Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Have you been able to get another 6 months with Apple TV plus? I did the 6 month trial before but my PS5 crashed on me and I had to restore to factory settings. When I go to my Apple TV, it says I get 6 months free. If I use a different ID, will I get another 6 months? Same Apple ID? Does Apple remember or Sony? Seems like it doesn't go off your PSN ID or I wouldn't be seeing the offer again. I will see if it works on July 1st since my current free trial runs out June 30th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I can remove Darkseid for Injustice 2 from my wish list. Grabbed the MK11 Ultimate + Injustice 2 Legendary Edition for $10. It was BS that the old Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition didn’t include him and he never went on sale.
Question for you:
Now that you've bought that bundle, does Darkseid show as owned (or free) on the PSN store or not?
The Injustice 2 Legendary Edition is a different digital game than the standard (but only on PlayStation in their infinite wisdom) so the DLC doesn't show as owned on the store just by buying the Legendary Edition regularly. Wondering if the $100 pack does it differently.

This also means you can't get certain shaders exclusive to the Ultimate Pack in the Legendary Edition version even if you own the Ultimate Pack (the solution for every other platform). You have to specifically own the standard version and then access all the DLC from there.

Not enjoying the side quests so far but I do them anyway. I’m just where I got the new outfit. Hope side quests get better. Love the game especially the graphics and gameplay/epic boss battles. Asura’s wrath epicness
I'm at pretty much the same point and feel more or less the same. The side quests I've done so far have been super lackluster but hoping they get better as I continue to play on. Game looks great although the voice sync with characters mouths sometimes feels off. But overall it's a great looking game and I'm really really enjoying the story and characters so far. Gameplay is solid but it feels really different from the other ff games I've played, at least recently. I like that so far at least it's been pretty linear, and the gameplay is kinda a more elaborate hack and slash. Excited to keep playing and see where it goes. Have definitely been enjoying it more than I have any other game recently

According to my PS5 menu, I'm 24% through FF XVI and I really love it.  I have been doing every side quest and reading a lot of the lore to understand a bit more about the countries involved.  

The battles have been a ton of fun to this point, to the point that I really don't mind if I run into enemies when walking around an area looking for items.  Also, I greatly enjoyed the first Aikon battle that I took part in.  

I've said it in a previous post, but I really don't mind a more linear RPG at this point, as long as the story has me engaged, and I think they have done a great job of moving you from area to area for a reason.  

According to my PS5 menu, I'm 24% through FF XVI and I really love it. I have been doing every side quest and reading a lot of the lore to understand a bit more about the countries involved.

The battles have been a ton of fun to this point, to the point that I really don't mind if I run into enemies when walking around an area looking for items. Also, I greatly enjoyed the first Aikon battle that I took part in.

I've said it in a previous post, but I really don't mind a more linear RPG at this point, as long as the story has me engaged, and I think they have done a great job of moving you from area to area for a reason.
did you notice any performance issues like Frame-rate drops? ? I really liked the demo but the issues stopped me from buying .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since FF13. This new one sounds very different game play wise. I am eager to try it out as I haven't had the urge to play the last couple games that were released.

did you notice any performance issues like Frame-rate drops? ? I really liked the demo but the issues stopped me from buying .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By the flames! Trust me I didn’t love the demo gameplay wise cuz of the lack of skills I was able to unlock and wasn’t used to the combat but then I played the full game and have gotten used to it and I love it. Final fantasy + devil may cry combat with Asura’s wrath boss battles. Pretty dark too and actual bad words being used. I like the route final fantasy has taken. Now go sic em torgal

I have a question for the PlayStation die hards.  My Plus subscription runs out on 7/1, and I've already purchased a Plus gift card to renew.

Is it better for me to go ahead and renew now or to let it run out and then redeem the code? 

I seem to remember years ago that letting the subscription run out and then renewing would reset the order of your digital purchases and move all of the Plus games that you had previously claimed to the top of the purchased list.

Forgive the way that this post is worded, but I play more on my Xbox Series X than I do on my PS4.  Thanks for any constructive answers.

Such a fan I bought two copies Frisky! Now when I’ll play it is up for debate. Still won’t play any new game near launch generally for six months too wait for QoL and bug fixes. 

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1673936675628630016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1673936675628630016%7Ctwgr%5E171d0efc5bfa1af7c89b32b63bfbf373a1c9894d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F14l3wzd%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Rumored July PS+ Essential Titles

• Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - PS5, PS4
  • Alan Wake Remastered - PS5, PS4
  • Endling - PS5, PS4

rumour-july-2023-ps-games-are-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-v0-8uwyJdl7jxTVgwo164YhoQBRJ2o1-40e9xB5YTJIeds.jpg

• Endling - PS5, PS4

rumour-july-2023-ps-games-are-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-v0-8uwyJdl7jxTVgwo164YhoQBRJ2o1-40e9xB5YTJIeds.jpg
Not a bad month. I still like playing the Zombies mode of Black Ops on my PC, so this will get a look from me when on Plus.

I’ve heard the Cold War campaign is pretty good.

I need to finally play Stray.
I need to finish Stray. I've played through it and I'm working on mopping up some of the trophies. I think it's worth a play through at least, and the good news is it's fairly short, so three weeks notice should be plenty of time to get through it depending on your schedule.

