Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Hated driving in far cry 5. It’s one of my backlog games that I go back and pick it up for an hour or so every few months.

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Chapter 1 is eligible for a free upgrade to the PSVR2 version for PS+ owners, too:

https://twitter.com/WalkingDeadVR/status/1617642194172776453

Last edited by a moderator:
Novel concept, but it would be great if Sony would actually let people know when changes like that happen. Especially when money put into the PS wallet is locked into their ecosystem. Why not encourage people to bank more credit there based on that fact alone?

And for what’s it’s worth, I thought the $375 figure a little weird too. If it had happened a few months back, I could have checked since I had stacked some credit from the DG deals. But I don’t have those amounts on hand now and won’t until another decent discount comes along. Hoping SpraykwoN hits that limit definitively before then so I know what I can safely bank in the future when the discount opportunity hits again.

Hated driving in far cry 5. It’s one of my backlog games that I go back and pick it up for an hour or so every few months.
Oh yeah driving blows. I just fly everywhere and do the main missions. Almost done with the second area. Probably just going to bum rush the game. The 2nd story area isn't too amazing (Faith for me). Starting to get a bit boring.

Novel concept, but it would be great if Sony would actually let people know when changes like that happen. Especially when money put into the PS wallet is locked into their ecosystem. Why not encourage people to bank more credit there based on that fact alone?

And for what’s it’s worth, I thought the $375 figure a little weird too. If it had happened a few months back, I could have checked since I had stacked some credit from the DG deals. But I don’t have those amounts on hand now and won’t until another decent discount comes along. Hoping SpraykwoN hits that limit definitively before then so I know what I can safely bank in the future when the discount opportunity hits again.
I most likely will this week once I grab my monthly cards from Gamestop

I would be paranoid as hell having that much credit on a Sony account. I do not even keep a credit card given their terrible customer service if your account ever does get compromised. After the big hack in the PS3 days I had trouble getting them to drop a "new" primary console and go back to my system. They wanted me to wait 6 months because it had just been switched.

I picture blowing through a pretty big chunk of my wallet once I get my psvr2. I haven’t really been able to play much VR for the last couple years due to some health stuff. As of just a couple weeks ago I’m finally getting some relief from it and can actually play again. I was already pumped for the new headset, but now that I’m feeling better too, it’s just that much more exciting. I always wait for deep discounts before buying games, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to have that kind of restraint over the next few months at least.

Sony cutting it real close with shipping for release date for the Dual Sense Edge, still on preparing to ship. I assume this is normal and I'm not really worried. Just think it's interesting as this is the first pre order I've had with Sony Direct. Excited to try it especially after all the reviews started showing positives sans the battery life.

I had ordered and received a scuff before, I got it DOA and sent it right back... lol.

It's normal, they overnight everything. Let us know your impression.
Will do! I loved the Back Button Attachment on the PS4 and that was even a little bulky. I was surprised that they didn't get this controller out during the Holiday window. I pre ordered it in October because I wasn't sure what the supply was going to be like.

I have a self modded Extreme Rate now, but the DSE having the option to replace the stick unit entirely and rumors of 3rd party Hall Sensor (magnet) analog stick support is awesome.

Whoever gets this Edge controller keep us updated. I'm waiting at least a year before I decide to buy one. My 2nd PS5 dualsense is already having drift. My 1st one had drift as well after almost less than a year.

I'm not at all pleased with the PS5 controllers. I never had issues with the PS4. I frankly don't trust this Edge controller.

Whoever gets this Edge controller keep us updated. I'm waiting at least a year before I decide to buy one. My 2nd PS5 dualsense is already having drift. My 1st one had drift as well after almost less than a year.

I'm not at all pleased with the PS5 controllers. I never had issues with the PS4. I frankly don't trust this Edge controller.
The right analog stick on my dualsense gets drift once in a while. I blow into it as I am moving it around and that fixes things.

Can confirm, $375 is indeed the wallet cap. Verified it today.

Seen that $200 edge controller has the same or worst battery life as the regular ps5. Was gonna buy it but passed just because of that. My elite 2 stays charged for weeks. I have to charge my ps5 controller every other time i play and I normally play for around an hour. Was just purchase in October.

I enjoyed FC New Dawn, then went and played FC5 and played 6.  I appreciated the story with 6 (on sale on fanatical $18..standard version), but felt a little too much hype around Esposito being part of it.

WIsh had waited on 6 though. Went on sale almost instantly

This is ridiculous. Sony should offer at least 3 years warranty on ps5 controllers. They're not cheap and most likely will have analog drift. I sold my original on ebay for $30 (put drift in the description) and got a black one and now that one just started acting up.

