Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
What would you all recommend if I want to pick up a PS4 Pro right now?

I thought I heard a rumour that Sony was adding PS4 Pro production capacity due to not being able to serve PS5 demand, but new units still seem out of the question.

I am okay with used. Prices on Amazon look to be in the low $300 range. Ebay looks from $50-$100 cheaper or about the same with games included. There are even some special editions, though not clear on how collectible any of it is so probably not an "investment" outside of whether I think it looks cool.

Is Ebay okay these days? I've bought car parts from it, but thats about it in the last 5+ years.

Any recommendations for other places to look? I checked the trade forums, but didn't see anything that recent.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought I heard a rumour that Sony was adding PS4 Pro production capacity due to not being able to serve PS5 demand, but new units still seem out of the question.

I am okay with used. Prices on Amazon look to be in the low $300 range. Ebay looks from $50-$100 cheaper or about the same with games included. There are even some special editions, though not clear on how collectible any of it is so probably not an "investment" outside of whether I think it looks cool.

Is Ebay okay these days? I've bought car parts from it, but thats about it in the last 5+ years.

Any recommendations for other places to look? I checked the trade forums, but didn't see anything that recent.
If you aren't looking to hack, the money is probably better spent going toward a PS5 if you can afford it. Quite a few PS4 games come included if you are a PS+ member ("The Playstation Plus Collection"). If you just want the PS4 then eBay is pretty safe as a buyer. Other options are a few subreddits like r/gamesale or r/gameswap or GameTZ (although the site is nearly dead).

I'd buy from an adult, responsible collector on Craigslist or possibly Ebay. Someone that takes photos, has the complete box, and obviously takes good care of their collection.

Generally speaking, buying used consoles is a bad idea. I would never buy any used systems or accessories from Gamestop. I honestly can't believe that people do this. Just about the only time I sell console stuff there is when it's broken or one direction / button doesn't work properly on the controller. They will take whatever. Amazon also has no idea what they're doing and you could receive anything in the mail.

If the price starts approaching anything north of '$300 in like new condition' then you should be looking at a new PS5 disc console instead. It will play PS4 discs.

TSMC-chip-shortage.gif

Definitely don't know where you heard that rumor at but it has no substance as they long since stopped production on ps4 pros annoyingly.

There was a announcement from them months ago that they'd produce a bunch of ps4 slims for a final run this year since they were still in demand and oos at almost all stores (best buy was the only one that had any back in january-march and it was ymmv and in store pick up only) but I don't know if that got cancelled or delayed or what since I don't recall seeing an influx of them anywhere. I can't imagine that the entire stock got bought up by scalpers either. Getting a ps4 pro at this point will cost you about as much as a ps5 so you might be better off just going that route.

Now if you were looking for a regular slim that'd be more doable if you wanted used for sub 200 or new for around 300-350. But yeah At that point you might as well get a ps5 if you can. Though it is worth noting that not all ps4 titles are compatible with the ps5 and some have errors, new bugs, run worse than on ps4 hardware.

All I know is the PS5 backwards compatiblity for the PS4 is generally pretty good for what I tried. You can use PS4 controllers too, so it's not loss. I gave my OG PS4 to my sis when I got my PS5, but yeah the PS4 Pro is alright, but if it's scarce I also do recommend the disk PS5. I'm also not one for used systems or controllers unless they're quite a bit cheaper.

I traded my PS4 Pro in after playing everything on my PS5. There's no reason to go back unless you want one of like the two games that don't work on PS5.

Facebook marketplace is my recommendation. I just checked locally to me and already see 2 ps4 pros under $200

I kinda want that controller but it's hard to justify paying full $75 when I have 4 dualsense all of which I've gotten for below MSRP
Yeah. It sparked my interest at first, then quickly realized it wasn't that special.

There will be more special controllers. This one ain't it. Take away the branding and look at the picture plainly for your visceral reaction to the art.

Planet of the Discounts Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/a7c28683-f99c-40db-b6ab-452823983aa6/1

Games Under $15 Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

Level Up Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/34b9c41e-10e7-410f-ba21-83e9e745aece/1

Saints Row 25% off Deal of the Week (ends 10/6 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f65229a4-503b-4811-8930-58fec83ae298/1

Over 2200 items on sale.

