Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Sorry if old but PS premium has a last chance to play category and it lists the games and EXACTLY when they are leaving. I just beat Enigmatis since it's leaving 1/17/2023 at 7am for me.  That is sooo cool that Sony lets you know how long you have before it's gone. To my knowledge, Game Pass has never done that and it's been around much longer. All if tells you is the date roughly. Kudos to Sony for doing this. Enigmatis was great BTW. Found out it's part of a trilogy. Now time to hunt down the other 2 games. I know the second game is currently $1.99 on the eshop.

Sorry if old but PS premium has a last chance to play category and it lists the games and EXACTLY when they are leaving. I just beat Enigmatis since it's leaving 1/17/2023 at 7am for me. That is sooo cool that Sony lets you know how long you have before it's gone. To my knowledge, Game Pass has never done that and it's been around much longer. All if tells you is the date roughly. Kudos to Sony for doing this. Enigmatis was great BTW. Found out it's part of a trilogy. Now time to hunt down the other 2 games. I know the second game is currently $1.99 on the eshop.
I fail to see how this is any different than Xbox letting users know which games will be leaving their game pass service. According to Eurogamer, Sony had removed the "last chance to play" tab forcing players to take to reddit to try to figure out which games were leaving PS+. My PS+ Extra sub expired last month so I don't know anything more than this.

https://www.eurogamer.net/fans-manually-listing-games-leaving-playstation-plus

https://pcgameabout.com/posts/games-ps/sony-imperceptibly-warns-about-games-leaving-ps-plus

Yeah, last chance to play is under PS+ section on PS5.  Played through the first chapter of The Council.  Apparently I got the platinum for Enigmatis 5 years ago.

Titles don't always go on sale across the services at the same time, though, or even for the same price.
It got the same discount on Xbox tonight though. I've seen other titles have a one week lag between going on sale on one console versus the other, so I'd bet on 33% off on PS5 either Wednesday this week or next.

Does miles morales ultimate edition ever go on sale? I want the Spider-Man remaster that it includes.
It might be cheaper just to get the regular edition and it should let you buy Spiderman remaster separately for I believe $20. If I remember correctly I was able to do this with the ps4 version.

These subscription services are nice and all but I am way too slow getting through these games for it to make sense for me. I have a mountain in backlog games and retro games to get through as it is. Starting a game on Gamepass or PS+ extra service with a deadline to finish probably doesn't make sense for people like me since I can eventually just buy these games cheap and complete them at my own pace later. I am genuinely curious what percentage of gamers are like me. I feel like I would need to quit my job and disown my family to be able to keep up with some of you in playing/finishing these games as they come out new.

It's interesting to see a Bethesda (Microsoft owned) game as part of the PS+ lineup this month with everything going on with the Activision buyout. Although I'm sure these deals happen months in advance, and I'm sure Microsoft likes money for Fallout 76 that I would doubt is selling massive numbers of copies these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to see a Bethesda (Microsoft owned) game as part of the PS+ lineup this month with everything going on with the Activision buyout. Although I'm sure these deals happen months in advance, and I'm sure Microsoft likes money for Fallout 76 that I would doubt is selling massive numbers of copies these days.
They recently just announced that they reached 13.5 million players, so it's doing well enough that they want more people that'll potentially buy the currency to get items in the live shop.

I got my PS4 copy during The Game Awards last year when they put a bunch of codes on screen for an ad. Also got ESO with all of the expansions up to that point.

These subscription services are nice and all but I am way too slow getting through these games for it to make sense for me. I have a mountain in backlog games and retro games to get through as it is. Starting a game on Gamepass or PS+ extra service with a deadline to finish probably doesn't make sense for people like me since I can eventually just buy these games cheap and complete them at my own pace later. I am genuinely curious what percentage of gamers are like me. I feel like I would need to quit my job and disown my family to be able to keep up with some of you in playing/finishing these games as they come out new.
I'm in a similar spot but I most have rpgs in my backlog as well as free stuff steam gog indiegala, fanatical and epic give out. I don't think a sub would ever work for me. Now if rentals were still a thing (gamefly aside) that would be more palpable.

