Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I used to frequent E3 every year when I worked in the games industry.  The more recent years it completely sucked.  Big part of that was opening it to the public.  Made it too difficult to see games and play demos when you have to reserve tickets prior to the day starting.  I prefer the online shit.

I want to get the Atari 50.  (I can never have enough copies of Atari games).

I'd even spend $30 but there is no way I'm getting that on physical media.

I can't imagine getting up, taking out a disc, putting the Atari 50 disc in and sitting down again to play Air Sea Battle.

I'm streaming the three new PS1/PSP games on PS+ if you want to see them in action.

Edit: Here's the archive.

Ape Academy 2 is a decent card battling game that merges rock-paper-scissors into the card stuff and resolves most of the card plays with minigames to allow you to avoid consequences of bad pulls or enforce their results to the loser. Trophies seem fairly easy with the use of rewind for any mistakes you make. Ridge Racer Type 4 is a great PS1 arcade racing game. Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is the next evolution of that series that is a good time once you get used to the controls. The trophies look attainable with no difficulty trophies and everything else is for just completing the missions, so you could just play on easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice surprise. Got this on clearance for $25 at Walmart a couple weeks ago for switch still sealed. Gonna trade that and play on PS5.

I should have waited like I did for Monster Hunter Rise & No More Heroes 3. They are great on PS5.
why not play on switch considering its not much of a difference but I guess preference.

Citizen Sleeper drops today with a 20% discount (normally $19.99, currently $15.99). Combined with the present 15% off DG deal on PSN credit, that pulls its effective day one price to $13.59.

So I’ve been using Spotify while playing GT7 in VR and it’s a big improvement, music wise. But there are a couple of settings I can’t find or don’t exist. Is there a way to prevent the pop up each time a new song plays? It’s pretty distracting and immersion breaking but I can’t find a way to turn it off. I also don’t love the audio balance between the game and Spotify.

What’s better- live a live or octopath 2?
Not sure about the sequel, but Octo one was excellent if a bit repetitive once you realize the symmetrical design of character progression. That said, I got bored of Live a eviL after 15 minutes. Combat was more tactical than I care to endure when playing a traditional RPG.

I'm streaming some Meet Your Maker if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. This is a very cool game about invading other people's outposts to steal genetic material for the various upgrades you can unlock over time. After a few invasions, you can get a plot to make your own outpost to fill with traps and guards to cause people to die a bunch, which gives you more materials for your upgrades. The few outposts I've seen had some cool designs to make it tricky to figure out where the traps are at, which makes for some fun challenges.

I was disappointed with the PSP but overall pretty happy with the Vita. I did get my Vita for a good deal late in its life though. Would be interested, but not overly hyped for a new Sony handheld

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1643751070542479360

Those of you who buy the games digitally on PlayStation 4 between April 20, 2023 – May 25, 2023 will get a Theme and Avatar for each title purchased. Players who purchase the complete series in the FINAL FANTASY I-VI BUNDLE will receive every Theme and Avatar included with the individual games - a total of six Themes and six Avatars.

The PS4 and Switch versions of these games have some awesome features that make them even more enjoyable to play than before.

These include the option to:

• Change soundtracks: The Pixel Remaster series features utterly superb new orchestral arrangements of FINAL FANTASY I - VI’s soundtracks. However, we know some of you may want to recreate the original experience of playing these games, so you’ll be able to switch between the original and rearranged soundtracks.
  • Change fonts: The console release of FINAL FANTASY I - VI gives you the option to switch between two different fonts: the default font and a new pixel-based font that recreates the feel of the original games.
  • Turn off random encounters: Sometimes you just want to explore in peace, so a feature in the Pixel Remaster games lets you turn off random encounters completely. This means you can roam the world without being harassed by monsters. That also means you won’t get stronger, so be careful how you use it…
  • Adjust experience: Speaking of getting stronger, want to speed things up a little? Boost features let you adjust the experience gained by up to four times. Perfect if you want an easier run through the games.
All these features are, of course, optional, but they mean that players of all types - from those who played the originals to those who have never played a classic FINAL FANTASY game before - can have a great time with these six awesome adventures.

I'm streaming some EA Sports PGA Tour if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. The golf gameplay is pretty well done and enjoyable, though the rest of the game was pretty buggy for me at times. While creating my golfer, the name and hometown fields were not editable for whatever reason and that didn't change in later attempts. I also had some menus bug out with the end of the video featuring the menus accessible through the shoulder buttons at the top of the screen disappearing as I checked some stuff. My main issue is that with all of the accessibility stuff, they don't have subtitles for the commentary that is all over the place in each round.

Other than that, the game seems pretty solid with the career mode being a golf RPG as you gain XP with each round played that gives you skill points to spend on your golfer to upgrade stats and unlock some abilities in a Mass Effect-style skill tree system. They have a shop with plenty of cosmetic items to buy with in-game or paid currency, though none of the clothes or clubs have an effect on the stats. I did find it neat that you can set your outfits to change with each round of the tournaments. I'll probably use up the EA Play trial and maybe get the game later when it's half off or lower during the summer.

bread's done
Back