Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
do you do the Extra or Premium tier?
I think premium is the way to go. They just added all of the rest of the Ratchet & Clank games minus the newest one. There are so many amazing games on the service. I say you just check out all of them and make your choice but again, it's premium for me.

do you do the Extra or Premium tier?
I do Premium but that’s only because what my earlier sub was converted to (having PS Now). But I honestly would stick with Extra and only do Premium if you plan to stream PS3 games. Sony hasn’t been adding very many PSP/PS1 classics to download and if you go to sites like Push Square, people are pretty pissed at how little Premium has been getting each month.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/11/ps-plus-premium-members-bemused-by-sony-once-again

As the article says “ PS Plus Premium is, frankly, beginning to look like a bit of a scam, with no new emulated additions yet again in November.”

If you don’t mind streaming, then you may have a different opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
longshot but does anyone here purchase replacement cases in bulk?
i used to buy from casetopia but they seem to be wiped from existence
looking for a lead for ps4 and switch oem cases that arent gouged
says here the last order i placed was $77 for 100 ps4 cases

Thx for the replies guys. Helpful.

I’ve been playing my Xbox almost exclusively the last couple years and m ready for a change up and hadn’t kept pace with the changes to Plus .

Y’all are probably right that extra is the move but Premium is only like $15 more. Probably just flip a coin.
Appreciate the help!

Definitely get Premium if the difference is only $15 a year. Most of the PS4 games are available for streaming, especially Sony's - it's nice to save so much space when the average game is at least 50GB. In the Xbox thread, I cannot get over just how much people are paying for additional space. Memory cards were never that expensive.

garbage do not buy.

horrible sound

i messed with internal equalizer and found no way to make it not sound like horrible muddied piece of crap. regret even giving it a try

i use a sennheiser 6xx for my pc but it wasnt loud enough without buying another amp/dac for my ps5 so i bought the hd 599 for like 95~ with tax when it went on sale on amazon and its been really good with tons of volume to spare

its like 118 on amazon right now and still at a great price

just dont buy it if cord into controller bothers you, also its open back so could disturb family at night if thats an issue
Saved me money. I'm thinking for PSVR2, what's my best option? Is it more worthwhile to use a headset or just use my soundbar? I've got a Samsung Atmos bar with rear surrounds that is awesome but I always wonder about the positional nature of VR.

I'm re-upping my Plus at the middle tier, I don't want to stream and top tier benefits don't seem enough.

^^^^  Speaking of Plus, I'm not seeing a 25% discount.  I see prorated (about $4) to upgrade my basic and then full price for the re-up.  Is that correct?

Also, are all of the same games available in the plus and premium tiers?  I don't need to stream.

Last question... how often do the first party PS5 games get added?  It seems most of what's available is also on Gamepass.

edit:  Sorry for the lazy post... after some digging on the web I found all my answers.  The PS Library alone is enough for the discounted membership.  Easily worth that price a year to play exclusives

I ended up upgrading for the remainder of my essential membership four about $4, and then I had the option to add discounted extra for a year for $75

Any thoughts on the Pulse 3D headsets? Most likely won't be doing any multiplayer. Thinking about maybe late nights or times where I want good immersion. Are they anything special because of the 3d audio?
It's good for the price, but I found them to be not very comfortable during extended use. The battery life is also crap if you care about that (around 12 hours). I bought them open box/unused for $60 and the price is completely unbeatable compared to any other wireless headset for what I paid. But if you have a higher budget? Get something with better battery life and better comfort.

It really depends on what qualities you value most. I needed something wireless but I use the Pulse 3D for my PS5 and I bought the Steelseries 7P+ for PC use which has around 70 hour battery life lol, and it's way more comfortable.

^^^^ Speaking of Plus, I'm not seeing a 25% discount. I see prorated (about $4) to upgrade my basic and then full price for the re-up. Is that correct?

Also, are all of the same games available in the plus and premium tiers? I don't need to stream.

