Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Supposedly there will be a FFXVI demo releasing soon and progress will carry over to the main game. Early impressions of the games are very positive and some has already said it might be one of the best FF game.

I'll try a demo although FF other than the FF7 Remake (and the being split into multiple games is still lame IMHO) most recent FFs haven't been amazing to me. Not talking the MMO ones since I don't usually play those. FFXV was kind of boring to me, and this looks most similar to FFXV. I'm going in whatever though since mainline FF games don't come out as often. The newest trailer was so confusing story wise other than crystals helping and harming and we don't need your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
To enjoy FFXV, you have to watch this short movie, which shows what would happen if Noctis went on his journey alone without his friends. That's what the game should have been since they don't add anything to the game.

You have to watch the CG movie Kingsglaive, which is frequently on YouTube for free supported with ads, but currently isn't. The Kingsglaive are refugee and immigrant soldiers who fight for Insomnia because they want to push back Nifelheim from their own homelands. The multiplayer expansion, Comrades, continues their story, which imo is much more interesting than Noctis's. You can play solo since there are bots, and it's kind of like Monster Hunter.

I'll try a demo although FF other than the FF7 Remake (and the being split into multiple games is still lame IMHO) most recent FFs haven't been amazing to me. Not talking the MMO ones since I don't usually play those. FFXV was kind of boring to me, and this looks most similar to FFXV. I'm going in whatever though since mainline FF games don't come out as often. The newest trailer was so confusing story wise other than crystals helping and harming and we don't need your help.
If you’re a fan of the older FF4 and FF6 titles (those of the SNES era), I played a smaller game recently that at times gave me similar feelings of enjoyment back when I was a kid. Game’s called Rise of the Third Power, and it’s developed by the team who made Ara Fell (which I’ve yet to play). Fantastic music, fairly solid writing/characters, and a few interesting design twists I hadn’t seen before in other games. Hoping it’s the start of a series for them. After finishing it completely, I popped onto PSNprofiles to discover it had/has sold dismally. Well under a thousand people recorded as players/owners. It’s normally $19.99, but I picked it up for $11.99 back during the holiday season. Easy recommendation at that price or lower—hitting 100% might run 40-50 hours. If you want to see it in action, there’s a handful of smaller review channels on YouTube that covered it.

I didn't mean to start a physical vs digital debate. I think the "Alan Wake 2 being digital only" news is what sparked it this time. I think the gaming companies are testing us as consumers to see if we will put up any resistance to them not making a physical option. I know there are a ton of digital only Indies that get Limited Run physical releases that sell out immediately. However, this is the first AAA game I can recall that will release without a physical option. I don't know if Limited Run would be able to make a physical copy of a AAA game...at least not for a few years after release I guess.

On the other hand GameStop ceases to exist post-digital. Which world would you rather live in?
GameStop is dying a slow death with their new rewards program being the latest evidence. Now that I have cashed out my rewards, I have no reason to shop there outside of a good Black Friday sale.

I’m buying a PlayStation 5 and haven’t been in this ecosystem since PS3 days. I must have had a PlayStation 4 at some point because i played Until Dawn and the Last of Us.

Anyways, any multiplatform game i will purchase on Xbox because it’s my preference, but i know the exclusives are incredible. I’ve googled a couple lists and bought or wishlist accordingly.

Does anybody have any PlayStation exclusive hidden gems that aren’t so well known?

This is what i bought without even having a console yet:
Killzone Shadow Fall™
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End & UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle
Bloodborne™
Heavy Rain
Journey™ Collector’s Edition
Dreams™
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition
Concrete Genie
I would tell you the same thing I would tell anyone that is new to Xbox. Get Game Pass / PS+ Extra. The value shoots up tremendously if are new to the platform and still haven't played many of the games in the catalog yet.

Ghost of Tshushima, Kena Bridge of Spirits and Spider-Man Miles Morales. I would start there. I preferred MIles Morales over Spider-Man 2018. If you like MM then go back and play SM 2018.