• Endling - PS5, PS4
More confirmation on other sites

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (PS5 | PS4), Alan Wake Remastered (PS5 | PS4), and Endling – Extinction is Forever (PS5 | PS4) will be coming to the subscription service on July 2, it was revealed.

Great month!

I'm glad I bought a copy of Stray last year during a B2G1 sale.  I haven't finished it yet but I need to go back and complete it.  I like what I played of it but it was definitely to hyped up.

Now Humanity is a wonderful PS Plus Extra exclusive. That game is a fantastic puzzle game with a great soundtrack.

I just signed up for extra during the recent sale since my essential was going to expire and this game has made it worth wild. Also looking forward to playing Tchia and a couple others I downloaded after I complete FF16.

Stray was the most overrated game of the year for me in 2022. Typically that kind of narrative/exploration game is right up my alley but it didn't click for me at all. But that's what I like about these gaming subscription services. In the end they more than make up for the subscription fee by saving me from spending money on a game I end up disliking.

I really enjoyed Stray and played it through to completion. I’ve been wanting to do another play through, but I think I’ll wait to see if they’re doing a double-dip on it and it ends up on Game Pass.

Stray leaving is funny timing for me because I started it last night (just got a PS5 this month). I'm glad it's short because I am enjoying it and looking forward to getting all its trophies.

Stray is a solid 8-9. I liked Cold War more than MW 2 at least now I won’t even have to put the disc in to play it again nor do I have to redownload it

Are the sales normally in a two week cycle or is this just because it’s a special sale?
The main and the secondary one like level up both goes on sale for 2 weeks but start and ends on different weeks. Then theres the special thats 2 weeks as well I think and follows the main sale I think.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1674504256530046977

I guess Annapurna Interactive just had a showcase with a bunch of new stuff:

Cocoon's out 9/29

Flock gameplay - new game from Hohokum/Frobisher Says artist Richard Hogg

Ghostbike announced

Mundaun's out now for PS5, hand-penciled horror game

Other news:

Scorn's coming to PS5

Baldur's Gate III was delayed to 9/6 for PS5

I'm streaming the new SpongeBob SquarePants DLC for PowerWash Simulator if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a good six new maps and 10 trophies that are fairly easy to get. Well worth it if you enjoyed the base game. Plenty of references in there for fans of the series.

One thing I really love about my Playstation 5 is going back to my backlog of old games.  My PS5 is dead silent and the near instant load times really helps keep you in the action. It's a game changer. My PS4 Pro sounding like a hair dryer really did take me out of the the experience.

Concrete Genie is the 6th game I've platinumed since getting my PS5 at the beginning of the month. It's such a great wonderful game! Only takes a few hours to complete. Couldn't really get into it on the PS4 but playing on the PS5 was a breeze! Shame that Pixel Opus was shutdown, I think that they really could have done something special with the Dual sense controller.

Games that I've platinumed since getting my PS5:

-Astro's Playroom

Kena's Bridge of Spirits

-Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

-Tearaway Unfolded

-Oninkai

-Concrete Genie

I plan to play Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin next and then going back to play Ghost of Tsushima in glorious 60fps and the Tiki Island expansion which I haven't played yet.

According to my PS5 menu, I'm 24% through FF XVI and I really love it. I have been doing every side quest and reading a lot of the lore to understand a bit more about the countries involved.

The battles have been a ton of fun to this point, to the point that I really don't mind if I run into enemies when walking around an area looking for items. Also, I greatly enjoyed the first Aikon battle that I took part in.

Agreed that I appreciate the linear and story driven drive that keeps me from searching around and spending endless hours on other stuff. I felt I was getting deep on the story so I google how long to beat and it said about 52 hours just story but I feel like my percent complete is putting me in at half that. I bought it digitally so the more time the better.

Where is the games leaving soon section on PS Premium? Seems like it randomly shows up but never can find it when I want the info.
-Scroll all the way left to "Playstation Plus"

-Tab two spaces right to "Collections"

-Scroll all the way down to "Last chance to play"

From google:

Subscribers can always check the “Last chance to play section” on the PlayStation Plus Collections page on PS5, or the Games Catalogue section in the PlayStation Plus menu on PS4, for games they may be interested in checking out before they leave the service.

Is the Gylt Collectors Edition not coming to the United States? I'm trying to find information on it, but I can't find much.

-Scroll all the way left to "Playstation Plus"

-Tab two spaces right to "Collections"

-Scroll all the way down to "Last chance to play"

From google:

Subscribers can always check the “Last chance to play section” on the PlayStation Plus Collections page on PS5, or the Games Catalogue section in the PlayStation Plus menu on PS4, for games they may be interested in checking out before they leave the service.
Odd. The first thing I did was google it and that is what came up for me. When I followed those instructions, nothing came up. I just did it now and it's there.

Agreed that I appreciate the linear and story driven drive that keeps me from searching around and spending endless hours on other stuff. I felt I was getting deep on the story so I google how long to beat and it said about 52 hours just story but I feel like my percent complete is putting me in at half that. I bought it digitally so the more time the better.
My PS5 is saying I'm 30 hours in and at 71% complete. I've been doing every side quest also though.

bread's done
Back