Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's...actually a deal.

First good price I've seen on a 2TB 4.0. I suppose it's only -$20 discounted when you buy the heatsink.

I'm still leaning towards a 1 TB for ~$90 though. At some point storage just costs too much. You guys been buying these (2 TB)? Are you satisfied?
Had 1TB SSD in my PS4 Pro and then later regretted it because it filled up fast and there are some large game installs (FFVII Remake and RDR were both around 100GB each I think). I upgraded to a 2TB and even though it's only 1.4TB full, it's just nice knowing I have some extra space left to install few more games.

I have that old 1TB SSD sitting around... along with a ton of other old SSDs and HDDs. You can only have so many external storage drives before you just end up with extra drives sitting around and resale value of storage is pretty weak.

With the PS5, I just said fuck it and bought 2TB 980 Pro off the bat when it went on sale. I'm sure I'll upgrade to the PS5 Pro or whatever and can just move the drive since it's added storage/assuming it'll be plug and play. PS5 is early in it's life, I know it'll just end up getting full in a few years.

im all physical for playstation but i had a samsung external ssd for my ps4 which made the load times drastically better in mhw and most things
personally i can only focus on a game or two so even having 4 games installed feels like much to me

First good price I've seen on a 2TB 4.0. I suppose it's only -$20 discounted when you buy the heatsink.

I'm still leaning towards a 1 TB for ~$90 though. At some point storage just costs too much. You guys been buying these (2 TB)? Are you satisfied?
I have a 1tb drive in my ps5 and it is more than enough space. I might have 8-10 games installed at once and still have plenty of room, if you are a digital hoarder the 2 tb is probably essential.

You can buy the cheap $5 heatsinks off amazon without an issues as well.

Is there a way to check if a psn game receives an additional discount due to ps+ subscription? I let my sub lapse and I'm unsure if res evil 2+3 bundle is cheaper than $15 if you are ps+

Is there a way to check if a psn game receives an additional discount due to ps+ subscription? I let my sub lapse and I'm unsure if res evil 2+3 bundle is cheaper than $15 if you are ps+
You can check on psprices. I think you can check list price vs sale vs PS+

I'm streaming a couple of cheaper Black Friday games, including Marsupilami Hoobadventure, I Hate Running Backwards, and maybe that recent Garbage Pail Kids release, for those that want to see them in action.

Edit: The archive for Marsupilami Hoobadventure. This is a Donkey Kong Country-style platformer that is good for the $3 it costs. It's not very hard on the normall difficulty, so you can up it for more of a challenge or enjoy the chill campaign.

The archive for I Hate Running Backwards. It's a decent roguelite shooter from Devolver Digital, though it's just a bit of an annoying experience having to keep picking up ammo for your guns to keep shooting while keeping an eye on everything else that's going on. It's okay for $3, but there are much better roguelites out there.

The archive for Garbage Pail Kids: Mad Mike and the Quest for Stale Gum. This is an NES-style action platformer billed as one of the most controversial games ever and is supposed to have a documentary about that added to it at some point. It uses the same engine as the TMNT collection, so you get the same options for this game. The game itself is solid and more player friendly than the typical NES game with difficulty options, including an easy mode with infinite lives. Solid retro-style game for $8.49.

I used up some Bing points and got Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Stray and Ghost of Tsushima all for PS5. Should have plenty to play for a while now.
To what store are you redeeming MS Rewards (aka Bing Points) to get,PSN credit? I had thought that, amongst the “Redeem” partners, only Walmart allows purchasing other GC’s with Walmart GC’s, whereas Target doesn’t allow GC purchase with their GC’s, but they will trade other store GC’s for reduced cash … or are you buying physical discs at Target with their GC? If either are your method, then cool beans, otherwise do tell. :D/

To what store are you redeeming MS Rewards (aka Bing Points) to get,PSN credit? I had thought that, amongst the “Redeem” partners, only Walmart allows purchasing other GC’s with Walmart GC’s, whereas Target doesn’t allow GC purchase with their GC’s, but they will trade other store GC’s for reduced cash … or are you buying physical discs at Target with their GC? If either are your method, then cool beans, otherwise do tell. :D/
Probably Bing to Amazon gc to PSN gc.

