Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Forbidden West gameplay is better than Zero Dawn, but Zero Dawn story was better than Forbidden West. The mystery story element in Zero Dawn was great and they were not able to capture that same feeling in the sequel.
I agree about the story aspect, but I felt like every hit Aloy took in Forbidden West would put her into near-death territory while playing on Normal difficulty, while I don't remember anything like that happening in Zero Dawn.

Never cared much about Horizon’s story but the first one is better. 2nd is better gameplay and graphics wise. U still should play both and have a moment of Sylens

Streaming some Tangle Tower since that's on sale for $5 right now. It's the newest game from the developers of Snipperclips for the Switch's launch.

Edit: Here's the archive. This game is a pretty cool murder mystery adventure game. The writing seems good so far and the voice acting is well done. They have some neat control options, though I stuck to the basic set-up for the video. Maybe not the greatest game to play after a long day of work, but well worth playing when you're in the mood for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to talk myself out of the Midnight Suns legendary edition. I want the game and with the season pass being $50, this would be the edition I would want. I'm trying to hold out because it has dropped quickly, but my resistance is fading.
I bought at that price on Xbox last month'ish, and while I figure it, like Civ before it, will drop lower eventually, it doesn't have the sort of brand history that leads me to believe that there will be the sort of long tail of DLC support behind it that Civ has enjoyed if people wait for that point to start buying it.

So I kinda justified it as "buy the season pass, get the game for $10" with the hopes that if early sales are high enough, maybe there will be additional character DLC releases down the line. Civ had a 30 year history behind it that suggested expansions and such were always coming. Midnight Suns, as a new IP, even a licensed one, doesn't have that. I've been enjoying the hell out of the game, so even if my gamble doesn't pay off, it's one I'm content having taken.

I agree about the story aspect, but I felt like every hit Aloy took in Forbidden West would put her into near-death territory while playing on Normal difficulty, while I don't remember anything like that happening in Zero Dawn.
I remember being very squishy until you get her ultimate armor in H:ZD.

I liked a lot of things about H:FW, except for the
Far Zenith
stuff.

If they had just taken out everything to do with Far Zenith, it it would have been a better game. Varl, Kotallo, Alva, the autistic sisters, Zo, the dude with the hot air balloon... all cool. Tilda, Erik,
fucking Ted
should all have been left out.

So when are those new game catalog games gonna be available? Just waiting on scarlet nexus. I got premium
The 21st.

And Scarlet Nexus is the only PS5 game I've played that felt like it was actively trying to break my controller. There were constant random pops and clicks, and it really wasn't a great experience. Maybe see if you can turn off (or at least lower) your dualsense settings if they never patched that (I did play close to launch, so maybe that was fixed).

The 21st.

And Scarlet Nexus is the only PS5 game I've played that felt like it was actively trying to break my controller. There were constant random pops and clicks, and it really wasn't a great experience. Maybe see if you can turn off (or at least lower) your dualsense settings if they never patched that (I did play close to launch, so maybe that was fixed).
Lmfao I hate that. I’ve set my settings to low so I don’t get annoyed by any game that does that. Plus saves me battery. Just hope the game is good and not too long.

Pinball FX is out now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10005308

Bunch of DLC tables available at launch with one included for free. No crossbuy for owning the tables in Pinball FX3. They seem to want you to sign up for the Pinball Pass to get access to most of the tables, which is $15 for 30 days and $100 for a year. There are free trials for every pack like with the previous games. Also, there are only 10 trophies and no platinum.

Pinball FX is out now:

Bunch of DLC tables available at launch with one included for free. No crossbuy for owning the tables in Pinball FX3. They seem to want you to sign up for the Pinball Pass to get access to most of the tables, which is $15 for 30 days and $100 for a year. There are free trials for every pack like with the previous games. Also, there are only 10 trophies and no platinum.
I am def not the right market for this as there is no way I would ever pay a monthly or yearly fee to play pinball fx tables. I didn't mind buying tables in fx2/fx3 though.

Pinball FX is out now:

As a huge fan of their previous releases I have no interest in subscribing to their pinball pass and I'm not going to buy all these tables again using their currency. I wish them well because I really enjoy their game but they lost a customer with this business model.