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1610282372313792512

As of 26 January 2023, the following changes are planned to come into effect.

• HITMAN 3 will become ‘HITMAN World of Assassination’, which will also include access to HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 through our existing Access Pass system. Current HITMAN 3 owners will get a free upgrade to HITMAN World of Assassination on all platforms
  • We’re drastically simplifying the purchase experience for new players. HITMAN World of Assassination will be the single available option to start playing.
Essentially, these two changes will mean that all new players and existing HITMAN 3 owners will have the same base content ownership. There will be no more confusion over which edition to buy, what content you own, how to redeem Legacy packs or import locations, etc. We’re done with that.
Hitman and Hitman 2 are being delisted in the process of this happening on 1/26.

Anyone know of a workaround for Jedi disc owners to switch to digital? I got the PS5 upgrade through my PS4 copy, but even though I deleted it and redownloaded, I still have to insert the disc to play.
Not that big of a deal, but just annoying.

Anyone know of a workaround for Jedi disc owners to switch to digital? I got the PS5 upgrade through my PS4 copy, but even though I deleted it and redownloaded, I still have to insert the disc to play.
If you got the free upgrade then you’ll always need the disc inserted.

There's two version that you can choose to download when you claim the free monthly games, make sure you claim the PS5 version. I upgraded last year from a PS4 disc copy and can play the PS5 version without needing a disc inserted and I didn't have to redownload or download anything.

There's two version that you can choose to download when you claim the free monthly games, make sure you claim the PS5 version. I upgraded last year from a PS4 disc copy and can play the PS5 version without needing a disc inserted and I didn't have to redownload or download anything.
Thanks! I just figured this out and was going to edit my post!

I did this from my PS5, and I only had Miles Morales from PS+
So if I buy miles ps5 that’s on sale now for $20 I should be able to get the remaster for an additional $20? I’m down to do that if it works…the ps5 store is pretty confusing to me lol

So if I buy miles ps5 that’s on sale now for $20 I should be able to get the remaster for an additional $20? I’m down to do that if it works…the ps5 store is pretty confusing to me lol
You don't want it physical? Do you only have the digital PS5? I've seen plenty of people buying the game used for like $20 and the code for Spiderman is unused. I bought it on sale brand new for $32 sometime last year. If you only have the digital PS5 though, ignore this.

Should be able to do it, unless it changed you'd buy MM or if you have PS+ you can get MM from there and check the menu for upgrading to the ultimate edition. That is the the remastered ps4 game and will be an additional $20.

I'm in a similar spot but I most have rpgs in my backlog as well as free stuff steam gog indiegala, fanatical and epic give out. I don't think a sub would ever work for me. Now if rentals were still a thing (gamefly aside) that would be more palpable.
Yeah but these days games take too long to beat typically so why not just beat games you own until that game you wanted to rent goes on sale? Developers rush these games out the door with bugs and there is always DLC coming down the line so your experience is going to be better if you just wait for them to finish the game/DLC instead of buying/playing day 1.

Exactly. I love Assassin's Creed for example, but I know it's going to take them years to finish releasing DLC and getting the game up to its "final form," so I put it off until they announce the next game in the series and play other games in my backlog instead. Why spend close to $150 for a single game after adding in the cost of the game, season passes, extra DLC or any other sort of microtransaction, when you can wait two years and get the whole kit & kaboodle for $20 and then play it after all the issues have been ironed out. They don't give out awards for being the first kid on the block to play a game, may as well save your money, wait, and then play it all in one shot once it's finally complete.

