Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Two Beta impressions:

Exoprimal: No idea wtf I was doing when I was doing it other than tanking a bunch of dinosaurs. Then I was in PvP. Need to play more of it, but its very different to say the least.

Diablo 4: Two words, Game fucks. Gonna def be a GoTY candidate I feel. It feels like Diablo 2, mixed with parts of 3, with a much more expanded character personalization loop. I cannot wait for the full release, and I plan on spending a lot f time in the Beta. Really really good.
Diablo IV is surprising in that, it feels more modern cinema than game experience at times. It's strange that I could easily see this being a movie or premium TV show from the cinematics and acting this go around. Not at all what I was expecting and the absolutely GRIM DARK tonal shift this time is delightfully welcome.

I think this series finally found it's mark of excellence in presentation, matching the quality of gameplay. I will say the formula of kill, loot, grind is a tad stagnate but only for the fact that the market is saturated with clones now. I hope endgame is strong because that's when Blizzard games really begin.

Heads up for those that primarily purchase digital games. Dollar General has a deal on PSN credit this week. 15% off. The $25 denomination is shown in the ad, but if the sale’s the same as the last time they did this, it should apply to all PSN cards. Sale ends on 4/1. Pic attached for reference.

Could be good timing with the Spring Sale dropping next week!

[attachment=37831:770E9A5A-4883-4800-914D-06CDA549AC2A.jpeg]

Two Beta impressions:

Exoprimal: No idea wtf I was doing when I was doing it other than tanking a bunch of dinosaurs. Then I was in PvP. Need to play more of it, but its very different to say the least.

Diablo 4: Two words, Game fucks. Gonna def be a GoTY candidate I feel. It feels like Diablo 2, mixed with parts of 3, with a much more expanded character personalization loop. I cannot wait for the full release, and I plan on spending a lot f time in the Beta. Really really good.
What class were you playing? I picked the Druid, but been reading that the Druid and Barbarian are pretty weak compared to the other classes. So far it feels like a grind just playing to get to level 20.

What class were you playing? I picked the Druid, but been reading that the Druid and Barbarian are pretty weak compared to the other classes. So far it feels like a grind just playing to get to level 20.
I got a sorceress to level 20, it went pretty quick in the harder difficulty. I had it on the easier one at first and it felt really slow on Xp, but once I changed that it went quick to get to 20.

Heads up for those that primarily purchase digital games. Dollar General has a deal on PSN credit this week. 15% off. The $25 denomination is shown in the ad, but if the sale’s the same as the last time they did this, it should apply to all PSN cards. Sale ends on 4/1. Pic attached for reference.
I bought 3 $75 cards today. None of the cards would activate after paying for the cards, and the employee couldn’t refund the purchase. I’ll have to dispute the charge on my credit card after it posts. First and last time I step into that store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 3 $75 cards today. None of the cards would activate after paying for the cards, and the employee couldn’t refund the purchase. I’ll have to dispute the charge on my credit card after it posts. First and last time I step into that store.
When I bought some on sale on black Friday, the employee had to ring each one up separately and made a point to tell me it could take a few hours before they were activated. Not sure how long it's been, but you may want to try again.

When I bought some on sale on black Friday, the employee had to ring each one up separately and made a point to tell me it could take a few hours before they were activated. Not sure how long it's been, but you may want to try again.
The employee told me at the register that the cards could not be activated (and the receipt says that the cards were not activated and to refund them) but the POS wouldn't allow the cards to be refunded. They did give me a district manager's number and he's going to contact me tomorrow to try to sort it out.

Does anyone here use Sony Rewards? I maxed out my 15 Totino's pizza rolls purchases for the promo going on until the end of the month so I now have over 8000 points in my account. I plan on using them on PSN credit but there are plenty of other things to buy. Do the PSN cards ever go on sale? I see they have some gift cards on sale right now but was curious about the PSN cards specifically. If you don't know, they currently are 1000 points for $10 in PSN credit. I plan on using the credit to buy more PS Premium around the holidays like last year when it was $30 off. Here is the link if you are interested Totino’s & Sony Rewards Promotion Official Rules

That sucks, and sorry you’re having to get it sorted with a DM. Hopefully once they see the receipt showing the cards haven’t been activated, they’ll either get you a refund or figure out a way to replace them with ones that are. For what it’s worth, DG’s been doing periodic PSN discount promotions like these for years, and I’ve never run into an issue like you describe (and I’ve gotten a TON of credit this way). The biggest annoyance I’ve had is getting a cashier that wants to impose a limit on how many cards can be purchased, even though there’s no mention of a limit in the weekly ad.

