Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The Last Chance to Play section on PS5 has been updated with the selection of games leaving on 15th August 2023. They are:
• Borderlands 3 (PS5, PS4)
• Nidhogg (PS4)
• DCL - The Game (PS4)
• Yakuza 0 (PS4)
• Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
• Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
• GRIP (PS4)
• The Crew 2 (PS4)
• 8-Bit Armies (PS4)
• Carmageddon: Max Damage (PS4)
So this will be interesting. I let it "upgrade" my disc install of BL3 so I could play the Plus version without needing the disc. I wonder if I'm going to have to delete that and reinstall the disc to keep playing now.

So this will be interesting. I let it "upgrade" my disc install of BL3 so I could play the Plus version without needing the disc. I wonder if I'm going to have to delete that and reinstall the disc to keep playing now.
One of the big recent firmware updates fixed this. Whether you install from a disc or it's a digital copy the game tile will be the same no need to download or install from disc. Most likely you won't be able to launch it without the disc anymore but just popping the disc in will let you continue playing no need to install it again.

One of the big recent firmware updates fixed this. Whether you install from a disc or it's a digital copy the game tile will be the same no need to download or install from disc. Most likely you won't be able to launch it without the disc anymore but just popping the disc in will let you continue playing no need to install it again.
Yeah, it's a nice quality of life improvement. I've had a couple games I had on disc that were added to PS+ Extra that I didn't need the disc for anymore. I was expecting the same for Ghost of Tsushima, so I installed it from the disc, but for some reason, the version is different on the store from the one that is free for PS+ Extra, so I'm playing it with the disc.

Edit: I know I'm late to the party on this, but Ghost of Tsushima is fantastic so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody been able to redeem Twisted Metal 2 for Free?  I bought it on the PS3 and its showing up as "Free" when I do a search for it on the website, but when I click on it says Unavailable for Purchase.

Has anybody been able to redeem Twisted Metal 2 for Free? I bought it on the PS3 and its showing up as "Free" when I do a search for it on the website, but when I click on it says Unavailable for Purchase.
I was able to, but I had to do it on my actual system.couldnt do it through the PC or App. For reference, I also purchased it on PS3 and was able to claim the FREE one on my PS4. It now shows it in my library and I can access it on both my PS4 and PS5.

Everyone should give Yakuza 0 a try. Amazing game.
This can be said about every Yakuza game no? :razz:

Platinum Trophy #9 and #10 achieved since getting my PS5... My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure and Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R. Both can be completed in just a couple of hours.

Fast & Furious isn't very good. It can be OK as a casual arcade racer. It's pretty faithful to the kids TV show which has like 6 seasons.

Also shout out to Cat Quest 1 & 2. Very nice fun little action RPG adventure games. Bought them from the sale for only a couple of bucks which I believe ends tomorrow but they go on sale frequently. Worth checking out for fans of old school Zelda.

This can be said about every Yakuza game no? :razz:

Platinum Trophy #9 and #10 achieved since getting my PS5... My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure and Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R. Both can be completed in just a couple of hours.

Fast & Furious isn't very good. It can be OK as a casual arcade racer. It's pretty faithful to the kids TV show which has like 6 seasons.

Also shout out to Cat Quest 1 & 2. Very nice fun little action RPG adventure games. Bought them from the sale for only a couple of bucks which I believe ends tomorrow but they go on sale frequently. Worth checking out for fans of old school Zelda.
Bought cat quest as well. Platinum the 1st and I'll play the 2nd one later. Good price for those games as well.

I'm streaming some Viewfinder if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. I'm really enjoying this unique first-person puzzle game about using photos to alter the environments around you to solve puzzles in a variety of ways. They start off slowly with just giving you some pre-made polaroid photos to get around the levels before layering on other ways to take your own until you get your own viewfinder camera to take limited amounts of photos in each area. The story seems neat so far, which I won't spoil since it has some nice surprises in store for why you're working through these puzzles to learn more about the people involved in them. 

Should I get Cloudpunk on PS4 and get the free upgrade, get it on PS5, or does it not matter?
Just depends on which packaging you want. But if you do want to play it on console, PS5 is where you want to play it as that's the only version that's been upgraded. PS4, Xbox (all versions) and Switch are all noticeably inferior. I do recommend the game though, I payed it on PS5 and really enjoyed it, I just wish they'd release the DLC too.

Looks like Vampire Survivors clones are showing up on PS5 and PS4 with what I believe are the first three out in the past day:

PS4 Remedium: Sentinels - $4.99 - $3.99 - 20% off

PS5 Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde - $9.99

PS5/PS4 Whisplike Survivors: Sword of the Necromancer - $2.99

Also, if you signed up for The Crew Motorfest Closed Beta, codes went out earlier today. It seems to be shareable to three others, so send me a DM and I'll give you the weird URL they claim is what you need to get in.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1682158354565591041

Pre-orders will begin on July 28. Players in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Austria, Portugal can also get this limited edition design directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com, or at other select retailers. These products will also be available in many other countries around the world in limited quantities at select retailers.

The PS5 Console – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition Bundle, PS5 Console Covers – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition, PS5 Digital Edition Console Covers – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition, and DualSense Wireless Controller – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition will be available starting September 1, ahead of the game’s official release.

For players purchasing the full PS5 bundle, the included game voucher can be redeemed when Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 releases on October 20. Players who purchase the bundle that has a voucher for the digital Standard Edition of the game will also get the same pre-order incentive items available to those who pre-order Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – an early unlock Arachknight Suit for Peter with 3 additional color variants, an early unlock Shadow Spider Suit for Miles with 3 additional color variants, an early unlock Web Grabber gadget, and 3 skill points.
e99720620e8fb8c03d71c8312b63c505fff3668b-scaled.jpg

d7c61708d3d68347e20de029505c581c875fee33.jpg

Streaming Remedium: Sentinels and Whispike Survivors if you want to see these cheaper Vampire Survivors clones in action.