I tried Detroit Become Human but I couldn't really get into it. The game is beautiful though. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

All this discussion of physical vs. digital is pretty much a moot point. It’s already happened and isn’t going to slow down. The publishers and platform holders have literally NO REASON whatsoever financially to continue to with physical games.

They don’t have to print copies that go unsold.
They don’t have to make deals with retailers.
They don’t have to share income from digital sales.
They completely control price as there is nowhere else to get the game.

Even if they continue to produce special editions, they will start coming with a steel book and code like many already do.
They have to give 30% last I heard of sales digital wise which is the same everywhere.

The only ones not doing that are first party in house projects.

Idiots have been posting this for 10 years. "Zomg the death of physical media!"

In fact it was this kind of attitude that completely sunk Microsoft all the way back in 2013. They haven't made a full recovery since then. Here we are, all these years later, and nearly half of game sales are still physical. Regardless of those of you that like to post this pointlessly bigoted flamebait.

Nvm that vinyl is back in stores, books have made a GIANT comeback, and there are all kinds of 4K's, blu-rays, and anime to order. Specialty media is doing just fine tyvm. Regardless that you sit on your ass at home ordering Door Dash, while punching your dork to Netflix, and buying digital games + MTXs with no idea what is going on outside your own bubble.
Triggered.

The only physical that gets a pass is vinyl and 4k movies because there is a level of fidelity that is lost via streaming/download. Nothing is lost visually between gaming, books, and HD movies so those are areas of who gives a shit. That said, I just got back from a record store that opened a month ago locally with Deftones White Pony + Tool Lateralus (the wife bought Tyler the Creator Igor :cool:) albums and they're the only physical clutter we enjoy bringing into the house anymore. Everything else lives in space and we couldn't be happier.

Supposedly there will be a FFXVI demo releasing soon and progress will carry over to the main game. Early impressions of the games are very positive and some has already said it might be one of the best FF game.
The moment they announced Yoshi-P was allowed to lead the project, I knew it was going to be a return to form. They haven't had a great FF mainline game since PS1 wrapped up and only now with a change of guard are we getting classics again. It's always mind-boggling how long Japanese companies allow cancer to persist before cutting it out. Also, Jim Ryan.

The only physical that gets a pass is vinyl and 4k movies because there is a level of fidelity that is lost via […] download.
83658414.gif

Idiots have been posting this for 10 years. "Zomg the death of physical media!"

In fact it was this kind of attitude that completely sunk Microsoft all the way back in 2013. They haven't made a full recovery since then. Here we are, all these years later, and nearly half of game sales are still physical. Regardless of those of you that like to post this pointlessly bigoted flamebait.

Nvm that vinyl is back in stores, books have made a GIANT comeback, and there are all kinds of 4K's, blu-rays, and anime to order. Specialty media is doing just fine tyvm. Regardless that you sit on your ass at home ordering Door Dash, while punching your dork to Netflix, and buying digital games + MTXs with no idea what is going on outside your own bubble.
This is a super strange take. Microsoft in 2013??? Digital sales and online requirements to play your games? Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Almost all analysts agree Microsoft was on the right track with the Xbox one. They were just about 5 years too early. Nobody bats an eye at these things now.

I am not a publisher or platform holder. I got no skin in the game. Makes no difference to me. But to deny the financial incentive for these companies is just foolish. And most companies are not in the business of making less money because the consumer wants….anything.

I have no idea if the next console gen will push even heavier into discless downloadable systems. But I’m 100% sure there is a financial gain for the companies if this comes to fruition. If they can get away with it (and lots of times when they don’t), money almost always wins.

Hope you feel better.

I played that Puzzle Quest 3 on Android.  It was not good.  

I stopped playing it and went back to Marval Puzzle Quest and old fashioned Puzzle Quest full time.  I even wrote a negative review on Google Play.

I haven't played in a long time so maybe my impressions don't reflect the current game. 

