Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Need For Speed: Heat Deluxe Edition is on sale for $3.99 along with Need For Speed: Most Wanted remake on PSN.

I already "own" the PlayStation Plus version of Heat, but I am considering buying the Deluxe edition if I like it. 

If I download the Plus version and then buy the Deluxe edition, will I have to re-download the game?

Started up Horizon Zero Dawn to do the Frozen Wilds dlc that I never got around to playing because it came out after I had already platinumed the base game. Turns out I don’t remember how to play, pretty much at all. This is why I like playing games straight through.

Major content DLC is a tough thing to get right.  Too close to launch and it looks like it was withheld from the main game.  Too far away from launch and everyone's already moved on from the game.  Either way it just shows that it's better to wait 6 months to a year to play a game if it has no major online component.

The only way DLC is worthwhile to me is when it feels like it's adding something that the main game didn't have AND the main game's gameplay formula still has more life left in it to explore.

DLC for Team Ninja's games is usually great because they add new mechanics and make old ones more consequential. Fallout 3's DLCs were great, with the level cap increases, new perks, and continuation of the main story.

By contrast even if Elden Ring adds DLC I'm not sure if I'll play it. It'll just feel like there's a new area in the game that I didn't explore before. That's how their DLC has always felt. More of the same when the game was already huge.

Cyberpunk 2077 is one game I'm looking for to the DLC for--I hope it adds significant new mechanics and not just a story, but it's a great example of "gameplay that still has more life." I finished it but didn't even get halfway to level cap and didn't mess with a lot of mechanics. Plus they could easily increase the level cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started up Horizon Zero Dawn to do the Frozen Wilds dlc that I never got around to playing because it came out after I had already platinumed the base game. Turns out I don’t remember how to play, pretty much at all. This is why I like playing games straight through.
I did this exact thing and it was rough to get through but you get it back eventually. Couldn't remember anything about what all the random elements and stats and debuffs and stuff were supposed to do

Earlier this year I went back to Zero Dawn to platinum it and play through Frozen Wilds which I didn't play at the time before Forbidden West came out and went through the same thing. Actually started a new game plus just to familiarize myself with the controls again, then went back to my old save to finish the platinum and play Frozen Wilds.

I also recently went back to try to finish the Spider-Man dlc after not having played it since 2018. My latest save was of course right at the start of a screwball challenge, too. Exited out of that when it was clear I didn't remember enough controls to get anywhere in it and was soon killed by random guys in the first minor crime I came across as a I tried to reacclimate to the controls. Couldn't even remember how to traverse.

Need For Speed: Heat Deluxe Edition is on sale for $3.99 along with Need For Speed: Most Wanted remake on PSN.

I already "own" the PlayStation Plus version of Heat, but I am considering buying the Deluxe edition if I like it.

If I download the Plus version and then buy the Deluxe edition, will I have to re-download the game?
What need for speed most wanted remake are you talking about? I can't seem to find that on PSN.

I don't know that the Need for Speed Heat Deluxe edition is worth it unless you are planning to let your PS+ expire soon. I was tempted to pick it up too to add the full game to my library since I am debating about renewing my PS+ essentials later this year.

I did this exact thing and it was rough to get through but you get it back eventually. Couldn't remember anything about what all the random elements and stats and debuffs and stuff were supposed to do

Earlier this year I went back to Zero Dawn to platinum it and play through Frozen Wilds which I didn't play at the time before Forbidden West came out and went through the same thing. Actually started a new game plus just to familiarize myself with the controls again, then went back to my old save to finish the platinum and play Frozen Wilds.
I had the same exact problem when attempting to play the DLC multiple times over the years. I finally forced myself to re-learn everything with a night or two of just messing around. Great game, but the inventory system is kind of a mess.

What need for speed most wanted remake are you talking about? I can't seem to find that on PSN.

I don't know that the Need for Speed Heat Deluxe edition is worth it unless you are planning to let your PS+ expire soon. I was tempted to pick it up too to add the full game to my library since I am debating about renewing my PS+ essentials later this year.
I think he’s referring to Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered which is on sale for $3.99.

Sorry, Need For Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition is here, and it's $3.49. The vanilla version is free with PlayStation Plus.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA15081_00-DELUXEEDITION000

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is here, and it's $3.99. I assume it's complete since I could not find any DLC to buy for it.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA23264_00-NEEDFORSPEEDHPR0

Too damn many Need For Speeds. I'm not good with all the names, but if someone could answer my question about whether my progress from the Plus version of vanilla Heat will transfer into the Deluxe edition, that would be great.