Edit: Whispike Survivors is a much faster game than Vampire Survivors, as runs tend to last a few minutes at best with enemies swarming around you immediately after starting. There are no real upgrade mechanics to this like your typical auto-shooting survival game since you plant a seed version of your character that grows into adult form after a few runs to be reuseable with most, if not all, of your abilities and upgrades still on it to make for an interesting way to handle progression. The weapons and abilities you can get as upgrades are largely exactly what is offered in VS, so there's not much unique here.

Remedium: Sentinels offers a more traditional progression experience to what you get in Vampire Survivors, though it's not as complex or varied as VS. You control these steampunk robot golems with differing stats that you find in each new area, which can be upgraded with scrap individually along with general upgrades that affected the overall gameplay with some neat higher priced upgrades. Each of the stages seems to have a shorter 15 max run time to survive in before it ends that unlocks an endless version. There's not any sort of metagame to this as far as I've seen, so you're just trying to beat each stage, unlock all of the golems, get all of the upgrades, and play for high scores on the endless mode from what I can see. The art style is pretty neat with a PS1-style low poly look to it and it lets you use the right stick to lower the camera from top-down to more of a ground level look that isn't really useful at all.

That Spider-Man 2 limited edition looks great and does a good job of masking the ugliness of the console.  They're going to sell a ton of those.

Was really trying to hold off on buying a PS5 till they announced the Pro, but I gotta get that limited edition since I bought the Spiderman PS4 Pro day one 5 years ago.
Since I got a Series X before a PS5, this was my thought process too; wait for a pro model or a Spider-Man 2 limited edition. But it's just a faceplate, which makes it feel less like a limited edition. So I think I'll continue to hold out. I still hate the look and size of the current PS5.

Was really trying to hold off on buying a PS5 till they announced the Pro, but I gotta get that limited edition since I bought the Spiderman PS4 Pro day one 5 years ago.
I did the same thing years ago. It was my first PS4 Pro haha. My resolve broke last weekend though and picked up a digital in store. Best of luck in your struggle haha.

That Spider-Man PS5 looks nice.  I'm assuming the cost will be similar to the Lebron James stuff, $80 for the controller, $65 for the plates.  I'll probably get the controller at least, but I'm tempted to upgrade my PS4 in the basement for that console.

I'm almost 30 hours into Final Fantasy 16 and it's hard to put this game down. I have never been this engaged by a JRPG story before. I've been doing all the side quests as well as the hunt board because the combat is so good.

I'm almost 30 hours into Final Fantasy 16 and it's hard to put this game down. I have never been this engaged by a JRPG story before. I've been doing all the side quests as well as the hunt board because the combat is so good.
Yeah, I've been dealing with a lot of things and when I've had time to play I've really enjoyed the game.

I think I'm about 65% of the way through the game, but I've been doing every side quest as well. It's nice that some the side quests have actual benefits to your character. That and some of them really build on the relationships that you're having with the people in your orbit.

Again, I've greatly enjoyed the game and would highly recommend it.

Dealabs has an article about an upcoming discount on PS5 systems.  The article is in French, but here's the translated page hopefully.  And the most relevant information:

For now, we only have the discount amounts, and we do not know the start date of these Sony promotional campaigns. The amounts are therefore presented as follows:

• Germany: €75 reduction , i.e. €474.99 instead of €549.99
  • United States: $50 reduction , i.e. 449.99 US dollars instead of 499.99 dollars
  • Great Britain: £75 reduction , i.e. 404.99 pounds sterling instead of 479.99 pounds sterling
These reductions will be valid in the official Playstation store (Playstation Direct), but also at official retailers in each country such as Amazon, MediaMarkt, Target or GAME UK.

Remember that the United States has never experienced a price increase on the PS5 unlike the rest of the world. This is why the reduction is lower than that offered in Europe.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor and Final Fantasy 16 are my two favorite games of the year. Got the platinum in Jedi and may do a run of FF16 on Fantasy mode for the platinum but probably not right now. I finished it the other day and while I really enjoyed it I don't want to play it again right away. It took about 80 hours to finish the campaign, all side quests, hunts and chronolith trials.

My other top games I played this year are Hi-Fi Rush, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and Dead Island 2.

You guys are making me feel bad for not opening mine yet. I'll likely try it tonight with all your blazing reviews. I was too much into Honkai for the last few days. I will likely do a threefer of that, My Klutzy Cupid and Krzyżacy - The Knights of the Cross (I tried the demo and thought it was aight. May do a try of the real game too).

You guys are making me feel bad for not opening mine yet. I'll likely try it tonight with all your blazing reviews. I was too much into Honkai for the last few days. I will likely do a threefer of that, My Klutzy Cupid and Krzyżacy - The Knights of the Cross (I tried the demo and thought it was aight. May do a try of the real game too).
Final Fantasy 16 really is a thing of its own. It has its faults and its shortcomings but it's absolutely better than the sum of its parts. Which kind of makes it special in its own unique way. People really like it better than it is. That's a real identity. Unlike #13 and 15, it's going to stand the test of time.

It's a much more successful launch of what FF13 was trying to do. A+ cinematics, boss battles, and HDR. The set pieces are amazing; like giant kaiju battles. It's Game of Thrones tone and story beats meet Devil May Cry combat set in a Final Fantasy skinned universe.

bread's done
Back