Last question... how often do the first party PS5 games get added? It seems most of what's available is also on Gamepass.

edit: Sorry for the lazy post... after some digging on the web I found all my answers. The PS Library alone is enough for the discounted membership. Easily worth that price a year to play exclusives

I ended up upgrading for the remainder of my essential membership four about $4, and then I had the option to add discounted extra for a year for $75
Ha, thanks for the research! I just came here about to ask the exact same questions and I think I'll be doing the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It's good for the price, but I found them to be not very comfortable during extended use. The battery life is also crap if you care about that (around 12 hours). I bought them open box/unused for $60 and the price is completely unbeatable compared to any other wireless headset for what I paid. But if you have a higher budget? Get something with better battery life and better comfort.

It really depends on what qualities you value most. I needed something wireless but I use the Pulse 3D for my PS5 and I bought the Steelseries 7P+ for PC use which has around 70 hour battery life lol, and it's way more comfortable.
SteelSeries has the 7P and 7X for sale (7x will also work with the PS with the dongle in USB mode of you also use Xbox) for $90. 100% worth it, I paid $150 for mine and have zero complaints.

Anyone have thoughts on Scarlet Nexus? I see the Ultimate Edition is on sale for $24.99 during this Black Friday sale. Sorta fell through the cracks and off my radar last year, but the 75% discount caught my attention. Couple it with the DG deal on PSN credit later this week, and that would bring the effective price down to $20. Worth it for that discount, or am I better off saving my money? I know opinions are subjective, but given that CAG has come through with mentioning other things I’ve purchased/enjoyed, I’m tossing this one to the audience.

SteelSeries has the 7P and 7X for sale (7x will also work with the PS with the dongle in USB mode of you also use Xbox) for $90. 100% worth it, I paid $150 for mine and have zero complaints.
I'd go for the + models for the upgraded battery life and USB C support/fast charging personally, they've gone on sale recently for $120. But those are good options for a lower budget

Anyone have thoughts on Scarlet Nexus? I see the Ultimate Edition is on sale for $24.99 during this Black Friday sale. Sorta fell through the cracks and off my radar last year, but the 75% discount caught my attention. Couple it with the DG deal on PSN credit later this week, and that would bring the effective price down to $20. Worth it for that discount, or am I better off saving my money? I know opinions are subjective, but given that CAG has come through with mentioning other things I’ve purchased/enjoyed, I’m tossing this one to the audience.
It's been cheaper physically iirc. But ignoring that have you played the demo?

Personally I found it low budget god eater. Story is a mess with too many plot threads left unaddressed.

It's been cheaper physically iirc. But ignoring that have you played the demo?
Personally I found it low budget god eater. Story is a mess with too many plot threads left unaddressed.
Yeah, I’ve seen where people have found it on clearance at Walmart for $10-15 in the past year. If it wasn’t the complete edition with all the DLC I wouldn’t give it a second look. I’ve not played the demo, but the gameplay looks like something I could enjoy well enough. More interested in the narrative aspect of it—whether it’s worth the time. So when you say it’s a mess with plot points unaddressed, that catches my attention more than anything else. Not knowing exactly what you’re referring to, are things left open-ended in a way that suggests future exploration/answers in a sequel? Or is it just a general hodge-podge of nonsense?

The narrative is a total mess and more or less requires you to play the game twice for the whole story. For whatever reason they decided to have the plot split between the two characters BUT instead of ping-ponging back and forth between the viewpoints as the game progresses, they instead just plow ahead only as that character. Then add in the majority of the story and events are the same between both playthroughs, it becomes quite a drag of been here done this. 

To illustrate this better, how it should have been done, Chapter 1 - Kasane point of view then Yuito pov (or vise versa), Chapter 2 - pov a then b, ect..... Instead, what you get is Yuito Chapter 1 ~ end of game. NG+ Kasane Chapter 1 ~ end of game. 

It also does not help that everyone is a walking anime trope navigating a plot that is filled with the most cliché anime nonsense that often conflates convoluted  mumbo jumbo with depth. I say all of this as a fan of anime and was really looking forward to Scarlet Nexus but for the price..... ehhhh you could find some fun out of it.