I already have 99 or 100 tables in FX3 plus all the tables I bought in Pinball Arcade from Farsight.

I'm fine playing what I already own when I want to play some digital pinball.

I’m just hoping they allow you to buy the game and not restrict it to the premium subscription.
I doubt you have to worry about that--despite having PS+ Premium, Wild Arms was free for me to buy because I bought it as a PSN Classic years ago, so I expect its sequel and Legend of Dragoon to similarly have purchase options.

It’s sad when I have almost all of the games on Premium next month. I wish they would throw in even a few new indie games. Know it’s not the way Sony wants to do the subscription stuff but it helps hard core gamers be engaged.

I get out and do active stuff with my kids when I can.  I commute daily Mon-Thurs, a total of 4 hours to and from work so by the time I get home I am beat.  Add that on top of a 8+ hour work day lol

That is too much commute.
Lost my job due to Covid when my company unfortunately had to fold from the financial impact. Was offered a job, with a much longer commute, but also with a $8K per year pay increase at the time. Since then I have had my salary increased by $15K per year, so I am very lucky. Working on getting my commute cut down but for now I am doing it.

Streaming some Theatrhythm Final Bar Line if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. This seems like a very good console adaptation of the Theatrhythm-style of rhythm game so that you can do the touch-focused mechanics with a controller easily while allowing for some good flexibility in what buttons you can hit for the basic notes and offering options to fine tune display things to minimize distracting elements for you or add challenge if that's what you want. They've got an absurd amount of songs from mainline Final Fantasy games, spin-off games, and even many of the spin-off series and mobile games you might not have cared about enough to know that they exist.

The multiplayer is pretty cool, especially since you can get summonstones from other players' profile cards that can have random stat bonuses you may not have gotten in your own playtime. I do love the live feed UI that lets me get more information that the basic UI doesn't show, which is why I have it on in the video above.

The only negative I have is that it can be a bit confusing trying to figure out some of the ways the game works since it loves to throw terms at you that you may not understand that may or may not be explained in random pop-up tutorials or shown in the well-hidden gameplay guides in the settings.

They will have three season passes' worth of DLC for even more songs from various Square Enix properties that sounds cool, but probably not enough to get the more expensive editions when I can wait for sales to get them at less than what it costs to pre-order them around launch.

-edit-
Nevermind… think I got the dlc bit figured out.

New question though… anyone able to purchase Dinosaur Island VR?

Getting my local stores to answer the phone is a nightmare, had been calling them for three days about metroid. Went down there last night, no pre-orders and no idea when they'll be receiving the game.

Question…
What do you guys recommend as far as 4-player split screen on the PS5 for pre-teens.
My son had some friends over and I told him they could go play the PS5 and he said “We don’t have any good split screen games”
I have 4 controllers for it but just needing recommendations for games that 4 people can play on one PS5 and TV. Age range from like 8 years old to 14 years old.
Not sure if you saw, but Gang Beasts is included in this latest sale for $7.99 (normally $19.99). Great pick for some 4 player couch co-op. Might also want to look at Chambara and Black and White Bushido if/when they go on sale. They could be some solid pickups if you can get them in the $3-5 range.

There will be some free avatars to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Horizon: FW available tomorrow.

52692490092_faf2b34bba_h.jpg

Here's a link to the full article for the anniversary celebration.

Pinball FX is out now:

If I can count correctly (not guaranteed and done on Windows not Playstation), here are the table stats:

• 86 total tables at launch
  • 21 are new tables
  • 65 are tables ported over from Pinball FX3
  • 35 tables NOT ported over from Pinball FX3

Didn't bother checking Pinball FX2 or Pinball FX1 for anything ported over (which skipped Pinball FX3). Highly doubt it would have happened.

If I can count correctly (not guaranteed and done on Windows not Playstation), here are the table stats:

• 86 total tables at launch
  • 21 are new tables
  • 65 are tables ported over from Pinball FX3
  • 35 tables NOT ported over from Pinball FX3

Didn't bother checking Pinball FX2 or Pinball FX1 for anything ported over (which skipped Pinball FX3). Highly doubt it would have happened.
After doing some research it's nice to see that you can just buy these. I thought they were forcing you to use their currency to buy them. Looks like they took some of the feedback from the early access release and changed up how to purchase the tables. Currency looks to be for the pinball pass.

