Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
attachicon.gif
SCR-20230104-qvo.png

Is this just an error or did this game just got delisted?
The error is it's priced $5 to much of it's actual worth.

Bout to pull the trigger on wolfenstein alt history collection. Is it basically all the games and content aside from wolfenstein 2 season pass?

$40 off 12 months of the Premium and Extra tiers of PS+ until January 13th. Did this just get added or did I somehow miss it over the last few days? I was going to resubscribe during the last sale but forgot about it until after it was over. Think I'll pull the trigger on Premium this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
$40 off 12 months of the Premium and Extra tiers of PS+ until January 13th. Did this just get added or did I somehow miss it over the last few days? I was going to resubscribe during the last sale but forgot about it until after it was over. Think I'll pull the trigger on Premium this time.
Just popped up again recently from what I've heard. Only for people who aren't subbed.

I guess PowerWash Simulator has a date? Devs haven't announced it yet, so it might be a mistake.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1611392228584292353

took a break from gaming since 2020 used to get 1 yr subs for 30-35 bucks during the ps3-4 gens, where are you guys getting deals for subs? ive seen that now PS is just going straight to wallet funds where are good sites to buy PS store funds at a discount?

got scammed using RBCODE they had advertised $40 for a yr sub link and site is now gone

cant get cdkeys to accept any form of payment, credit card, payplay, bank account

seen gamerflip site for discounts on PSstore funds are they legit?

I have always renewed around Thanksgiving/ Christmas time because could always get the subs cheaper....that didn't happen this year.  I just ended up paying full, but I have also been hapy with the PSplus games on offer so I still feel like it's a good deal.

And yes some of the games each month I already own, but I take it as still a win when I can get the digital copy of a game on own physically.  I look at it from the big picture that the game offered (imo) is decent for thsoe that don't own it.  Sure I get burned buying a game that comes out on plus the next week (thanks Ghostrunner), but I learned to not buy games at the end of the month lol 

Interested in see how the PSVR2 demo goes...  IGN does not seem to be so excited about it.  The Quest 2 is awesome...  it would be really tough for the PSVR2 to win that market...

I have always renewed around Thanksgiving/ Christmas time because could always get the subs cheaper....that didn't happen this year. I just ended up paying full, but I have also been hapy with the PSplus games on offer so I still feel like it's a good deal.

And yes some of the games each month I already own, but I take it as still a win when I can get the digital copy of a game on own physically. I look at it from the big picture that the game offered (imo) is decent for thsoe that don't own it. Sure I get burned buying a game that comes out on plus the next week (thanks Ghostrunner), but I learned to not buy games at the end of the month lol
yes same here aswell

just for a heads up i dont want to break any rules on here as i dont know them i only used this site to find PS deals for games and subs for years, but the site mentioned above does work i just bought a 50$ card code for 39.69. new users get an addition 4 dollars off its very secure it even lets you try the code before you finalize the payment and the code was givin almost instant now i just have to wait for the store to give a deal for essential like they just did for premium or extra

Has anybody here had issues with using their PS5 in the vertical position? Saw this on Twitter and have never heard of the website where the article is originally posted (wololo.net). Everything about it seems off to me.
https://twitter.com/PSUdotcom/status/1611025478315397122

Took quite awhile to work through issues related to both RROD and YLOD, so just keep note of it.

Never used my consoles that spin discs vertically since I'm afraid they'd fall over during operation.

Best to just lay them flat in general, IMO. But would be interested in one or some of the bigger tech YouTubers to dig into.

I leave mine vertical because it's digital only. Also I use the dbrand darkplates so supposedly it runs a little cooler but I am curious to see if there's issues later on due to leaving vertical all the time

None of you guys read the damn thing.

It doesn't matter if it's it's digital or not. The alleged issue isn't the drive.

It's essentially the "conductive thermal grease" that can leak, which can create a mess if the system is vertical.

It's likely extremely rare (not that I'd put it vertical because of the drive + cats + doesn't fit for me vertical).

I keep my ps5 upside down so that the conductive thermal grease will just flow right out the air vents and not hurt anything.

None of you guys read the damn thing.

It doesn't matter if it's it's digital or not. The alleged issue isn't the drive.

It's essentially the "conductive thermal grease" that can leak, which can create a mess if the system is vertical.

It's likely extremely rare (not that I'd put it vertical because of the drive + cats + doesn't fit for me vertical).
Yep.

