Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Thoughts on Superliminal and/or Inscryption? I'm not super big on puzzle or card games, but reviews look good for both overall.
Superliminal is a great Portal-style first-person puzzle game. If you're not into Portal, it's probably not going to change.

Inscryption is a great roguelite deck builder with Escape Room elements to it, so it's a bit in line with stuff like Slay the Spire to a degree. It's more about breaking the game and about its meta story elements.

Thoughts on Superliminal and/or Inscryption? I'm not super big on puzzle or card games, but reviews look good for both overall.
I did not like Superliminal. I have been wanting to try Inscryption as reviews have been pretty good.

For puzzle games I can recommend Gorogoa and The Pedestrian which I recently played and completed.

Couple of questions...
1.  With the new PS+ format, is it still useful to try to pick off 1 year codes for cheap?  
2.  Is it possible for 2 machines to play together on the same account?  Wife just got me a PS5, and I will send my son to college with our PS4...  Can we both play games and play each other?  Or do I need to buy him his own account?

Thanks!

Couple of questions...
1. With the new PS+ format, is it still useful to try to pick off 1 year codes for cheap?
2. Is it possible for 2 machines to play together on the same account? Wife just got me a PS5, and I will send my son to college with our PS4... Can we both play games and play each other? Or do I need to buy him his own account?

Thanks!
So long as your account is on the PS4, you shouldn't have any issues.

My kids have the PS4 Pro sitting in another room and I keep downloading games on there for them to use, while I play on my PS5.

Some notable cheap games:

PS4 Absolute Drift: Zen Edition - $3.59 - 70% off

PS4 Afterparty - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Agent A: A puzzle in disguise - $0.99 - 95% off

PS4 Agents of Mayhem - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Anthem Standard Edition - $1.79 - 97% off

PS4 Assault Suit Leynos - $3.99 - 80% off - $2.99 - 85% off

PS4/Vita Bastion - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 Cat Quest - $2.59 - 80% off

PS4 Cat Quest II - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Chaos on Deponia - $1.29 - 90% off

PS4 Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 - $3.24 - 75% off - $2.59 - 80% off

PS4/Vita Crypt of the NecroDancer - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Deadlight: Director's Cut - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4 Degrees of Separation - $2.99 - 85% off

PS4 Deponia - $1.29 - 90% off

PS4 Deponia Doomsday - $1.29 - 90% off

PS4 Donut County - $3.89 - 70% off

PS4 Doom 64 - $1.64 - 67% off

PS4 Edna & Harvey: The Breakout Anniversary Edition - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 The Escapists - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Felix The Reaper - $0.99 - 90% off

PS4 Flashback - $2.49 - 90% off

PS4 Flipping Death - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle - $3.24 - 75% off

PS4 Going Under - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Gonner - $1.99 - 80% off

PS4 Gonner 2 - $3.24 - 75% off

PS4 Gonner 2 Lose Your Head Deluxe Bundle - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Graveyard Keeper - $3.99 - 80% off

PS5/PS4 Horatio Goes Snowboarding - $3.49 - 50% off

PS4 The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Complete Trilogy - $4.49 - 90% off

PS4 The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Extended Edition - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Injustice 2 - $2.99 - 85% off

PS4 Ironcast - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Kamiko - $2.49 - 50% off

PS4 Kingdom: New Lands - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Mother Russia Bleeds - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Need for Speed Heat - $5.99 - 90% off

PS4 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 Overcooked - $3.39 - 80% off

PS4 Oxenfree - $1.99 - 80% off

PS4 Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville - $4.49 - 85% off

PS4 Puyo Puyo Tetris - $4.99 - 75% off

PSVR/PS4/PS3/Vita Race The Sun - $2.99 - 70% off

PS4 Ronin - $1.99 - 80% off

PS4 Ruiner - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 Shenmue III Digital Deluxe Edition - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 Sid Meier's Civilization VI - $5.99 - 80% off

PS4 Snake Pass - $2.99 - 85% off

PS4 Sparklite - $4.99 - 80% off

PSVR/PS4 Star Wars: Squadrons - $5.99 - 85% off

PS4/Vita SteamWorld Dig - $1.99 - 80% off - $1.49 - 85% off

PS4 SteamWorld Dig 2 - $4.99 - 75% off - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4/Vita SteamWorld Heist - $2.99 - 80% off - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4 Stick it to the Man - $1.59 - 80% off

PS4 Submerged - $3.99 - 80% off - $1.99 - 90% off

PS5/PS4 Super Destronaut DX-2 - $0.99 - 80% off

PS4 This War of Mine: The Little Ones - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Transistor - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Unravel Two - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Warhammer: End Times Vermintide - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 West of Dead - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Wolfenstein: Youngblood - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Yoku's Island Express - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Zombie Army Trilogy - $4.99 - 90% off - $2.49 - 95% off

PS4 Zombie Vikings - $2.39 - 80% off

I can't believe that Shenmu 3 with all its DLC is only $3.99. I bought it at full price physical at launch and then bought the DLC whenever they went on sale I think for like $5 or $7 or something. Haven't even played the DLC yet. Four bucks for that game and all the DLC is an absolute steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8GfEID38s

I will be there all 4 days so I will write up my impressions here when I get the chance. I won't be at the conference itself but the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Calisto Protocol from gamefly rental.. trying so hard to get into it. But combat is just killing it for me. Wander into a room... roll the dice on who I'm gonna swing at in a horde and who's gonna kill me from another side. Atmosphere and graphics are cool, but just not scratching that dead space itch yet

I can't believe that Shenmu 3 with all its DLC is only $3.99. I bought it at full price physical at launch and then bought the DLC whenever they went on sale I think for like $5 or $7 or something. Haven't even played the DLC yet. Four bucks for that game and all the DLC is an absolute steal.
Is Shenmue 3 any good? I played the first 2 originally on dreamcast. The 3rd one seems to have gotten mixed reviews.