Yeah but these days games take too long to beat typically so why not just beat games you own until that game you wanted to rent goes on sale? Developers rush these games out the door with bugs and there is always DLC coming down the line so your experience is going to be better if you just wait for them to finish the game/DLC instead of buying/playing day 1.
Oh definitely. I rarely preorder unless I get a large discount and or it's Nintendo which takes a long time to go on sale if ever.

On occasion I'll preorder something at full price it's a series that I am a fan of and I intend on playing it right away.

Some new cheap highlights from the new wave of deals in the Holiday Sale:

PS4 7 Days to Die - $2.99 - 90% off

PS4 Agents of Mayhem: Total Mayhem Bundle - $2.99 - 90% off

PS4 Citizens of Earth - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4 Citizens of Space - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4/Vita Darkest Dungeon - $2.49 - 90% off

PS4/Vita Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition - $3.99 - 90% off

PS4 The Deadly Tower of Monsters - $2.24 - 85% off

PS5/PS4 Dirt 5 - $8.99 - 85% off

PS4 The First Tree - $1.99 - 80% off

PS4 .hack//G.U. Last Recode - $4.99 - 90% off

PS4 Hob - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Huntdown - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Katamari Damacy Reroll - $7.49 - 75% off

PS4 Lair of the Clockwork God - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Lost in Random - $5.99 - 80% off

PS4 Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Recruit Edtion - $5.99 - 85% off

PS4 Mighty No. 9 - $1.99 - 90%

PS4 Mirror's Edge Catalyst - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Mulaka - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Need for Speed Payback - $1.99 - 90% off

PS4 Panzer Dragoon: Remake - $2.49 - 90% off

PS4 PixelJunk Monsters 2 - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4 PixelJunk Monsters 2 Deluxe Edition - $3.29 - 85% off

PS4 Rainbow Skies + Rainbow Moon Mega RPG Bundle - $5.99 - 85% off

PS4 Rive - $2.24 - 85% off - $1.34 - 91% off

PS4 Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - $2.24 - 85% off

PS4 Salt and Sanctuary - $3.59 - 80% off

PS4 Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Definitive Edition - $2.99 - 70% off

PS4 The Solitaire Conspiracy - $1.99 - 80% off - $0.99 - 90% off

PS4 SolSeraph - $2.99 - 80% off

PS4 Timberman VS - $0.19 - 90% off

PS4 Toki Tori 2+ - $2.24 - 85% off - $1.34 - 91% off

PS4 Torchlight 2 - $4.99 - 75% off

PS4 Two Tribes Pack: Rive & Toki Tori 2+ - $4.04 - 85% off - $2.42 - 91% off

PS4 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - $5.99 - 85% off

PS4 XCOM 2 Collection - $9.99 - 90% off

PS4 Yakuza 0 - $3.99 - 80% off

PS4 Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - $3.99 - 80% off

Any games out there like Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance that people like?

The game I mentioned got trashed by media and players alike, although I liked it for when I wanted to have a Dwarf go off on some goblins and orcs. 

attachicon.gif
SCR-20230104-qvo.png

Is this just an error or did this game just got delisted?
I’m seeing the same thing. The only info I can find is it was delisted in Japan 3+ years ago.

Edit: I have it free from PS+ so I can still download it through the app (and I would assume my library on the console). Also, can still buy the DLC at 90% off.

Sony really needs to fix these quests where you buy a game and get points. You don’t get shit if you already own the game. Should be retroactive.

I tried to play the demo for PSVR2 but it says they are all booked for today. Will try tomorrow. I have no idea why two of those pictures are sideways. [attachment=37679:20230105_102440.jpg][attachment=37680:20230105_102533_HDR.jpg][attachment=37681:20230105_103005.jpg]

I waited 4 hours to try the Oculus Rift CV1 at E3 2015. Was totally worth it.

The first PSVR was the most comfortable headset on the market, IMO. The Index is closer. The Oculus stuff is not the greatest, IMO, but the Quest may be better at this point.

Let us know how the PSVR2 compares.

bread's done
Back