Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
For anyone familiar with how Family accounts work on PSN. If I buy something on a child account, it will only be available to that child account? So, I should always buy from the Main/Parent account so every child account will have access to it?
I dont recommended using a child account. I made that mistake and now my teenager can't buy resident evil on their own account

I was thinking about that same thing.
There needs to be a sorting filter "Hide games that suck"
I would also like a filter for "Hide games that I'm not interested in" but that might be asking for too much
I hope no ones buying those games even if its just 9c or 24c, well the ones that dont care for trophies.

festivus_0_0.jpeg

Just got an email from Song and this info caught my eye:

Throw down with the biggest WWE Superstars and Legends. Relive pivotal moments in Rey Mysterio’s career and 619 your way to stardom in WWE 2K22. Available January 3 to March 13,2023.

Notice how they give us an end date. Will only be around for 2 months. While that is barely any time, I love how they tell us the exact date it's leaving. This is the only gave they give this info for. Too bad all games don't tell you when they are leaving the minute they are announced. I have never seen this for a Game Pass game.

I went through the whole dang holiday sale and the only thing I found that interested me was some good prices for Puyo Puyo Tetris/2 on PC.

I seen some garbage looking games when I put the lowest price on top in the sales. 9c game, 24c games thought Sony was getting rid of them. I know I'm being rude about them without playing them but dam "lady in a leotard with a gun" like WTF. Anyways "I am the hero" for $2 heard was good but gets boring I might pick anyway though just for sidescroller beat'em up.
Some of those under-$1 games are actually pretty good. You just have to look up a video review beforehand to see if it's your type of game or not. Sure, you've got crap like "Lady in Leotard" or "The Jumping Whatever", but after a while you start to recognize developers and publishers who are just putting out quick-Platinum cash-grabs from the ones who put out actually decent budget games.

Games from Ratalaika or Eastasiasoft unfortunately get clumped in with the rest of the shovelware crap, simply because the Platinum trophies are relatively easy to earn, but a lot of their stuff is pretty decent and worth playing all the way through to 100% even after you've got the platinum from them within the first 15 minutes. Are they modern 3D triple-A titles? Of course not. But if you like the classic old-school style of games like you might find on the NES or SNES, but with more color and no flicker, they may be right up your alley.

I picked up the following from the sale:

Sol Cresta DLC bundle. 

Defense Grid 2

Serious Sam Collection

Nano Assualt  Neo X

Tiny Tina Wonderlands Chaotic Great Edition

A good sale in my opinion. Nothing for me on the Xbox holiday sale. That's more to do with me owning most of what I want on that system already. Picked up a few items on Steam as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those under-$1 games are actually pretty good. You just have to look up a video review beforehand to see if it's your type of game or not. Sure, you've got crap like "Lady in Leotard" or "The Jumping Whatever", but after a while you start to recognize developers and publishers who are just putting out quick-Platinum cash-grabs from the ones who put out actually decent budget games.

Games from Ratalaika or Eastasiasoft unfortunately get clumped in with the rest of the shovelware crap, simply because the Platinum trophies are relatively easy to earn, but a lot of their stuff is pretty decent and worth playing all the way through to 100% even after you've got the platinum from them within the first 15 minutes. Are they modern 3D triple-A titles? Of course not. But if you like the classic old-school style of games like you might find on the NES or SNES, but with more color and no flicker, they may be right up your alley.
wish they still had the rating system on the store or something to let us know about some of these games. I heard of eastasiasoft I would never buy there games but I know they aint that quick cash grab games. The lady in leotard and other games that looks so bad and horrible I wonder if someone did a video on a list of these games to warn people about them.

I have a crazy CAG community idea.  (We are a community right?)

Maybe one of those Google docs editable by everyone spreadsheets that people can list which cheap games are adeqaute and people can just add an X or something in the next column to signal their agreement.  

The more X's the more approvals.

Just a heads up to anyone that sees a cheap title (since there are so many) and wants to get a thumbnail of good or bad.

Put a link on the first page of the thread. 

If people want more info on a specific game that has approvals, they can research it on their own.

I don't know how to set any of that up.

To be honest, I wish Sony would stagger some of these sale listings like they used to do. Have smaller sales each week and make each sale last for a week. Sales like the one currently that have 3,000+ items can take days to peruse, even with a secondary site like psprices or platprices. Then, after purchases are made, it’s often a waiting game until the current sale ends and the next sales dump begins. That waiting period can make the store feel stagnant, even with a sale that large. Sometimes the end dates for listed sale prices can vary, even when games enter the sales dump at the same time. Even now, you’ll notice some games in this sale have an end date of 1/7, while others have an end date of 1/19, despite all games entering the sale at the same time. That can be an additional wrinkle/annoyance to consider as well.

Personally, I miss the regularity of getting a fresh sale each week, with a flash sale once a month. It felt easier to navigate and the sale period more reliable to predict. We also didn’t seem to nearly have the discoverability issues like AoA and others have mentioned above. Maybe I’m an outlier though?

