Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1616104028143771649

This brings our current launch window lineup to more than 30 games, with hardware and software available beginning February 22, 2023. Here’s what we’re tracking:

• After the Fall (Vertigo Games)
  • Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
  • Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
  • Cities VR (Fast Travel Games) 
  • Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
  • Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
  • The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, launch window)
  • Demeo (Resolution Games)
  • Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
  • Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
  • Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
  • Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
  • The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
  • The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions) 
  • Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc)
  • NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
  • No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
  • Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
  • Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update to PS5 version of RE Village) 
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Song in the Smoke (17 Bit)
  • STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
  • Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
  • The Tale of Onogoro (Amata K.K)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Tetris Effect (Enhance)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
  • Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
  • Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)

New games in the article:

• Before Your Eyes
  • Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition
  • Kayak VR: Mirage
  • The Last Clockwinder
  • NFL Pro Era - Free upgrade
  • Pavlov VR
  • Puzzling Places - Free upgrade
  • Rez Infinite - $9.99 upgrade
  • Song in the Smoke: Rekindled - Free upgrade
  • Synth Riders: Remastered Edition - Free upgrade
  • Tetris Effect - $9.99 upgrade
  • Thumper - No free upgrade
  • What the Bat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the upgrade fees, or worse, lack of upgrade paths, is disappointing. But that being said, I’m still incredibly stoked about that launch lineup. A couple of new announcements including Tetris Effect, Thumper, Rez Infinite, and Creed Rise to Glory are all welcome additions. Creed especially since I didn’t get to play it as much as I wanted due to tracking issues

Some of the upgrade fees, or worse, lack of upgrade paths, is disappointing. But that being said, I’m still incredibly stoked about that launch lineup. A couple of new announcements including Tetris Effect, Thumper, Rez Infinite, and Creed Rise to Glory are all welcome additions. Creed especially since I didn’t get to play it as much as I wanted due to tracking issues
I'm not great at this game, but I bet it would be AWESOME in VR.

In the past I’ve recommended Thumper, but always with the disclaimer that I’ve only played it in VR and couldn’t imagine after playing it in VR that I’d want to go back to it as a flat screen game?

If anyone cares, Sony seems to have upped the wallet cap amount beyond the $250 cap it used to be.  Was able to redeem a PSN card that put me around $275 wallet.  Not sure what the new cap is but hopefully it is more than $300.

$20 a piece is cheaper than I thought they would be, but the CAG in me wants to wait for a sale....or until a stack enough Gamestop PSN credit.
I wanted Golden on my Switch enough to pay full price and use gold coins to make it cheaper out of pocket, but P3P is gonna wait for a sale.

If anyone cares, Sony seems to have upped the wallet cap amount beyond the $250 cap it used to be. Was able to redeem a PSN card that put me around $275 wallet. Not sure what the new cap is but hopefully it is more than $300.
That's wonderful. Why did you buy a PSN card if you were already at the wallet cap? Or was it a gift?

That's wonderful. Why did you buy a PSN card if you were already at the wallet cap? Or was it a gift?
Was below it by about $15 bucks. Had a deal come up where I got basically $135 PSN for $85 bucks. Couldn't turn down free cash. So I pre ordered Diablo IV and then added the credit to my wallet, which let me exceed the $250 cap.

Just got an email from Amazon that my preorder of Hogwarts Legacy on PS5 is now expected on March 2nd. Uh what?
something weird is going on with the game and the different versions. seems like some got delayed and some didn't. it's really weird.
i got the collector edition for ps4 sense I couldn't get the ps5 one and it now has a release date of April.

something weird is going on with the game and the different versions. seems like some got delayed and some didn't. it's really weird.
i got the collector edition for ps4 sense I couldn't get the ps5 one and it now has a release date of April.
I believe that's an entirely different situation. From what I understand, the current gen version of the game will be out in February, but last gen is coming out in April.

Just got an email from Amazon that my preorder of Hogwarts Legacy on PS5 is now expected on March 2nd. Uh what?
Amazon has been pretty bad lately on getting games out on release. Not sure if it's them not getting stuff in on time or the publisher's not sending them enough to fulfill pre-orders. Callisto protocol also had it's delivery date pushed to a month away but I think 2-3 weeks after release it was finally shipping normally again. I would not count on it coming on release and go get it elsewhere.