Anyone have thoughts on Scarlet Nexus?
After the first 10 hours or so, I thought this game was amazing. Great battle system, likable characters, fun progression systems and crafting, good soundtrack, and an engaging story.

But man, this game just becomes a slog around the middle. I eventually lowered the difficulty to easy just to get through the fights and make it to the end faster. The story gets dumb, the character events become tedious, and the dungeon design is just bland with endless enemies that aren't all that different from one another.

I really wanted to like this game, and I did in the beginning, but I'd say overall it's just pretty average. The battle system is fun, though.

Oh, and this was the first PS5 game I've played where I really didn't like what they did with the Dualsense support. At times it felt like just random clicks, or just constant vibrating feedback during battles. It honestly felt like the game was actively trying to break my controller.

I never played an anime style game before Scarlet Nexus. It was incredible. I loved the development of the character friendships. The using of special powers to set up better attacks. The completion of all the bonus objectives. The costume choices. The ripping out of the monsters souls!

You play the game twice. Once as one character and then once as the other character. The stories take part at the same time as details that are mentioned in passing in one run are fleshed out in the other and vice versa and the second time through made me re-evaluate what I thought I knew about the story and the characters. I actually cared about the characters and their lives.

I played as Yuito first and I think that worked well in my appreciation of the story. Maybe it's not really a good example of this type of game but it loved every minute I played once I learned how to use the skills right.

Also, getting close to the Platinum was not hard just by playing and I hear they added extra bonus objectives that give you much more experience post game so you can get the Level 80 (?) trophy without excessive grinding.

Yeah, I’ve seen where people have found it on clearance at Walmart for $10-15 in the past year. If it wasn’t the complete edition with all the DLC I wouldn’t give it a second look. I’ve not played the demo, but the gameplay looks like something I could enjoy well enough. More interested in the narrative aspect of it—whether it’s worth the time. So when you say it’s a mess with plot points unaddressed, that catches my attention more than anything else. Not knowing exactly what you’re referring to, are things left open-ended in a way that suggests future exploration/answers in a sequel? Or is it just a general hodge-podge of nonsense?
Kinda sorta regarding them leaving aspects open for a sequel. As if they did do a sequel it would involve them leaving the earth to go into space. Even ignoring the stuff that is locked to the other route that gets mentioned/spoiled on the opposite route. Just between the monster stuff, magic powers, time and space nonsense it's pretty bonkers. You have antagonists that just are sorta there then disappear without ever being addressed, character deaths on one side or the other.

Oh and maybe just a problem for me but the 2d running section was horrible.

I read what simmias wrote as I was typing.  I don't disagree with it.  I really like the character relationships but yeah, it was a little tedious actually going through all the steps of buying gifts to get the full bond.

And yeah, the game just makes this horrible controller click.  You will think your controller is going to break.  

I thought I had to buy a new controller as I figured it was defective until I found out that everyone has the same experience.

Thanks for all the feedback! I think I’m gonna chalk this one up to a maybe, depending on how many multipacks I can purchase at DG this week. There are a few other things that I’d put ahead of it at the moment for my ‘To Get’ list, but I don’t know that the complete edition would go much lower than 75% off, which is sort of triggering that CAG FOMO for me. I did see where it reviewed relatively well too, which when I saw how it was a more active battle system, got me even more curious about it.

As for the haptics configured for the PS5 controller, is there a way to turn that functionality off? If so, it sounds like that would be the way to go. Either that or just play the PS4 version instead which should be included with the purchase. Perhaps going that route might also allow for importing the PS4 save to the PS5 version, which could speed up picking up trophies too (as well as avoiding the rattling controller of death).

To all who replied, thanks again for taking the time to do so—you’ve given me a bit more clarity on what to expect should I get it, good and bad!

Is anyone talking about the PSN black friday sale? I see some pretty good deals, particularly for Bethesda titles like Fallout 4, Prey, and Wolfenstein 2. The Dying Light bundle for $9 seems like a good deal too. 