This is from a Yahoo article via PlayStationLifeStyle.net:

"The PS5 console uses a liquid metal cooling system for the APU. In most consoles, the APU and its cooling system will be pressed too tightly together for gravity to be a problem, and most of the 30 million PS5 owners will never have this issue. However, in PS5 consoles where the seal has been damaged, the metal can reportedly become uneven or even spill over time when the console is stored vertically, affecting the efficiency of the cooling system. [...] If the cooling system has been affected, players could get noisy fans and unexpected shutdowns as the console overheats. However, Wololo has compiled reports from several hardware experts that claim the liquid metal can even spill onto other components and can cause short circuits, effectively killing the motherboard."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vertical-ps5-consoles-could-killed-160425012.html#https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr&via=Yahoomailto:?subject=Vertical PS5 Consol...d-160425012.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vertical-ps5-consoles-could-killed-160425012.html

The only reason my PS5 is vertical is from lack of space. Both it and my Series X are sitting on top of a small bookshelf for now. Once I get things rearranged I’ll lay them down.

This is one of the "hardware experts":

thecod3r_ps5_liquid_metal.jpg
And what's your point? Have you watched his videos yet? The guy is very knowledgeable. He spent the entire of Christmas day trying to fix a client's broken PS5. I'd be pretty pissed about it too!

It's like people who ignore the warning label on cigarettes and think it's false just because they've been smoking for 20 years and have never had cancer. It's up to you to look at the evidence and weigh the risks.

Sony is aware of this issue. That is why there is a seal around the liquid metal to keep it from leaking all over the PCB. This goes for the current PS5 version A and B that are currently in circulation. The upcoming new diskless model revision C will supposedly not be using liquid metal as a cooling solution.

It's like the RROD and YLOD. I still have an Xbox 360 and PS3 that are still working to this day without issues yet I have heard horror stories of people going through 5 Xboxes back in the day. Honestly don't understand how that is even possible. What percentage of PS5s are having this issue? 1%? 5%? 10%? We simply don't know. This isn't something that happens overnight.

And what's your point? Have you watched his videos yet? The guy is very knowledgeable. He spent the entire of Christmas day trying to fix a client's broken PS5. I'd be pretty pissed about it too!

It's like people who ignore the warning label on cigarettes and think it's false just because they've been smoking for 20 years and have never had cancer. It's up to you to look at the evidence and weigh the risks.

Sony is aware of this issue. That is why there is a seal around the liquid metal to keep it from leaking all over the PCB. This goes for the current PS5 version A and B that are currently in circulation. The upcoming new diskless model revision C will supposedly not be using liquid metal as a cooling solution.

It's like the RROD and YLOD. I still have an Xbox 360 and PS3 that are still working to this day without issues yet I have heard horror stories of people going through 5 Xboxes back in the day. Honestly don't understand how that is even possible. What percentage of PS5s are having this issue? 1%? 5%? 10%? We simply don't know. This isn't something that happens overnight.
It's something that happens when the console takes a catastrophic fall. I guess that's easier when it's in a vertical position? I watched two of his videos and I didn't see anything that made me draw the conclusion that having the console in the vertical position was the cause of the liquid metal leaking.

The PS5 he's working on in the video linked in the wololo article is one the customer claimed had never been used and was straight out of the box, but it sure didn't look that way on the outside to me. The black part of the PS5 looked to have markings on it. Maybe it got beat to hell in the box? Or maybe the customer was lying? Who knows.

Could it be a bad seal in some units? Of course. They've made 30 million of these things, so of course some of them are going to be faulty out of the box. I imagine many more that see this issue are because of mistreatment, though.

Maybe you're right, though, and this could be the next RROD or YLOD. I guess time will tell. I'd bet on it not being a widespread issue, though.

For the record, my console lays horizontal with tons of breathing room. And I had two RRODs and a YLOD. The second RROD was from the same xbox Microsoft "fixed" and sent back to me, and it happened about a month later, ha. I imagine your perfectly fine 360 and PS3 weren't launch models? Both of my consoles with the issues were, and the ones I got later still work today, just like yours.

If it really is an out of box failure, you would go straight to the manufacturer and utilize their warranty. Why would you go to a third party where you have to pay out of pocket cost for repairs?

I am familiar with Wololo. They are a good resource for news related to jailbreaking devices and have been trustworthy in the past for me when I was "researching" how to expand the utility of my VITA.