Amazon has been pretty bad lately on getting games out on release. Not sure if it's them not getting stuff in on time or the publisher's not sending them enough to fulfill pre-orders. Callisto protocol also had it's delivery date pushed to a month away but I think 2-3 weeks after release it was finally shipping normally again. I would not count on it coming on release and go get it elsewhere.
Amazon has been late on just about all their sends out lately. One of my Christmas presents came late (ordered December 2nd), most of my stuff gets here 5+ days with 3 days on a good send maybe. The packaging is garbage and frankly I'm pretty much done with them unless they're getting cheap prices. My Prime is up at the end of June and frankly that's OK. BB is pissing me off with their cancellation of rewards as well, and Gamestop blows with "new" copies. All of them can be bad. Target is probably my go to a bit, but not by much.

I was not going to pre-order Hogwarts becase I tend to get burned (from the Sega CD up to and including Cyberpunk to name a few), but had BB credit to use...and now I will get the $10 credit to use.....(think I might be stuck in a loop)....

Marvel's Avengers is getting its last update on 3/31 and support will be done 9/30 when it's delisted:

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1616563929555292161

As a show of our appreciation for our community, starting March 31, 2023 we will make all the game’s Marketplace, Challenge Card, and Shipment cosmetic content available to all players for free. Every single Outfit, Takedown, Emote, and Nameplate from the Marketplace, Challenge Cards, and Shipments will be free for all players from this date onwards if you own a copy of the game.

If anyone cares, Sony seems to have upped the wallet cap amount beyond the $250 cap it used to be. Was able to redeem a PSN card that put me around $275 wallet. Not sure what the new cap is but hopefully it is more than $300.
Thanks for the heads up on this! I had hoped the limit would change at some point, especially for those times when credit is substantially discounted at various retailers. Nice to camel up during those sales and know most/all the credit is in the wallet as opposed to credit still being out there as unredeemed codes. From looking further into what the new limit might be, I saw this on Reddit. Granted, it might not be 100% correct, but at least the total is probably closer to the new limit than what it used to be.

[attachment=37720:AC816237-9134-464D-8E33-BD2115DAE573.jpeg]

In the past I’ve recommended Thumper, but always with the disclaimer that I’ve only played it in VR and couldn’t imagine after playing it in VR that I’d want to go back to it as a flat screen game?
I've got my 2 ordered and own a VR, I'll look at Thumper. I know nothing about the Simulator games mentioned here, worth a try?

I'm glad to finally play DMC5SE after having it on my Xbox wishlist and still not pulling the trigger at $20.

Hot Shots Golf 2 and Syphon Filter 3 should be free now if you already bought them on PSN for PS3/PSP/Vita.

Hot Shots Golf 2:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA32473_00-SCUS944760000000

Syphon Filter 3:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA36095_00-SCUS946400000000
Syphon filter 3 showing as 'Not available for purchase' for me instead of free. I know I bought it on ps3 (I've already claimed 1 and 2 for free when they released). Anyone else having this issue?

Update: Never mind. I was able to download from the console store, but not on my phone.

I've got my 2 ordered and own a VR, I'll look at Thumper. I know nothing about the Simulator games mentioned here, worth a try?
Are you meaning the Job and Vacation Simulators? I loved Job Sim but it was also one of my first played VR games. That’s probably what it should be. At the time it was amazing just interacting with virtual items, but not anymore. It’s a fairly small experience and the tracking on psvr1 was really janky. It has fantastic humor and that’s the main selling point now I’d think. But even then, because it’s so small you don’t get much of it. I heard Vacation Sim was much more of the same, which made me both excited and hesitant. Never wound up buying it but I’ll probably check it out on psvr2 on its first sale

Wow.  I don't normally go out of my way to get trophies when playing games, but I have to brag a little.

After all these years, I finally got my first platinum in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, woohoo!  It was a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence about it.

Ok I'm done.  :)

I got an email from Sony stating that I would get 500 points just for downloading the Sony Rewards app. So I did and got the points and then saw a Totino's pizza roll contest that was free to enter so I entered it and then saw that if you uploaded a receipt from a totina's pizza roll purchase, you would get another 500 points. Combine the two and those 1,000 points are good enough to get a 10-dollar PSN gift card.

