think it was all that great), but I love the options. I wish more games were that considerate of their audience.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits will get an anniversary update to add New Game + and more on 9/27:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1560612805534965760

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Anniversary Update Additions

• "New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters."
  • "Charmstones that are individually equipable - these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities."
  • "New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects."
  • "Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones."
  • "An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners."

bread's done
Back