Sorry, Need For Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition is here, and it's $3.49. The vanilla version is free with PlayStation Plus.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA15081_00-DELUXEEDITION000

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is here, and it's $3.99. I assume it's complete since I could not find any DLC to buy for it.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA23264_00-NEEDFORSPEEDHPR0

Too damn many Need For Speeds. I'm not good with all the names, but if someone could answer my question about whether my progress from the Plus version of vanilla Heat will transfer into the Deluxe edition, that would be great.
There are too many need for speeds. Hot pursuit is one of my favorites from last gen and I would love a remastered version of that.

I don't know the answer to your question. I would think progress would carry over since the deluxe edition only seems to add some cars and skins which is why I feel it is not worth purchasing unless you want to "own" the base game.

I agree with others regarding the DLC issues. I like waiting for the complete editions with DLC to go on sale. I did this with The Outer Worlds and Horizon Zero Dawn and AC Odyssey. It can sometimes get annoying though if I am not enjoying the game enough to immediately slog through the DLC but I do end up powering through it because I know I will forget the controls/story if I delay. 

Sidenote, are the Dragon Age Inquision and AC Origins DLC worth going back to play? I have heard they add to the main story but I have mentally moved on to other things.

This is so hard with games that get post-game content later on. I played and beat Horizon ZD within months of it's release. By the time I platinum'd it, relative to my general skill at games and the difficulty I play at (medium, I play for some challenge- not good enough/have time for Souls-level games), I felt like the game was a natural at the game- rarely got hit, rarely missed shots, etc. When I picked up Frozen Wilds in 2020, I struggled hard- even the first few enemies almost killed me. And that one boss with the two fire apes (whatever they're called) took like 4-5 tries before I beat them.

Speaking of HZD…not sure a remaster/remake is necessary. There was a 60fps patch that did wonders for the game.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1576673908304084994?s=46&t=_QQydI3oBIBoAeHMB9d1yA

Just got back into God of War after a long break to beat it before Ragnarok came out, which took a bit to get reacquainted with how the game played. No real issues. Did the same thing with Horizon Zero Dawn before Forbidden West and it wasn't a big deal there either. Just had to explore around a bit and get used to it to beat the game. I could see it being tougher for games with no direction to them, but there aren't many of those these days. Old games from the PS2 generation and before are the hardest to return to for me.

The only game recently that I struggled to get reacquainted with was Spider-Man because of the different move sequences. Ended up just doing a new play through since I had not previously played the remaster.

Just got back into God of War after a long break to beat it before Ragnarok came out, which took a bit to get reacquainted with how the game played. No real issues. Did the same thing with Horizon Zero Dawn before Forbidden West and it wasn't a big deal there either. Just had to explore around a bit and get used to it to beat the game. I could see it being tougher for games with no direction to them, but there aren't many of those these days. Old games from the PS2 generation and before are the hardest to return to for me.
Same, I played through Frozen Wilds earlier this year after not playing HZD for a few years and it just took a few minutes to get reacclimated.

I got close to the end of Dragon Quest VIII and had to take a break, when I returned, I had no idea where I was supposed to go next, and just stopped again. I sold my PS2 not long after. Never finished that game lol.

Same, I played through Frozen Wilds earlier this year after not playing HZD for a few years and it just took a few minutes to get reacclimated.

I got close to the end of Dragon Quest VIII and had to take a break, when I returned, I had no idea where I was supposed to go next, and just stopped again. I sold my PS2 not long after. Never finished that game lol.
Dq8 should be pretty easy since they gate you like crazy till you have to go all the way back to the start of the game to do the castle dungeon. I quit shortly after that point because they don't respect your time with all that backtracking. After I did the castle they wanted me to go all the way back to the guy who lost his wife and cries perpetually for 3 years kingdom iirc.

Granted it probably wouldn't have been as bad if I didn't run into issues with my ps2 and controls. Couldn't open the equipment menu, items menu, spells menu or any other stuff.

This happened to me with Chrono Trigger on ds. I think I was at the very end boss or near the very end and I got sidetracked with other things and when I came back to it, I just totally forgot what the heck I was doing and where I was supposed to go. It's still waiting for me and I've checked guides but they haven't been helpful so not sure if I'll ever finish that game.

Came back to Horizon Zero Dawn to try to finish it, and while the world is neat and story intriguing, it’s hard to stick with for some reason. The travel system is pretty meh for one thing. Anyone else feel the same way? I’m hoping Forbidden West improved some things…

Came back to Horizon Zero Dawn to try to finish it, and while the world is neat and story intriguing, it’s hard to stick with for some reason. The travel system is pretty meh for one thing. Anyone else feel the same way? I’m hoping Forbidden West improved some things…
While I really enjoyed Zero Dawn I think FW is more of the same. I think the story of the first game was more compelling than the story of the second game of what I've played so far. I was much more interested in finding out what happened to this world in the first game.

