Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
So I found out that for the last 3 days, the Sony employees have given me the wrong information on how to reserve a spot for psvr2. There were additional steps I was supposed to take and they didn't tell me those steps. Talked to a guy on the ride over to the convention who got a reservation and he told me all the things you needed to do in order to get one. I was only told to refresh a page and pick a time if it popped up which was completely false.

Long story short, I spoke with three Sony employees at the booth and they said they told everyone the exact same information as they told me and I explained to them that there were other steps needed to be taken and I asked them if they gave everyone the wrong information, how did people reserve spots? They couldn't answer that question. Kept repeating the same thing over and over to me and said the only way I can get a chance to play psvr2 is to get in a waiting line which had four people already there. Last day today is from 9:00 to 4:00 so literally stand there all day and just hope no one shows up for their reserved time.

So because of clueless employees that were there all day to help people get reservations not knowing how to give those information correctly, I got screwed. There's no way I'm standing there all day just hoping no one shows up. Thing comes out next month and I'm not really hyped about it anyways.

Some other people in line said it was a total clusterf*uk trying to put your time and information in and then click on reserve. I explained to them that I never even got that chance and they were like well we did and we still couldn't get in. I looked over at the Sony employees and I said at least they had a shot. The guy just shrugged his shoulders and said sorry.

Right now I'm pissed off at them but if I make my way over there at the end of the day today at 4:00, I'll see if they have a spot which I highly doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freeze - thanks for trying..  It would have been awesome to hear your opinion of the PSVR2... but agreed... that is a crazy waste of time.  

Hope the rest of the event was fun though!!

Not sure why you wanna see me, but here you go, weirdo.

attachicon.gif
396299_10100785889643035_756463864_n.jpg
Shoe on head please

So I found out that for the last 3 days, the Sony employees have given me the wrong information on how to reserve a spot for psvr2. There were additional steps I was supposed to take and they didn't tell me those steps. Talked to a guy on the ride over to the convention who got a reservation and he told me all the things you needed to do in order to get one. I was only told to refresh a page and pick a time if it popped up which was completely false.
Long story short, I spoke with three Sony employees at the booth and they said they told everyone the exact same information as they told me and I explained to them that there were other steps needed to be taken and I asked them if they gave everyone the wrong information, how did people reserve spots? They couldn't answer that question. Kept repeating the same thing over and over to me and said the only way I can get a chance to play psvr2 is to get in a waiting line which had four people already there. Last day today is from 9:00 to 4:00 so literally stand there all day and just hope no one shows up for their reserved time.
So because of clueless employees that were there all day to help people get reservations not knowing how to give those information correctly, I got screwed. There's no way I'm standing there all day just hoping no one shows up. Thing comes out next month and I'm not really hyped about it anyways.
Some other people in line said it was a total clusterf*uk trying to put your time and information in and then click on reserve. I explained to them that I never even got that chance and they were like well we did and we still couldn't get in. I looked over at the Sony employees and I said at least they had a shot. The guy just shrugged his shoulders and said sorry.
Right now I'm pissed off at them but if I make my way over there at the end of the day today at 4:00, I'll see if they have a spot which I highly doubt.
I hope you demanded to speak to a manager for this egregious offense

do you guys think gamestop will have preorders or just offer up games? I was hoping to get one through them because of my many gamestop monies

After hearing about this experience I'm torn on trying to preorder PSVR2... I don't give a shit about it either but I really really really want to fight with someone over it.

Got a ps2, Xbox, and GC at launch. Haven’t had another console at launch since. PSVR2, for the first time in over two decades, will be changing that. It’s the #1 reason I bought a ps5

I've only gotten one system at launch - the 3DS - and between the lack of games early in and the major price drop shortly afterward, I learned my lesson from that.

Got these at launch:

PS2

Wii

Vita

PS4 (Amazon tried like hell to not ship it to me)

PSVR

Switch

Xbox One X

PS5 (Amazon canceled my pre-order a few days after launch, but a friend had an extra bundle to send to me)

Got the Wii U, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S within a month or two after launch when stock was still readily available. The 3DS I got in the period after the price drop was announced, but before the price dropped, so I got it from BB and got the price adjustment to get the Ambassador games with the cheaper price.

The Wii U is the first game system I bought at launch. I think you can understand why that will also be the last one.

I bought every Nintendo system since they started bundling them with smash. Gc wii wiiu switch. Smash is one of my favorite series.

3ds and ps3 I bought launch models of after their prices dropped off to 40 per.

Ps2 phat and launch vita both still work to this day.

only got a ps5 at launch cause i had the covid dollars

if it didnt play ps4 games this would be the worst deal of all trade deals

cant believe nobody got the Dreamcast at launch, 9/9/99. then again i can believe it since it was a failure and all.
It was a year after launch before I had my first job, and my first paycheck went to that.

I had PS2 a week after launch; Xbox and GameCube at midnight launch day; PS3 and 360 got sent to me at different points when I was doing the games journalism thing, but Wii was launch day. PS4 was a couple months post-launch, Xbox One i ignored until I could get it for $100 for Rock Band 4, and Wii U was launch day. I think Wii U was the last launch day release I've had for a console.

cant believe nobody got the Dreamcast at launch, 9/9/99. then again i can believe it since it was a failure and all.
Here's my launch purchase list (not in exact order.)

N64

GBA

NDS

PS2

DC

GC

3DS

Vita

PS3

Xbox 360

Wii

Wii U

Switch

PS4

Xbox One

PS5

Man, I've had a problem for quite a while now....

