Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Sony is just begging me to put CFW on my old PS4 Pro that's probably on an older FW. Can't make any of their services make sense for the cost, can't roll out Classics in a timely manner, pushing everything cloud based when even Gigabit internet can struggle with it at times, etc.

Not having Day 1 releases for even the highest version hurts too. If I could have played GT7, as flawed as it was, on Day 1 on Premium, I'd have subscribed to that level. Now, they're just going to lose people outright.

Volition has been shut down.

F437YtIWAAAa0H2.jpg

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1697180742835454338
Almost like they planned this from the start, beating Starfield to PC by a month then launching opposite of it on PS. You just know they're going to hit Xbox a month later to dance around sales. These companies are becoming too cutthroat TBH.

I predict that this price increase doesn’t affect subscription numbers at all lol.
It will, but we won't know about it. Subs have all but flatlined for growth as the market has hit saturation. Doesn't matter if Sony loses a ton of subs from this increase, but it's more likely people will downgrade their tier rather than cancel. Premium is terrible and Extra offers the only real content upgrade in value, but cloud saves and online play are pretty much mandatory for most. My sub finally dies this year (waste of two years TBH) and TGS will tell me if I can dump the PS5 yet or not.

What is certain is they've stopped reporting numbers because they're stuck, same as everyone else. It does crack the whip for people to gobble up subs at the cheaper rate now and inflate those exec numbers for EOY bonuses though. Sony makes it too obvious now.

There is a way to back up PS5 saves to USB.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/

Unless there is something wrong with that support article, it indicates you can backup save files to a USB drive.
This is a deliberately cumbersome and worse solution. It's an all or none sort of backup. When you restore the backup it wipes out every PS5 game save on the console and replaces it with the backup. Contrast that to the PS4 saves where you can pick and choose which save you backup and restore without totally wiping progress in your other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, I’m super pissed it only has an 88 with 99 reviews on OpenCritic. I mean even Ghost of Tsushima got an 84. Even Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man got 88s. That means Starfield is gonna be horrible! /s

As a person who was hyped before, I’m still hyped now. But to each their own.

Yeah man, I’m super pissed it only has an 88 with 99 reviews on OpenCritic. I mean even Ghost of Tsushima got an 84. Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man also got an 88s. That means Starfield is gonna be horrible! /s

Was hyped before and still hyped now.
Never said it was gonna be horrible. I have an Xbox as well and will be downloading it. But from what I watched, it just doesn't look like my cup of tea but I will try it out and se if actually playing it changes my mind.

Also critic reviews don't mean shit in all honesty.

Sorry. Just some of the hate across the internet today seems unjustified because it didn’t get a 95+ average when some of my favorite games (including those I mentioned) were in the same range as Starfield. Just seems a bit of a double standard.

P.S. I’ll be getting Baldur’s Gate 3 too. :)

Sorry. Just some of the hate across the internet today seems unjustified because it didn’t get a 95+ average when some of my favorite games (including those I mentioned) were in the same range as Starfield. Just seems a bit of a double standard.
Nah no offense taken man

Tbh all those Critic rating sites are trash now, with all the review bombing etc.

P.S. I’ll be getting Baldur’s Gate 3 too. :)
Just play the game you are interested in. You have been focusing and talking about game scores all day through multiple threads.

Just play the game you are interested in. You have been focusing and talking about game scores all day through multiple threads.
A few posts in the Xbox thread and two posts here is “all day”? Anyway, definitely will be playing the game I’m interested in about an hour from now!

There is a way to back up PS5 saves to USB.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/

Unless there is something wrong with that support article, it indicates you can backup save files to a USB drive.
This isn't the same as backing up saves like it works on PS4. This is making you back everything up and and then you'd have to wipe and restore everything from this backup. Not a solution they need to let us back them up like PS4 saves work.

The new update adds three new maps and gyro support for PS5/PS4 along with these other controller features:

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1696929069701406986

When I was validating my subscription, you can still add time to it at the existing prices.

Mine gave me the option of buying another year of Premium at $119. Not going to do it, but if people wanted to add on time for the old prices, you may be able to do it that way.
So if my math is right, the holiday deals are usually $30 off correct? I believe I paid $89.99 for premium during the sale. That means if it goes on sale again during the upcoming holidays, it will be $129.99 for the premium meaning that you will save $10 if you extend today. That all check out? Now, if you wait for PSN credit to go on sale at 20% off dollar general or another retailer like last year, it would come out to $104 so it would be better to wait but straight money wise, it's better to buy before the increase. Again, if I would have known last year I can buy multiple years at the discounted price, I would have. Oh well.

Kinda sucks starfield was overhyped and is just a good but not great game. The console and controller looks clean though. Also just hope the stupid price increase means Black Friday discounts or else..

Says the guy who complained multiple times in the span of a few days about the Series S not supporting split screen coop for BG3. If you have a problem with Series S holding back a game release just keep it to yourself lol.