Sorry if off topic, but does anyone know anything about what happened to the mayflash website? I have one of their arcade sticks that I need to update the firmware to use on my PS5, and the site has been down for a week or two so far.

Sorry if off topic, but does anyone know anything about what happened to the mayflash website? I have one of their arcade sticks that I need to update the firmware to use on my PS5, and the site has been down for a week or two so far.
Getting this trying to visit their site they probably just need to renew their security certificate

This server could not prove that it is www.mayflash.com; its security certificate expired 10 days ago.
I just clicked through in incognito on chrome to download the latest firmware for my controller adapter which you reminded me to do.

I'm not sure most will care about this but these are my Far Cry 5 thoughts after playing a few hours, and not playing 4/Primal before. I played some of Far Cry 6 before and remembered oh yeah I should maybe hit Far Cry 5 first. 6 I know some people don't like much, but it's very streamlined, clean and is relatively easy to play. It's derivative but not bad. Now Far Cry 5 feels like the Ubisoft formula pushed to an extremely generic place. The story in this one frankly kind of stinks. It sounds much cooler than it is presented. After the initial opening scene the story is pushed here and there and frankly it's not very good. Far Cry 5 feels like an open world checklist, with even the first part just being go around this island and do random tasks to fight the big bad. Than you move on to a bigger open area with regions each controlled by a smaller big bad who you have to go through to get to the biggest bad eventually. It's all a check the boxes type ofg ame. It doesn't play horribly although I think the movement and gun shooting feels relatively clunky. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either.

I feel the graphics have aged pretty nicely and look pretty good especially the environments. The character models for some characters look pretty bad, but overall the presentation is nice. The sounds are pretty good as well, so this game gets passing marks there.

As has been complained about there seems to be a very linear progression to getting to the bosses. You do tasks and get notoriety and then the boss stops what you're doing and confronts you. This kind of sucks and at least for the area I'm in the tasks in these missions suck badly and took a few tries to complete. I almost want to skip these main story scenes, as they're not super interesting.

I can see why this game was criticized as after you get through the main story part in the beginning it feels like generic open world with a pretty standard story all in all. It's never bad, but doesn't seem to go for big highs either. One major gripe for me is the major lack of main weapon space. You can carry one at first and then get a second after a few perk points. The third becomes available I believe after you beat a major boss of an area once. This isn't enough as you want a main weapon, a side weapon like a bow, and a utility weapon like a rocket launcher. I'm forced to switch out my main depending on how stealthy I want to be. The stealth in this game kind of blows too. I feel spotted a bit too easy at times, and not being noticed much other times. Really needs about 4 main weapon slots to feel like you have something for all the situations you're put into.

This game feels like open world gaming 101. It plays it pretty safe and feels a bit clunky overall, but it is decent to play. The gameplay keeps me going and I will at least finish one of these regions fully. I will decide if I want to do more, but I do think I was enjoying 6 more just for the ease of play even though the story feels hokey there as well. Probably a 6-6.5/10 game so far.

I think Far Cry 5 is awesome. I absolutely love the Montana setting. Bought the DLC too. It's my first Far Cry game and now I bought 6 gold edition and will go back and play the other ones.

I recently finished Far Cry: New Dawn. I liked that it's like a bite-sized Far Cry 5. The cult story in 5 didn't do anything for me, but the story in New Dawn is pretty straightforward: you're rebuilding America and feeding lead sandwiches to anyone who gets in your way. That's also why I like Division, but not Ghost Recon. The Far Cry games traditionally take place in locales no American would go to even if you paid them, so despite the solid gunplay, I could never get into them too much. At the end of the games, you're usually asked if you want to sacrifice or execute someone, and FC3's ending is a little disturbing since
you can slit your girlfriend's throat.
I tried to start FC4 for the first time this weekend, and these cross-generation games are rough to get into despite being one of the more recent entries in the series.

I liked FC5 a lot but I also only played like half of 3 so the Far Cry/Ubisoft open world formula wasn't beaten into the ground for me.  I didn't get far in the DLC though and haven't started New Dawn yet, so I don't know if I'll have the same enthusiasm.

Far Cry 4 is the best to me. It was in the sweet spot where they just had huge success and you can tell the passion was still there. 5 and 6 weren’t bad but you can definitely tell they hit the point where it was just another cash cow now. Like Mass Effect 2, The Witcher 3, etc.

bread's done
Back