Might be part of the minority but ive never had any drift with my Dualsense controllers.  Guess I am lucky?

Seen that $200 edge controller has the same or worst battery life as the regular ps5. Was gonna buy it but passed just because of that. My elite 2 stays charged for weeks. I have to charge my ps5 controller every other time i play and I normally play for around an hour. Was just purchase in October.
If your PS5 controller's battery is only good for two hours, I would look into getting it replaced...

I enjoyed FC New Dawn, then went and played FC5 and played 6. I appreciated the story with 6 (on sale on fanatical $18..standard version), but felt a little too much hype around Esposito being part of it.

WIsh had waited on 6 though. Went on sale almost instantly
I liked 6 a lot. Only 1 I ever finished but I really disliked the DLC.

You and me both. I have never had drift on any of my controllers or joy cons period and I have had launch day hardware for the last 2 gens.
Same. Battery life isn't good, but I have two of them and I just rotate them on my charger, so it doesn't really impact me. Never had an issue with drift on anything (even my launch Switch.)

My White Dualsense that I got with my PS5 started only holding charges for about two hours before needing to be plugged in, and that was with all vibrations/haptics/speaker turned off.  I think it had a faulty battery.  My Purple and Pink Dualsenses have never given me any problems with batteries or anything else, and that is even with everything turned on.

This actually just started happening recently. I noticed my white controller would die so much quicker compared to my black one. Must’ve been the launch controller or my charging dock but I’d guess it’s the launch controller. Also only had a minor drift on a white controller only

I own a launch PS5 with original Dualsense and haven't had stick drift issues but I did experience the right trigger spring breaking mainly due to playing FIFA. FIFA makes it harder to sprint with your player late in a game to simulate low stamina so that stresses the R2 spring a lot pressing against resistance. I was able to replace the spring using an iFIXit toolkit and cheap replacement springs. It wasn't simple but I had never really opened a controller before so maybe others would find it easier to do. The iFIXit toolkit is awesome though and was worth the investment.

Is it the right trigger or the left trigger spring that's the pain in the butt to change? Whichever one is more obstructed is the one I had to change out, lol. Of course all the videos I found only showed people changing out the easy one!

The controller is super easy to open and put back together again, though, and that's coming from someone who rarely does stuff like that.

You guys with batteries lasting two hours should just buy a new battery and swap it out. It won't take you more than 10-15 minutes as long as you have a decent pry tool and a phillips head, and that's if you're really bad at this stuff. Get a kit from Amazon for like $10 if you don't have a pry tool or something similar.

I own a launch PS5 with original Dualsense and haven't had stick drift issues but I did experience the right trigger spring breaking mainly due to playing FIFA. FIFA makes it harder to sprint with your player late in a game to simulate low stamina so that stresses the R2 spring a lot pressing against resistance. I was able to replace the spring using an iFIXit toolkit and cheap replacement springs. It wasn't simple but I had never really opened a controller before so maybe others would find it easier to do. The iFIXit toolkit is awesome though and was worth the investment.
I turned off vibration and trigger effects for Fifa for that exact reason. My back buttons on my modded extreme rate are bound to L2/R2 for Fifa- this makes jockey and sprint easier, as well as much easier skill cancels.

I didn't do the mod for it with extreme rate, but you can also do hair triggers to make sprinting easier. The Dual Sense Edge will have adjustable triggers that will make sprint/jockey much easier.

My planned remap for Fifa for the DS Edge will be L1/R1 to L2/R2, L2/R2 to the Back Paddles. Will make everything much easier to reach and hold I think.

Might be part of the minority but ive never had any drift with my Dualsense controllers. Guess I am lucky?
No drift on my launch DS either. My right trigger sometimes feels off but I don't think it's the spring. I'm assuming it's whatever actuator they use. (It occasionally has like no resistance.)

Went through like 4 left Joycons already though.

No drift on my launch DS either. My right trigger sometimes feels off but I don't think it's the spring. I'm assuming it's whatever actuator they use. (It occasionally has like no resistance.)

Went through like 4 left Joycons already though.
My controller it felt like the vibration wasnt so intense like it should be after hearing how it suppose to feel. My left stick always been so sensitive to the left and year later I have stick drift. I blew into into which helped with the drift but it'll comeback to an extent. Stick drift was horrible, it made me drift off a cliff in nioh 2. Blowing air into suck but it beats paying $70 for another controller.

The touchpad on my original white dualsense that came with my ps5 just stopped working one day. No idea why. Opened it up and tried to get it working again but nothing worked.