You will take 3000 items on sale every week for a barely reduced price and you will like it or we're gonna take away your pony
these sales list be long as an abyss, 1 hour will go by looking at these. Anyway I miss friday flash sales, random discount codes, Sony should do more ps+ extra discount and make them good discounts.

Have to agree there. I often just get tired of scrolling past page after page of low effort indie shovel ware in the hopes of finding a deal on some random game I might be interested in. While I appreciate them attempting to make sale groups, their Hidden Gems one is... laughable. 

Sony is currently in the video game company "winning phase." Until they do something really stupid like Microsoft did at the start of the X1 generation they're going to nickel and dime you on everything and exclusively release popular, big-budget, mass-market titles aimed at the lowest common denominator.

But don't worry, the second they're on their back foot we'll get Bloodborne 2, Parappa the Rapper: the Next Generation, and another Resistance game.

I attempted to check out the deals on Sony's website daily but the layout is poorly designed. I had to finally give up and just use Dekudeals. I might miss a sale on a game that I never heard of before but I feel like I use my playstation for exclusives and big screen gaming primarily so those games are well advertised. The Switch or SteamDeck are my goto for smaller/indie titles due to portability.

I dunno man I've kind of had it with this 'all digital' future.   After nearly two hours of spelunking the new exotic quest on legendary difficulty on Destiny 2 I get an error that says its going to log me out of the app in 5 minutes bc of "unverifiable license errors".  5 min later the game boots me.  I lose all progress, right at the final boss.  Before that the leader got kicked, and 10 new people weren't able to accept invites and were left wondering why.  Then I can't restart D2 again bc PSN is having errors.  It has locked me out of all online or digital content.  Says to go into offline mode and I can play some stuff but then you get the same error messages saying the game and the network can't verify your content.  So offline mode doesn't even work!  Can't load my character in Tiny Tina's either.  All because the servers are malfunctioning on Christmas.

I don't care that everyone thinks all my stuff needs to be online-only.  You have certain windows where you can play games for a couple of hours and you want to play when you're able to play.  I'm not here to beta test your compatibility and functionality.  I'm also not here to be at the mercy of your permissions at any moment.  I don't like this digital-only, GAAS future.  They own everything and we can't control our own shit.  System is just bricked today.  

It often times feels like there's no point in paying for anything anymore.  On PS, Steam, or Xbox.  Because we don't own any of our own purchases.   Access can be revoked during any moment. 

I just don't want to spend money on this stuff anymore.  While every game is also designed to nickle and dime you. 

The service sucks.  and the PS5 era has been a giant step backwards in both user friendliness and basic OS functionality. There are too many inconveniences and poor design choices. 

Agree that this shit is all stupid. I cant even play my games, any of them (offline games included). I can't verify my licenses and can't make/verify my console as the home/primary console. Strange that none of that will work but the PS Store loads right up no problem and I'm sure would allow me to make a purchase

I dunno man I've kind of had it with this 'all digital' future. After nearly two hours of spelunking the new exotic quest on legendary difficulty on Destiny 2 I get an error that says its going to log me out of the app in 5 minutes bc of "unverifiable license errors". 5 min later the game boots me. I lose all progress, right at the final boss. Before that the leader got kicked, and 10 new people weren't able to accept invites and were left wondering why. Then I can't restart D2 again bc PSN is having errors. It has locked me out of all online or digital content. Says to go into offline mode and I can play some stuff but then you get the same error messages saying the game and the network can't verify your content. So offline mode doesn't even work! Can't load my character in Tiny Tina's either. All because the servers are malfunctioning on Christmas.

I don't care that everyone thinks all my stuff needs to be online-only. You have certain windows where you can play games for a couple of hours and you want to play when you're able to play. I'm not here to beta test your compatibility and functionality. I'm also not here to be at the mercy of your permissions at any moment. I don't like this digital-only, GAAS future. They own everything and we can't control our own shit. System is just bricked today.

It often times feels like there's no point in paying for anything anymore. On PS, Steam, or Xbox. Because we don't own any of our own purchases. Access can be revoked during any moment.

I just don't want to spend money on this stuff anymore. While every game is also designed to nickle and dime you.

The service sucks. and the PS5 era has been a giant step backwards in both user friendliness and basic OS functionality. There are too many inconveniences and poor design choices.
yes 100% you’re absolutely right. I work 60 hours a week I don’t have time for non sense. I was playing Callisto protocol and it said it was gonna boot me out in 15 minutes then 5 minutes , it’s been going on all day for me. I finally gave up. I’m mad heated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know what you guys are talking about, I’ve been digitizing my PSP, PS1, DS, and 3DS collection lately, and have loaded them all onto micro SD cards. Combined with emulators for the 2600, NES, SMS, Genesis, PC Engine, SNES, Game Boy, and GBA, I’ve got a massive library of amazing games that fits in my pockets, which is extra nice since I’m going to be traveling a lot next year. The digital future seems great to me.

Agree that this shit is all stupid. I cant even play my games, any of them (offline games included). I can't verify my licenses and can't make/verify my console as the home/primary console. Strange that none of that will work but the PS Store loads right up no problem and I'm sure would allow me to make a purchase
bro I had a mental breakdown cause of this, I was punching myself in the head. I work 60 hours a week and today was the only time I had to play games .