Personally I appreciate awp pointing out the lameness that is game reviewers and how people use those reviews to make a point about why a game or whatever is not good or why it is the best thing ever and everyone should love it. I have played many a game with very low average metacritic scores. I feel like "professional" critics in general are useless nowadays. I watch gameplay videos on youtube or word of mouth from some members here to make my game purchase decisions.

Says the guy who complained multiple times in the span of a few days about the Series S not supporting split screen coop for BG3. If you have a problem with Series S holding back a game release just keep it to yourself lol.

Personally I appreciate awp pointing out the lameness that is game reviewers and how people use those reviews to make a point about why a game or whatever is not good or why it is the best thing ever and everyone should love it. I have played many a game with very low average metacritic scores. I feel like "professional" critics in general are useless nowadays. I watch gameplay videos on youtube or word of mouth from some members here to make my game purchase decisions.
Are you really still holding that grudge? Please find the posts of me complaining that I wanted the Series S to have split-screen and post it here. I will personally send you $75 microsoft points. Make sure your reading comprehension is up to par too before you self own yourself, just like you did with your last post about Phil Spencer fixing split-screen. It's funny because I made a post, you quoted my post days later, I replied, and then you got offended. Yeah that was really on my part.

Geez. Those double 7/10 Starfield reviews has people raging in & derailing the Playstation thread. Odd snipping at Spraykwon & bluweltall at that. Two people that always add positively to threads. Smh...

We need whoknows to make an appearance and brighten things up. Or pepsiman to completely derail the already off the track discussion.

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1697595255749583126

"The Back to the Future Special Pack is coming to PowerWash Simulator. Retailing at $7.99/€7.99/£6.49, the high-voltage expansion will be available later this year on Steam, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

In the new Back to the Future Special Pack, players will have the opportunity to travel back in time to hose down iconic movie sets and props inspired by the Back to the Future franchise from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, including Doc Brown’s van, the Time Machine, Hill Valley Clocktower, the Holomax Theatre and Doc’s Time Train. Plus, there are ten new achievements to collect in-game."

360 "won" on this site back in the day, so most of the regulars have stayed in that ecosystem.

The PS thread also wasn't exactly welcoming to non-gaming discussion for a long time. It's a little looser now, but still iffy.

Too funny that on-topic honest discussion, opinions, and replies to genuine gaming subjects gets way more defensive and stupid here though.

Lots of people jump between threads with no ill intentions. Plenty are well off enough to own both consoles, and I think most of us are too old to care about stupid "my mega corp is better than yours" BS. We can still be critical of particulars either way.

But fuck all of you $ony $hills, Starfield dah [emoji238] no [emoji3449]

Yea had no idea my singular comment would start a shit storm spanning 2+ pages in all honesty.  I think going forward I will refrain from posting anything other console related to prevent this from happening.

Honestly my posts had nothing to do with “console wars”. I stated that I played and enjoyed all the titles I was comparing Starfield to. I just didn’t understand the immediate hate for the game when it reviewed just as well as those other (PlayStation) games I mentioned. But whatever….

Funny thing is I never once bashed either console.

I’ll go back to playing Starfield today on my XSX and BG 3 tomorrow on my PS5.

And back to the Xbox thread where we can talk about both systems in peace.

I think we can forgive you. Just stop sucking off Phil Spencer and Todd Howard and we'll be fine.

Obviously kidding. You were getting dumped on by some very fun folk for expressing a positive Microsoft-adjacent opinion on the wrong side of town.

But at least you know your place, boi. Now git.

Honestly my posts had nothing to do with “console wars”. I stated that I played and enjoyed all the titles I was comparing Starfield to. I just didn’t understand the immediate hate for the game when it reviewed just as well as those other (PlayStation) games I mentioned. But whatever….

Who gives a shit about scores. Just play the game and enjoy it.

Not trying to be mean, but what immediate hate? Someone said they were disappointed by the Starfield footage they saw. You went off and started comparing reviews of Starfield & Playstation games. So much so that you apologized to him for the outburst. No one here is hating on or bashing that game. Be mad at IGN and Gamespot for those review scores not fellow CAG's. Take a break from the internet if the "hate" for a game you like is getting to you so much.

Honestly, scores occasionally sway me. I had little interest in deathloop and when I saw it was getting 10s all over the place I got it day 1 and ultimately it wasn't for me.

to be honest I could care less about these mainstream commercial sites like IGN and I care more about what you guys here think . I value your opinion more than ign and gamespot etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CEO's, shareholders, executives, game programmers, game designers, game writers, game testers, and a ton of people considering if they will buy a game or not, especially if they are unfamiliar with a series or developer.
Cool but this dude is just mad because it’s scoring less than other games hence ignoring the score and just enjoy the game.

bread's done
Back