Decided to pick up a black controller when they released and had zero issues with it until one day the right analog stick started having some drift. Pushed it in really hard and never had issues with it since then.

Decided to get the new controller despite the worse battery because that doesn’t bother me. I like the replaceable analog sticks and the other QoL improvements.

Same. Battery life isn't good, but I have two of them and I just rotate them on my charger, so it doesn't really impact me. Never had an issue with drift on anything (even my launch Switch.)
I have multiple Dual Sense controllers now. I rotate between them too. I need to invest in a charging station soon.

This actually just started happening recently. I noticed my white controller would die so much quicker compared to my black one. Must’ve been the launch controller or my charging dock but I’d guess it’s the launch controller. Also only had a minor drift on a white controller only
My original white DS controller is relegated to my PC as a back up controller for when I play steam games lol.

Decided to get the new controller despite the worse battery because that doesn’t bother me. I like the replaceable analog sticks and the other QoL improvements.
I like that the sticks are replaceable in the new premium controller. I hope MS takes note of this and makes a similar update with the Elite controller. I like that Sony and MS look at what each other are doing and compete with each other. Nintendo is too stubborn or arrogant (don't know which) to bother paying attention to the competition until they are forced to do something and then it is lackluster at best.

He work on the game or something? Why is he promoting it? Watched the trailer and still don't know what the heck it's about. I was slightly interested be a use I like rhythm games. Looks more like that isometric Lara Croft game or Hitman Go.

This is ridiculous. Sony should offer at least 3 years warranty on ps5 controllers. They're not cheap and most likely will have analog drift. I sold my original on ebay for $30 (put drift in the description) and got a black one and now that one just started acting up.
Trade into Gamestop, they rarely catch it.

As far as the joycon drifts, I have had a few and I took them apart cleaned them up and got 4 out of the 6 to function properly.

He work on the game or something? Why is he promoting it? Watched the trailer and still don't know what the heck it's about. I was slightly interested be a use I like rhythm games. Looks more like that isometric Lara Croft game or Hitman Go.
He regularly posts and let's people know when new demos are up.

Streaming Hitman's new Freelancer mode if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. The Freelancer mode does a very good job of shaking things up with all of the maps in the trilogy, minus the three intro maps. You start in your bunker lair with some big walls full of spots for weapons that you will hopefully fill up with weapons you acquire in missions, but all you have to start is a basic pistol and a stethoscope in another room as garrot wire. Maps will have chests to give you options of new items to collect or use, plus any weapon that you can find in the maps themselves. As you level up, more parts of your hideout open up to offer new things you can do between missions or allow some customization.

You're picking mini-campaigns against various syndicates that get progressively longer as you do well, starting with three maps up to six maps for the final leg of the run that require you to pick maps you can handle. If you die in a mission, you lose the items you had on you, but you can continue on unless it's an alerted map that has higher stakes and will end a run if you're not careful. The final map against a syndicate is pretty cool since you have a few potential targets that you have to use the clues you're given to figure out who the leader is that you have to kill. It's sort of like an elusive target.

I turned off vibration and trigger effects for Fifa for that exact reason. My back buttons on my modded extreme rate are bound to L2/R2 for Fifa- this makes jockey and sprint easier, as well as much easier skill cancels.

I didn't do the mod for it with extreme rate, but you can also do hair triggers to make sprinting easier. The Dual Sense Edge will have adjustable triggers that will make sprint/jockey much easier.

My planned remap for Fifa for the DS Edge will be L1/R1 to L2/R2, L2/R2 to the Back Paddles. Will make everything much easier to reach and hold I think.
I worried about it happening but thought I would be missing out on the next gen cool feaures if I nerfed the controller. I think it lasted a good 2 years at least...which was long enough for the dualsense controller to get a discounted sale. The more recent dualsense models have better battery life so I would have needed the upgrade eventually. I am way too cheap to splurge on a Dualsense Edge but it seems nice.

Is it the right trigger or the left trigger spring that's the pain in the butt to change? Whichever one is more obstructed is the one I had to change out, lol. Of course all the videos I found only showed people changing out the easy one!

The controller is super easy to open and put back together again, though, and that's coming from someone who rarely does stuff like that.

You guys with batteries lasting two hours should just buy a new battery and swap it out. It won't take you more than 10-15 minutes as long as you have a decent pry tool and a phillips head, and that's if you're really bad at this stuff. Get a kit from Amazon for like $10 if you don't have a pry tool or something similar.
The left one is more difficult from what I remember.

bread's done
Back