I don’t know what you guys are talking about, I’ve been digitizing my PSP, PS1, DS, and 3DS collection lately, and have loaded them all onto micro SD cards. Combined with emulators for the 2600, NES, SMS, Genesis, PC Engine, SNES, Game Boy, and GBA, I’ve got a massive library of amazing games that fits in my pockets, which is extra nice since I’m going to be traveling a lot next year. The digital future seems great to me.
I have a Retroid Pocket 2+ that I picked up for $100 and plays N64/PSX and before no problem with pirated games, just sad my $500 PS5, with 100% legit purchases, can't be used

I have a Retroid Pocket 2+ that I picked up for $100 and plays N64/PSX and before no problem with pirated games, just sad my $500 PS5, with 100% legit purchases, can't be used
Digital games are having issues on PS5 today? Service issue?

PS Store is back up and running now. Enjoy your gaming.
Ah, I was about to say, I just tried a digital game and a disc game and they were both fine.

I saw on reddit that it looked like most of the people having issues didn't have their consoles set as primary for whatever reason.

Mine is not my primary, my brother has it as his but he's selling his PS5 so I tried to set mine back to primary and it won't allow me, kept saying PSN is having issues. That was a couple hours ago so idk now

Edit-Working now, just in time for the wife and kid to want to watch movies 👍 Thanks PSN

I dunno man I've kind of had it with this 'all digital' future. After nearly two hours of spelunking the new exotic quest on legendary difficulty on Destiny 2 I get an error that says its going to log me out of the app in 5 minutes bc of "unverifiable license errors". 5 min later the game boots me. I lose all progress, right at the final boss. Before that the leader got kicked, and 10 new people weren't able to accept invites and were left wondering why. Then I can't restart D2 again bc PSN is having errors. It has locked me out of all online or digital content. Says to go into offline mode and I can play some stuff but then you get the same error messages saying the game and the network can't verify your content. So offline mode doesn't even work! Can't load my character in Tiny Tina's either. All because the servers are malfunctioning on Christmas.

I don't care that everyone thinks all my stuff needs to be online-only. You have certain windows where you can play games for a couple of hours and you want to play when you're able to play. I'm not here to beta test your compatibility and functionality. I'm also not here to be at the mercy of your permissions at any moment. I don't like this digital-only, GAAS future. They own everything and we can't control our own shit. System is just bricked today.

It often times feels like there's no point in paying for anything anymore. On PS, Steam, or Xbox. Because we don't own any of our own purchases. Access can be revoked during any moment.

I just don't want to spend money on this stuff anymore. While every game is also designed to nickle and dime you.

The service sucks. and the PS5 era has been a giant step backwards in both user friendliness and basic OS functionality. There are too many inconveniences and poor design choices.
That mission is so good though

Mine is not my primary, my brother has it as his but he's selling his PS5 so I tried to set mine back to primary and it won't allow me, kept saying PSN is having issues. That was a couple hours ago so idk now

Edit-Working now, just in time for the wife and kid to want to watch movies [emoji106] Thanks PSN
I can’t even play now cause I gotta go to bed and be up at 5:30am for work. my head hurts so much from punching it. thanks sony

The simple reality is that physical gaming has a lot of problems and inconveniences too. There is no perfect solution, I can admit that digital gaming has problems. Personally I'll never trade the convenience of being able to buy a game at 11pm on a Sunday because once a year I may not be able to verify my licenses + I'll get kicked out.

The Destiny 2 example strikes me as a poor case to argue, because even if that game was mostly available offline and digital just about everything that you can do in it that's meaningful will always be forced online to prevent save edit cheating, etc.

I don't care if companies actually own everything and control some things, because in reality they can't control enough that it will ever matter. Emulation isn't going anywhere--I can still play my entire childhood on a whim at any time I want on my PC. I don't think that's gonna be any different in 30 years for today's 12 year olds.

PSN was down? Wouldn’t know. I was in the ER all day with the worst case of food poisoning I have ever had.

Thanks Chick Fil A you fucks
damn man, rather had that then a shatter wrist and had to play certain games with one hand for awhile. Never really had chick-fil-a or food poisoning thankfully gotta check that food before eating. Also thought you can deal with food poisoning at home.

With respect to the DRM issues some experienced yesterday. I totally sympathize with you guys. I have had similar issues on XBox in the past. It really sucks when you actually have time to play a game you purchased to be denied access because of service issues.  I was too busy yesterday to have any video game time.  By the time I could play video games I was too tired and went to bed. Sucks getting old. 

Breakfast burrito

Never again

Raising Canes only from now on

Side note, anyone play that updated version of XIII? Worth the $15 for the PS5 version?

damn man, rather had that then a shatter wrist and had to play certain games with one hand for awhile. Never really had chick-fil-a or food poisoning thankfully gotta check that food before eating. Also thought you can deal with food poisoning at home.
Depends on the severity and country, but yea, usually, unless you're so dehydrated you need an IV.

bread's done
Back