oh i'm surprised they didn't close that loop like they did the best buy to gamestop to amazon circle.
i don't think there is a big laundering issue with bing points to amazon gift card to playstation credit like there is with store gift card purchases.

also, just got $60 in psn credit from dollar general for $48, great deal.

i don't think there is a big laundering issue with bing points to amazon gift card to playstation credit like there is with store gift card purchases.

also, just got $60 in psn credit from dollar general for $48, great deal.
The circle was more with trade credit moving from what I recall. People would trade in at x then move it where they needed it. Personally I feel like that was good for business as either way money was being spent in theory.

The circle was more with trade credit moving from what I recall. People would trade in at x then move it where they needed it. Personally I feel like that was good for business as either way money was being spent in theory.
oh, i thought you were talking about the whole best buy money laundering thing that made everyone stop letting gift card purchases for other gift cards. that was good times when gamestop and best buy let you buy amazon credit while giving crazy values for old games.

oh, i thought you were talking about the whole best buy money laundering thing that made everyone stop letting gift card purchases for other gift cards. that was good times when gamestop and best buy let you buy amazon credit while giving crazy values for old games.
I thought you were talking about when you could buy best buy giftcards with best buy giftcards and earn rewards points and elite status. Those were fun times.

Yes

I got a 2TB NVME for my PS5, and I just bit the bullet and got a 2TB card for my Series X. Shit was mad expensive but worth it.

Yeah, I’m doing Bing to Amazon to PSN. I do it to Nintendo sometimes also if I want something from that E-Shop.

Streaming some Soundfall since that's half off right now, if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a pretty solid game as a rhythm dual-stick shooter, though the way the ten levels in the first world are remixes of each other and the leveling and loot drops being fairly slow for a loot game makes it feel like there will be a lot of grinding. The music's pretty decent for what this sort of game could get, though it can get old if you have trouble with a level and hearing the song over and over. I'm hoping for more varied loot as I get further into it.

I purchased a digital $25 psn card from Walmart dot com but it was cancelled due to unusual account activity. Has this happened to anyone else? And should I just try again or can this negatively affect my credit card or walmart account?

I purchased black Friday items such as pillows with this card for in store pickup and the transaction was fine. Got the items this morning.

I purchased a digital $25 psn card from Walmart dot com but it was cancelled due to unusual account activity. Has this happened to anyone else? And should I just try again or can this negatively affect my credit card or walmart account?

I purchased black Friday items such as pillows with this card for in store pickup and the transaction was fine. Got the items this morning.
this happened to me with the 10 discounted to 9 psn cards. either walmart has placed restrictions on this item or something. because everything else works.

Using your all your $10 PSN codes that you got at GameStop for $5 after your monthly promo and then buying the multipack $30 gift cards from Dollar General and then using that to purchase the discounted 25% off PlayStation Plus essential is such an awesome deal.

If there was no 25% off sale for all tiers right now, if you only used the $10 PSN codes that you bought with your $5 monthly from gamestop, you would have paid $60 for the whole year. Premium costs $120 so you would have gotten it for less than the price of a first-party PS5 game. The PSN sale and gift card sale make it even a better value.

Using your all your $10 PSN codes that you got at GameStop for $5 after your monthly promo and then buying the multipack $30 gift cards from Dollar General and then using that to purchase the discounted 25% off PlayStation Plus essential is such an awesome deal.
If there was no 25% off sale for essential right now, if you only used the $10 PSN codes that you bought with your $5 monthly from gamestop, you would have paid $60 for the whole year. Essential costs $120 so you would have gotten it for less than the price of a first-party PS5 game. The PSN sale and gift card sale make it even a better value.
Yeah, with the present 25% discount on all tiers, combined with just the DG 20% off savings, users renewing their service could effectively get a year of Essential for $36, Extra for $60, and Premium for $72. One of the better opportunities out there right now, especially since codes on the gray market (CDKeys, etc) have generally gone up in price. I believe the DG credit opportunity is good through today (11/26), and the Black Friday sale on the PS Store ends early next week.

