Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Never heard of it until today either. A monster hunter knockoff from EA apparently. I can’t imagine anyone was asking for something like that.

Pretty much everyone who plays MH had been begging for competition in the space to keep Capcom from getting complacent.
Really? Because this genre is pretty niche and already has plenty of competition: Dauntless, which is F2P, God Eater, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, Freedom Wars, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, and I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Heck, Wild Hearts even looks like a new installment of Toukiden and both are developed by Omega Force. They might have just changed the name since it's unwieldy and the series never really gained traction since it started on Vita.

Really? Because this genre is pretty niche and already has plenty of competition: Dauntless, which is F2P, God Eater, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, Freedom Wars, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, and I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Heck, Wild Hearts even looks like a new installment of Toukiden and both are developed by Omega Force. They might have just changed the name since it's unwieldy and the series never really gained traction since it started on Vita.
Dauntless is the only one of those I've even heard of and I've put a fair amount of time in but I don't like how they keep changing it. I want this to be good, my 5 minutes on PC looked soft but felt good.

You just mentioned a bunch of games that either nobody plays or that don't have a relevant entry in a generation(or two). Dauntless is a f2p as you mentioned and I don't think most people wpuld consider it a real competitor but sure, if it makes you feel better it can be?

Soul Sacrifice was 2013, Ragnarok similar time frame. Monster Hunter World sold more copies than every game you mentioned combined, Rise did too. What point are you trying to make, nothing you mentioned is competition. Maybe a decade ago but uh...yeah.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1625299534564786177?t=WkgYvRC4aKKNL-8YWCsKjQ&s=19
So this one comes with a built in heatsink correct? I just need to follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzgRJnW-CpA

I currently have a 2TB external hooked up but wouldn't mind just having everything internal. The video I linked made it look pretty simple to install. Is this the best deal for an internal 2TB SSD with a heatsink so far?

*EDIT* I found this review on amazon:

By default this will not fit into the PS5 as the included heatsink is too tall, and the product description says that the heatsink cannot be removed. That is only partially true. The top part of the heatsink can easily be unscrewed and slid off without a problem, which is the part that makes it not fit into the PS5.

The bottom part is the part that cannot be removed. Once removing the top part I was easily able to install a better quality low profile heatsink to replace it and then it fit inside the PS5 perfectly.

So for those wondering, this can indeed be used in the PS5, just not out of the box. It requires an additional purchase of a slim heatsink to replace the tall beast that comes on this by default. I went with the icepc graphine coated copper heatsink that is 1.5mm tall.

Another review just said to leave the cover off and it fits. I have no experience with installing internal SSD so I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Fighter is popular too, but that doesn't mean fighting games aren't niche either.
Well there is smash, mortal kombat sp?, and then tekken and soul calibur to lesser degrees. Oh and the dbz fighting game tenkaichi sp? back on ps2. My school had a tournament for that one and I happened to win despite button mashing.

Seems like a date for the Midgar Pack will be announced tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1625526634030702594

do you gotta pay for every monster and consumable

havent played an ea game in decade+
I appreciate you trying to be a smartass here because well honestly EA deserves it but as far as ive seen, no microtransactions. Also, they just published, didnt develop. personally im cutting them some slack, dead space remake is fantastic and has minimal microtransactions, so far just some extra suits that are cosmetic only and came with deluxe edition.

Question…

What do you guys recommend as far as 4-player split screen on the PS5 for pre-teens.

My son had some friends over and I told him they could go play the PS5 and he said “We don’t have any good split screen games”

I have 4 controllers for it but just needing recommendations for games that 4 people can play on one PS5 and TV. Age range from like 8 years old to 14 years old.

Question…

What do you guys recommend as far as 4-player split screen on the PS5 for pre-teens.

My son had some friends over and I told him they could go play the PS5 and he said “We don’t have any good split screen games”

I have 4 controllers for it but just needing recommendations for games that 4 people can play on one PS5 and TV. Age range from like 8 years old to 14 years old.
do they play minecraft? overcooked might have them kill each other

I'm streaming some Wild Hearts if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Not being a huge fan of Monster Hunter, this seems like a nice surprise for a clone. The big difference I noticed is that the camp you do your stuff in is a part of the open world, so you don't have to go through loading screens to go out and do stuff or have to go through the hassle of canceling mission if you make a mistake. It's pretty cool to have it all be an open world without much of a cutoff between areas, though I'm sure there are some cutoff points. The crafting and equipment stuff seems to work similarly as in Monster Hunter. The big fights against the big kemono are very much like those in Monster Hunter, though there was less of them running away for extended periods of time and the transitions between phases are a bit easier to notice. It seems like a very good MH clone with some good QOL improvements over the clunky stuff that MH is known for.