3000 things on sale?

Woof!

I take back my previous Frisky compliment.

He's got a lot more typing to do.

Some notable cheap games:
giphy.gif

Got Calisto Protocol from gamefly rental.. trying so hard to get into it. But combat is just killing it for me. Wander into a room... roll the dice on who I'm gonna swing at in a horde and who's gonna kill me from another side. Atmosphere and graphics are cool, but just not scratching that dead space itch yet
That’s what I heard. It’s the gameplay that ruins it. Sound design, graphics and all that is good though

I actually love the gameplay in Callisto Protocol. Dodging takes practice but it’s a fun system IMO. Also need to be sure to use stealth. There are times when if you walk into an area, you get swarmed. Crouch and move slowly in the same area and breeze through while taking out a few enemies with a stab from behind along the way.

I think the problem with a lot of players is that they are wanting to play it like a standard action game when it’s a different animal. One of my favorite games of 2022.

I saw it on sale and it's mildly tempting for such a low price but Shenmue 1 was one of my most tedious Platinums ever. I can appreciate that it laid the groundwork for things like the Yazuka series but man, was it a chore to play. I've heard 3's Plat is even worse...

I saw it on sale and it's mildly tempting for such a low price but Shenmue 1 was one of my most tedious Platinums ever. I can appreciate that it laid the groundwork for things like the Yazuka series but man, was it a chore to play. I've heard 3's Plat is even worse...
If you thought 1 and 2 were tedious, 3 is even worse. I get they tried to keep the same feel of the old games, but they made design choices that made things even more sluggish. And this is coming from someone who replayed 1 and 2 before 3 and still enjoyed them. My biggest issue was their new "stamina" system where they basically just made your stamina and your health the same thing. And if you decided to run anywhere, your stamina would go down (to a point, not enough to kill you) and you would have to eat food to refill it. So going anywhere meant you had to sacrifice health for speed, you're forced to either walk everywhere slowly or make sure you had enough food on you or were at least near food to buy. Made the game so annoying. Not to mention they basically padded the story by making you do the same things twice, just in different locations.

I mean, if you really want to play it, $4 is a great price. I bought the base game on or near release then bought all the DLC later for super cheap, but I don't know if I'll ever go back to play any of it.

Going to buy Ender Lilies. Think I will wait on Salt and Sacrifice considering the Ok reviews. Price will probably come down even further.

Played further into Calisto Protocol, finally into it. But combat is still meh. Not a stealth game when you sneak around and monsters pop out of vents on all sides. Need a dang dodge roll for this melee game.

Played further into Calisto Protocol, finally into it. But combat is still meh. Not a stealth game when you sneak around and monsters pop out of vents on all sides. Need a dang dodge roll for this melee game.
Yeah the focus on melee combat would be fine if the combat didn't completely suck. Just so much potential wasted.

Is Valkyrie Elysium worth $30 (or worth $45 for Lenneth also?)? I know it's not near the same as VP2 was on PS2 but curious if it's worth buying while half price

For anyone familiar with how Family accounts work on PSN.  If I buy something on a child account, it will only be available to that child account?  So, I should always buy from the Main/Parent account so every child account will have access to it?

Is final fantasy 7 remake for ps5 out of print? Seems to be sold out everywhere and is going for 100$+ on eBay lol

Is final fantasy 7 remake for ps5 out of print? Seems to be sold out everywhere and is going for 100$+ on eBay lol
Seems like it since GameStop only sells pre owned. Sucks cuz I was waiting for it to drop to rebuy it since I traded it back for $50+ last year

I seen some garbage looking games when I put the lowest price on top in the sales. 9c game, 24c games thought Sony was getting rid of them. I know I'm being rude about them without playing them but dam "lady in a leotard with a gun" like WTF. Anyways "I am the hero" for $2 heard was good but gets boring I might pick anyway though just for sidescroller beat'em up.

I seen some garbage looking games when I put the lowest price on top in the sales. 9c game, 24c games thought Sony was getting rid of them. I know I'm being rude about them without playing them but dam "lady in a leotard with a gun" like WTF. Anyways "I am the hero" for $2 heard was good but gets boring I might pick anyway though just for sidescroller beat'em up.
They've stopped approving new ones. They aren't going to remove existing ones, and they're still going to allow ones to release later if they've already been approved. I believe they have made existing ones harder to find in the store, though.

I was thinking about that same thing.

There needs to be a sorting filter "Hide games that suck"

I would also like a filter for "Hide games that I'm not interested in" but that might be asking for too much

For anyone familiar with how Family accounts work on PSN. If I buy something on a child account, it will only be available to that child account? So, I should always buy from the Main/Parent account so every child account will have access to it?
As long as it's your home console, yes buy it on your account then everyone on that console can play the game.

bread's done
Back