The graphics were off putting.  You have like 2 seconds to make AS MANY MOVES AS POSSIBLE.  LIke swipe swipe swipe swipe to get eight in a row but you also want to set up the drop matches.  It is not a relaxed thinking game.  You should set up different armors/spells/etc to fight different types of creatues but there is way too much grinding (or money, I guess) necessary to make one good kit, let alone multiple to handle the different type of enemies.  The game was VERY linear like fight battles 1.1 to 1.8 defeat mega boss and get a new supporting character who says "oh, we should go see the next guy" then fight 2.1 to 2.8 and repeat.  

It was like they looked at all the joy created from the original Puzzle Quest and decided to just make everything worse.

To enjoy FFXV, you have to watch this short movie, which shows what would happen if Noctis went on his journey alone without his friends. That's what the game should have been since they don't add anything to the game.

You have to watch the CG movie Kingsglaive, which is frequently on YouTube for free supported with ads, but currently isn't. The Kingsglaive are refugee and immigrant soldiers who fight for Insomnia because they want to push back Nifelheim from their own homelands. The multiplayer expansion, Comrades, continues their story, which imo is much more interesting than Noctis's. You can play solo since there are bots, and it's kind of like Monster Hunter.
Kingsglaive is just pure badassness! Is there a better protagonist than Nyx? I think not! The animation is just top level. Highly recommend checking it out even if you have no interest in playing the game. It's that good!

I am thinking about doing another playthrough of Final Fantasy XV and Dragon Quest XI. How long do people expect they will be available on PS Plus? 1 year or longer? For some reason Eurogamer has Final Fantasy leaving May 9th but it's still available on PS Plus Extra according to PSN Store. Maybe they meant leaving the PS Plus Collection? I don't know.

I ever managed to get all of the achievements before they removed Comrades from the base game. Not sure how that will affect the trophies now.

https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-plus-games-list-premium-extra-this-month-6300

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/29/days-of-play-2023-sale-kicks-off-on-june-2/

Days of Play starts June 2 for the person here that's been asking about it constantly.

Days of Play 2023 will begin on June 2 at 12:01 AM until June 12 at 11:59 PM local time in each region. Our official Days of Play site will be updated with more information later this week, so be sure to check the site for the latest details. Please note that offers may vary by region and are available while supplies last.

Here are some of the upcoming deals to look out for:

Save on PlayStation Plus memberships

Start, renew, or extend your PlayStation Plus membership during Days of Play at a discount. Get access to quality titles, from Monthly Games, to Game Trials, to the compelling Game Catalog and Classics Catalog with hundreds of blockbusters and classics to choose from – depending on the plan you choose.*

For both new and current PlayStation Plus members, all 12-month plans will be offered at 25% off – this includes Essential, Extra, and Premium/Deluxe.

Current PlayStation Plus Essential and Extra members can also receive 25% off a 1-month, 3-month, or 12-month membership when upgrading to a higher tier plan – it’s a great time to try PlayStation Plus Premium or Deluxe.

Deals directly from PlayStation

For players in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg, head over to direct.playstation.com when Days of Play begins and you’ll find a wide range of deals for select PS5, PS4, PC games, and accessories.

For players in Austria, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, celebrate the launch of direct.playstation.com with discounts on select PS5 games and accessories using the following promo codes:

Use code DOPSAVE15 for up to 15% on select PS5 Accessories, including DualSense charging station, HD camera, media remote, Pulse 3D wireless headsets, select PS5 console covers.

Use code DOPSAVE40 for up to 40% on select PS5 games.

Offers are available for the duration of the promotion while supplies last and vary by region. Find out more on direct.playstation.com when Days of Play kicks off on June 2.

Offers on select digital games available on PlayStation Store

This year, save on a variety of digital games and add-ons on PlayStation Store. Offers vary by region, so head to PlayStation Store when Days of Play begins to view the full list of local deals.

There will also be additional deals on PlayStation accessories during this year’s Days of Play from participating local retailers; offers may vary by region.