Does anyone here use Sony Rewards? I maxed out my 15 Totino's pizza rolls purchases for the promo going on until the end of the month so I now have over 8000 points in my account. I plan on using them on PSN credit but there are plenty of other things to buy. Do the PSN cards ever go on sale? I see they have some gift cards on sale right now but was curious about the PSN cards specifically. If you don't know, they currently are 1000 points for $10 in PSN credit. I plan on using the credit to buy more PS Premium around the holidays like last year when it was $30 off. Here is the link if you are interested Totino’s & Sony Rewards Promotion Official Rules
does it have to be the specific sony rewards packaged totinos or will any do? and can you get credit for multiple purchased on same receipt? gonna head to target and walmart to use my reward visa/gift cards on them today

ive been on sony rewards since launch, dont check it that often but i have never seen psn cards on sale (and the gift cards that do are already point overpriced)

The employee told me at the register that the cards could not be activated (and the receipt says that the cards were not activated and to refund them) but the POS wouldn't allow the cards to be refunded. They did give me a district manager's number and he's going to contact me tomorrow to try to sort it out.
That's terrible. Hopefully you can get it sorted out quickly.

Follow up: the DM came to the store and did some workaround to force the return on the cards after he verified through a fraud line that they had not been activated.

does it have to be the specific sony rewards packaged totinos or will any do? and can you get credit for multiple purchased on same receipt? gonna head to target and walmart to use my reward visa/gift cards on them today

ive been on sony rewards since launch, dont check it that often but i have never seen psn cards on sale (and the gift cards that do are already point overpriced)
No, they don't need the packaging to say Sony rewards. The receipt is the most important thing. I can confirm the receipt works at Target but it does not work at a grocery store here in California called Food for Less. I have not tried Walmart. The receipt needs to say Totinos pizza rolls or something like that. Target's come up as Totinos PR which is acceptable. When you are redeeming, you will have to show the receipt, name the store you went to, the date and the product you bought and how much it cost.

You need to do that with every individual package. One receipt is fine and I have bought up to 10 on the same receipt but you need to keep adding the next package and putting in the same information over and over again until all of the products on the receipt are claimed and then hit submit.

No, they don't need the packaging to say Sony rewards. The receipt is the most important thing. I can confirm the receipt works at Target but it does not work at a grocery store here in California called Food for Less. I have not tried Walmart. The receipt needs to say Totinos pizza rolls or something like that. Target's come up as Totinos PR which is acceptable. When you are redeeming, you will have to show the receipt, name the store you went to, the date and the product you bought and how much it cost.

You need to do that with every individual package. One receipt is fine and I have bought up to 10 on the same receipt but you need to keep adding the next package and putting in the same information over and over again until all of the products on the receipt are claimed and then hit submit.
great thanks, i went to walmart then target. at walmart they did not have the 130 count triple cheese i was looking for (i dont eat meat). target had a bunch of 50 count and at only 4.49 on sale but they only had 1 sony rewards packaged one which i got. they had at least 15 i will go back and get 14 more because i think its more worth it to get 250 points at 4.49 instead of going to different walmarts to get 500 pointers for almost triple the price (and i have gift cards at target and not as much at walmart so id have to use my actual reward visa)

great thanks, i went to walmart then target. at walmart they did not have the 130 count triple cheese i was looking for (i dont eat meat). target had a bunch of 50 count and at only 4.49 on sale but they only had 1 sony rewards packaged one which i got. they had at least 15 i will go back and get 14 more because i think its more worth it to get 250 points at 4.49 instead of going to different walmarts to get 500 pointers for almost triple the price (and i have gift cards at target and not as much at walmart so id have to use my actual reward visa)
Just check the Targets near you in the app. They will tell you how many they have in stock. I had to check 3 stores until I found enough in stock. It's a better deal to get the 130 CT since they give you 500 points but you must do whatever you feel is right of course.