If it really is an out of box failure, you would go straight to the manufacturer and utilize their warranty. Why would you go to a third party where you have to pay out of pocket cost for repairs?
Only thing I could think of is if you bought it from a secondary market? I agree that some of the details don't seem to make sense at first glance. Hopefully it is a minor issue because nobody needs a debacle like the RROD stuff ever again.

Struck out again on psvr2. You need to go to a link at 8:00 in the morning to register. I was told the registration was taken within 30 seconds which is a little suspicious because I got on there at 7:59 and 59 seconds and refreshed a couple of times and was told it was already full. I'll have to try again tomorrow morning.

I did get to play the demo for Forsaken. It was pretty long. Had me do five challenges. The story was something about she likes her cat. I couldn't really pay attention to the beginning. The combat was pretty cool but definitely will take some getting used to. The haptic triggers really felt like it was a chore to get out my sword but again, maybe I was doing something wrong.

Here's what the page looks like for PSVR2 demo

[attachment=37689:Screenshot_20230107-122855.png]

Struck out again on psvr2. You need to go to a link at 8:00 in the morning to register. I was told the registration was taken within 30 seconds which is a little suspicious because I got on there at 7:59 and 59 seconds and refreshed a couple of times and was told it was already full. I'll have to try again tomorrow morning.
Sounds about right as I imagine everyone was doing the same thing as you

evicting my cat

thanks for the advice, playstation strong :ps4: :ps4: :ps4: :ps4:

Off Rails.

Thanks for whomever posted about the PS+ games rotating out of circulation.  Just got me and my son to madly click through some hidden item game... and we laughed like crazy.  Great times, and thanks a ton!  

It's something that happens when the console takes a catastrophic fall. I guess that's easier when it's in a vertical position? I watched two of his videos and I didn't see anything that made me draw the conclusion that having the console in the vertical position was the cause of the liquid metal leaking.

The PS5 he's working on in the video linked in the wololo article is one the customer claimed had never been used and was straight out of the box, but it sure didn't look that way on the outside to me. The black part of the PS5 looked to have markings on it. Maybe it got beat to hell in the box? Or maybe the customer was lying? Who knows.

Could it be a bad seal in some units? Of course. They've made 30 million of these things, so of course some of them are going to be faulty out of the box. I imagine many more that see this issue are because of mistreatment, though.

Maybe you're right, though, and this could be the next RROD or YLOD. I guess time will tell. I'd bet on it not being a widespread issue, though.

For the record, my console lays horizontal with tons of breathing room. And I had two RRODs and a YLOD. The second RROD was from the same xbox Microsoft "fixed" and sent back to me, and it happened about a month later, ha. I imagine your perfectly fine 360 and PS3 weren't launch models? Both of my consoles with the issues were, and the ones I got later still work today, just like yours.
Nah my Xbox 360 was an elite model. I had done my research on RROD and I purposefully bought it because it had the updated Jasper motherboard. My PS3 was also a later model slim version. It doesn't pay to be an early adopter. Better to wait for them to work out the kinks first. That goes for both hardware and software nowadays lol.

Because it's not an out of the box failure issue? Gravity is pulling down on the MASSIVE heatsink inside the PS5, spinning diskdrive could also cause torque on the heatsink causing it to loosen over time. Of course having the PS5 vertical also increases the chances of it falling over which could break the internal seal holding the liquid metal.

The RROD issue Xbox had was not an out of the box issue. It could take years for Xbox to fail from RROD and by then most Xboxes were out of warranty. Thankfully this was so widespread that Microsoft were honoring and even fixing Xboxes that were well past warranty due to RROD.

I got lucky that my PS3 is the last phat model and basically has a slim board inside the old shell. Never had an issue!

Early model units are weird for stuff like this; hopefully it doesn't come to a class action if it's widespread.

Or, like Nintendo with the stick drift, Sony just quietly fixes any systems damaged in this way. Best outcome if it really is a limited event.

And, I too, am a geriatric millennial with cats. Haters gonna hate.

I just Platinumed God of War Ragnarök. Total logged time was 79 hours. Kind of hoping for a DLC but I read the Director said there will be none.

Anyone know much Sony charge to fix a ps5 controller. Stupid warranty ended right before stick drift started. It's horrible doing nioh 2 made me fall off a ledge. If not do gamestop fix shyt.

bread's done
Back