Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Were there no PSN games on sale during those times or has Platprices stopped creating sales lists? If the latter, is there somewhere I can find a (sortable) text listing of all the PSN games on sale at any moment? Thanks.
Yes there were sales, but platprices didn't pick them up because Sony changed something that wrecked his scraper. Looks like he fixed it though since it scraped the game awards sale.

This guy scraped the current sale (I think it ends Dec. 22):

https://www.reddit.com/r/aloneindecembertest/comments/zcje95/ps5_end_of_year_sale_test/

https://www.reddit.com/r/aloneindecembertest/comments/zc1gpn/test2/

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to pick up RE8 now. I wish I knew if RE7 would get ported over as well. I still haven’t played it, though I’ve been meaning to. Wondering if I should push to play 7 now before I get spoiled by the VR2 version of 8 or wait for a VR2 version of 7

I really need to pick up RE8 now. I wish I knew if RE7 would get ported over as well. I still haven’t played it, though I’ve been meaning to. Wondering if I should push to play 7 now before I get spoiled by the VR2 version of 8 or wait for a VR2 version of 7
RE7 on PSVR is amazing! You could wait and see if Capcom announces something soon but they might not do anything until after Village VR2 releases in February. RE7 on PSVR looks good IMO but I am sure there will be a lot of games people will be either waiting to see if it will be announced BC or waiting to play the psvr 2 only version.

yall wanted the epeen battles. 2358 hours. neverwinter 29%->FFXIV28%->efootball2021->hunters arena->everybodys golf. i trophy hunt when im not playing MMOs. obviously there is some idle time on MMOs. 138 games. 3123 trophies. The only thing i do besides game is rarely work doordash and shop.
I’m not shocked. Those sentences gave me an aneurysm.

Thanks sony for sending me an email saying I can resubscribe to ps+ for $30 off but not actually give me the price. I got my hopes up.
Was having this issue for the last few days. Try subscribing to PS+ (any tier) for 1 month then immediately getting on a customer service chat to ask for a refund (I had to wait about 25 minutes). A few hours after the refund processed, I was able to get a discount (I used the PS App personally; might work on console or the website).

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/wonder-boy-anniversary-collection-launches-january-26-2023-for-ps5-ps4-and-switch

There's a Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection coming 1/26 for PS5/PS4 with 21 total versions of the 6 games in the series:

• Wonder Boy
    Wonder Boy / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-1)
  • Wonder Boy / Japan / SG-1000
  • Super Wonder Boy / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Revenge of Drancon / International / Game Gear
  • Wonder Boy / Japan / Game Gear

[*]Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
  • Super Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III

[*]Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Game Gear
  • Monster World II / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Monster World II: The Dragon’s Trap / Japan / Game Gear

[*]Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-16)
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Mega Drive / Genesis

[*]Wonder Boy in Monster World
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy V: Monster World III / Japan / Mega Drive

[*]Monster World IV
  • Monster World IV / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Monster World IV / Japan / Mega Drive

lol they want 75 bucks for games that you can emulate easily. then 250 for collectors. absurd. square enix gotten too greedy.
Well everything is free if you pirate it. But if you were to buy them individually, it would cost $96 (not including tax).

So $75 for the bundle is the best deal currently.

And ignoring that these games have new pixel art.  Still, I don’t think I could buy them on console with that hideous font.

Ten years ago I would've paid much more than $75 for those, but the last decade has really changed things up. I think only VI (and maybe V) are probably still worth playing in my book.

And ignoring that these games have new pixel art. Still, I don’t think I could buy them on console with that hideous font.
rpgsite.net is reporting that they have multiple sources that have told them the console versions will have an adjusted font. Square also took down the pics on the preorder page that showed the old font pretty quickly, which lends credibility to this.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/13623-square-enix-removes-console-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-screenshots-raising-hopes-of-a-font-change

2022 wrap up sony

27 total hours
3 titles played
Steven Universe Unleash the Light 22 hours 30 minutes
Vambrace Cold Soul 3 hours 30 minutes
Ok Ko Let's Play Heroes 1 hour

25 trophies earned

5 gold
6 silver
14 bronze

my first trophy according to sony
SPIRIT SHIFT ADEPT
TALES OF XILLIA
First Trophy
11/14/2013

Thanks for this! I'm not seeing an offer for Essential but see 30% off for Extra and 25% off for Premium. My sub just expired and I had upgraded to Extra briefly. Says the offer is valid until 2022-12-20.
Ehhh.... the discount for PS+ clearly said that it was valid until the 20th of December. I went to go subscribe and the discount is no longer there. I guess Sony doesn't like money.