Is anyone talking about the PSN black friday sale? I see some pretty good deals, particularly for Bethesda titles like Fallout 4, Prey, and Wolfenstein 2. The Dying Light bundle for $9 seems like a good deal too.
So far I've only picked up Marsupilami for $3 (has to be a price mistake, since it's way more in the EU even with plus). It's also getting a free PS5 upgrade soon and just got free DLC. Easily the best deal of the bunch to my eyes.

I'll definitely pick up Psychonauts 2 for $20, and I'll probably break down and finally get the GTA Trilogy and Atelier Ryza Deluxe as well since those don't seem to be budging from half off digitally any time soon.

FWIW, I dropped by some DGs locally to scout supplies of the multipack PSN cards. Gonna give you an idea of where to look for them in case anyone had interest in the 20% off sale and wanted to do the same.

As you walk in the store, in most cases, there will be a bit of an artificial divider that sort of guides people to the checkout counter. On the side of the divider facing the registers, there’s a bevy of different gift cards. In my experience at two locations locally, the multipack PSN cards ($30 total—three pack of $10 cards) were located on the very bottom of the shelf a little closer towards the entrance/exit of the store. They can be a little easy to miss, and they are not grouped with the other PSN and gaming-related cards. The regular denominations of various gaming cards are situated a little farther along on the divider.

Sharing the location because I suspect most, if not all, DGs probably follow a similar plan-o-gram nationwide.

As for stock, the stores I visited looked to have 4-6 packs on the peg. Not sure if they’ll have more supply going into and through the week/weekend, so keep that in mind too. Probably better to go sooner rather than later, especially for those wanting multiple packs/more credit. They’re open on Thanksgiving as well, so factor that aspect too.

Good luck!

Just finished The Last of Us Remastered.  Took me 7 years. (I know)

Bunch of trolls all of you.  Never have I ever seen spoiler trolls be held up for this long.  Bravo :)

Does anyone use EA Play on PS4/PS5?

I have been waiting on Mass Effect LE for a while. It tends to dip to $23.99 on PSN and BF for physical looks like it might hit $20 this year. However, I noticed that its part of EA Play and I could do that for about $4.99/month.

My concern is will this be streaming or do I actually download and play locally?

Second, if I play and make a save, does that save only work for the EA Play version of the game? Does it expire in some way if I let membership lapse? For example, I can probably play through ME1 in a month. If I then start ME2, let the sub lapse and sub pick up the sub again later, will I be able to pick up ME2 where I left off? What if I end up finding a physical of the game?

Does anyone use EA Play on PS4/PS5?

I have been waiting on Mass Effect LE for a while. It tends to dip to $23.99 on PSN and BF for physical looks like it might hit $20 this year. However, I noticed that its part of EA Play and I could do that for about $4.99/month.

My concern is will this be streaming or do I actually download and play locally?

Second, if I play and make a save, does that save only work for the EA Play version of the game? Does it expire in some way if I let membership lapse? For example, I can probably play through ME1 in a month. If I then start ME2, let the sub lapse and sub pick up the sub again later, will I be able to pick up ME2 where I left off? What if I end up finding a physical of the game?
You're way overthinking it. EA Play doesn't offer any streaming options, just downloads and the saves aren't paywalled or anything.

So question. Horizon Forbidden West is $29.99 with a free PS5 upgrade. If I wanted to grab it, is there any reason to buy the $39.99 PS5/PS4 version (I own a PS5 and would never play on PS4)?

Thanks

Streaming some of the FMV murder mystery game from Square Enix called The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story, for those that want to see it in action while it's half off for Black Friday.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's been pretty good so far and feels like a game that will take a good 10-15 hours to beat since I'm still in chapter one of at least five. You make some decisions along the way and collect clues as you watch that you use to reason out hypotheses to the mysteries you're presented with, which is a little clunky and slow to work through since it's pretty thorough. Still fun and the save states make it easy to take some risks without losing much.

Noticed Scarlet Nexus has their ultimate edition for $24.99 that has all the DLC and extras. Should get that rather than the regular version at gamestop at $15.

Lego Skywalker Saga has a sale with game and all DLC for $39.99 which is just $11 more than just getting it solo.

giphy.gif

bread's done
Back