Pretty much. To me,

HZD main story is like 10/10, gameplay 8/10.

HFW main story is like 6/10, side stories 8.5/10, gameplay 8.5/10.

HZD was my favorite game released around that time. I finished HFW before touching Elden Ring, but HFW is not anywhere near as impactful. It has some great side stories though, like Kotallo, and the Plainsong.

I guess it's like Aloy's story versus the world's story.

I never cared for either horizon’s story but the first ones was better. Gameplay/graphics/performance goes to HFW ofcourse. Wait I forgot I haven’t finished it yet so I can’t tell which had a better story yet lmao

This happened to me with Chrono Trigger on ds. I think I was at the very end boss or near the very end and I got sidetracked with other things and when I came back to it, I just totally forgot what the heck I was doing and where I was supposed to go. It's still waiting for me and I've checked guides but they haven't been helpful so not sure if I'll ever finish that game.
This hurts my soul.

Forbidden West is a much worse game to play (over-complicates things without improving anything and fast-travel still sucks). If you don't like HZD I don't see how you could like the sequel.

This is Skies of Arcadia/Record of Lodoss war on Dreamcast, and Fallout 3 on PS3 for me. I always think I’ll go back to play them at some point each summer, but I never get around to it. Doesn’t help with SoA that my wife accidentally through the game out and I would have to start over of GC or buy another copy (ouch).

This is Skies of Arcadia/Record of Lodoss war on Dreamcast, and Fallout 3 on PS3 for me. I always think I’ll go back to play them at some point each summer, but I never get around to it. Doesn’t help with SoA that my wife accidentally through the game out and I would have to start over of GC or buy another copy (ouch).
How are you lost in FO3? The main quest is there to highlight and it shows you where to go. It's one of the best games I've ever played but it runs REALLY bad on PS3. It crashed my system so much. I remember tricks you had to do like booting up the game and leaving it on a certain screen for 30 mins and turning off auto saves and other stuff just to be able to play the game somewhat better. I played through it again on my Series X and it's glorious with no glitches and super quick load times and looks better. It's the definitive way to play the game for sure. Not sure how it runs on a PC. It's on Game Pass but the DLC is totally worth it.

I had some issues with Chrono Trigger on DS, which was more that when time travel opened up that I had forgotten where to go and went to the wrong place. So I did plenty of grinding until I figured out where I was supposed to go and made the game easy for a while.

I also got a good bit into FF4 on the PSP, but took a break with my party in a field so trying to figure out where I was in a guide did nothing. I've moved on from trying play old JRPGs without guides, so I should just keep a guide handy to get past points where I get lost or take a break.

I own SoA on both DC and GC but it's more punishing on DC. I never finished it there, but I beat it on GC.

The white feather to reduce random encounters was a big reason why.

When’s the last time a demo made you wanna buy a game? It just happened to me for the first time since I was a kid with rollerdrome.
It's funny that Sony finally put controllers on the demo systems in Best Buy stores but there are no playable games. :shame:

Need for Speed Unbound reveal coming Thursday at 8am PT via EA’s YT. Credit to Wario64. This may explain the deep discounts on NFS games.

https://youtu.be/H2Y8XCe7F9E

I've mostly enjoyed 13-2 so far. Or maybe it's just that anything after 13 seems good.
The encounter and drop rates in the demo were so much better that they were the prpbably the biggedt deciding factor for me buying it. But in the real game both aren't anywhere near as good.

How are you lost in FO3? The main quest is there to highlight and it shows you where to go. It's one of the best games I've ever played but it runs REALLY bad on PS3. It crashed my system so much. I remember tricks you had to do like booting up the game and leaving it on a certain screen for 30 mins and turning off auto saves and other stuff just to be able to play the game somewhat better. I played through it again on my Series X and it's glorious with no glitches and super quick load times and looks better. It's the definitive way to play the game for sure. Not sure how it runs on a PC. It's on Game Pass but the DLC is totally worth it.
I was thinking more that I put it down almost a decade ago and it would take a while to get back in the swing of it. Don’t remember much of the story or where I was in it since it was so long ago. Someday…

Out of everything you've ever said this is the most heinous. Go back and restart it and play it all the way through. Then when you're done, play it again because that's what Chrono Trigger deserves

bread's done
Back