Be sure to check back on June 2 for details on this year’s promotion on the Days of Play 2023 site.

Oh god I knew they always had something in June, not just May. If that showcase was their E3 I would’ve been hella disappointed
What do you mean? There is no other showcase currently planned. That was their “E3 period” showcase.

Well then I’m disappointed
why? sony can't show anything because they don't want to appear to be in a dominant position while protesting the activision merger, xbox can't show anything because they are using the "we can't compete without activition" defense. so we get nothing.

besides that, i am sick of seeing videos of games that aren't coming out this year. on top of that hearing people complain either way, "show more games" "don't show games until their done" blah blah blah. the whole thing is getting tiresome.

why? sony can't show anything because they don't want to appear to be in a dominant position while protesting the activision merger, xbox can't show anything because they are using the "we can't compete without activition" defense. so we get nothing.

besides that, i am sick of seeing videos of games that aren't coming out this year. on top of that hearing people complain either way, "show more games" "don't show games until their done" blah blah blah. the whole thing is getting tiresome.
Mostly disappointed cuz I thought they’d at least show a release date for more games and making them available for pre order with bonuses/CEs. Naruto storm connections, dbz tenkaichi 4, lies of P, maybe even confirm the jump stars ultimax rumors

I guess we’ll have to wait till Tokyo game show around September I guess to see more. That’s usually when Kojima shows something. Also hoping a bleach game finally gets announced

guess you talking about if not still thank you. Is this only directly from Sony or can be done at retailers like the others years. I didnt see anything about it when reading I wanted to pay cash and use best buy $5 certificate
"Days of Play is back this week and we wanted to give you a quick look at some of the deals you can find across PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Gear, direct.playstation.com, and PlayStation Store, along with additional offerings available at participating retailers."

I can't believe how hard the price of flash memory crashed in the span of 5 months.  It dropped about ~50%.  2 TB drives now cost what 1 TB drives previously did.  This is insane. 

This goes to show you how the memory makers / PC parts manufacturing industry colludes on high price floors.  They've been gouging us hard since the pandemic.   Now today, when you walk into Microcenter its wall-to-wall motherboards again, NO ONE is buying, and prices are back down to < $299 on a lot of models. 

This goes to show you how the memory makers / PC parts manufacturing industry colludes on high price floors. They've been gouging us hard since the pandemic. Now today, when you walk into Microcenter its wall-to-wall motherboards again, NO ONE is buying, and prices are back down to &lt; $299 on a lot of models.
Um, this is just as simply ascribed to good ol' supply and demand. Things are a LOT different right now from two years ago.

I'm streaming The Lord of the Rings: Gollum for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's not a good game at all. It's a boilerplate stealth adventure game, but without anything interesting going on. Had some control issues and a few bugs, though not the crashing issues I saw that some reviewers had.

Puzzle Quest 3 is out now for PS5/PS4 and is free to play:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10005398

GlowBoard: WinterFest has a free beta for PS5 to play:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10003657

Super Mega Baseball 4 is available now for a 10 hour EA Play trial for EA Play members:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10004282

Looks like the devs changed how the fights work in Puzzle Quest 3. You get 3 AP to make 3 moves for your turn instead of just making as many moves as you could in the time offered.

These devs need to get it together with compression. 150GB for a damn basketball game (30 more than 2K21)?

FIFA is under 50. :roll:

These devs need to get it together with compression. 150GB for a damn basketball game (30 more than 2K21)?

Tears of the kingdom is only 16.2 GB. Granted, it's not 4K textures but there's no way adding 4K to that game would add another 120 GBs or whatever. Nintendo is just amazing when it comes to compression. Other devs are really good at it too. Certain devs are just lazy and certain devs just aren't good at it.

I think it’s because nba is a bigger game with a city where u can explore and play in but yeah these games better start getting compressed. Jedi survivor took a lot of space. Had to uninstall it because of a bounty hunter trophy glitch preventing me from getting a platinum

bread's done
Back