Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I knew the game was set in the Three Kingdoms and really enjoyed Nioh. So I guess I was expecting something similar to Nioh gameplay style.
It feels similar to me but a bit better. I like the jumping and the parry then you have the moves and magic all of I comes out faster. They have the same weapons but because its China and not Japan samurai styles its Chinese style moves I think there saying martial arts styles

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have said Wuxia or ROTK style, it stills feels very generic to me. I'm much harder to please though. At least it's not a Dynasty Warriors alike like those are most of the time.

Was hoping it would be similar to sekiro, my fav fromsoft game. It did take some from it but could definitely be better. I feel it’s faster and doesn’t have as much impact. I’ve never played Nioh but I heard it’s closer to that tho. Didn’t like it at first but then got to the first boss and beat him then started to like it. Other bosses after that were easy

I knew the game was set in the Three Kingdoms and really enjoyed Nioh. So I guess I was expecting something similar to Nioh gameplay style.
Similar to how NiOh turned out to be Soulslike with a dash of Diablo loot mechanics, Wo Long seems to be more Sekiro-like with a dash of Diablo loot mechanics in terms of how difficult fights boil down to "staggering" enemies and getting the critical hit.

Played a bit of Wo Long this morning and I am really liking it so far.  Was worried after seeing all the previous comments I would hate it lol.

Wo Long will probably be a love it or hate it game. I like it so far but I suck at it. Still haven’t beat the first boss.

I like Nioh.  Still playing through it but I seem to like Wo Long better.  Nioh felt super dependent on gear and grinding, but then again I am not super far in it.

Cool I'll have to try that game again. I played it ages ago, but I don't remember much about it. I do remember the battle system got a bit repetitive with the dragoon combos, but it was alright. I still have the original game somewhere in a box with my other PS1 games (like about 8 of them).

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1630210124592697344

If the improvements we have already described were not enough to justify this new edition, we thought this Spacer’s Choice Edition would make even more sense if it included the base game’s DLCs: Peril on Gorgon and Murder on Eridanos. So we did just that. Now the experience is even richer! On a side note: we know that several spacers out there enjoyed the fact that this was an approachable experience, not too short but not too long either. Rest assured, both DLCs do not extend the main story line. They exist on the side, offering a fresh narrative arc to enjoy if and when you feel like it once you’ve reached the appropriate level. Oh, and we increased the level cap to 99, to give players even more ways to build their character from the seven branches of the skill tree.

If you already own The Outer Worlds base game and its associated DLC, Peril on Gorgon and Murder on Eridanos, for PlayStation 4, you will be able to upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition on PlayStation 5 for a reduced price.*
$9.99 upgrade price if you have the PS4 version and its two DLC expansions.

Final Fantasy XVI will have a 2-hour demo two weeks before the game's release. Though it's not clear if your progress will transfer into the full game - the demo for the newest Star Ocean didn't let you do that despite also starting from the beginning of the game.

Final Fantasy XVI will have a 2-hour demo two weeks before the game's release. Though it's not clear if your progress will transfer into the full game - the demo for the newest Star Ocean didn't let you do that despite also starting from the beginning of the game.
I heard otherwise and that it will transfer over.

Anyone have experience with the Minecraft Dungeons dlc? Is it worth grabbing to go with the upcoming plus game? The ultimate edition was on my wishlist to play through with my son if that provides any insight.

I'm streaming some PowerWash Simulator if you want to see the new jobs in the Midgar Special Pack.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's not as long of a mini-campaign as the Tomb Raider pack, but it's better suited for the fanservice it's providing since it's set in the early hours of the game and makes use of that very well.

Beat Spider-Man remaster and miles recently, gonna aim to finish final fantasy 7 remake and god of war….will also probably buy chrono cross

I'm streaming some PowerWash Simulator if you want to see the new jobs in the Midgar Special Pack.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's not as long of a mini-campaign as the Tomb Raider pack, but it's better suited for the fanservice it's providing since it's set in the early hours of the game and makes use of that very well.
I just finished the main campaign the other day so this DLC came at a perfect time. Fantastic game.

So I was looking at buying God of War Ragnarok, but I saw that there was a free trial on PS Plus Premium but I have Essential. When I went to click upgrade it was going to have me pay only $60 to convert my essential to premium until 12/24. I thought thats a pretty good deal.  Also would get to play FHW.

Got tempted to get 20% off dualsense edge at target. Got it for $160 hope it’s worth it. Idk if it’ll be at that price by Black Friday

Crazy the rep didn’t even apply that coupon to my purchase but manually applied the 20% so was able to get the ps backbone for 20% off too. Good feedback incoming

Pretty sure this shouldn’t be free. Description even says it is an “early purchase bonus” for buying the game before March 16, 2023 and that it might be made available for purchase later. Download while you can and buy the game for cheap later
It has the exact same description on Xbox and is also free, so I think it's like some DLC that games make free for a week or two at launch that gets a price after that.

bread's done
Back