"Buying tables and table packs will happen through the storefront, for fiat money, similar to Pinball FX3. After receiving feedback from players, we felt this was the right decision and will revert back to the previous way of selling the core Pinball FX experience. This means, that tables purchased from the storefront will not be playable cross-platform. "

Pinball FX FAQs

Cross platform play will require the pinball pass and is not currently available at launch.

It looks like it would cost $117 without tax to purchase the 21 new tables.

Looks like most individual tables cost now either $5, $5.50 or $10 each. All newer 3 table packs are now $15

Maybe I would consider some of these on sale. I know a few of these are from the Apple Arcade release Zen Pinball Party and I really didn't like many of them. Dreamworks pack, Garfield, My Little Pony and Snoopy.

I also heard there is some serious input lag with the release and people are not happy about it. I maybe will get a few of the new tables to try if or whenever they decide to put them on sale in the future but I'm not buying tables I previously bought again. They do mention in the FAQs about a possible legacy discount for table owners in the future.

flybrione said:
It looks like it would cost $117 without tax to purchase the 21 new tables.
Looks like most individual tables cost now either $5, $5.50 or $10 each. All newer 3 table packs are now $15

Maybe I would consider some of these on sale. I know a few of these are from the Apple Arcade release Zen Pinball Party and I really didn't like many of them. Dreamworks pack, Garfield, My Little Pony and Snoopy.

I also heard there is some serious input lag with the release and people are not happy about it. I maybe will get a few of the new tables to try if or whenever they decide to put them on sale in the future but I'm not buying tables I previously bought again. They do mention in the FAQs about a possible legacy discount for table owners in the future.
The quote I saw floating around on Twitter had the prospective discount for legacy content being 33% off. Which, if true, still seems a little high for my CAG tastes. Especially when the tables now cost more from the get go.

Part of the value in previous iterations was the cross-purchase functionality. Having tables I could take with me on the Vita, or having tables follow me from the PS3 to PS4 kept me buying the new tables over the years. Now, I understand that this newest version uses Unreal Engine, so there was work done beyond past ports/upgrades, and the devs are looking for ways to generate new income. But I can’t help thinking that some of these recent choices are going to burn bridges with players who historically have spent the most money on their products in the past.

Add to this feeling the reported issues with input lag as well as how dark the new tables are compared to the older version, and I’m happy playing Zen Pinball 2/Pinball FX3 right now when I get a craving for pinball.

You're right. One bridge burned here. I had every table on xbox for 1, 2, and 3 and still bought my favorites on playstation and switch, as well. You're gonna spend around $300 to get all the tables at launch. Maybe enough people won't be totally pissed off and they will still get their money from them, but barring one hell of a sale, I won't be one of those people.

Streaming some PSVR games with PSVR2's release in less than a week.

Edit: Here's the archive. Played Job Simulator, Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, Minecraft for a hot second, Creed: Rise to Glory, and Mini Motor Racing X.

Decided to jump on the 2tb WD sn850x w/heatsink from Amazon for $180. Let Microsoft pay for most of it. Redeemed 189K bing points for 18 $10 gift cards. Had a promo for using Amazon locker delivery for the first time to take another $10 off, so $170 plus tax. After my $180 of gift cards I only had to pay $3.xx out of pocket.

When I had to pay for it with my own money I wasn’t sure if I was ready to make the commitment. But once I realized I could let MS pay for basically all of it, the decision became much easier

Ps5 says the drive is reading at 6530 MB/s

Here are the codes for the Horizon Forbidden West avatars gravel mentioned

• Americas — G7XK-TNNR-NPLL
  • Europe/Middle-east/Africa — B2B9-X5NK-494R
  • Japan — H7LG-45N4-BNKE
  • Asia — 2QHR-8QN2-BQ2C
  • Korea — E5AQ-H8N6-EFQQ

bread's done
Back