Question…
Check this thread out—it’s definitely got some good choices: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/upeodq/local_4_players_games/. Didn’t see it mentioned in the thread, but some of the Jackbox games may be fun for them too (especially if they are closer to 14).

Trailer for RE Village's VR mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6C95i1D1GE

On sale for $20 for the next day or so. Demo is coming for PSVR2 launch day.

Question…
Have one more recommendation for you (that wasn’t in the Reddit thread), and it’s on sale right now. Game’s called Screencheat, and it’s $4.49 until 2/23. Here’s a vid that explains how the game works, if you’re interested: https://youtu.be/0qy3ozymIFU.

Quick heads up on the Dollar General deal this week. I believe all denominations of PSN gift cards qualify for the 15% off discount. If nothing else, I can confirm the discount applies to both $25 and $50 varieties. Figured it was worth a mention, for those interested in getting more than less. Even better if you can find a DG with a self-checkout—avoided a line earlier today and was in and out in no time.
Can confirm 15% off worked on a $10 PSN card as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm probably too excited to see Wild Arms 2 and The Legend of Dragoon getting added. If either/both get trophies as will likely be the case, I won't be playing Wo Long at launch after all.

F yes Horizon Forbidden West! I was waiting for this game to lower in price but I'm very glad it's now on premium. Definitely bumping it up to the top of my back log. If you haven't played Resident Evil 7 yet, you're in for a treat but it's even better if you can play it in VR.
Looking at the list I see they are also adding The Forgotten City! That game is awesome. Well done Sony.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/15/playstation-plus-game-catalog-lineup-for-february-horizon-forbidden-west-the-quarry-resident-evil-7-biohazard-and-more/?sf264277826=1

Thinking about getting Chaosbane for $6 and Midnight Suns deluxe for $60
I'm trying to talk myself out of the Midnight Suns legendary edition. I want the game and with the season pass being $50, this would be the edition I would want. I'm trying to hold out because it has dropped quickly, but my resistance is fading.

Has everyone who preordered PSVR2 received emails recently? I preordered on 12/11 and keep checking to see that my order still shows up but haven’t received an email yet…..

Do the games that are going away on Playstation Extra, also go away on Premium?  

If so, why does it tell me - "upgrade your plan?"  

If I buy a 12 month PS+ card, what plan am I purchasing?

Very bad idea because FW assumes you played ZD. As an aside, I thought ZD was the better game.
I’ve seen quite a few people say ZD was better. I still haven’t finished ZD (having a difficult time getting into it) which is why I never bought FW, but this gives me a nudge to try again.

Can I skip Zero Dawn and go straight to Forbidden West? Just too many games to play.
Absolutely, that’s what I did. Zero Dawn just never clicked with me for some reason but I fell in love with Forbidden West. Plus, they have a video recap of everything that happened in ZD. And FW looks gorgeous on my C1 and PS5.

There is very little reason to purchase games anymore. All it does is bite me in the ass later.
I haven't bought Ragnarok yet. I really think Sony will slowly adapt the Game Pass motto of First party games day one or at least within 6-12 months of release more and more. Now of course, it hasn't happened to all of them like Rift Apart for example, but I am hoping that FW is the first of many that come to the service. It will be even more telling if Ragarok gets added around November of this year

For shorter games like Rift Apart, I just used a free GameFly trial or waited for a $8/mo promo email. I’ve done that with Rift Apart, Crisis Core Reunion, and GoW Ragnarok (not the shortest game lol).

I haven't bought Ragnarok yet. I really think Sony will slowly adapt the Game Pass motto of First party games day one or at least within 6-12 months of release more and more. Now of course, it hasn't happened to all of them like Rift Apart for example, but I am hoping that FW is the first of many that come to the service. It will be even more telling if Ragarok gets added around November of this year
Rift Apart is getting heavy sale rotation, unlike Ragnarok yet, so I see it coming by summer at least.

For shorter games like Rift Apart, I just used a free GameFly trial or waited for a $8/mo promo email. I’ve done that with Rift Apart, Crisis Core Reunion, and GoW Ragnarok (not the shortest game lol).
I might need to get into the Gamefly thing with promos like that. There are already so many games for me to play though between PS Premium, Game Pass and NSO online. Not to mention the physical games I own in my backlog. Nice to know it's an option.

Forbidden West gameplay is better than Zero Dawn, but Zero Dawn story was better than Forbidden West. The mystery story element in Zero Dawn was great and they were not able to capture that same feeling in the sequel. 

bread's done
Back