Planet of the Discounts Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/a7c28683-f99c-40db-b6ab-452823983aa6/1

Games Under $15 Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

Level Up Sale (ends 10/13 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/34b9c41e-10e7-410f-ba21-83e9e745aece/1

Saints Row 25% off Deal of the Week (ends 10/6 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f65229a4-503b-4811-8930-58fec83ae298/1

Over 2200 items on sale.
And at 24 games per page this should take me all week to skim though. Is there a way to show all games at once on PlayStations website?

Still waiting for the Ghost of Tsushima upgrade to drop down to a reasonable price. I have the PS4 Disc standard edition. The Director's Cut PS5 upgrade went on sale for $25 ($5 off). The digital version of the Director's Cut is $50 now. Is it ok to start this game on standard or should I wait until I get the PS5 Director's cut version?

Went through all the sales. Man, that was disappointing lol

Anyone own the PS4 version of XIII? Wanted to see if the PS5 version is a free upgrade, or if you have to pay $9.99 to upgrade to it.

For reference: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1475-CUSA19096_00-XIIIUS0000000000
AFAIK, the PS5 version was announced as a free upgrade, but Microids later backpedaled and said just the update for the PS4 version from the "worse" launch version to the "improved" one is free.

How does Superhot have a better version available? There are just two sequel games.
There's a bundle with Superhot VR for $40. Didn't know it wasn't a straight VR port of the original (poor title choice) though. Either way, only including the original title is disappointing.

There's a bundle with Superhot VR for $40. Didn't know it wasn't a straight VR port of the original (poor title choice) though. Either way, only including the original title is disappointing.
Superhot VR is a completely different game, so I don't know why that would be expected to be included or the whole series. There's also Mind Control Delete, which is a roguelite.

If you haven't played it, definitely do so since they're fantastic games.

Superhot VR is a completely different game, so I don't know why that would be expected to be included or the whole series. There's also Mind Control Delete, which is a roguelite.

If you haven't played it, definitely do so since they're fantastic games.
Yeah, I knew MCD was a sequel (I think it was free for owners of one of the other titles) but thought Superhot VR was just a VR conversion (so it would make sense to just make the bundle free for more value). Even though it's unusual for them to include multiple titles, I'd have appreciated them adding VR as a fourth bonus game to make up for the lower value of Superhot and Injustice 2 imo. I own and have played Superhot on Steam, but not Superhot VR.

Went through all the sales. Man, that was disappointing lol

Anyone own the PS4 version of XIII? Wanted to see if the PS5 version is a free upgrade, or if you have to pay $9.99 to upgrade to it.

For reference: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1475-CUSA19096_00-XIIIUS0000000000
It’s $10 to upgrade to 60fps on ps5. Not sure what else is in the upgrade. I passed on it because I felt a bit mislead by their announcements.
If you upgrade, let me know if there is anything else!

It’s $10 to upgrade to 60fps on ps5. Not sure what else is in the upgrade. I passed on it because I felt a bit mislead by their announcements.
If you upgrade, let me know if there is anything else!
Gonna hold off for a drop on the PS5 version. fuck paying $29.99 for that shit lol

They didn't waste any time shutting down the online features in Everybody's Golf just now. 

I think that it's 9/30/22 in Japan, and I was in the middle of a daily Open Course game when the game logged me out.

Oh well.  Easy come, easy go.  :cry:

Well there is this... https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/clap-hanz-releases-easy-come-easy-golf-for-switch

Everybody’s Golf and Clap Hanz Golf developer Clap Hanz has announced and released golf game Easy Come Easy Golf
I thought that was why he ended his post with "easy come, easy go." I'd pick up that game, but I don't think I'd like the way you apparently have to use several characters in each round of golf. I prefer to play with one custom character and build up their stats.

I thought that was why he ended his post with "easy come, easy go." I'd pick up that game, but I don't think I'd like the way you apparently have to use several characters in each round of golf. I prefer to play with one custom character and build up their stats.
Yeah that's the name they use on the Apple Arcade site and didn't know if intentional or not. Then saw it also called ClapHanz and then stumbled on the Nintendo Switch one.

And yes it's different with golfers per hole, but I already purchased it. Have not been disappointed in any of their releases sine Hot Shots Golf (and yes even had the Vita version).

I'm not that clever, but I appreciate the thought that I might be. I had been playing Everybody's Golf open courses daily for the last month. I earned over 150,000 coins from doing this, but it's a grind-fest if you bother with the single player game since the most you can earn during a single-player tournament round is 400 coins. I had also earned nearly 300 gems to upgrade my clubs. So, I actually am going to miss the game's online features.

bread's done
Back