Finally experienced Psdirect’s shipping lol. A big box for small item..got my last of us firefly steam copy. Thing was sliding around in that big box, no damages luckily. Thing is actually thicker than I thought

Does anyone here use Sony Rewards? I maxed out my 15 Totino's pizza rolls purchases for the promo going on until the end of the month so I now have over 8000 points in my account. I plan on using them on PSN credit but there are plenty of other things to buy. Do the PSN cards ever go on sale? I see they have some gift cards on sale right now but was curious about the PSN cards specifically. If you don't know, they currently are 1000 points for $10 in PSN credit. I plan on using the credit to buy more PS Premium around the holidays like last year when it was $30 off. Here is the link if you are interested Totino’s & Sony Rewards Promotion Official Rules
Which one of those totinos really fill u up that’s under $10?

Even tho RE4 looks ugly in my 65 LG C2 I am enjoying the game. after RE4 I’m going back to hogwarts legacy till Diablo 4 comes out but I’m getting that in the series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends on what your grocery store charges. One of my grocery stores didn't make any sense with the pricing differences.
ugh on my 14 bought receipt i put in the correct total 62.86 for [email protected] and it's saying receipt total must not be less than the item total. wont let me continue to submit in app after filling in 14 boxes... contacted sonyrewards awaiting a response. u have any issues?

ugh on my 14 bought receipt i put in the correct total 62.86 for [email protected] and it's saying receipt total must not be less than the item total. wont let me continue to submit in app after filling in 14 boxes... contacted sonyrewards awaiting a response. u have any issues?
Put what the receipt total says. Also double check to make sure you put in the correct price for each and every package with the decimal points in the correct places. If you are still having problems, call them up and go through the promota to talk to a person and if they can't help you they will make a support ticket for the rewards people to contact you only through email. That happened to me one time and it was because I put the wrong price on one of the tostino packages.

Nice. I can put away the disc for Sackboy now. It's a very fun game if anyone hasn't had the chance to play it.
My gf and I are playing through it now. It's a blast for co-op and looks great on the PS5.

Edit: Just checked out the blog post, is this the first month that all 3 games had a PS5 version?

Solid lineup. I've been wanting to play Tails of Iron and was waiting for it be bundled on PC. This will do, as I like the PS controllers. Also Sackboy looks fun enough co-op. I think the launching game may be OK, but I'll wait and see.

It makes sense now why games like Forbidden West and Uncharted Legacy were added to Extra but not Sackboy. They must be planning to do the same with Ratchet.

One note from today’s sale. Hadn’t even heard of it until it was mentioned in an interview with Chad Stahelski. But Hong Kong Massacre is on sale for $2.99 and was the main inspiration for the overhead action sequence in John Wick 4. So, naturally, I had to pick it up. :)

(And Hong Kong Massacre was itself probably inspired by Hotline Miami.)

I'm streaming some MLB The Show 23 to check out the Negro Leagues historical content in the game if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. The Negro Leagues Storylines mode is the coolest thing I've seen in a sports game in a long time. They highlight eight legendary players as you get 9 or 10 episodes each of the President of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum telling you a fun story about each player that is only a few minutes each episode before giving you a Moments-style quick challenge with that player. It's such a cool way to explore this part of the sport's history that you might not know without visiting the museum or researching it on your own that I'd hope the other sports games do at some point.

Any of the games on sale digital only PS5 exclusives? I have some PSN credit but it’s not easy to look through it like on Steam.
If you go to the PS Store on your PS5 and then look at the tabbed listings towards the top of the screen, you should see one called Collections. Go there and you’ll find a half-dozen or so curated lists that update every month or two. Usually there’s at least one that highlights PS Exclusives. Granted, those lists will include games that aren’t on sale too, but it’s easy enough to see which games are on sale in the list when you look at the pricing for each.

All things being equal, with sales dumps as large as the one that dropped yesterday (2,000+ items total), that might be the easiest method for you. While in the Collections section, I also like to take a look at the Monthly Recommendations, the Editor’s Choice section, and the Indies section too, since sometimes newer games I might not have seen or heard about otherwise are featured.

Or just look at deku and ps price tracker.

Those 2 are a small part of the reason why people retired from posting deals.

bread's done
Back