The first console I bought launch day was GBA SP. Since then it's been DS, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, PS4, PSVR & PS5 day one. Everything else (PS2, Xbox, NGPC, PSP, PS3, 360, XBO, Switch, Retron 5, XBSX) I waited a little while on. Prior to that my parent's got me consoles for Christmas (NES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube) and Birthdays (Gameboy, GBC, PS1, GBA). Except for one occasion I got a silver Gameboy Pocket day 1. That was a nice surprise after school.

It's crazy how into handhelds I was in my younger years. Considering I don't play any now.

Oh I finally picked up a SNES last year, Two actually. The original and Snes Jr. Never had one as a kid, but its cool to have it in my retro setup now.

I think PS5 was my only launch system. I might have gotten the Switch at launch, but I don't actually remember. If not, it was early on. Wii, I would have gotten a launch, but it took a year of trying to actually get. I didn't get the PS4 til they removed the backwards compatibility, and I didn't get the DS til the 3DS. Oh, I guess the missus got a 3DS at launch.

On another note, I just got a message from My Best Buy....

they are bringing back free shipping with no minimum purchase but...

no more Best Buy points unless you buy with the Best Buy credit card.

I used to buy a lot of my physical games and movies and hardware at Best Buy as long as the price was close just to get the points so I could treat myself with something for "free".  

I don't want a store credit card.  Well, me shopping there is pretty much done now I guess.  

I have fond memories of Bestuy from 15 or so years ago when my cousin, friend and I would go to the mall every weekend, walk up and down the endless aisles of DVDs at Bestbuy and see if any titles stood out for movies we wanted to take a chance on. Those were the good old days. I went into that same Bestbuy a couple weeks ago looking for the movies section. When I couldn't find it, I asked someone behind a counter for it's location. He said they don't sell them in stores anymore and to buy them either on the site or go to the FYE located further into the mall. Funny thing is, the random woman behind me in line spoke up and was like, "I had the same question as him. FYE you said?"

The Free Shipping regardless of cost is a boon, but the no points is disappointing. Not as much as the getting rid of GCU or physical media in stores, but disappointing none-the-less. At this point, I feel like the only time I purchase from them is when they have either the best deal during Black Friday or an exclusive release (like being the only place you can buy Clerks III in 4K Blu-Ray.)

I don't know...  Bestbuy's slogan used to be "Turn on the Fun." I'm not sure what it is now because most of the store is no longer filled with anything "fun", it's filled with washing machines and refrigerators.

Yeah disappointed in Best Buy for sure. They got my newer niche game money because I could earn points. I may still chose them, as Amazon has been really slow and disappointing with slow shipping for a few months now (starting since July maybe for me). Prime isn't worth anything anymore (shipping wise) for me and will be cancelled when the renewal comes up this year. I will use Target when possible (been using them for buy 2 get 1) and BB sometimes just to get some business to the other guys, but this is pretty lame. Just not as many good choices especially with Gamestop being a joke with "new" copies, although they have been driving some sales especially for niche games.

The Last of Us HBO show is getting a lot of good review, currently at 97% on rotten tomatoes for critics who watched the entire series.

Also standing your PS5 vertically is fine unless you have been dropping your PS5 or something. Just more people overreacting on things that they don't really understand about.

I stand my ps5 and use the plate it came with…but it’s wobbly to me and can easily fall if there was a kid or cat around eventually I’ll keep it flat, need more space.

Great deal on

9 Monkeys of Shaolin + Ash of Gods + Redeemer: Bundle

3.99 for all 3.
If people have Premium (not sure about the other teers,) all of the games are included in there.

I debated picking it up until I saw that. Thanks for the heads up though.

With the way my living room is set up, with my 83” tv mounted on the wall and my consoles and receiver on a tv stand under, I can’t stand either ps5 or XSX vertically. To be able to stand my ps5 vertical I would have had to mount my tv too high on the wall. It would have been like sitting front row at the movie theater if I’d done that

After playing OPO demo, I’d have to say it’s pretty basic like I thought it’d be. Guess I was being too optimistic I would enjoy it somewhat like Yakuza 7. Oh well let’s see the reviews and if it’ll be G2L at gs

PS4,PS5 and Series X were the first launch consoles I bought. In hindsight I didn't need to do it for PS5 or Series X but it's too late now. That PS4 Launch was a good call though I think.

My first launch was ps4. Ps3 was expensive back then, parents bought us the phat one sadly it bricked years later (backwards compatible) ps4 was thought for me to find that my last option was to get a bundle from GameStop lol. Learned my lesson so I pre ordered the ps5 as soon as I could

Wow this takes me back... EB games in my local mall, 9/9/99. I was a kid back then, preordered the console and 8 games. Stayed up until 3am playing I believe it was called Hydro Thunder with a racing wheel. The next day went to school, then went back to EB games after to get my 9th game on launch day just to complete the 9s.

I never really thought about it, but I guess I never got a system at launch. I assumed I did at some point but now thinking about it, I realize I never did. Never really wanted a system at launch. The first wave of games are always underwhelming. I had Twilight Princess on gamecube and BotW on Wii U. It took over a year for anything to interest my on any of the PS consoles. Never had any Xbox, and my handhelds & Sega systems were usually bought secondhand and used. I did however get a 3DS early enough to get the Ambassador perk and all those free GBA games, but it was like a month after launch. And besides that, I really desperately wanted a N64 at launch. Every day after school I walked to Toys R Us to play Mario 64 because they demoed it for months before the system even came out. I wanted it so so bad, but my parents waited til my bday months later. At that point I had already played thru like a quarter of Mario 64 in bits and pieces at Toys r Us lol.

Kind of feel like a failure as a gamer having never lined up for a system at launch tbh.

You said it yourself, console libraries typically aren’t worth bothering with for a good chunk of time after their launch. For that reason alone, I’d say people who buy their systems at launch are more interested in owning a new toy than in gaming.

bread's done
Back