Quick Question: If I have an annual PS Essential subscription with like 10 months left on it, and I want to experience PS Extra for just one month, can I pay $5 to upgrade for just one month (since the monthly difference between the 2 tiers is $5)?  

Or do I have to pay to upgrade the entire 10 months left on my current PS Essential subscription at some prorated fee?  

Quick Question: If I have an annual PS Essential subscription with like 10 months left on it, and I want to experience PS Extra for just one month, can I pay $5 to upgrade for just one month (since the monthly difference between the 2 tiers is $5)?

Or do I have to pay to upgrade the entire 10 months left on my current PS Essential subscription at some prorated fee?
All 10 months.

lol they want 75 bucks for games that you can emulate easily. then 250 for collectors. absurd. square enix gotten too greedy.
For $25 you can get the best Square game they never made: Chained Echoes. Got 4 hours with it last night and while the opening is a straight up ripoff/homage to Chrono Trigger, the game has breathed life into a dead format for me. I could have seen playing this in the 90's and felt right at home amongst the RPG titans. Really hope this game gets more attention and I'm glad it's on Game Pass or I'd have certainly missed it.

Not sure if anyone can answer this.

I want to request refund for a game I purchased on PSN. However, I currently have $241 in my wallet and the limit is $250. If I were to a request a refund but that refund would put me over the limit, how would that work?

PS+ Extra/Premium titles

PS4 Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion
PS5/PS4 Ben 10: Power Trip
PS4 The Escapists 2
PS5/PS4 Evil Genius 2: World Domination
PS4 Far Cry 5
PS4 Far Cry New Dawn
PS4 Far Cry Primal
PS4 Gigantosaurus The Game
PS5/PS4 Judgment (PS5/PS4)
PS4 Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - PS+ app, not on webstore
PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

PS4 Mortal Shell PS5/PS4 Enhanced Edition
PS5/PS4 The Pedestrian
PS4 Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition
PS4 Worms W.M.D
PS5/PS4 Yakuza: Like a Dragon
PS4 Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

PS+ Premium
Heavenly Sword - Streaming only
PS5/PS4 Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus - $9.99 otherwise, Free if you owned it on PS3/PSP/Vita
PS5/PS4 Pinball Heroes - $9.99 otherwise, includes trophies
PS5/PS4 Ridge Racer 2

Free DLC for the PS+ games:

Evil Genius 2: World Domination - PS5/PS4
Judgment - PS4
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Mortal Shell - PS5
Mortal Shell - PS4
Worms W.M.D

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - PS4

[attachment=37616:F5633D17-F571-456C-84C7-15F7081C5AE2.jpeg]

I’m new to PlayStation this year but I still managed to get 67 trophies in 25 hours out of the 0 games I played, so that’s pretty good!

I really should have looked into how PSN handled child accounts when it comes to purchasing items / redeeming gift cards. I didn't realize everything had to go through my account. She got a few PSN gift cards as gifts and I am thinking we just need to make her an adult account so she can actually redeem the PSN credit and purchase the Resident Evil Village DLC on her own account.

For $25 you can get the best Square game they never made: Chained Echoes. Got 4 hours with it last night and while the opening is a straight up ripoff/homage to Chrono Trigger, the game has breathed life into a dead format for me. I could have seen playing this in the 90's and felt right at home amongst the RPG titans. Really hope this game gets more attention and I'm glad it's on Game Pass or I'd have certainly missed it.
I never heard of this until your post now. It looks like fun and reminds me of PSone RPGs. Looks like it’s digital only for now yet I read they’re printing physical editions next year and they’re following square’s playbook of charging $300 for junk trinkets. I’d love to try this game soon though I don’t buy digital so I’ll wait and see if it’s released at a fair price at a later date.

Over 3,000 items on sale.

Holiday Sale is live (ends 1/5, 1/7, or 1/19/22 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/view/25d9b52a-7dcf-11ea-acb6-06293b18fe04/06efa999-6f01-11ed-a69a-f23581bb68a1

I guess it will have a second wave on 1/4 to replace games leaving halfway through.

For people wanting to get launch PSVR2 games on the cheap in this sale that will get free upgrades:

After The Fall - $19.99 - $15.99 - Ends 1/7

No Man's Sky - $29.99 - Ends 1/7

Pistol Whip - $17.99 - $14.99 - Ends 1/7

Resident Evil Village - $19.99 - Ends 1/7

Highlights

Some of the PS1 games are on sale:

bread's done
Back