this happened to me with the 10 discounted to 9 psn cards. either walmart has placed restrictions on this item or something. because everything else works.
Thanks. Tried with multiple discounted cards so must be their problem thankfully. My other orders have gone through fine

Wow as PS Store is currently the cheapest place to get a year of PS Plus (Basic plan) at $45. CDKeys which has been my go to for yearly renewals for years currently has it at $51.  :shock:

I had converted to premium during the summer which just expired last week. For me not worth renewing premium but would revisit if ps3 games become installable vs streaming and lots more ps1 and ps 2 gets added.

Any cheap deal for basic plan I maybe missing?

Edit: It looks like Sony no longer supplies 12 months cards or digital codes to stores.
Way to control the market Sony  :bs:

So I was tempted to pick up the Sony Pulse headsets that are on sale for $70 or so on multiple sites, but reviews were iffy. Instead, I bit on the Ankbit E600 Pro from Amazon for the same price. Got them yesterday, and they seem pretty decent to me (never actually owned a pair of Bluetooth headphones before, always used wired earbuds). HOWEVER, it turns out that they will not natively work with either the PS5 or PS4….am I missing something? Or do I need an adapter? Or just another headset?

So I was tempted to pick up the Sony Pulse headsets that are on sale for $70 or so on multiple sites, but reviews were iffy. Instead, I bit on the Ankbit E600 Pro from Amazon for the same price. Got them yesterday, and they seem pretty decent to me (never actually owned a pair of Bluetooth headphones before, always used wired earbuds). HOWEVER, it turns out that they will not natively work with either the PS5 or PS4….am I missing something? Or do I need an adapter? Or just another headset?
https://www.whathifi.com/features/why-your-bluetooth-headphones-wont-work-with-your-ps5-or-xbox-series-x-and-how-you-can-fix-that

This is a pretty good article that explains the issues you're going to have.

Looks like a Cyber Monday sale started this morning.

Edit: Or just a holiday sale since No More Heroes 3 ends 12/22 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

Just a heads up that both the Black Friday sale (including the 25% off renewal price for all PS+ tiers) as well as the Games Under $20 sale end later today. Some good deals to be had, especially when stacked with either the PSN credit 20% off last week or the 15% off going on this week at Dollar General.

It also looks like another sale could be dropping today too, as I received multiple notifications in the wee hours that some of my wishlisted games were now on sale. From my wishlist, Severed Steel, Ikenfell, and South of the Circle are now showing on sale. Normally the new sales hit on Wednesday, so not sure if this could be somehow tied to a Cyber Monday offering, some sort of early Winter/Holiday sale, or what. Might be worth taking a look this afternoon or evening to confirm one way or the other.

Anyone have a PS5 hooked up to a TCL Roku tv? I haven’t turned on the PS5 in a few days, but the display seems very dim. Has anyone experienced this before? It’s not happening with Xbox or other Roku apps.

Anyone have a PS5 hooked up to a TCL Roku tv? I haven’t turned on the PS5 in a few days, but the display seems very dim. Has anyone experienced this before? It’s not happening with Xbox or other Roku apps.
That's the way mine is set up. I haven't seen anything like that with mine though. I get this weird static picture from time to time, but hit the home button, switch back to the HDMI port and it's fine.

I haven't noticed any brightness difference with the PS5 versus anything else. You might want to try it on a different input or different TV.

psunami - thanks for mentioning you get static once in awhile. I get that too, so it's good to know it's not the TV going bad.

If I let my ps+ sub lapse is there a time limit until all of my ps+ saves over the last 3 generations are erased. Or am i good until I sub again in the future.

If I let my ps+ sub lapse is there a time limit until all of my ps+ saves over the last 3 generations are erased. Or am i good until I sub again in the future.
I let mine lapse for a year and a half and when I resubbed they were still there. This was around 4 years ago. Btw it sucks you can't backup PS5 saves to USB. I really hope Sony changes this in the future.

bread's done
Back